PDA

View Full Version : Paul Tacey Goes NASCAR

bmwpower
01-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Well this is a disappointment especially to all canadians on this forum, Paul Tracey the former Champ Car World Series campion will be announcing officially in a few days his move to to the Busch Series in NASCAR. I say it's a waste of some great Canadian potential, but let's hear what you guys have to say.

cmcpokey
01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
further proof that there is no money in american open wheel racing, namely CART. and unfortunately all that money goes to NASCAR.

Dino Scuderia
01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Never liked Tracey's style....he was quick but wreckless like Andretti...both overrated IMO.

Like so many others I lost interest in the series when they split because of Tony George.

bmwpower
01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
further proof that there is no money in american open wheel racing, namely CART. and unfortunately all that money goes to NASCAR.

And still i don't know why. Sure everything requires some element of skill, but some a hell of a lot more then others..bloody amaericans and their donuts...(don't mean to be stereotypical it's just where else does NASCAR even air, sure we get a few races on tv here in canada but i doubt anyone watched them)

Rockefella
01-19-2006, 09:25 PM
And still i don't know why. Sure everything requires some element of skill, but some a hell of a lot more then others..bloody amaericans and their donuts...(don't mean to be stereotypical it's just where else does NASCAR even air, sure we get a few races on tv here in canada but i doubt anyone watched them)
There are 2 road course races. I can understand why most of you hate NASCAR, but don't refer to me as an idiot because I like the racing. I don't make fun of any of you for liking emo music or being fanboys to British Marques, so leave NASCAR fans the hell alone FFS. [/rant]

furious_fiero
01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Tracey is trule a talented racer...but we all know that sometimes you have to go where the money is. Unfortunately there is not nearly as much money in CART then there is in NASCAR.

fpv_gtho
01-20-2006, 01:54 AM
NASCAR seems on a role. Ambrose jumped the Pacific to join Wood Brothers in the trucks, now Tracey comes over from Champ Car. Im somewhat surprised he isnt going straight for the Nextel Cup

SolidStradale
01-20-2006, 11:55 PM
He's only dipping his toes in the water. What if he went straight to the Nextel Cup without any experience and screwed himself over by causing a giant crash at Daytona from lack of experience. His NASCAR career would be over.

fpv_gtho
01-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Fair enough that hes only dipping his toes, but the hardest thing to get used to is probably the ovals and there should be no issue there.

Quiggs
01-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Fair enough that hes only dipping his toes, but the hardest thing to get used to is probably the ovals and there should be no issue there.There's a lot to adapt to when you have twice the weight, and half the aero grip and tire width.
And he has to learn how to use a clutch again. :)

fpv_gtho
01-21-2006, 03:22 PM
It should be interesting watching him adapt either way. Especially with that clutch