Spastik_Roach
01-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Absolutely stunning vehicle.

denisvn93
01-08-2006, 08:56 PM
RX-8 Reborn!

QBridge
01-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't like the seats from what I can see. I think it's ugly overall. What are the specs?

Sauc3
01-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Mazda, meet Nissan. Nissan, Mazda.

hec16
01-08-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't like the seats from what I can see. I think it's ugly overall. What are the specs?
I most agree with you the seats are not nice but the rest of the car especially that hood man its out of this world
________
SweetAdelline cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SweetAdelline)

IBrake4Rainbows
01-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Serious case of Large mouth.......seriously it looks like a freakin frog following a thorough Customs search.......

The proportions are stunning though; the hugely sculpted and exaggerated wings and wheel-arches seriously lend an athletic look.

Most commendable, save for the grille.

shockwaveracing
01-09-2006, 04:03 AM
RX-8 Reborn!

i would say closer to RX-7... and this is the car of the show so far, only equalled by the Aston Martin Rapide... this is stunning...

TVR IS KING
01-09-2006, 04:05 AM
I love it. And I agree to the next RX-8, it just has that body.
Maybe it will share some styling cues..Still I cant see an RX-8 replacement coming soon...How long has it been around?

spi-ti-tout
01-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Mazda, meet Nissan. Nissan, Mazda.
LMAO! Was gonna say the same thing.

90ft
01-09-2006, 09:12 AM
The designer of the car is the same man driving the car in these images.
At least he signed the sketch, second from last image.
Also designed the Solstice . . . well his name was on hte scetch there too.

6speed
01-09-2006, 09:56 AM
This should be the new RX-7.

Wolf03
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
This should be the new RX-7.

I thought the RX-8 was the RX-7 replacement...the way the RX-7 replaced the RX-6 and so on. So this would be either a re-designed RX-8 or a new RX-9.

QBridge
01-09-2006, 02:06 PM
I don't understand why you all are so excited about this car. Is it as fast as the Veyron or something? What are the specs?

cmcpokey
01-09-2006, 03:16 PM
when the rx-8 was released there was always talk of the rx-7 coming back as a 2 seat coupe, the way it shoudl be. so this should be logically the rx-7.

and qbridge, you obviously dont understand rotary people. a new mazda rotary car is a huge deal.

QBridge
01-09-2006, 09:54 PM
The RX8 is rotary. What's so special about this one? It's a 2 seater rotary? If so what's so special about that? The RX7 was the same as this one and I can see that but other than that I don't see why people are so excited. The RX7 which looks much better than this one can still be bought today.

Matt
01-09-2006, 10:26 PM
The RX8 is rotary. What's so special about this one? It's a 2 seater rotary? If so what's so special about that? The RX7 was the same as this one and I can see that but other than that I don't see why people are so excited. The RX7 which looks much better than this one can still be bought today.

It can't be in most of the world. And why is it somehow more ridiculous to get excited about this car than any other new car?

QBridge
01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Because the RX8 is the same as this one except the RX8 has more seats and the RX8 never picked up. So I don't see any huge differences and reasons to get excited. This new one has a widnow over the hood. Whats the reason behind that? What does anybody expect to see in there? If they include a naked chick to strip in the engine bay I'll buy 10 cars.

Plus this new one looks like a hatchback. Looks nothing like a coupe which is what the RX7 and RX8 are.

Did anyone notice that this new one has 3 seats? Do they acutally expect someone to crawl back there?

shockwaveracing
01-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Because the RX8 is the same as this one except the RX8 has more seats and the RX8 never picked up. So I don't see any huge differences and reasons to get excited. This new one has a widnow over the hood. Whats the reason behind that? What does anybody expect to see in there? If they include a naked chick to strip in the engine bay I'll buy 10 cars.

Plus this new one looks like a hatchback. Looks nothing like a coupe which is what the RX7 and RX8 are.

Did anyone notice that this new one has 3 seats? Do they acutally expect someone to crawl back there?

you may be allowed to have your own opinions, no matter how narrow-minded they appear to be... the RX-8 has done very well considering, that for the time being it, with the MX-5 share top billing as the halo models in the Mazda range, so i don't quite know what you are on about in regards to the "RX-8 never picked up"...
also if this thing was to replace the RX-7 and had a similar design philosophy to the latest generation MX-5 in terms of sticking to the basics which made the previous generations so good, then this car would be an exceptional car. the previous RX-7 was sensational value for money in terms of performance and dynamics. the is SOMETHING to get excited about, if it does eventuate... not everything has to be as fast as the veyron (as if anything really is anywayz) if they were the world would be full of the same sort of car and we would be bored...

and 3 seats? well there is a fairly obvious reason for that. even the Japanese enjoy a menage-a-trois every once in a while... :cool:

Matt
01-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Every RX-7 has been a hatchback.

ZeTurbo
01-10-2006, 01:36 AM
The overall shape of the car is very atractive.

It is the little things that i dont like about this car(the way the windows are breaking the belt line of this car, that metal line under mazda sign, the seats) as isignificant that they might be

QBridge
01-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I for one never saw the RX8 in those drifting competions, sure, maybe 1 or 2. You look on Ebay and they all stock. Nobody is tuning RX8s or I'm just blind. Everyone seems to be going for the RX7 which is why I said the RX8 never picked up.

Matt
01-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I for one never saw the RX8 in those drifting competions, sure, maybe 1 or 2. You look on Ebay and they all stock. Nobody is tuning RX8s or I'm just blind. Everyone seems to be going for the RX7 which is why I said the RX8 never picked up.

What do drifting competitions have to do with popularity?

QBridge
01-10-2006, 12:12 PM
What do drifting competitions have to do with popularity?
Like I said that's not the only place where you can see that the RX8 never picked up or is unpopular. Sure they probably sold a few but I never saw the tuner crowd buy them.
You can look all these street racing videos. Everytime you see Supra vs RX7 vs Mustang vs WRX STi but never an RX8.

Matt
01-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Like I said that's not the only place where you can see that the RX8 never picked up or is unpopular. Sure they probably sold a few but I never saw the tuner crowd buy them.
You can look all these street racing videos. Everytime you see Supra vs RX7 vs Mustang vs WRX STi but never an RX8.

Well, it's well-known that the Rotary is a more fragile engine that is more expensive to mod and more expensive to repair. With the RX-7 being used, as well as all the other cars you listed being readily available in the used car market, they would be cheaper to buy and cheaper to find parts for.

The Toyota Camry is the most popular car in the United States. The F-150 is the most popular vehicle sold in the United States. You don't see either of those frequently in the tuner crowd.

Broaden your horizons.