PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Super Car!!! Finally A Japanese Super Car

HiHi_02
05-01-2003, 03:59 AM
FINALLY A JAPNESE SUPER CAR IT SORT OF REMINDS ME OF A MCLEARN<-- HAHA CANT SPELL ANY WAY IF YOU HAVE PLAYED GT2&3 YOU'L REMEMBER IT WAS CALLED THE ZZII HERE ARE THE SPECS:

2001 Tommy Kaira ZZII Specifications

General Information
Price: $---,---
Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
Curb Weight: est 1500 lbs
Layout: Mid-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo Inline-6
Displacement: 2568 cc
Horsepower: 550 bhp @ ---- rpm
Torque: --- lb-ft @ ---- rpm
Redline: ---- rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
0-100 mph: -.- sec
Quarter Mile: --.- sec @ --- mph
Skidpad: .--g
Top Speed: 210 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
Slalom Speed: --.- mph

YOU'LL FIND THE PICS OF THIS CAR AT:

http://www.fast-autos.net/tommykaira/zztwo6.html
AND
http://www.fast-autos.net/tommykaira/zztwo.html
[img]http://www.fast-autos.net/tommykaira/zztwo6.html[img]

Meluion
05-01-2003, 08:56 AM
This car looks really good! :)
Great power and weight figures!
AWD..... even better!

Godzila32
05-01-2003, 12:05 PM
It is powered by a RB26, GOT POTENTIAL!

Egg Nog
05-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Godzila32
It is powered by a RB26, GOT POTENTIAL!

Of course, you have to consider that it's not a stock engine, but one that's already been tuned to 550 horsepower. However, considering that people have tuned the same engine far beyond 1000 horses, I'd have to agree with you. :) I would say, though, that a larger and naturally aspirated engine would be more torquey and more desirable in my books. I hope they don't have too many selling issues, like the XJ220 did when potential buyers found out about it having a V6 rather than a V12.

Either way, I don't even know if you would want anymore power in this thing. 0-60 in 3.3 is amazing as is, and anymore power would probably raise that time due to excess wheelspin. Remeber, this thing's a lightweight ;)

BaRRa
05-02-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Egg Nog

Either way, I don't even know if you would want anymore power in this thing. 0-60 in 3.3 is amazing as is, and anymore power would probably raise that time due to excess wheelspin. Remeber, this thing's a lightweight ;)

More power would make it quicker. It is an AWD lightweight, more power and it would rocket off the line.

Even in a RWD car, more power means the car will be QUICKER. Cars in the real world (unlike digital joy-pad controlled cars in video games) have a throttle which you can actually open only part of the way. Its just a matter of inputting the correct amount of throttle to STOP the excessive wheelspin.

Godzila32
05-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Everything good for now! Selling shouldn't be an issue because it is only 500 hp range and still in V6 category. I might hiden some hoursepower though!

BaRRa
05-02-2003, 08:56 AM
Everything good for now! Selling shouldn't be an issue because it is only 500 hp range and still in V6 category. I might hiden some hoursepower though!

As a supposed GTR fan, you should know that the RB26 is an in-line 6.

Godzila32
05-02-2003, 09:10 AM
I was talking about the 6 category. In-Line is a straight 6 and V6 is a V and has 6 pistons. I also have a straight 6 from a Skyline GTS in my 280Z. Stock turbo and every thing. Very quick!!!!!!!!

BaRRa
05-03-2003, 07:33 AM
I was talking about the 6 category. In-Line is a straight 6 and V6 is a V and has 6 pistons. I also have a straight 6 from a Skyline GTS in my 280Z. Stock turbo and every thing. Very quick!!!!!!!!

Oh, but it still isn't in the V6 category.

kennyknoxville
05-03-2003, 12:02 PM
wow...one of the most gorgeous cars...its japanese?

Egg Nog
05-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by BaRRa
More power would make it quicker. It is an AWD lightweight, more power and it would rocket off the line.

Even in a RWD car, more power means the car will be QUICKER. Cars in the real world (unlike digital joy-pad controlled cars in video games) have a throttle which you can actually open only part of the way. Its just a matter of inputting the correct amount of throttle to STOP the excessive wheelspin.

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that it was AWD, and that's obviously my fault for not readin it ;) In this case, it should certainly be able to take a horespower increase, and putting that power to all four of the wheels shouldn't be too much of a problem. With everything else, I admit my faults. You're right.

Also, I don't really understand the comparison to video games... obviously throttle is controlable on "real-world cars" :)

BaRRa
05-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Egg Nog
Also, I don't really understand the comparison to video games... obviously throttle is controlable on "real-world cars" :)

One of my mates thinks Gran Turismo is the real world. When he drives a RWD car with lots of power (in the game) he says it is slower off the line because of the wheelspin. He thinks this happens in the real world.

Egg Nog
05-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BaRRa
One of my mates thinks Gran Turismo is the real world. When he drives a RWD car with lots of power (in the game) he says it is slower off the line because of the wheelspin. He thinks this happens in the real world.

Haha, okay, this makes sense now. :) Thanks...

Godzila32
05-05-2003, 10:16 AM
It isn't?

I was thinking about Nissan 3.6liter and 3.5 V8. Nismo had develop a 3.6 V6 in their R34 Skylines and Top Secrets had done the same thing. 210mph isn't an every day driving car. Lambo, Ferrari, and Mclear had cars going at 200mph, but not a lot of car lovers can afford one.

GTS25t
05-05-2003, 11:53 AM
... but Tommy Kaira went belly-up and closed operations.

No more are they :(

I believe a company in England bought the rights to produce the ZZ-S but are marketing it under a different name.

As far as the ZZII is concerned, well since Nissan have phased out the RB-series engines and Tommy Kaira (the company) is dead, I wouldn't expect to see too many ZZIIs around.

Egg Nog
05-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Nismo had develop a 3.6 V6 in their R34 Skylines and Top Secrets had done the same thing

No, the Skyline uses an inline six...

An inline six is quite different from a V6 because of cylinder placement. The "V" denotes the basic shape of the engine, with each bank of (in this case 3) cylinders basically mirroring the other 3. From the top view, it would look like this: ((The crankshaft would be running through where the hyphens are)

1 - 2
3 - 4 (I'm not going to bother mentioning firing order)
5 - 6

Here's a better picture: http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-v-6.jpg

While on the other hand, and inline six would look like this:
(The crankshaft runs parallel to the cylkinders, directly underneath them)

Like so: http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-inline-4.jpg

Also, there are other types such as newer-style "W" engines and flat (horizontally opposed) engines.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

This website may help: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine2.htm

HiHi_02
05-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Um what in the world are you talking about:confused: Tommy Kaira hasn't shut down i dont know where you heard that garbage, Actully i bet you have mistaken it because AUTOBACS has decided to build the ZZII which was renamed to AUTOBACS RS-01, ANYWAY THE ZZII'S NAME IS ZZII OR THE AUTOBACS RS-01 i dont know which one its called but im 100% sure Tommy Kaira did not shut down.

(Unless you are a jealous of the ZZII Or The AUTOBACS RS-01 and just wrote that up to confuse people)

Godzila32
05-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Horizontal also known as "Boxer". Same as Porsche and Subaru. Good graphics. Tommy is out of production? I was thinking about Saleen S7 and Ford's new GT-40 Vs. Tommy's ZZII. Saleen S7 is out of a Non Motorsport's price range. It is $100 grands for a New GT-40. It is a Supercharge 5 liter, but still less potential than a ZZII. I was hoping that Tommy's ZZII is about 20% less of a GT-40. Is ZZII still in production or not? I was told that Tommy offer an option of a V12 for the UK models. I was expecting a RB26DETT in a ZZII.

Egg Nog
05-07-2003, 07:15 PM
It is $100 grands for a New GT-40. It is a Supercharge 5 liter, but still less potential than a ZZII

Why?

Godzila32
05-08-2003, 10:21 AM
It needs a 427 big block in Race version and at least a 351 for street. Back in the sixty, GT-40 was the ultimate champ in all races.

Egg Nog
05-08-2003, 10:15 PM
It needs a 427 big block in Race version and at least a 351 for street. Back in the sixty, GT-40 was the ultimate champ in all races.

Sure, but I still don't see how it has less potential...

motormaniac
05-30-2003, 09:16 PM
no, they r still alive and well

motorhead
06-08-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by motormaniac
no, they r still alive and well
nope they are not well - and how could you consider it a supercar - it is a drivers car not a supercar

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by motorhead
nope they are not well - and how could you consider it a supercar - it is a drivers car not a supercar

?

motorhead
06-18-2003, 06:43 AM
its a supercar in terms of is acceleration(3.3sec) and top speed(210miles) which is 336km/h but the looks are not very superish - the murcielago - pagani zonda and the enzo all look like proper supercars - big(too big for the lambo though) - very powerful and that supercar stance - no doubt the zz2 is a nice car but it is still not up there with the big boys - lets see the zz3 - maybe that will work

motorhead
06-18-2003, 06:44 AM
very 360 modena like - the back

HiHi_02
07-01-2003, 06:29 PM
I disagree it looks fairly close to the F1's design, I like how it looks its very sporty to me. I mean think about it, Like you said 360 modena lights, the dual air scopes on top, the engine is located in the back like the diablo, weigh around 1000lbs boasts a whooping 550hp, and does 0-60 in 3.3 secs what else do you need?

HiHi_02
07-01-2003, 06:42 PM
What about this car? Same Company but different model, it a bit slower but hey 300 hp is still alot.

heres the website:

http://www.jgtc.net/index_en.htm

Dr freedom
07-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Looks like it could take on the Italians on their own turf as well!

/me hopes!

SL500
08-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by kennyknoxville
wow...one of the most gorgeous cars...its japanese?
poohehehe
no,its from mclaren MAN??????!!!!
look at its design,its clear nice performance but design intimate AGAIN (it looks like a baby Mclaren) just like another designs from japan

piledriver
08-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Very nice car for a japanese one!!
:D

I like it...

SL500
08-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by piledriver
Very nice car for a japanese one!!
:D

I like it...
yeah but for japanese its a good car
very bad design

more-boost1555
08-26-2003, 09:46 AM

Obviously the RB26 is an engine with almost limitless potential so maybe you're right Godzilla. However the GT-40's new engine is going to be a monster too. Supercharged 5.4 liter dual overhead cam 32 valve V8, with 500 hp and 500 ft./lbs. of torque. I'll bet if you were crazy and really wanted to squeeze some more power out you could. Just crank up the boost a bit and voila! But with all that torque already you might get more than you bargained for, might be tuff getting it all to the ground. I'm sure you could find a way to make it more of a race tuned engine and tone down that torque to make way for more high rpm horsepower also. I can't wait till it comes out so I can see the official performance specs.

more-boost1555
08-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Haven't gotten the quote thing down yet, but you know what you said Godzilla so it don't matter. Hey, how do you get somebody's previous post to show up in yours?

BPx
08-27-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by more-boost1555
Haven't gotten the quote thing down yet, but you know what you said Godzilla so it don't matter. Hey, how do you get somebody's previous post to show up in yours?

Hitting the quote button sets it up. You can do it manually by using the [.QUOTE] tag to start a quote, and [./QUOTE] to end it. Remove the period from both of those for it to function properly. Quotes are also in bold, so you need to use [.B] to start a bold statement and [./B] to end it. Once again, remove periods. It's a lot like HTML, except you use the [[[['s instead of <<<<'s.

Prowl
09-10-2003, 02:18 PM
The ZZII will hopefully have another Japanesse enemy in a few years, theLexus/Toyota V-10 car, showed in R&T last month. kinda ugly but it'll work. the ZZII though is a beauty, compared to most of the mixed tuner cars, I mean the whole line-running-into-line body kits you see, this is real smooth looking.

uk83
09-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Prowl
The ZZII will hopefully have another Japanesse enemy in a few years, theLexus/Toyota V-10 car, showed in R&T last month. kinda ugly but it'll work. the ZZII though is a beauty, compared to most of the mixed tuner cars, I mean the whole line-running-into-line body kits you see, this is real smooth looking.

lexus/toyota V-10 car showed @ R&T????

gimme pics.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls

sorry to get off the subject.
about the subject-car. looks cool, but.... misses a final touch. looks like a wannabe car. only most wannabe-cars dont have the specs like the real cars 3.3 is monsterly.... thats just cool. first japanese car with original specs like that? whats gonna be the price of the car, and what are the dimensions. japanese persons can give a misjudgeing sight.

Misho
09-10-2003, 03:24 PM
this car looks stunning. but as motorhead suggested, doesnt have that supercar look and feel to it.

r34_296kw
09-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
its a supercar in terms of is acceleration(3.3sec) and top speed(210miles) which is 336km/h but the looks are not very superish - the murcielago - pagani zonda and the enzo all look like proper supercars - big(too big for the lambo though) - very powerful and that supercar stance - no doubt the zz2 is a nice car but it is still not up there with the big boys - lets see the zz3 - maybe that will work looks like a cool car...but did u no dat da nissan skyline r34 has a top speed of 251 m/ph whereas this 1 has 210 m/ph

megotmea7
09-12-2003, 01:19 AM
even if i was an idiot and had no idea what you where talking abou id still laugh at you and call you names for that one, ok lets think about this one logicaly, lets take a gander at the statistics that have to do with top speed:
R34 skyline:
~280hp
~3300lbs give or take
final drive is 4.11 i think
ZZII:
550hp
1500lbs
cant find the final drive but its gotta be lower than 4.11
and with those stats alone you can see strait through to your idiocy your r34 skiyline isnt reaching 250mph with a 4.11 final and 280hp and the top speed for a r34 is right in the 160-170mph area i think, so sorry guy wrong again :rolleyes:

r34_296kw
09-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by megotmea7
even if i was an idiot and had no idea what you where talking abou id still laugh at you and call you names for that one, ok lets think about this one logicaly, lets take a gander at the statistics that have to do with top speed:
R34 skyline:
~280hp
~3300lbs give or take
final drive is 4.11 i think
ZZII:
550hp
1500lbs
cant find the final drive but its gotta be lower than 4.11
and with those stats alone you can see strait through to your idiocy your r34 skiyline isnt reaching 250mph with a 4.11 final and 280hp and the top speed for a r34 is right in the 160-170mph area i think, so sorry guy wrong again :rolleyes: i didnt mean a stock skyline i meant a customised one...

megotmea7
09-20-2003, 12:11 AM
hmm a stock car vs. a modifyed car? answer me this what the **** is the point of a car comparison when you can just say something like "210mph, i could get a civic to 230mph" compare stock to stock, a skyline comes from the factory with 280hp this comes with 550hp whatever speed they can reach with factory setup is the speed at which you compare, not a stock car to one modifyed for top speed and say the skylines better because its faster, its not period thats how you compare cars

Egg Nog
09-21-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by megotmea7
hmm a stock car vs. a modifyed car? answer me this what the **** is the point of a car comparison when you can just say something like "210mph, i could get a civic to 230mph...

Aww man, he's doing it again...

r34_296kw: Please the first few posts in this thread. Again.:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=652&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

megotmea7
09-22-2003, 08:38 PM
it apears he is showing the limits of his ability to comprehend yet again