PDA

View Full Version : Spell chcking submissions

Matra et Alpine
02-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Any chance of adding a spell check option before submitting a reply ?

I'm going through a bad spell and my typing is deteriorating.
I would find a spell-checker very helpful.

Anyone else ?

What about it ??

NoOne
02-29-2004, 11:29 AM
An excellent idea, it would even serve to filter out the text message posts of some members. ;)

baddabang
02-29-2004, 11:43 AM
greate ider i cud relly use spel cheker in dis forum :D

Niko_Fx
02-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Great idea! I commit many mistakes due to the fact that I'm not from an English speaking country.

henk4
02-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Any chance of adding a spell check option before submitting a reply ?

Anyone else ?

What about it ??

Am I to assume that you deliberately misspelled the title of this thread? :D

Batmobile_Turbo
02-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Great idea! I commit many mistakes due to the fact that I'm not from an English speaking country.
i have a lot of spelling mistakes because i'm an idiot :D
anyway, i think that this is a pretty good idea, but not only grammer, i think there should be some kind of spell check for car names that are hard to spell like, umm koenigsgegg i still don't know how to spell that.

carlover
02-29-2004, 04:59 PM
i think there should be some kind of spell check for car names that are hard to spell like, umm koenigsgegg i still don't know how to spell that.

Just take out that extra G.(koiensgegg)

Egg Nog
02-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Just take out that extra G.(koiensgegg)

I love it how you just mis-spelled it again. ;) I'm not sure if that was a typo or not, but anyway, it's Koenigsegg :D

Batmobile_Turbo
02-29-2004, 06:42 PM
I love it how you just mis-spelled it again. ;) I'm not sure if that was a typo or not, but anyway, it's Koenigsegg :D
not a typo, i always misspell it.
is it pronounced: kow-eh-nig-segg?

Matra et Alpine
02-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Am I to assume that you deliberately misspelled the title of this thread? :D
Damn, never spotted that.
SEE, I need one and need it soon :)

carlover
03-01-2004, 06:26 AM

Yes that was a typo.

Egg Nog
03-01-2004, 07:31 PM
not a typo, i always misspell it.
is it pronounced: kow-eh-nig-segg?

Kon-ig-zeg

Batmobile_Turbo
03-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Kon-ig-zeg
that is the coolest sounding name ever, i've known the name for a long time but now i can finnaly pronounce it.

Matra et Alpine
03-05-2005, 03:29 PM
OK, in light of nothing from UCP to help us spell, I've been playing with a few tools and toys.

AND I have to say I've found a nice little free one and it doesn't' look as if it is dropping any nasty things into my computer :)

http://www.iespell.com/index.htm

Puts a nice little icon in the toolbar and spell checks all the entry fields - including this message field in Quick Reply :) THIS could be the end to all those unreadable posts from moi :) hurrah !!!!!

BUT make sure you keep a virus scanner on your system just in case they change their mind about ad/spyware :(

Matt
03-05-2005, 03:34 PM
As Matra gets older he's going to ask for an audio version of the forums and then finally for a braille version... :)

Matra et Alpine
03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
braille -- hmmmmm, the way I like to get to know my women :) beats conversation every time :)

Already go the audio option , it came with the VR software.
Sexy womens voice, they just SUCK at knowing what is relevant on a web page. I can quickly glance over and ignore the most of some posts, if the computer were to force me to listen to the drivel I'd go mad, mad I say ha-ha-ha-ha-ha- :) :cackle:

Esperante
03-05-2005, 05:50 PM
It shows in the title-I'm hoping it was intentional. :D

baddabang
03-05-2005, 05:51 PM
OK, in light of nothing from UCP to help us spell, I've been playing with a few tools and toys.

AND I have to say I've found a nice little free one and it doesn't' look as if it is dropping any nasty things into my computer :)

http://www.iespell.com/index.htm

Puts a nice little icon in the toolbar and spell checks all the entry fields - including this message field in Quick Reply :) THIS could be the end to all those unreadable posts from moi :) hurrah !!!!!

BUT make sure you keep a virus scanner on your system just in case they change their mind about ad/spyware :(

So this only works for IE? (unless Im missing it) thats too bad it would be great in firefox :(

Matra et Alpine
03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
So this only works for IE? (unless I'm missing it) thats too bad it would be great in firefox :(
It works on Moz, FF, Opera etc, but only accessible as a right click menu option

Matra et Alpine
03-05-2005, 06:25 PM
It shows in the title-I'm hoping it was intentional. :D
See http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37556&postcount=10

henk4
03-06-2005, 01:26 AM
braille -- hmmmmm, the way I like to get to know my women :) beats conversation every time :)

Already go the audio option , it came with the VR software.
Sexy womens voice, they just SUCK at knowing what is relevant on a web page. I can quickly glance over and ignore the most of some posts, if the computer were to force me to listen to the drivel I'd go mad, mad I say ha-ha-ha-ha-ha- :) :cackle:

First message without a typo, now wait for the UCP cackle checker :D

Karrmann
03-06-2005, 05:18 AM
I would like a spell checker because I can catch my typos and idiots like jim and decave won't be thinking "Duh, Karrmann's a twat that can't spell, but I'm not better cause i'm a retard"

Matra et Alpine
03-06-2005, 05:39 AM
I would like a spell checker because I can catch my typos and idiots like jim and decave won't be thinking "Duh, Karrmann's a twat that can't spell, but I'm not better cause i'm a retard"
And you're expecting that to NOT raise a response and some abuse fired in your direction ??

really, Karrmann, you are your own worst enemy at times !!!

AND GUYS, please DON'T do it :)

Blue Supra
03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
lol, and you wonder why you get owned all the time karrmann.:rolleyes:

1 c4n sp311 h34pz g00d m4tr4! 1 d0n7 n33d 4 sp311 ch3k4!:D

SlickHolden
03-06-2005, 08:34 PM
If i need a spell check i simple copy and paste it in incredimail and fix it:D

Karrmann :p :D

carlover
03-07-2005, 03:28 PM
You can always write your replys in word and do a spell check there and copy it to the reply box on UCP if you really need a spell check. Me, if I spell something wrong as long as it's unerdsantable (I bet you could read that!) I'm fine with it. :)

Matra et Alpine
03-07-2005, 05:54 PM
You can always write your replays in word and do a spell check there and copy it to the reply box on UCP if you really need a spell check.
Too much hassle for the short replies. Hence why the original request to have one made available as past of the submit and now no longer with ieSpell :)

Me, if I spell something wrong as long as it's understandable (I bet you could read that!) I'm fine with it. :)
You needed to read some of my submissions :)
It's not my spelling that's the problem it's the signals from brain to finger - they get mixed up on the way. All the right letters are there just in the wrong order :)

drakkie
03-09-2005, 08:29 AM
It's not my spelling that's the problem it's the signals from brain to finger - they get mixed up on the way. All the right letters are there just in the wrong order :)

this is a slightly bigger issue offcourse for the members who don't speak english as their first language.i have to think deeply about the correct translation of some words, every once in a while.I guess that i am not the only one...

Misho
03-09-2005, 08:55 AM
can anyone name a city that has 4 letter Os in its name ?!! :)

CdocZ
03-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Yes. Spell check is a good idea. I type too slow really to not see my mistakes, but I can easily see why it could be useful. Also, would any normal spell check program know how to spell "Koenigsegg"? :D

Matra et Alpine
03-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes. Spell check is a good idea. I type too slow really to not see my mistakes, but I can easily see why it could be useful. Also, would any normal spell check program know how to spell "Koenigsegg"? :D
Not the first time, but as with all windows app spell checkers you can add to your dictionary