PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya 1/20 Lotus 25 (completed)

Wouter Melissen
02-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Here is a kit I built a couple of years ago. Being one of the quintessential Grand Prix racers, the Lotus 25 is a great subject. The kit is of the well known Tamiya quality and I built it straight from the box. Only thing added are the ignition wires.

Matra et Alpine
02-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Here is a kit I built a couple of years ago. Being one of the quintessential Grand Prix racers, the Lotus 25 is a great subject. The kit is of the well known Tamiya quality and I built it straight from the box. Only thing added are the ignition wires.
Nice work.
Ignition wires look perfect scale, what did you use ?
Hmmm, feeling the need to get my stash out and start :)

Wouter Melissen
02-27-2004, 09:51 AM
I think it was ignition wire from a Studio 27 set, we have quite a collection of wires of all types of sizes and colors. The correct color for the wires is black/yellow, but that was a bit hard to get.

I haven't built a kit in ages. The new Tamiya Williams is my next project, when I finally get some time off.

Niko_Fx
02-27-2004, 10:27 AM
It looks awesome :)

bige321786
02-27-2004, 05:26 PM
absolutely fantastic. splendid work!
another one of my favorite scale modelling artists is a man by the name of Alex Kustov.
Check out his website, www.italianhorses.net
specializes in 1/24 ferrari models, splendid work

Wouter Melissen
02-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Wow the 156 Shark Nose looks incredible!

crisis
03-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Nice work.
Ignition wires look perfect scale, what did you use ?
Hmmm, feeling the need to get my stash out and start :)
A couple of options which you probably know about are fuse wire and thin solder. I was a member of a modelling club some time back and it is always interesting to hear what people use to fabricate parts without resorting to purchasing details sets etc.

Matra et Alpine
03-02-2004, 06:35 PM
A couple of options which you probably know about are fuse wire and thin solder.
It's solder I use. I asked in case there are newer solutions.
I find solder takes paint better than fuse wire.
I was lucky to work as an Electronics Design engineer for a major high-tech manufacturer and was able to acquire varioius different solders of different thicknesses.
I also have shaved thin solder down to smaller diameter.
Human hair I'm told is also an excellent substitute for wire but not one I've tried as I've never seen 'wavy' wires in a car :) :)

crisis
03-02-2004, 11:23 PM
It's solder I use. I asked in case there are newer solutions.
I find solder takes paint better than fuse wire.
I was lucky to work as an Electronics Design engineer for a major high-tech manufacturer and was able to acquire varioius different solders of different thicknesses.
I also have shaved thin solder down to smaller diameter.
Human hair I'm told is also an excellent substitute for wire but not one I've tried as I've never seen 'wavy' wires in a car :) :)
There is also nylon "cotton" for want of a better word. Should be available from dressmaking shops whatever they are. The bonus with this is that you can glue it with model glue and then heat it gently with a match and it makes it pull tight. Takes some practise.