02-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Lotus Exige S2 #4

shockwaveracing
01-13-2005, 02:17 AM
jshdbfsdhv

will post some info... in a few ticks

fa22_raptor
01-13-2005, 02:22 AM
It's beauuuutiful! I want one right NOW!

shockwaveracing
01-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Lotus Sport Exige
470 hp/tonne Race Ready Sport Exige Debuts at Autosport International Show
Lotus Sport, the performance division of Lotus Cars Ltd., has developed the new Lotus Sport Exige, a direct motorsport derivative of the successful Lotus Exige.
The Lotus designed and engineered racecar was part manufactured by RTN, the team responsible for the Le Mans winning Bentley, using the latest motorsport techniques and procedures to produce a lightweight yet strong carbon-fibre bodywork structure around the standard road-going Lotus Exige Aluminium extruded and bonded chassis.
The Lotus Sport designed fully adjustable suspension system with double wishbones all round was fabricated and manufactured by Pilbeam. Power is provided by a 400 hp Swindon Racing Engines tuned GM 3 litre V6 racing engine linked to a Hewland sequential six-speed gearbox, with AP-Racing providing the braking system.
This one-off racecar has been built for a South East Asian client and is expected to race in selected sportscar races in Asia. There are no plans as yet to build further examples of the Lotus Sport Exige but the base structure has been carefully designed to comply with key motorsport regulations around the world. Adhering to the key Lotus philosophy of performance through lightweight, the Lotus Sport Exige weighs in at just 850kg.
The whole project, conducted in complete secrecy has taken less than 6 months and the car will run for the first time at the 2½ mile Hethel test track in mid January.
Chris Arnold, General Manager for Lotus Sport explains the philosophy behind the Lotus Sport Exige:
“The Lotus Sport Exige is a competition car developed directly from the road going Exige. The racecar uses the existing tub with only minor modifications, and careful design has enabled Lotus Sport to package an upgraded powertrain assembly whilst maintaining an equivalent weight to the existing road car. When this package is combined with further improvements to suspension and bodywork, it produces a fantastic looking car with great track potential.
The car has been taken from concept to reality in only six months and I thank all our engineering partners and the staff at Lotus who have worked so hard on this fantastic project.”
As the Lotus Sport Exige is, at present, a one-off racecar, a price cannot be given for the racecar package.
The Lotus Sport Exige in more Detail: Chassis and suspension systems
The Lotus Sport Exige is directly developed from the road-going Lotus Exige that was unveiled at the Geneva Motorshow in 2004. The heart of the Sport Exige is the bonded and extruded Aluminium Chassis, the technology for which was first introduced in the Lotus Elise in 1995. The Exige chassis, which is also used in the Lotus Elise 111R, is the latest development of this award winning structure and weighs 68kg and has a torsional stiffness of 10500 Nm/degree. Made up of 25 separate extrusions, and bonded with an epoxy adhesive, the chassis in the Lotus Sport Exige is an exceptionally stiff, strong and lightweight structure. This Lotus technology is so world-leading that it has been used on other non-Lotus products including high performance production front-engined V12 and V8 GT cars.
An FIA approved 8-point roll cage has been bolted to the chassis, prior to the bodywork being fitted.
Double wishbone front suspension is mounted to the same suspension hard points as the road-going Lotus Exige, whilst the rear suspension picks up to a revised rear subframe. However, being a full racecar, there is adjustment for ride height, camber and castor, as well as adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars. Coil springs are mounted over Ohlins ST44 3-way adjustable dampers front and rear.

The Body
Lightweight “Z-Preg.” carbon fibre bodywork was specially manufactured for Lotus by RTN, the team responsible for the Le Mans winning Bentley. These panels (front clam, “A” panel, body side and sill, roof, engine cover and rear clam) have been made using an innovative low temperature curing process. The moulds were taken directly from the Sport Exige styling “clay” and the resulting carbon fibre panels are race-ready without having to rely on the costly tooling process used in current carbon fibre technology. This is thought to be the first time that this technology has been used on such large carbon fibre panels.
An aerodynamically developed front splitter, carbon fibre rear diffuser and an adjustable carbon rear wing provide increased levels of downforce. The interior of the Lotus Sport Exige is similar to the standard Exige, but the standard roadcar wiring harness is replaced with a full Raychem 25 system incorporating Mil-spec connectors from Beru Formula 1 Harnesses. Conventional fuses are replaced with circuit breakers, and a Stack display with integrated data recording is fitted as standard.
A racing bucket seat (driver side only) is mounted as right hand drive to optimise weight balance through right hand corners (most circuits run clockwise). A six-point seat belt, prepared for using HANS Safety System, and a removable steering wheel (with quick-connect coupling) is included in the interior package.
The composite energy absorbing crash structure used on the standard road cars is also carried over to the Lotus Sport Exige. This glass fibre composite structure, around five times more energy absorbing than the equivalent steel component, also houses the larger water radiator and provides efficient cooling and air ducting over the carbon front clamshell.
A 100 litre FT3 safety fuel cell (with quick refuelling system) is mounted behind the driver and in front of the engine (as with the road-going Exige). A fully plumbed in electrical fire extinguishing system completes the body package.

Brakes
AP Racing provides the non-ABS braking system, which includes the pedal box (with brake balance bar and cylinders). AP Racing also provides the powerful six piston brake calipers at the front and four piston brake calipers at the rear. These calipers are mated to vented discs (344 mm diameter at the front and 330 mm diameter at the rear).

Rims and Tyres
Ultra lightweight OZ Racing Chrono single-piece cast magnesium rims (8.8J x 17 ET40 at the front and 11.25J x 18 ET50 at the rear) are shod with Yokohama tyres (250/610-17 at the front and 280/650-18 at the rear).

shockwaveracing
01-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Powertrain: Engine and Transmission
A narrow angle V6, 2,998 cc Swindon Racing Engines tuned GM racing engine is mounted longitudinally in the Lotus Sport Exige. The naturally aspirated 32-valve engine produces 400 hp (296 kW or 405 PS) at 7,750 rpm and 294 lb.ft (398 Nm or 40.6 kgm) of torque at 6,500 rpm and has a maximum engine speed of 8,250 rpm. When the light weight of the Lotus Sport Exige is taken into consideration, the power to weight ratio is a phenomenal 470 hp / tonne (0.351 kW/kg or 476 PS/tonne). The engine itself weighs 157 kg.
Breathing is via an F1-style airbox and air snorkel from the roof panel of the Sport Exige directly into the six carbon fibre air trumpets.
The dry-sump engine, with a bore of 89.0 mm and stroke of 93.7 mm is water cooled and also uses an oil-water heat exchanger to efficiently cool the oil. The whole engine is controlled by a Motec M600 electronic engine management system fitted inside the cockpit.
The power is transferred from the engine to the rear wheels via a single mass stepped flywheel, AP Racing twin-disc cerametallic race clutch and Hewland NLT sequential six-speed dog type transmission (with in-line shift mechanism). The gearbox itself is cooled through an oil-water heat exchanger. A limited slip differential (separate power and brake ramp angles) completes the powertrain package.
Design
The one-off racecar has been designed by Barney Hatt (Principal Designer for Lotus Design), under the direction of Russell Carr (Chief of Design). Taking the already aerodynamic road going Exige, Hatt designed the Lotus Sport Exige with the requirements to carry the design of the Exige and the brand attributes of Lotus into a competitive racecar.
Russell Carr explains the work needed to design the Lotus Sport Exige: “The objective was to create a dramatic design and to take into account aerodynamic criteria to produce a race car that was not only competitive but also stunningly good looking. General motorsport regulations also had to be adhered to so the fact that the resulting racecar looks like a natural competition evolution of the road going Exige is a testament to the purity and effectiveness of the original design.”

Dimensions
The Lotus Sport Exige is slightly longer (350 mm) and wider (100 mm) than the road-going Exige to accommodate the larger engine, wider track, longer wheelbase and to optimise the aerodynamics. The length is mainly from the cockpit rearwards but the short rear overhang design of the road-going Exige is maintained.
Lotus Sport Exige
Technical Specifications
Engine
. • Narrow (56˚) angle V6 engine, water-cooled
. • 2,998 cc, stroke 93.7 mm, bore 89.0 mm.
. • Max. power: 400 hp (296 kW or 405 PS) at 7,750 rpm
. • Max. torque: 294 lb.ft (398 Nm or 40.6 kgm) at 6,500 rpm
. • Max. rpm: 8,250 rpm
. • Four valve technology
. • Oil-cooler (oil-water heat exchanger)
. • Dry-sump lubrication
. • SRE Multi-roller barrel throttle bodies
. • F1 style airbox and air snorkel
. • Motec M600 electronic engine management system
. • Required fuel quality: 98 octane super unleaded
. • Race exhaust: multiple pipe manifold, open exhaust
. • No catalytic converter

Note: service limits will apply
Transmission
. • Hewland sequential six-speed dog type transmission, straight cut gears
. • In-line shift mechanism
. • Gear ratios: Crown wheel & pinion gear 9:35

.– 1st gear 12:36
.– 2nd gear 15:33
.– 3rd gear 18:30
.– 4th gear 20:26
.– 5th gear 24:26
.– 6th gear 26:24

. • Oil-water heat exchanger
. • Single-mass flywheel
. • AP Racing twin-disc cerametallic race clutch

Chassis
. • RHD race vehicle developed from Lotus Exige road car
. • Lotus bonded aluminium chassis and composite crash structure
. • Bolted on 8-point roll cage (in accordance with FIA-Regulations 2004)
. • Three-point AP Racing air jack system

Bodywork
. • Weight optimised and widened Exige
. • Lotus Design RTN “Z-preg.” carbon fibre bodywork
. • Aerodynamically developed front splitter and rear diffuser
. • Adjustable carbon rear wing
. • Racing bucket seat (driver side only)
. • Six-point seat belt, prepared for using HANS Safety System
. • Removable steering wheel (with quick-connect coupling)
. • Electrical fire extinguishing system
. • 100 litre FT3 safety fuel cell with quick refuelling system
. • Total weight of bodywork excluding doors ~ 44 kg

Suspension
. • Double wishbone front suspension with spherical bearings
. • Adjustable front anti-roll bar
. • Non-PAS
. • Double wishbone rear suspension with spherical bearings
. • Adjustable rear anti-roll bar
. • Ohlins ST44 3-way adjustable dampers
. • Coil over damper springs front and rear
. • Suspension adjustable for ride heights, camber and castor

Braking system
. • Non-ABS system
. • AP Racing pedal box with brake balance bar and AP Racing cylinders
. • Aeroquip style brake lines
. • Front AP Racing six piston brake calipers
. • AP Racing vented discs diameter: 344 mm
. • Aluminium disc bells, race brake pads
. • Rear AP Racing four piston brake calipers
. • AP Racing vented discs diameter: 330 mm
. • Aluminium disc bells, race brake pads
Rims/Tyres
. • OZ Racing Chrono single-piece cast magnesium rims:
. • F -8.8J x 17 ET40
. • R -11.25J x 18 ET50
. • Yokohama tyres
. • F -250/610-17
. • R -280/650-18
. • Single central wheel nuts with locking device

Electrical System
. • Motec M600 engine management
. • Stack display with integrated data recording
. • Raychem 25 system wiring looms and Mil spec connectors
. • Red Top battery: 12 Volt, 50 Ah
. • Twin Bosch fuel pumps with change over switch
. • Floor mounted carbon fibre centre switch console
. • Circuit breaker switches (no fuses)
. • 120 Ah Alternator

Dimensions Lotus Sport Exige
Wheelbase 2500 mm Track -front 1545 mm Track -rear 1528 mm Overall length 4142 mm Overall width (door mirrors excluded) 1840 mm Overall width (door mirrors included) 1850 mm Overall height -1125 mm Overhang – front 950 mm Overhang -rear 692 mm Vehicle mass -unladen (running order, ~ 850 kg full tank of fuel, no occupants, no luggage)

fa22_raptor
01-13-2005, 02:37 AM
That thing would ABSOLUTELY FLY looking at those specs. 400hp in an 850kg body... incredible!

Rijoh
01-13-2005, 06:09 AM
WOAH MENTAL!!!! :eek: I adore it, I want one :D

pimento
01-13-2005, 06:45 AM
Man, it'd be very hard to keep the tyres gripping. I'd love to try though....

andy.muc
01-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Wow man! That looks so awesome!
Thx so much for the pics shockwaveracing!

Are there any more on the Media-Site (or where you got them from).

:Exige:
01-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Man, it'd be very hard to keep the tyres gripping. I'd love to try though....
Why would it be hard to grip?

Shame this wont be coming to the road.

UCR
01-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Total weight of bodywork excluding doors ~ 44 kg :eek:

Mustang
01-13-2005, 10:47 AM
wow :eek:

blackcat77
01-13-2005, 11:04 AM
It still looks like an insect. Where did Lotus get the idea that "grotesque" is attractive.

Coventrysucks
01-13-2005, 11:17 AM
S-Sport VX-S kicked squarely in the nuts there.

(VX-S is a 300bhp 3.2-litre V6 engined VX220 with a coupe/ removable hardtop version in the pipeline)

Egg Nog
01-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Holy $#&%@!

YES! YES!

Is there going to be any roadgoing car similar to this?

UCR
01-13-2005, 12:02 PM
I want there to be a road car one, and there probably will be.

Lets see how it does on the top gear test track :D.

Pinin
01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I love it so much! And I may get a couple of photos on Friday too. :D

ScionDriver
01-13-2005, 01:30 PM
That is HOT!!!!

Rockefella
01-13-2005, 01:36 PM
It still looks like an insect. Where did Lotus get the idea that "grotesque" is attractive.
you may be the only one on the thread that thinks so.. I love it. :)

McLareN
01-13-2005, 02:20 PM
WoW :eek:
one word: astonishing

01-13-2005, 03:11 PM
I think this closer resembles the Elise GT1 when you think about it. The S1 Exige didnt have a Lotus Sport version .. Race companies did their own custom aero tweaks that complied with regulations. There was however the Motosport Elise .. but that ended out as a body kit addon instead of a new car. There was then the GT1 .. a single unit built for the road for homologation purposes. I think if we do see a road going version of this .. numbers will be small. There is not profit in building a road going version when you consider the expenses involved. The Carbon fibre panels must go, the interior must be re-vamped, a Cat must be fitted. Loads of stuff would have to go into making it a car that is usable on the road. You would also be looking at the weight edging up closer to the 950kg again. And price? The standard Exige is £32k approx. If they make the price too close the standard exige wont sell, if they make it too high, the LS one wont sell. You also have to take in mind the power output would be massively decreased .. the engine isnt made for a lifetime .. its not even made for a whole season. And if you were to include carbon fibre panels .. aftermarket carbon panels for the S1 were about £8k. Id expect the S2 Lotus Sport ones to cost close to £15 minimum because factory parts arent cheap and the S2 is slightly larger.

Basically - this wont be made for the road. And if it is .. 20 units is the extreme maximum.

GTR Dreamer
01-13-2005, 04:14 PM
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeee thats sssssssswwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

shockwaveracing
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Wow man! That looks so awesome!
Thx so much for the pics shockwaveracing!

Are there any more on the Media-Site (or where you got them from).

nah they were the only two pics...

Rijoh
01-14-2005, 07:30 AM
We want more pics, we get more pics:

Rijoh
01-14-2005, 07:34 AM
And the last two:

rage_c900T16s
01-14-2005, 02:03 PM
I love it so much! And I may get a couple of photos on Friday too. :D

:confused: :confused:

Where from?

If you are visiting Hethel, its not there.

Where did you get all these pics from shockwaveracing and Rijoh??

The guys in the office at Lotus have only seen the front 3/4 pic :rolleyes:

Coventrysucks
01-14-2005, 02:05 PM
:confused: :confused:

Where from?

"Sport Exige Debuts at Autosport International Show"

CdocZ
01-14-2005, 02:07 PM
ok........with luck, this car will be mine some day........

rage_c900T16s
01-14-2005, 02:14 PM
:o :o

Makes sense now.

rage_c900T16s
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
The whole project, conducted in complete secrecy has taken less than 6 months and the car will run for the first time at the 2½ mile Hethel test track in mid January.

Damn right that has been kept secret, i`m there every day and have heard nothing about until wednesday. Hopefully i`ll be there when its going round the track.

01-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Damn right that has been kept secret, i`m there every day and have heard nothing about until wednesday. Hopefully i`ll be there when its going round the track.
Havent had such luck with the 2+2 project .. plenty of spy pics are circulating of that .. even a video.

Pimp racer
01-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Thats just freaking outrageous!

Pinin
01-14-2005, 04:31 PM
"Sport Exige Debuts at Autosport International Show"
That's right. :D

andy.muc
01-17-2005, 09:12 AM
http://img129.exs.cx/img129/7628/damnpic5vu.jpg

rage_c900T16s
01-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I had a good look at this car today. Its not THAT impressive in the flesh. Ok it is impressive but not as amazing as i thought it would be. Put it this way, it was parked up in a factory with loads of other Exiges and Elises, and it didn`t stand out like it ought to :rolleyes:

Just waiting for it to go round the track, hopefully will see it within the next day or two.

From what i understand it was developed at the same place in Norfolk (not Hethel) as the Le Mans winning Bentley. I could be wrong though.

Captain
01-24-2005, 08:26 PM
I want Get one,
How Much,And From where I can get it?

Please Give Me URL Because In my Country there is no dealer right now.

Thanks

McLareN
01-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Heres another pic :)

Captain
01-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Any body Here??

Coventrysucks
01-26-2005, 06:14 PM
I want Get one,
How Much,And From where I can get it?

Please Give Me URL Because In my Country there is no dealer right now.

You can't get one.

"This one-off racecar has been built for a South East Asian client and is expected to race in selected sportscar races in Asia. There are no plans as yet to build further examples of the Lotus Sport Exige"

http://www.grouplotus.com/car/

Captain
01-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Thank you so much.
I looking for this web site.

Thnaks again

RaphLeFou
01-29-2005, 05:44 AM
(1280 x 960)

McLareN
01-29-2005, 06:00 AM
And another one :)

shockwaveracing
02-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Limited Edition Lotus Sport Exige 240R

Highest Performing, Limited Edition Exige:

Lotus Sport, the performance division of Lotus Cars Ltd., has
developed the Lotus Sport Exige 240R, a limited edition high performance
sportscar with total global build volumes kept strictly to 50 cars.

Lotus Sport will build the Lotus Sport Exige 240R within its
facilities at the Group Lotus Headquarters in Hethel, Norfolk. This
facility, located in the centre of the famous Hethel Test Track, has a great
history of producing bespoke versions of Lotus products and can list the
Lotus Sport Exige 400 hp racecar and over 100 Elise and Exige racing cars in
its portfolio.

With a supercharged and intercooled high revving engine producing
over 240 hp and over 170 lbft of torque, the Lotus Sport Exige 240R reaches
60 mph in less than 4 seconds and 100 mph (160 km/h) in less than 10 seconds
before topping out at 155 mph (249 km/h). At this top speed the advanced
aerodynamics produce 113 kg of downforce increasing grip, stability and
safety.
The 50 versions of the Lotus Sport Exige 240R will be built as post
registration official factory conversions of new Lotus Exiges. Up to 40 of
these cars will be sold in the EU and the balance is intended to be
predominantly sold in Japan. The suffix of 240R indicates the approximate
horsepower of the engine, conservatively rounded down from the actual figure
of 243 hp (181 kW, 247 PS). The total unladen weight is approximately 930 kg
and the power to weight is approximately 261 hp / tonne (195 kW / tonne, 266
PS / tonne).

All 50 cars will be built to order and to further identify and
maintain the exclusivity of the Lotus Sport Exige 240R, they will only be
available in Sport Yellow or Sport Black - both unique and exclusive colours
specifically blended to denote the brand colour scheme of Lotus Sport.

The Lotus Sport Exige 240R will be sold at a Recommended Retail
Price of £43,995 (62,000 Euros).

The Lotus Sport Exige 240R also has a unique interior trim in black
with Lotus Sport Yellow highlights in leather. A unique numbered Lotus Sport
build plate is fitted to the aluminium chassis member on the passenger side.
The interior also includes sports seats, driver and passenger four-point
harnesses which are fitted to a cross bar that is part of the motorsport
specification T45 roll bar.
New lightweight five spoke forged alloy wheels are of a slightly
wider section to the standard Exige wheel to accommodate the optional extra
track only specification slick tyres as well as the Yokohama A048 tyres,
which come as standard. These wheels are painted in "Satin Black" for the
Sport Yellow painted version of the Lotus Sport Exige 240R and "High Power
Silver" for the Sport Black painted version.

In addition to the powerful four-cylinder engine, the Lotus Sport
Exige 240R also includes specially developed Lotus Sport parts including
upgraded brakes, stiffer springs and 2-way adjustable Ohlins dampers with
ride height adjustment, an adjustable front anti-roll bar, twin oil coolers
and an Accusump.

Clive Dopson, Managing Director of Lotus Cars Ltd. is very
enthusiastic about the new Lotus Sport Exige 240R: "The Lotus Sport Exige
240R is a classic example of Lotus' focused attitude to performance through
lightweight. We believe that this car, even though it will be built in small
volumes, is a very significant addition to the Lotus product portfolio and
will go down in history as such. I am sure that the fortunate fifty
customers of the car will agree."

Chris Arnold, General Manager for Lotus Sport comments: "The Lotus
Sport brand has been around for a number of years, and in that time has
developed a number of performance upgrades for customers. The Lotus Sport
Exige 240R is probably the most complete in-house Lotus Sport product that
has been developed. It is a testament to the capability of the Elise
platform and the competence of the standard Exige that we haven't had to
make any structural changes to the car to accommodate the power of a 3 litre
engine, albeit in the guise of a 1.8 litre engine."

Chris Arnold continues: "These fifty cars are unique, both in
appearance and in equipment levels. After we have made these fifty cars, we
will not be building any more to this complete specification. Lotus Sport
has the Lotus product experience to be able to chose the right components
for the Lotus Sport Exige 240R so if customers want the ultimate road going
Exige, I recommend that they do not delay and contact their nearest Lotus
dealer as soon as possible!"

Niko_Fx
02-25-2005, 07:51 PM
With a supercharged and intercooled high revving engine producing
over 240 hp and over 170 lbft of torque, the Lotus Sport Exige 240R reaches
60 mph in less than 4 seconds and 100 mph (160 km/h) in less than 10 seconds
before topping out at 155 mph (249 km/h). At this top speed the advanced
aerodynamics produce 113 kg of downforce increasing grip, stability and
safety.

Amazing...

Do you have any more pictures?

shockwaveracing
02-25-2005, 07:59 PM
they were the only ones available on the lotus media site at the moment... i will have a look later to see if they put some more images up...

Sweeney921
02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
that is a AWESOME lotus! wait, they all are :D

aNOBLEman
02-25-2005, 08:49 PM
WOW! First of all that has very good looks. Second it has the acceleration of much more expensive cars. Third it can handle as good or better than much more expensive cars. Amazing!

jcp123
02-25-2005, 09:37 PM
It just looks...oversculpted to me. A simpler body on this thing would look amazing...

Spastik_Roach
02-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Simple body does not equal Elise or Exige. Any Elise or Exige must have a crazy body.

McLareN
02-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Lotus Sport Exige 240R #2:

VtecMini
02-26-2005, 05:36 AM
VtecMini disapproves.

First Lotus Exige: 780kg
Lotus Exige S2: 875kg
Lotus Sport Exige 240R: 930kg

Truly Mr Chapman would be turning in his grave if he knew.

johnnyperl
02-26-2005, 01:03 PM
i agree.
also, why did they need a supercharger?
the exige/elises that have the honda KO22A engines acheive this easily and they are all NA, too bad honda didnt partner with lotus.
I love lotus but i dont like this one.

Matra et Alpine
02-26-2005, 01:14 PM
They're building 50 of them.
So they'll be purchased by rich folks to look good in their garages.
What's the betting half of them end up in LA ???

So weight isnt' actually an issue. It's for the "cachet" they'll be bought by people who have more money than sense.

The purists and trackday warriors will still be buying the K-series Lotii in droves :)

shockwaveracing
02-26-2005, 07:31 PM
the exige/elises that have the honda KO22A engines acheive this easily and they are all NA

which models have this honda engine?

johnnyperl
03-04-2005, 12:13 PM

i dont think a single one will end up in LA.

the honda equiped cars have had the engines swapped.

Matra et Alpine
03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
i dont think a single one will end up in LA.

the honda equiped cars have had the engines swapped.
The 240R doesn't use the Honda engine.
It's based of the Toyota version - see highlight

But looks like you could be right, they're not bothering with the US market !!!! - see highlight

From LOTUS Press Release ..... ( full pdf is here (http://www.grouplotus.com/mediactr/pr_download.php?pid=209) )
NEWS RELEASE
Limited Edition Lotus Sport Exige 240R
Highest Performing, Limited Edition Exige:
Lotus Sport, the performance division of Lotus Cars Ltd., has developed the Lotus Sport Exige 240R, a limited edition high performance sportscar with total global build volumes kept strictly to 50 cars.
Lotus Sport will build the Lotus Sport Exige 240R within its facilities at the Group Lotus Headquarters in Hethel, Norfolk. This facility, located in the centre of the famous Hethel Test Track, has a great history of producing bespoke versions of Lotus products and can list the Lotus Sport Exige 400 hp racecar and over 100 Elise and Exige racing cars in its portfolio.
With a supercharged and intercooled high revving engine producing over 240 hp and over 170 lbft of torque, the Lotus Sport Exige 240R reaches 60 mph in less than 4 seconds and 100 mph (160 km/h) in less than 10 seconds before topping out at 155 mph (249 km/h). At this top speed the advanced aerodynamics produce 113 kg of downforce increasing grip, stability and safety.
The 50 versions of the Lotus Sport Exige 240R will be built as post registration official factory conversions of new Lotus Exiges. Up to 40 of these cars will be sold in the EU and the balance is intended to be predominantly sold in Japan. The suffix of 240R indicates the approximate
horsepower of the engine, conservatively rounded down from the actual figure of 243 hp (181kW, 247 PS). The total unladen weight is approximately 930 kg and the power to weight is approximately 261 hp / tonne (195 kW / tonne, 266 PS / tonne).
The standard Exige uses a 189 hp (141 kW, 192 PS) 2ZZ-GE 1.8 litre VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing with Lift – intelligent) engine supplied by Toyota.............
Lotus Sport and Lotus Engineering had to ensure that there were minimal changes to the base 2ZZ-GE engine, which arrives fully dressed from Toyota for the Exige and the Elise 111R. The lightweight 2ZZ-GE engine, with a compact metal matrix composite alloy cylinder block, is a perfect unit on which to conduct the necessary research, as it runs to a high 8500 rpm, with a very high compression ratio of 11.5:1. The only changes needed to be made to the engine were the addition of a low pressure Eaton M62 Supercharger (and the longer drive belt that this requires), the intercooler and a new intake manifold, plenum and induction system.

johnnyperl
03-09-2005, 11:42 AM
The 240R doesn't use the Honda engine.
It's based of the Toyota version - see highlight
i was refering to these...
http://www.prototyperacing.com/ (http://www.prototyperacing.com/k20kit.htm)
247.7Hp @ 7,790 (!) Rpm

there are some european shops who do a similar conversion.

Matra et Alpine
03-10-2005, 03:00 AM
i was refering to these...
http://www.prototyperacing.com/ (http://www.prototyperacing.com/k20kit.htm)
247.7Hp @ 7,790 (!) Rpm

there are some european shops who do a similar conversion.
sorry jp, I misred "the honda equipped cars" to mean those which had a Honda engine, not those where an owner had pushed a Honda engine into it as clearly any conversion like that is "engineX equipped" and by now I think every type of engine has been tried to be shoe-horned into a Lotus :) and they ahve nothing to do with the 240R.

Making them "better" by doing it is up for debate :) with a 5% change in weight bias to the rear

Sickness
03-10-2005, 06:01 PM
I love this car.

my porsche
03-10-2005, 06:10 PM

ehh, too cheap, everyone there has $60,000 cars, to stand out you need a $150,000+ car :p

johnnyperl
03-11-2005, 06:55 PM
by now I think every type of engine has been tried to be shoe-horned into a Lotus :) and they ahve nothing to do with the 240R.

Making them "better" by doing it is up for debate :) with a 5% change in weight bias to the rear

good points!
ive never driven any of these cars but it seems more sensible(succssesful) than sticking an Audi twin turbo V6 in the back!

my porsche
03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
whats wrong with a 2.7t engine? they are easily uprated

Manik
03-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Does the stock elise have a Celica engine? Not this one the stock car.

Matra et Alpine
03-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Does the stock elise have a Celica engine? Not this one the stock car.
Depends which engien is in the canadian Celica :)

From post #14 ...
The standard Exige uses a 189 hp (141 kW, 192 PS) 2ZZ-GE 1.8 litre VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing with Lift – intelligent) engine supplied by Toyota.............

Matt
06-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Lotus Sport Exige 240R #4

Matt
06-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Lotus Sport Exige 240R #5

Sauc3
08-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Lotus Exige S2 #5

Sauc3
08-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Lotus Exige S2 #6

Sauc3
08-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Lotus Exige S2 #7

Sauc3
08-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Lotus Exige S2 #8

Matt
08-17-2005, 08:47 PM
VERY nice additions! :)

Sauc3
08-17-2005, 09:02 PM

Wow a compliment from God :D. Thanks Matt, but you're the real hero, I've enjoyed many a trip throughout this forum.

Matt
08-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow a compliment from God :D. Thanks Matt, but you're the real hero, I've enjoyed many a trip throughout this forum.

Don't call me God. But, you're welcome to call me master and wash my feet. :)

shockwaveracing
08-18-2005, 01:33 AM

as if you didn't already have these... ;) i have had them for months so surely you must have...

nioted
08-18-2005, 04:22 PM
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Yes, that technically is the Sport Exige but who cares... it's still an Exige and boy is it cool!

Dino Scuderia
08-18-2005, 04:35 PM
That last one is called Sport Exige, 400HP V6.

spi-ti-tout
08-18-2005, 04:39 PM
*bows to Sam*
*drools*

Goodstuff :)

Cotterik
08-18-2005, 04:44 PM
have more fun on track than with that car? i seriously doubt you could.

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Yes, it would be... amazing. I bet it 0wnz any Ferrari :D

Jack_Bauer
08-18-2005, 05:14 PM
That last one is called Sport Exige, 400HP V6.

:confused:

Which one?

They all look like the normal 1.8 Toyota lump Exiges to me. The one and only 'Sport Exige' was all dressed in black and was fairly distinct from the basic model in terms of the detail. I can't see any shots of it. :o

Matt
08-18-2005, 05:21 PM
:confused:

Which one?

They all look like the normal 1.8 Toyota lump Exiges to me. The one and only 'Sport Exige' was all dressed in black and was fairly distinct from the basic model in terms of the detail. I can't see any shots of it. :o

I deleted the post with the photos as there is already a thread with them.

andy.muc
08-19-2005, 01:00 AM
as if you didn't already have these... ;) i have had them for months so surely you must have...

dito.

Sauc3
08-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Lotus Exige S2 #9.

Sauc3
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Lotus Exige S2 #10.

Matt
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
dito.

Well, one of you must show me the light...because I don't have them!

andy.muc
08-23-2005, 04:00 AM
Well, one of you must show me the light...because I don't have them!

http://www.highresautoimages.com/1600/lotus/exige.html

That's where the pics are from.

Sauc3
08-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Lotus Exige S2 #11.

Matt
08-23-2005, 06:05 AM
http://www.highresautoimages.com/1600/lotus/exige.html

That's where the pics are from.

There has to be an original source and that's what I want. :)

Matt
11-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Lotus Exige #12

Matt
11-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Lotus Exige #13

johnnyperl
11-19-2005, 03:34 PM
whoa....

thanks!

6'bore
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Lotus Sport, the motor sport division of Lotus Cars Ltd., has developed two higher performance versions of the 2006 Model Year Lotus Exige, the Lotus Exige Cup and the Lotus Exige Cup 240, both developed for track use straight out of the box.

The Lotus Exige Cup cars are based on the new 2006 Model Year Exige and are completely track ready sports coupés with uprated clutch, sports exhaust, adjustable suspension, uprated brakes, limited slip differential, switchable traction control, a T45 steel roll-over hoop and Aframe
with harness mounts, fuel and ignition kill switches and a fully plumbed in fire extinguisher system. An FIA approved 6 point roll cage is a no cost option*.

As the names suggest, the Lotus Exige Cup cars are available with two different engine variants. The Lotus Exige Cup uses a 192 PS (189hp / 141kW) and 181Nm four cylinder 1.8 litre 2ZZ VVTL-i engine, and the Lotus Exige Cup 240 uses a supercharged and intercooled high revving 1.8 litre four cylinder engine producing 247 PS (243hp / 181kW) at 8000 rpm and a torque figure of 236 Nm at 7000 rpm.

Performance from both the variants is phenomenal with the Lotus Exige Cup reaching 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds and 160 km/h in 13.2 seconds, with a top speed of 237 km/h. The Lotus Exige Cup 240 reaches the 100 km/h mark in around 4.5 seconds and 160 km/h in 11.3 seconds. Top speed is 249 km/h.**

Both versions are built as official factory conversions of new Lotus Exige cars by Lotus Sport
at its facilities at the Group Lotus Headquarters in Hethel, Norfolk, UK. Each car features a
Lotus Sport build plate.

Apart from the differences in engine performance, the Lotus Exige Cup cars have identical
specification.

Engine

The Lotus Exige Cup uses a 192 PS 2ZZ-GE 1.8 litre VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing with Lift –
intelligent) engine. This high revving engine is governed to a maximum engine speed of 8500 rpm with a change between two cams (a high speed cam and a low speed cam) at between 5800 rpm and 6200 rpm depending upon the operating conditions of the car.

The supercharged and intercooled engine in the Lotus Exige Cup 240 has a maximum power output of 247 PS (243 hp / 181 kW) at 8000 rpm and a torque figure of 236 Nm at 7000 rpm. This vast amount of extra power and torque now available means that the cam change between the low-speed cam and the high-speed cam now takes place at around 4000 rpm giving a smooth and linear surge of power from 4000 rpm all the way to the maximum 8300 rpm. The Roots-type Eaton M62 supercharger (with a sealed-for-life internal mechanism meaning that it does not require the use of the engine’s oil) is run from the crankshaft, and has an integral bypass valve for part load operation. Charge air (air under pressure from the supercharger) is cooled through an air-to-air intercooler (the cooling air enters via the roof scoop) before being fed into the engine itself. All charge air ducting has been kept as short as
possible with large diameter pipes making sure that the bends in these ducts are not too tight,
to the benefit of throttle response and efficiency. Four high capacity injectors add additional fuel
under hard acceleration or high speed driving.

A sports-type clutch plate and heavy duty clutch cover transfers the engine power and torque to the lightweight C64 six-speed gearbox (with an aluminium casing) – with the same perfectly spaced ratios as the standard Elise 111R and Exige.

A torque-sensing type limited slip differential is fitted as standard and works in harmony with the
Lotus switchable traction control system. The system works though the engine, reducing power
to maintain traction, is active above 8 km/h and operates much more quickly than many brake-based
systems.

An Accusump (engine oil accumulator unit) is included in the whole package as an oil reservoir
backup for extreme track use ensuring that, under these conditions, the engine oil pressure
remains constant.

Wheels and Tyres

Y-type 8-spoke lightweight cast alloy wheels in High Power silver are shod with Lotus specific
Yokohama Advan A048 tyres (rated W and annotated with “LTS”) to maximise grip and achieve the ride and handling targets set by Lotus.

Brakes

The brake system includes cross-drilled and ventilated discs and upgraded sports brake pads set into the brake calipers (AP Racing on the front and Brembo on the rear), high grade silicon brake fluid, stainless steel braided brake hoses all linked to the proven Lotus track tuned servoassisted
four-channel ABS system that enhances braking performance and minimising stopping distance without taking over from the skill of the driver.

Suspension

Suspension is provided by Öhlins springs and two-way adjustable dampers (which have 22
compression and 60 rebound settings and ride height adjustment to reduce the ride height from
130 mm to 120 mm) and an adjustable front anti-roll bar (five settings). Full instructions and
recommended settings are provided to allow customers to tailor the handling characteristics of
the car to their own requirements.

As the Lotus Exige Cup cars are modified for track use, a double shear track control arm brace
is provided to cope with the expected kerb abuse during racing and hard track day driving.

Safety Equipment

The Lotus Exige Cup cars have all the safety equipment that is expected for a track car with 4 point seat belt harnesses (for track use only), two sports seats clad in suede-effect material and using ProBax technology, a T45 steel roll-over hoop and A-frame with harness mounts, a mechanical ignition kill switch with cockpit and external activation and a plumbed electrical fire extinguisher system, again with cockpit and external activation. A FIA approved 6-point roll cage is a no cost option, race ready for customers wishing to compete in motorsport activities.

Interior

The interior makes use of lightweight and simple race specification materials including aluminium window winders, acrylic capped door panels and carbon-effect leather door inserts.

Exhaust System

A “Level One” stainless steel sports exhaust is fitted with the bifurcated exhaust pipes exiting from the centre of the anodised-finish 3-piece rear diffuser. Front driving lamps, twin oil coolers and air conditioning* complete the equipment package for the Lotus Exige Cup cars.

The Lotus Exige Cup has a Recommended Retail Price of 47,621+VAT in mainland Europe and CHF83,948 including all taxes in Switzerland.

The Lotus Exige Cup 240 has a Recommended Retail Price of £45,995 in the UK, 56,034+VAT in mainland Europe, and CHF101,026 including all taxes in Switzerland.

---- Specifications ----

Price
--

Production
--

Engine
1.8 liter inline-4

Weight
--

Aspiration
supercharger

Torque
174 lb-ft @ 7000 rpm

HP
243 hp @ 8000 rpm

HP/Weight
--

HP/Liter
135 hp per liter

1/4 mile
--

0-62 mph
4.5 seconds

Top Speed
155 mph

RazaBlade
11-29-2005, 01:48 PM
I really like Lotuses, but I think the Elise/Exige arent quick enough for what they offer. Light-weight, bare-bones (not anymore from some specs they offer) but I think they need to make a really high powered one, with 400bhp. Or is that encroaching on space that will be occupied by a future model?
I understand that they have amazing handling in a relatively small package, making it quicker than most from A to B or around a track anyway. But they are so good, why not be even better!

6'bore
11-29-2005, 01:53 PM
I really like Lotuses, but I think the Elise/Exige arent quick enough for what they offer. Light-weight, bare-bones (not anymore from some specs they offer) but I think they need to make a really high powered one, with 400bhp. Or is that encroaching on space that will be occupied by a future model?
I understand that they have amazing handling in a relatively small package, making it quicker than most from A to B or around a track anyway. But they are so good, why not be even better!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11398

Matra et Alpine
11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Possibly, but more likely is that 400bhp in such a short wheelbase will be uncontrollable. And getting the power reliably without lots of extra weight in all the wrong places. Nope, imho, more power will compromise a near perfect setup. Let the 'next' car balance the design to match 400hp :D

You ever seen a Mini with a Rover V8 crammed in ?
LOTS more power and can't do anything with it and is a nightmare to get the front to turn.
More is not always better. Colin Chapman rule 101 :D

PS: get someone to take you on track r on a quiet known country lane and experience an Elise/Exige and THEN coem bakc if you think it's not quick enough :D

derekthetree
11-29-2005, 02:29 PM
You ever seen a Mini with a Rover V8 crammed in ?
LOTS more power and can't do anything with it and is a nightmare to get the front to turn.
More is not always better. Colin Chapman rule 101 :D

PS: get someone to take you on track r on a quiet known country lane and experience an Elise/Exige and THEN coem bakc if you think it's not quick enough :D

sounds more like colin chapman rule number 1 :)

11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
I can relate to that :D

RazaBlade
11-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry about the quite random post by myself, it was a long day today. Now that Ive got my thinking cap on, 2 points
(a) thanks for pointing that out 6'bore, cant believe I forgot about it. See, I didnt just randomly come up with 400bhp, the Sport Exige was sitting quietly in my brain somewhere when I conjured up that figure
(b) as always, good point Matra. I think BMW has warped my understanding of speed, these crazy horsepower figures they have for 'executive saloon' size cars makes all other cars somehow seem inadequate. How silly of me....

Zytek_Fan
11-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Damn that's a nice car

250 GTO
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Nice find 6'bore!

Vindesh17
11-29-2005, 09:02 PM
you would think the 0-60 time would be faster, well I did.

Rockefella
11-29-2005, 09:29 PM
400 bhp and Elise/Exige are oxymorons to me. :)

Vaigra
12-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Lotus Exige Espionage

The Lotus Exige is based purely around phenomenal performance and handling, With the advanced 1.8 litre VVTL-i engine producing a maximum power output of 192PS (189hp, 141kw) and 181 Nm (133 lb.ft, 18.5 kgm) of torque, the Exige sprints to 160 km/h (100 mph) in 13.2 seconds before reaching a top speed of 237 km/h.

Key to this phenomenal performance and handling is the total aerodynamic package (which gives 41.2 kg of downforce at 160 km/h - 19.3 kg: front and 21.9 kg: rear) and light weight, the latter made possible through innovative engineering and clever design.
Uniquely tailored features of the Lotus Exige “Espionage”:

· Bespoke navy paint with strategically placed pin stripes to match the fabric used on the Gieves spy suit

· Pin stripe flashes on the side and underneath the scoop

· V-section on the alloy wheels shaved back to silver

· The seat inserts are tailored from the Gieves classic navy blue pin stripe along with matching dashboard and black leather door inserts

· In keeping with the lining of the suit the rear of the seats are lined with silk

· In keeping with the classic brogue shoes fitting of an English secret agent, bespoke black leather floor mats have been developed with brogue detailing and screwed in to the floor panel with silver studs

· All air-vents also have a silver surround
About Gieves & Hawkes:

All over the world, Savile Row stands for the very best in men's tailoring and so it is fitting that Gieves & Hawkes should be 'No 1 Savile Row': a remarkable address.
The company was formed from two famous businesses: Gieves, founded in 1785 and Hawkes, founded in 1771. Since then, the company have welcomed a passing parade of famous customers whose names would fill a book. The magnificent full dress occasions of British State Ceremonial have been embellished and enriched by their craftsmen's skills, and overseas monarchs and leaders have looked upon them to meet their own exacting requirements. Today Gieves & Hawkes, as the purveyor of
quintessential English style, dress individuals who are interested in the rules and references of tradition but who desire to present these in a visually exciting and contemporary way: in their own way. Confident in what they wear, they appreciate luxury and are most interested, ultimately, in style. They have a sense of occasion and dress accordingly. Gieves & Hawkes present these men
with modern classics - simultaneously modern and classic - across their wardrobe, from formal evening wear to suiting and through to casual wear.
In addition to the flagship store on Savile Row, there are a further thirteen stores and concessions in the United Kingdom. Gieves & Hawkes also have numerous fine stores and concessions in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and from September 2005, Japan.

denisvn93
12-26-2005, 09:53 AM
A website that I forgot said that this is Bond's next car

IWantAnAudiRS6
12-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Seen the wing mirrors? Looks like,

"Not Saville Row London". :p

johnnyperl
12-26-2005, 04:05 PM
A website that I forgot said that this is Bond's next car
itd be nice, but not gonna happen considering two astons have come out since the last movie and Lotus doesnt have the money to put that car in the movie.

I think more people know the bond aston than his Esprit.

ExoticCarSite
12-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Exige Espionage #2

SupraMan22
12-27-2005, 02:02 AM
I'm allready in love with the car. :) Beautiful piece of machinary if you ask me. There is something about all of the new Lotus cars thats awesome. :rolleyes:

Coventrysucks
12-27-2005, 03:14 AM
I doubt that even the James Bond franchise would stoop so low as to make the fool drive about in a pin-striped Exige with his tailor's address on the wingmirrors.

Vaigra
02-10-2006, 10:28 AM
The Fastest Accelerating Lotus Ever to Come Off the Production Line

The Lotus Exige S is the latest addition to the Exige range and is a real sportscar that redefines the term “Extreme Performance”. With 121.4 bhp per liter it is one of most powerful production cars in the world for its engine size but most importantly it has full type approval for all the markets in which it will be sold. The Lotus Exige S is not a limited edition, nor is it an aftermarket special – it is manufactured from start to finish in the world leading and award winning Lotus Manufacturing facility at Hethel, Norfolk.

Because the basic car is so immensely strong but lightweight 2057 lbs, giving a power to weight ratio of 233.2 bhp/tonne, performance is phenomenal, with 60 mph being reached from a standing start in 4.1 seconds and 100 mph being reached in 9.98 seconds (estimate) before topping out at 148 mph. Lotus believes that there is no car on sale anywhere in the world that has such good performance combined with such good fuel economy.

Being a Lotus, straight-line performance is not the most important factor, but every day driving on normal roads, or around a circuit is. There are very few cars on sale today that can match the speed, agility and safety of the Lotus Exige S in both day to day and track or circuit driving. However the Exige S is not just a track day warrior. It is a sportscar that would be at home on the back roads, freeways and autobahns, as well as on city streets. With an extremely "torquey" engine and the classic Lotus suspension set-up of soft compliant springs and firm controllable dampers, the driving experience is an uncanny combination of telepathic-like handling with a taught and comfortable ride. There is really no car that handles quite like a Lotus.

Clive Dopson, Managing Director of Lotus Cars says, “The Exige S represents the ultimate “extreme” production Lotus, with performance that trumps other supercars costing twice or even three times as much. That it does so with the fuel economy of a family hatchback, stands as a testament to the Lotus concept of performance through light weight. Its an unbeatable package and an unbeatable drive.”

The Engine

The heart of the Lotus Exige S is a Roots-type supercharger and air to air intercooler attached to the tried and tested 4-cylinder, 1.8 liter 2ZZ-GE VVTL-i engine. Using a development of the supercharger and intercooler package developed first for the already legendary Lotus Sport Exige 240R, the Exige S has peak power of 218 bhp at 7,800 rpm, 158.6 lb-ft of torque at 5,500 rpm (but 80% is produced at just over 2000 rpm). Maximum engine speed is 8,000 rpm (8,500 rpm transient for up to 2 seconds). 218 bhp is the figure that has been achieved by Lotus Engineers whilst retaining full vehicle type approval for the markets in which it is sold.

A slightly redesigned air intake and roof scoop has been added to the Exige S to ensure that the air to air intercooler works as efficiently and effectively as possible in all climates and environments.

A single oval exhaust exits from the centre of the undertray.

The Legendary Chassis and Body

The Lotus Exige S is built around the revolutionary and award winning extruded and bonded aluminum tub, with a light weight steel rear subframe, as used in the Exige. The chassis tub itself weighs just 150 lbs and has a stiffness of 10,500 Nm per degree.

The body of the Lotus Exige S remains unchanged from the Exige, as it is already a winning formula that is both effective and stunning to look at. However, the key body components of the rear wing, front splitter and side air intakes are body colour coded to differentiate it from its naturally aspirated cousin.

There are currently no plans to launch the Lotus Exige S in the US market.

Rijoh
02-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Nice car,

BUT I WANT A NEW GT1 NOW!!!

VtecMini
02-10-2006, 10:50 AM
As much as I'm sure it's an amazing car and a wonderful thing to drive, I still don't like this weight issue that appears to be getting worse. I make that to be around 933kg, which is too heavy for an Elise/Exige if you ask me.

Still lighter than some of the competition, doubt, bit I'd just prefer to see them putting more effort into making the thing lighter and faster, not HEAVIER and faster.

ExoticCarSite
02-10-2006, 10:55 AM
so whats this? the 6th? Exige model based off the S2 in special limited edition trim.......

Its getting annoying.....

jorismo
02-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Love it... But it's Exige based special car number (dont even botter to mention it)

hec16
02-10-2006, 11:02 AM
I love the exige its more sportier than the elise
________
BUY E CIGS (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

lightweight
02-10-2006, 01:11 PM
As much as I'm sure it's an amazing car and a wonderful thing to drive, I still don't like this weight issue that appears to be getting worse. I make that to be around 933kg, which is too heavy for an Elise/Exige if you ask me.

Still lighter than some of the competition, doubt, bit I'd just prefer to see them putting more effort into making the thing lighter and faster, not HEAVIER and faster.

Couldn't agree more!!!

However, gaining performance from making the Elise lighter is much more expensive than slotting a supercharger.

I know that this doesn't affiliate with the Lotus core brand values, but this strategy actually makes the company more profitable.

It's a question of priorities I guess....
Either you choose the no compromise approach or adapt to the environment.

Personally I would prefer a 500 kg - 190 hp Elise, but the cost of the thing would just make it a sales failure.

derekthetree
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
what about the exige 240. surely that out-accelerates this one?

johnnyperl
02-10-2006, 03:18 PM
what about the exige 240. surely that out-accelerates this one?
That was a limited edition, only 50 were made. This is a full production model made by the factory, not Lotus Sport.

And, yes. The 240R is quicker.

Coventrysucks
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Well, the 240R was Limited edition, but you can still buy the same car, albiet with different stickers.

It's now the Exige Cup 240:
"The Exige Cup 240* benefits from the addition of a supercharged and intercooled high revving engine which generates a phenomenal 243 hp (181 kW, 247 PS) and 174 lbft (236 Nm, 24.1 kgm) powering the car from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in less than 4.5 seconds."

Sauc3
02-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Lotus Exige S2 #14

vegaswriter
03-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I drove the Elise for an entire day it is plenty quick. It takes a bit of time to get near its top speed but other than that it is more than enough for anyone who wants a fun second car. The Exige, being a used more hardcore on the track though, would be much better with "240R" package. See my Elise video I did during my test drive, its short. http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXhJ9UrMF_E

magracer
03-31-2006, 11:08 PM
I... I think they need to make a really high powered one, with 400bhp.

Google "forcefed, elise" to see the result of request.

Or watch the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1041298695425454906&q=lotus+elise

Also, check Car and Driver Nov 2005 where a 320hp supercharged hondata elise beats that 400hp forcefed turbocharged elise even though the Forced elise outaccelerated and outbraked the Hondata elise. BTW, the video is of the C/D competition.

Timothy (in VA)
03-31-2006, 11:18 PM
One more pic...

kdx200e
04-25-2006, 01:09 PM
hondas and bmws suck---exige and somewhat the elise are the best if you dont have the mclaren f1 around , so screw all yall suckers

Vaigra
04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
How long till you get banned I wonder.

KonaGreen
04-25-2006, 07:45 PM
hondas and bmws suck---exige and somewhat the elise are the best if you dont have the mclaren f1 around , so screw all yall suckers

Another one? It's like a frackin plague in here.

Lani Kai
04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Come back when you at least reach age 10, okay?

6speed
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but at 51,000 US, this car is easily the best buy for the money. I got the chance to take on for a drive a week or so ago, and I have to be honest, it is truly a great supercar. It's suspension is incredibly solid, producing no body roll, and I wouldn't be surprised if it could give a 360 Spyder a run for it's money.

Wait cross that.

It would kill it.

lol. What a great car. Start saving guys.

Dino Scuderia
06-21-2006, 05:40 AM
It isn't a supercar, it's a very good track car though.

lfb666
09-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Lotus Exige S2 #15

go.pawel
11-30-2006, 02:47 AM
from Lotus Press Release
Lotus Cars USA, the subsidiary of Lotus Cars in North America, today unveiled the MY2007 Lotus Sport Exige Cup. Unveiled at the Los Angeles International Auto Show, the 252 hp, supercharged and intercooled sportscar is a completely out-of-the-box track car with a specification designed to prepare the budding driver for the grid at some of the finest and most challenging circuits in North America.
Weight has been kept to an ultra low 1800 pounds and the phenomenal power to weight ratio has been further enhanced by increasing the power output from 243 hp to 252 hp. Weight saving (or adding lightness!) has been achieved through the effective use of lightweight materials and through the eradication of all non-essential components such roof trim, carpets, front mudflaps, central locking and bulkhead trim. Of course just having fantastic power to weight doesn't make a car a high performer on the track, so the Lotus Sport Exige Cup has a list of standard equipment that includes track only slick tires, uprated 4-piston front brakes, adjustable dampers and adjustable anti-sway bar, the latest SCCA-compliant roll cage, FIA approved Lotus Sport branded driver's seat with six-point driver harness (there is no passenger seat) and a lightweight rear screen (instead of glass). The options are even more race focused with a FIA approved 70 litre fuel cell, air-jack system and level two stainless steel exhaust with de-cat pipe, a plate type limited slip differential and Star Shield.
The Lotus Sport Exige Cup is one of the quickest cars around a circuit. Key to this incredible performance is the aerodynamic package, which produces over 90 pounds of downforce at 100 mph increasing grip and ultimately safety at higher speeds.
With a top speed of close to 160 mph and a zero to 100 mph slingshot in just less than 9.8 seconds (the 60 mph sprint takes just under 3.9 seconds), the MY2007 Lotus Sport Exige Cup is the perfect partner to a serious track day enthusiast. Even the most exotic supercars would struggle to keep up! At a MSRP of just $84,990, plus options, delivery and taxes, customer will have to queue on a first ordered, first delivered basis.
Further details about the Lotus Sport Exige Cup:
Engine
The supercharged and intercooled engine in the Lotus Sport Exige Cup has a maximum power output of 252 hp at 8000 rpm and a torque figure of approximately 179 lb-ft, at 7000 rpm. This vast amount of extra power and torque now available means that the cam change between the low-speed cam and the high-speed cam is variable to ensure that there is a smooth and linear surge of power from low engine speeds all the way to the maximum 8000 rpm. The Roots-type Eaton M62 supercharger (with a sealed-for-life internal mechanism meaning that it does not require the use of the engine,s oil) is run from the crankshaft and has an integral bypass valve for part load operation. Charge air (air under pressure from the supercharger) is cooled through an air-to-air intercooler (the cooling air enters via the roof scoop) before being fed into the engine itself. All charge air ducting has been kept as short as possible with large diameter pipes making sure that the bends in these ducts are not too tight, to the benefit of throttle response and efficiency. Four high capacity injectors add additional fuel under hard acceleration or high speed driving.
A sports-type clutch plate and heavy duty clutch cover transfers the engine power and torque to the lightweight C64 six-speed gearbox (with an aluminum casing) with the same perfectly spaced ratios as the Exige S. A plate type limited slip differential is fitted as an option as is the Lotus switchable traction control system (LTCS). The LTCS system works through the engine, reducing power to maintain traction, is active above 5 mph and operates much more quickly than many brake-based systems.
An Accusump (engine oil accumulator unit) is included in the whole package as an oil reservoir backup for extreme track use ensuring that, under these conditions, the engine oil pressure remains constant.
Twin oil coolers complete the powertrain package.
Wheels and Tires
5-spoke lightweight forged alloy wheels in silver are shod with Lotus specific Yokohama slick tires to maximise grip and achieve the ride and handling targets set by Lotus.
Brakes
The brake system includes large diameter 308 mm 2-piece aluminum belled cross drilled and
ventilated front discs and 282 mm cross-drilled and ventilated discs at the rear, upgraded Pagid RS14 sports brake pads set into the brake calipers (AP Racing two piece radially mounted, 4 piston at the front and Brembo sliding at the rear), high grade silicone brake fluid, stainless steel braided brake hoses all linked to the proven Lotus track tuned servo-assisted four-channel ABS system that enhances braking performance and minimising stopping distance without taking over from the skill of the driver.
Suspension
Suspension is provided by Öhlins springs and two-way adjustable dampers (which have 22 compression and 60 rebound settings and ride height adjustable perches to reduce the ride height from 130 mm to 120 mm) and an adjustable front anti-sway bar (five settings). Full instructions and recommended settings are provided to allow customers to tailor the handling characteristics of the car to their own requirements.
As the Lotus Sport Exige Cup cars are modified for track use, a double shear track control arm brace is provided to cope with the expected kerb abuse during racing and hard track day driving.
Safety Equipment
The Lotus Sport Exige Cup cars have the safety equipment that is expected for a track car with 6-point seat belt harness on the driver's side (with an FIA approved Recaro / Lotus Sport seat) there is no passenger seat. The full roll cage is SCCA compliant and completing the additional safety equipment is a mechanical ignition kill switch with cockpit and external activation and a plumbed electrical fire suppression system, again with cockpit and external activation.
Exhaust System
A Level One stainless steel sports exhaust is fitted with the bifurcated exhaust pipes exiting from the centre of the anodized-finished 3-piece rear diffuser. A Level Two stainless steel exhaust with de-cat pipe is a no cost option.

lightweight
11-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Is the weight dry or kerb weight?

I suppose that its dry.

Anyway, 815 kg is pretty low, even if it's dry!

Man of Steel
11-30-2006, 06:16 AM
How many types of Elises is Lotus actually releasing? There must be dozens of them by now :) While the Elise looks good and, without a doubt, is much fun to drive, I really LOVE the Esprit though. Shame they stopped building that...

dydzi
11-30-2006, 06:30 AM
How many types of Elises is Lotus actually releasing? There must be dozens of them by now :) While the Elise looks good and, without a doubt, is much fun to drive, I really LOVE the Esprit though. Shame they stopped building that...

it is actually exige not elise and it's 9th exige (excluding elises)

lightweight
11-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Shame they stopped building that...

In a couple of years the Esprit replacement will be released;)

Coventrysucks
11-30-2006, 09:00 AM
In a couple of years the Esprit replacement will be released;)

You reckon?

I hear they are having difficulty sourcing enough Unobtanium for the extruded chassis...

Still, stay tuned for Autocar's yearly "New Esprit Unveiled!" issue.

ScionDriver
11-30-2006, 10:24 AM
I dig it. I want it. I want to be a racer.

Ferrer
11-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Is the weight dry or kerb weight?

I suppose that its dry.

Anyway, 815 kg is pretty low, even if it's dry!
For such a car 815kg isn't that impressive...

Jack_Bauer
11-30-2006, 11:19 AM
...especially as they claim to have removed all "non-essential" items, yet from the looks of the pics have left in the air-con unit which must weigh at least 15kg. :rolleyes:

11-30-2006, 02:13 PM
...especially as they claim to have removed all "non-essential" items, yet from the looks of the pics have left in the air-con unit which must weigh at least 15kg. :rolleyes:
It's a Lotus ... aircon is essentially just a hole in the dash which just happens to be near a duct in the front clam. Aircon weight of about 20g, consisting of the little round facia ducts :)

VtecMini
11-30-2006, 03:05 PM
For such a car 815kg isn't that impressive...This is for america, remember. Over there they suspect that any car that weighs less than 1200kg is quite likely to blow away if left out in in the open...

Ferrer
11-30-2006, 03:17 PM
This is for america, remember. Over there they suspect that any car that weighs less than 1200kg is quite likely to blow away if left out in in the open...
I know people here that also think that a heavier car is "better"... :o

How wrong they are...

Jack_Bauer
11-30-2006, 03:24 PM
It's a Lotus ... aircon is essentially just a hole in the dash which just happens to be near a duct in the front clam. Aircon weight of about 20g, consisting of the little round facia ducts :)
Check pic #5. The black box between the steering column and the ignition cut-off is Lotus' own bespoke aircon system, originally developed for the S2 111s and now an option for the Elise and Exige range. It weighs approx 15kg.

Not sure if it's standard fit on this particular model or if it's an option, but it doesn't exactly send out the right message including it in the press shots.

NSXType-R
11-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow. It looks great. I really don't mind them making so many versions of the Exige. It may be overkill, but it also makes it easier for us regular folk to get it. :D

11-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Check pic #5. The black box between the steering column and the ignition cut-off is Lotus' own bespoke aircon system, originally developed for the S2 111s and now an option for the Elise and Exige range. It weighs approx 15kg.

Not sure if it's standard fit on this particular model or if it's an option, but it doesn't exactly send out the right message including it in the press shots.
Guess what ... I was joking ...:rolleyes:

carsnut
11-30-2006, 08:45 PM
it looks fast

Gt1Street
06-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Lotus Engineering, the world renowned automotive consultancy division of Lotus, unveils its latest development towards carbon neutral road transport at the 78th Geneva International Motor Show. The Lotus Exige 270E Tri-fuel is the most powerful road version yet of the Exige (0-60 mph / 96 kph in 3.88 seconds, a top speed of 158 mph (255 km/h), 270 hp (201 kW / 273 PS at 8000 rpm) and it runs on any mixture of gasoline, bioethanol and methanol. Emerging technologies will allow alcohol fuels such as methanol, already a proven internal combustion fuel, to be made synthetically from CO2 extracted from the atmosphere.

The Exige 270E Tri-fuel is part of Lotus’ research to understand the complex combustion process involved in running on mixtures of alcohol fuels and gasoline, which will be important for a successful transition from today’s fuels to the sustainable, synthetic fuels of the future.

This research is just one aspect of Lotus Engineering’s ground-breaking work on environmentally-friendly vehicles. It is involved with a number of electric vehicle projects, has successfully integrated hybrid technologies into vehicles such as its EVE demonstrator, and recently announced results on a collaboration with Continental Division Powertrain on the Low CO2 downsized three-cylinder engine. The research into sustainable alcohols is progressing at Lotus’ Hethel headquarters in Norfolk, UK and involves input from the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Alternative Fuel Symposium Series, the Low Carbon Vehicles Innovation Platform, developed by the Technology Strategy Board and direct discussions with the University of Sheffield.

Methanol (CH3OH) can be produced synthetically from CO2 and hydrogen. Ultimately, emerging processes to recover atmospheric CO2 will provide the required carbon that can entirely balance the CO2 emissions at the tailpipe that result from the internal combustion of synthetic methanol. The result is that a car running on synthetic methanol, such as the Exige 270E Tri-fuel would be environmentally neutral.

Lotus Engineering’s Lotus Exige 270E Tri-fuel technology demonstrator illustrates how easy it is for synthetic methanol to be embraced over time as a future fuel for road transport. The Exige 270E Tri-fuel, with its supercharged 2ZZ-GE VVTL-i engine, could be the forefather of a new generation of conventionally driven cars that have the potential to be environmentally-neutral.

Synthetic methanol – a green fuel?
Synthetic methanol’s green credentials arise from its potential to be completely CO2 neutral. The most likely future mass-production of the fuel is by using electrochemical techniques to combine oxygen, hydrogen and carbon:
· Carbon could be sourced from carbon dioxide recovered from the atmosphere using either large scale extraction facilities or biomass.
· Oxygen would be taken from the atmosphere already contained in the CO2 molecule.
· Hydrogen would be acquired through the electrolysis of water; challenges remain in the electrical power required; in a green future, this could be supplied from renewable sources, an issue already being addressed by supporters of hydrogen as a fuel.
· Synthetic methanol can also be supplemented by production from biomass sources where properly sustainable.
· Methanol can be produced easily from a wide variety of feedstocks.

Synthetic methanol – How to make it?
Techniques for the production of synthetic methanol through the extraction of atmospheric CO2 are well developed and understood but are not being employed on an industrial scale. An early solution would be the co-location of a nuclear or hydroelectric powerplant with a conventional power station – the hydrogen generated by hydrolysis of water would be combined with CO2 from either fossil or biomass sources to make liquid methanol. In the future, large volumes of CO2 could be extracted directly from the atmosphere.

Synthetic methanol – easy to adopt?
As well as being green, another crucial advantage of synthetic methanol is that it can be introduced relatively simply. As the Exige 270E Tri-fuel demonstrates, only small changes to engines are required, such as:
· Sensors to detect alcohol content
· Modified software for engine management control driving alcohol/gasoline, flex fuel and fuel systems operations.
· Fuel lines compatible with alcohol fuels
· Higher flow rate fuel pump and injectors
· Fuel tank material, compatible with alcohol
In addition, as a liquid, which is miscible with gasoline, synthetic methanol can be transported; stored and sold to motorists exactly as today’s liquid fuels are, with only minor modifications.

Synthetic methanol – a performance fuel?
Synthetic methanol is better suited to spark-ignition combustion than today’s liquid fuels, delivering better performance and thermal efficiencies, due to its higher octane rating giving it better resistance to ‘knock’. As a result, it is a fuel that will benefit the motorists in terms of driving experience. For example, the Exige 270E Tri-fuel is quicker to 60mph from standstill and has a higher top speed when using 100% synthetic methanol fuel than with conventional gasoline. Synthetic methanol is also ideally suited to pressure-charging, a trend already well underway as car makers look to downsize engines to reduce fuel consumption.

Synthetic methanol - the way forward
Lotus Engineering regards sustainable alcohols as the third step in a process towards carbon neutral driving. The current E85 (85% ethanol and 15% gasoline) based movement represents the first stage in building momentum towards sustainable fuels. The valuable learning from the current bioethanol vehicles on the market means that synthetic methanol would easily be managed technically and within the existing transport, storage and distribution infrastructure. The steps towards a synthetic methanol economy for transportation fuels could be as follows:

1st Generation: there is a handful of current bioethanol models on sale around the world. These cars run on E85 bioethanol, which is produced from valuable arable crops (food). This is unsustainable in the short and medium term as global demand for fuel will outstrip the supply available from farmland to the detriment of food production, but is a necessary step in the evolution of the market.
2nd Generation: the next generation bioethanol fuels will be based on biomass waste, for example crop stubble, waste vegetable-based oils and any biodegradable waste matter. This is thought also to be unsustainable in the medium to long term as the required volume of biomass increases beyond that which can be supplied.
3rd Generation: sustainable alcohols such as synthetic methanol can be introduced due to its miscibility with ethanol and gasoline. This fuel can be produced from entirely sustainable, readily available inputs, with an environmentally neutral overall impact.
4th Generation: Direct Methanol Fuel Cells: over the longer term, sustainable alcohols in internal combustion will facilitate the soft introduction of direct methanol fuel cells as a long term sustainable future fuel. This will only be possible with pure methanol pumps on the forecourt which internal combustion engines can bring forward due to their ability to consume a mixture of fuels.

The Lotus Exige 270E Tri-fuel
The Lotus philosophy is all about performance through light weight. The Exige 270E Tri-fuel is built to the lightest specification possible without resorting to expensive and rare materials. The performance improvements of using synthetic alcohol have been made through increasing the power of the engine without increasing its weight and therefore the overall weight of the car.

The Engine
The heart of the Exige 270E Tri-fuel is a Roots-type supercharger (with a sealed-for-life internal mechanism meaning that it does not require the use of the engine’s oil) and air to air intercooler attached to the tried and tested 4-cylinder, 1.8 litre 2ZZ-GE VVTL-i engine. Using a development of the supercharger and intercooler package from the Exige S, the Exige 270E Tri-fuel has peak power of 270 hp (201 kW / 273 PS) at 8000 rpm, 184 lbft (260 Nm) of torque at 5500 rpm, up by 51 hp (38 kW, 52 PS) or 19% and 25 lbft 45 Nm or 14% over the standard gasoline Exige S. Maximum engine speed is 8000 rpm (8500 rpm transient for up to 2 seconds).

The low carbon number alcohol fuels methanol and ethanol give more power when burned in the engine than conventional gasoline (petrol) fuel. The performance benefits come largely from the high heats of vaporization of methanol and ethanol, which give strong charge-cooling effects, and the increased octane ratings. There are other secondary thermodynamic effects. Methanol's higher heat of vaporization leads to a slightly higher performance relative to ethanol. All charge air ducting has been kept as short as possible with large diameter pipes making sure that the bends in these ducts are not too tight, to the benefit of throttle response and efficiency. The Roots-type Eaton M62 supercharger is turned by the crankshaft, and has an integral bypass valve for part load operation.

The 2ZZ VVTL-i engine has two cam profiles – a high speed cam and a low speed cam. The seamless switch point between these two cams is completely variable depending upon driving conditions and engine load. This gives the Lotus Exige 270E Tri-fuel a smooth and linear surge of power from idle speeds all the way to the maximum 8500rpm. An electronic drive-by-wire throttle ensures the quickest engine response possible whilst keeping the emissions as clean and as low as possible, to meet relevant legislative demands. Six fuel injectors have been fitted to increase fuel flow to the engine at normal and higher engine speeds and loads.

Ecnelis
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Lotus Exige Scura

Lotus Cars unveils its latest special edition - the Exige Scura, so called due to its dramatic matt black and carbon fibre theme, at the Tokyo International Motorshow on 21st of October 2009.

Translated as ‘dark’ from Italian, the name ‘Scura’ reflects the stealth character of this already fierce looking Lotus and its stunning soft-feel matt black paint finish. Limited to just 35 cars globally, this Exige evokes a desire to ‘indulge your dark side’. This is a serious looking car and enhancements to performance and a reduction in weight from the production level Exige S means that the Exige Scura demands to be driven by a serious driver.

Contrasting high gloss ‘Phantom Black’ triple stripes run the length of the car and a carbon fibre front splitter, oil cooler inlet vanes, side airscoops and rear spoiler enhance the stunning distinction between the different textures and exaggerate the tactile quality of the velvety touch to the matt black paint finish.

Luke Bennett, Director of Lotus Cars said, “The Exige Scura is a stunning vehicle which offers an adrenaline fuelled experience and is a real head-turner! Our Exige customers choose Lotus because we deliver thrilling performance and dynamic design and this special edition fits the bill on both counts.”

Continuing the dark ‘Scura’ appearance into the interior, carbon fibre is used extensively to compliment the exterior theme and reduce weight. The seats and centre console are crafted from carbon fibre and the handbrake and gear knob have a special anodized treatment which leaves the metal with an anthracite colour finish. All carbon fibre components have been beautifully finished in high-gloss clear lacquer allowing the weave to remain exposed which gives the cabin a raw and racy ambiance.

Whilst there is no doubt that this is a visually stunning car, the Exige Scura is not just about its looks – it begs to be taken on track, and its racing character encompasses poise, power and technology to make it a serious contender. Equipped with the most powerful engine in the Exige range and generating 260PS, the Exige Scura achieves a top speed of around 245 km/h and reaches 0-100 kmh in just 4.1 seconds.

Other equipment fitted as standard to boost the Exige Scura’s track credentials include:

Launch control to ensure optimum performance from a standing start
Variable slip traction control, enabling the driver to tune the car to track surface conditions and their own driving style
Ohlins 2-way adjustable dampers for personalised ride and handling characteristics

Roger Becker, Vehicle Engineering Director, highlighted the performance of the Exige Scura, “There are very few cars in the world that turn in the performance of the Exige Scura without the penalty of very high fuel consumption and emissions. As with all Lotus sportscars we offer the best of both worlds – a zero to 100 km/h time of just over 4 seconds and a CO2 figure of 199 g/km; all this is down to light weight and a strict adherence to Lotus’ core brand values.”

Considering the performance on offer, the Exige Scura boasts impressive all round fuel economy with an Official European Combined Cycle figure of 8.5 litres/100 km and 6.5 litres/100 km on the Official European Extra Urban Cycle and emissions of 199 g/km of CO2.

Orders for the ‘Lotus Exige Scura’ will be accepted from 21 October 2009 in Europe, South Korea, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, Indonesia and Malaysia. This special edition will be available on the same basis in Japan known as the ‘Lotus Exige Stealth’.

Ecnelis
10-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Lotus Exige Scura #2

The Exige Scura in more detail

0-100 kmh in 4.1 seconds and 199 g/km CO2
Lotus Launch Control and Lotus Traction Control as standard
The Lotus Exige Scura uses the 1.8 litre supercharged and intercooled 260 PS engine from the range topping Exige Cup 260, including the lightweight flywheel and lightweight supercharger pipework. Coupled with Ohlins 2 way adjustable dampers and Eibach Springs with variable height spring platforms, unique matt black lightweight forged wheels and super sticky Yokohama A048 LTS tyres, ride and handling is as expected for a Lotus!

Lightweight carbon fibre components, including sports seats, interior centre console, front splitter, oil cooler inlet vanes, side airscoops and rear spoiler help to keep the weight to 10kg less than the Lotus Exige S (at just 925 kg).
Lotus Launch Control and Lotus Traction Control – additions recommended for track driving Lotus Launch Control and Lotus Traction Control were originally developed for the Lotus Exige GT3 racing programme.

The launch control allows the driver to determine the number of revs they wish to use during a standing start. Having programmed that limit, the driver then holds the throttle pedal down fully and sidesteps the clutch pedal for a very quick departure from the line. The clutch damper cushions the severity of the clutch to transmission engagement to minimise the stresses to the drivetrain. The launch control allows wheel-spin until 10 km/h (6 mph) to further reduce drivetrain stress, after which the traction control assumes its duties at the defined level set by the driver.

As with launch control, the amount of traction control required can be dialled in from the driver’s seat and altered on the move to suit the characteristics of particular corners. The amount of traction control can be varied in over 30 increments from an optimum 7 percent tyre slip to completely inactive. The message display in the new instrument pack displays what degree of traction control is being currently utilised.

Suspension

To suit individual driving styles and road conditions, drivers will now be able to tune the Exige suspension with the Ohlins two-way adjustable dampers (which have 60 compression and 22 rebound settings) and ride height adjustment to reduce the ride height from 130 mm to 120 mm.

Performance, Economy and Emissions

The Lotus Exige Scura is capable of incredible track performance which and at the heart of its success is the aerodynamic package, which produces 42 kg of downforce at 160 km/h (100 mph) increasing grip and stability at higher speeds. This downforce, coupled with a top speed of around 245 km/h (152 mph) and a zero to 160 km/h (100 mph) in circa 9.9 seconds, 0 to 100 km/h in circa 4.1 seconds (0 to 60 mph in around 4 seconds), means that the Exige Scura is not only stunning to look at but a phenomenal performer too. Combined cycle fuel consumption is 8.5 l/100km and the CO2 emissions of 199 g/km.

Engine

The supercharged and intercooled engine in the Exige Scura has a maximum power output of 260 PS (257 hp) at 8000 rpm and a torque figure of 236 Nm (174 lbft) at 6000 rpm. This significant amount of extra power and torque over the production level Exige S together with the VVTL-i variable cam system ensures that there is a smooth and linear delivery of power from low engine speeds all the way to the maximum 8000 rpm (8500 rpm transient for 2 seconds). The supercharger (with a sealed-for-life internal mechanism meaning that it does not require the use of the engine’s oil) is run from the crankshaft and has an integral bypass valve for part load operation. Charge air (air under pressure from the supercharger) is cooled through an air-to-air intercooler (the air enters via the enhanced roof scoop) before being fed into the engine itself. All charge air ducting has been kept as short as possible with large diameter pipes to minimise restriction and maximise throttle response and efficiency. Four high capacity injectors and an uprated fuel pump add additional fuel under hard acceleration or continuous high speed driving – only on the track, of course!

A lightweight flywheel is fitted (giving even greater flexibility and response to the gear change), a sports-type clutch plate and heavy duty clutch cover transfer the engine power and torque to the lightweight C64 six-speed gearbox (with an aluminium casing) – with the same perfectly spaced ratios as the Exige S. An Accusump (engine oil accumulator unit) is included in the whole package as an oil reservoir back-up for extreme track use ensuring that, under those conditions, the engine oil pressure remains constant.

Recommended retail price (including VAT) is £45,000 (an additional £950 is charged for on the road costs. These include delivery, PDI, first service, number plates, first registration fee, valet, 12 months Road Fund Licence and a full tank of fuel.)

Recommended retail prices of the standard road specification Lotus Exige Scura for the following markets (MSRP) (including transport, delivery, local taxes and first service but excluding registration, license plates and or a full tank of fuel):
Belgium € 61.820,--
France € 61.200,--
Italy € 61.885,--
Switzerland CHF 90.225,--

Recommended retail prices of the standard road specification Lotus Exige Scura for the following markets (MSRP) (including local taxes but excluding transport, registration, license plates and or a full tank of fuel):
Germany € 60.000,--

Recommended retail prices for other Euro Zone Countries (MSRP) (excluding local taxes, transport, registration, license plates and or a full tank of fuel):
Euro Zone € 50.420,--

Paint Warranty

The Lotus Exige Scura is painted in a ‘soft feel’ water borne matt black paint finish that is resistant to most normal forms of atmospheric attack provided the special cleaning and maintenance requirements as specified by Lotus are strictly adhered to. However due to the textured matt finish, fading or discolouration of all or part of the matt paint finish may occur during the early life of the vehicle and this is considered normal and is specifically excluded from any warranty given by Lotus. The special matt paint finish utilised on the Lotus Scura is provided with a limited warranty of the earlier of 12 months or 12,000 miles/20,000 km from the date of first registration of the vehicle. Please consult your Authorised Lotus Dealer for full details.

Official European Combined Cycle = 8.5 litres / 100 km (33.2 mpg)
Official European Extra Urban Cycle = 6.5 litres/100 km (43.5 mpg)
Official European Urban Cycle = 11.9 litre/100 km (23.7 mpg)
CO2 emissions = 199 g/km

Ecnelis
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Lotus Exige Scura #3

Ecnelis
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Lotus Exige Scura #4

Matra et Alpine
10-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Like it :) SHame I can't fit :(

NicFromLA
10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Keep the carbon fiber, lose the matte black. I'd probably take mine in red.

I'm 6', 200 lbs and I was fine inside an Elise, even with my buddy in the passenger seat who's 6'3" 225; once you're in it's really not bad. Now getting in is a whole other story . . .

whiteballz
10-19-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm 6', 200 lbs and I was fine inside an Elise, even with my buddy in the passenger seat who's 6'3" 225; once you're in it's really not bad. Now getting in is a whole other story . . .

I've found getting OUT is more of an issue for men of our stature -6'3" 125Kg (275? pounds)

On the subject of the car - the lotus is perhaps one of the few I find myself liking better in normal shades, not matte...

pimento
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Dear Santa. I've been a good boy this year, so... :D

Ferrer
10-19-2009, 04:50 PM

I've found getting OUT is more of an issue for men of our stature -6'3" 125Kg (275? pounds)

On the subject of the car - the lotus is perhaps one of the few I find myself liking better in normal shades, not matte...
Finally there's an advantage to being small...

Cyco
10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm the same hight as 'ballz, albeit 12kgs lighter.

I have no problems fitting, and as I have mastered the skill of standing upright (on most occasions) I also have no problems getting out.

clutch-monkey
10-20-2009, 01:38 AM
yeah i have no problems walking in and out of this car, dunno what the rest of you are talking about.

whiteballz
10-20-2009, 02:02 AM
shutup, your a girl.. A schoolgirl at that.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Praying mantis style, I reckon I could fold into this.

mav747
11-22-2020, 06:07 AM
wow, great. Thanks for sharing!