PDA

View Full Version : General Photography Competition #32 [RUNOFF]

Sauc3
01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Vote for which of the two finalists you think is best.

The poll is open for 1 day.

RacingManiac
"4 Pillars"
Lakeside park overlooking a coal powerstation
Last Week of Dec
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/459047e.jpg
Sauc3
Unkown Rider
Mt. Buller
29/12/05
Konica Minolta Dynax 7D
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=164891&stc=1&d=1137139267

RacingManiac
01-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Hey an all Minolta final....:D

2ndclasscitizen
01-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey an all Minolta final....:D
http://konicaminolta.com/releases/2006/0119_03_01.html
thats gotta suck for you guys then.

I voted for you RacingManiac, i really like the compostion and lighting in your shot. Sorry Sauc3, i just didn't see anything special in your shot

RacingManiac
01-20-2006, 06:07 AM
yeah I heard about that.....not much you can do though. Just hope that Sony will keep the mount so my lenses eventually can go somewhere on a new camera...

Thanks for the vote guys....that night sure was cold....:D

my porsche
01-20-2006, 04:05 PM
i dont see how racingmaniac's pic won....its dark, crooked, boring, and gloomy :p

actually i dont see how either are here, sauc's is almost identical to last weeks, just not in the air, and (no offense) anyone could have taken it

so i decided not to vote

Rockefella
01-20-2006, 04:07 PM
i dont see how racingmaniac's pic won....its dark, crooked, boring, and gloomy :p

actually i dont see how either are here, sauc's is almost identical to last weeks, just not in the air, and (no offense) anyone could have taken it

so i decided not to vote
I liked RM's, reminds me of good ol' New Jersey. :D

Sauc3
01-22-2006, 02:41 AM
A picture of a completely different person, on a different bike, in a different area, who's not in the air, is almost the same as last week!? Just because they're both mountain biking doesn't mean it's almost the same picture.
Do you vote for sunset pictures? Or landscape shots? Or various other cliche shots that have most certainly been entered before? If so, you'd better stop because they're almost identical to ones that have preceded it...

Also, not just anyone can take a picture like that, out of the 1200 shots I took up there only several came out the way I wanted because of the speed and relative difficulty involved of photographing mountain bikers.

my porsche
01-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Do you vote for sunset pictures? Or landscape shots? Or various other cliche shots that have most certainly been entered before? If so, you'd better stop because they're almost identical to ones that have preceded it...
absolutely not for that exact reason

spi-ti-tout
01-22-2006, 11:24 AM
MP will you just admit the fact that it comes down to personal opinion and let's get this over with? :rolleyes:

Personally I think Sauc3's is amazing.