02-29-2004, 11:36 PM
1. What is the significance of the number 5252
2. What does 365 signify in Ferrari 365 GTB/4
3. What two drivers have won the Daytona 500 and Indianapolis 500
4. What driver started the tradition of spraying champaine after a race victory
5. What tragedy occurred on May 1, 1994 that shocked the racing world

Egg Nog
03-01-2004, 12:21 AM
1. When torque is measured in ft-lbs, hp = (tq/5252) * rpm. On a dyno sheet, the lines representing horsepower and torque will cross at 5252 rpm.

2. 365 represents the displacement of each individual cylinder, in cubic centimetres. The total displacement is 365cc*12 = 4.4 litres. Ironically enough, it should technically be called the 366 Daytona, because the real displacement was 4390cc. I guess Ferrari just rounded down from 365.83 per cylinder ;)

Not sure about the other three. I know a lot more about road cars than I do about race cars/racing. :)

Ferrari Tifosi
03-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Not sure about the other three. I know a lot more about road cars than I do about race cars/racing. :)

Just trying to mix things up. I haven't seen any racing trivia here yet.

Niko_Fx
03-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Just trying to mix things up. I haven't seen any racing trivia here yet.

May 1 1994 wasn't that the accident of A. Senna?

Matra et Alpine
03-01-2004, 08:46 AM
I just want to say that the daytona 500 sucks and I dont understand the appeal. Its boring, the cars are family sedans, nothing exotic. NASCAR sucks the big wiener.
Advise you find out more before shooting off.

The SHAPE of a NASCAR is fixed and must conform to a "sedan".

But underneath they are spaceframe and special suspension with engine's slung low etc et to improve handling.

The engine's unfortunately aren't allowed to be anything exotic so big V8s rule.
Not my kind of racing, but I do watch an occasional one.
I don't think races shoudl be determined by how many times you can survive lapping slower racer :)

Quiggs
03-01-2004, 10:11 AM
There's nothing sedan about the cars. Take off the headlight and taillight decals, and you'd be hard pressed to tell what it's supposed to be. The motors are kept simple (358ci max displacement, pushrod design) for cost efficiency. And also, because they want to stay close to their roots- running moonshine on a Saturday night with big square cars.

Besides, I'd like to see YOU drive a 3500 lb box around Martinsville for 4 hours. :p

Ferrari Tifosi
03-01-2004, 12:09 PM
May 1 1994 wasn't that the accident of A. Senna?

You are correct, that was the date the late great A. Senna died at the San Marino GP.

Ferrari Tifosi
03-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Is This Quiz Too Hard?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

DasModell
03-04-2004, 03:19 PM
The engine's unfortunately aren't allowed to be anything exotic so big V8s rule.
I don't think races shoudl be determined by how many times you can survive lapping slower racer :)

you can say that again(about the engine) . Toyota has build a V8 for the trucks NASCAR type racing .. but the V8 it's special for toyota ... it's a pushrod engine .. something that Toyota doesn;t have for a model in production ..

Batmobile_Turbo
03-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Advise you find out more before shooting off.

The SHAPE of a NASCAR is fixed and must conform to a "sedan".

But underneath they are spaceframe and special suspension with engine's slung low etc et to improve handling.

the actual cars in nascar aren't bad but it is soooo boring just watching them go around and around and around......they need to throw in more street courses insted of ovals or nearly oval type tracks.

DasModell
03-04-2004, 05:26 PM
i think there is only one non oval circuit in Nascar .. Watkins Glen .. and ex F1 GP circuit ..

Ferrari Tifosi
03-07-2004, 07:25 PM
i think there is only one non oval circuit in Nascar .. Watkins Glen .. and ex F1 GP circuit ..

2, Watkins Glen and Sears Point