PDA

View Full Version : New HIGH RES Concept M5 pics!!!!

Rijoh
03-02-2004, 02:16 AM
I don't like the looks of the normal 5 series, but this Concept M5 looks absolutely AWESOME :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rijoh
03-02-2004, 02:17 AM
Nice rims

Rijoh
03-02-2004, 02:18 AM
Last ones

carlover
03-02-2004, 05:55 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Bangle ruined the M5! BMW should fire him before he goes after the M3!!! :mad: :mad:

g35unit
03-02-2004, 07:57 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Bangle ruined the M5! BMW should fire him before he goes after the M3!!! :mad: :mad:
---------------------------------------------
It might not be the most appealing from some angles but with at least a 500hp V10 under the hood, you tend to overlook such a thing as the styling!

Afterall, it's not that bad. It has an of aggressive (yet maybe soft from some angles) look.

But like I said above, who can complain about 500 freaking horses?

Coventrysucks
03-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Bangle may have been head of the design team that designed the 5 series, but he has recently been promoted to Design Director, i.e. he won't actually be designing anything.

A man called Ulf Weidhase is actually in charge of design for BMW's "M Automobiles" and "BMW Individual", and as such, I should imagine that he would have been in charge of styling the M5.
:)

carlover
03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
---------------------------------------------
It might not be the most appealing from some angles but with at least a 500hp V10 under the hood, you tend to overlook such a thing as the styling!

Afterall, it's not that bad. It has an of aggressive (yet maybe soft from some angles) look.

But like I said above, who can complain about 500 freaking horses?

Well then they should put that V10 in the old M5. The styling will probaly grow on me. I had know idea it had 500 horses.

Swissbeatz
03-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Are you crazy?? this car is splendid... 4 exhaust pipes, and the heart... First V10 in a saloon car, V10 developing 500hp with a 7 speed SMG gearbox. o-100km/h under 5 sec and... 0-200 in...only 13 sec. this cr is my dream.

I love the design, the team of Bangle is making a great job. If you don't agree that ain't fair but there are more than 1 million people out there who loves that new style.

Matra et Alpine
03-02-2004, 04:03 PM
First V10 in a saloon car,
Nope. VW Phaeton had V10 last year ( diesel one mind you :) )

SPHFerrari
03-02-2004, 04:25 PM

short and simple. your an idiot. that is an amazing car. great job, bangle has almost made up for the 7 series' trunk lid with this one, almost. and g35unit, 500 hp does not mean that you overlook the styling. a superpowerful car that looks really crapy is not gonna sell unles your super fu**in rich and youve got all the money in the world to just throw around without thinkin. however i do agree wit you that it is an agressive lookin car and, simply put, it just looks real cool.

oh, and G-Unit kiks ass

Swissbeatz
03-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Nope. VW Phaeton had V10 last year ( diesel one mind you :) )

The V10 of the Phaeton has 333hp and it's a diesel. With a TURBO.... All BMWs Motorsport don't have a TURBO or something like that... 500hp without a turbo, so that's why I told it's the FIRST.

Egg Nog
03-02-2004, 10:02 PM
The V10 of the Phaeton has 333hp and it's a diesel. With a TURBO.... All BMWs Motorsport don't have a TURBO or something like that... 500hp without a turbo, so that's why I told it's the FIRST.

Actually, you just said it's the first V10 in a saloon car, and you didn't give any restrictions. Unfortunately, you were incorrect.

Swissbeatz
03-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Actually, you just said it's the first V10 in a saloon car, and you didn't give any restrictions. Unfortunately, you were incorrect.

Ok Mr. the lawyer you're right.

carlover
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
People are critizizing me because of my oponion. If you guys had read my post above you would of realized I had no idea it had 500 horses.Am I supposed to know everything about every car? If you think I'm crazy because I don't like the styling of that car than you may be the crazy one. After all, if no one is entitled to there own opionion then what are the point of these forums? I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF THE NEW BMW M5. AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE BUT ME CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT. I think some people just saw my first post and just replyed to it. I don't think anyone who posted bad stuff about me took any time to read my second post. I don't care if everyone else on earth thinks the new M5 is the best looking car ever. I still don't like it. And no one else but me can make me change my mind.

g35unit
03-03-2004, 02:32 PM
People are critizizing me because of my oponion. If you guys had read my post above you would of realized I had no idea it had 500 horses.Am I supposed to know everything about every car? If you think I'm crazy because I don't like the styling of that car than you may be the crazy one. After all, if no one is entitled to there own opionion then what are the point of these forums? I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF THE NEW BMW M5. AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE BUT ME CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT. I think some people just saw my first post and just replyed to it. I don't think anyone who posted bad stuff about me took any time to read my second post. I don't care if everyone else on earth thinks the new M5 is the best looking car ever. I still don't like it. And no one else but me can make me change my mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! There is nothing wrong with having your own opinion. You are actually one of the few people (that at least I know) who no matter what the number of horses might be breathing under the hood, still is not a good enough reason to desire an M5. What might change you is if you had the opportunity to drive one.
THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!

carlover
03-03-2004, 02:34 PM
What might change you is if you had the opportunity to drive one. THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!

I'm only 13 so I won't have that chance. ;)

carlover
03-03-2004, 02:40 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! There is nothing wrong with having your own opinion. You are actually one of the few people (that at least I know) who no matter what the number of horses might be breathing under the hood, still is not a good enough reason to desire an M5. What might change you is if you had the opportunity to drive one.
THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!

And by the way, I only said I didn't like the styling of that car. I mean, who could not love a V10 that pumps out 500 HP??? :confused: :D :confused:

carlover
03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
If you don't agree that ain't fair but there are more than 1 million people out there who loves that new style.

How is it not fair that I don't like the style of this car?

bk4uyeah
03-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Personally, when i first saw the new direction BMW was looking to go in sometime last spring, i too was skeptical. However, after my attendence of numerous auto shows and 540i & 740i test drives i have grown on it. The M5 is no exception.

g35unit
03-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Has anyone got any pics of what the interior might look like. I have been inside the interior of the new 5 and it's pretty nice. The i-drive looks and works pretty cool, but it takes some serious work getting used to.
I dont really understand all the talk about it being dumb. I mean, sure it might take away from the driving fun! But, it simplifies the look of the dash, not to mention that it is like having a personal computer within that dash that stores a whole lot more stuff than regular nav systems.

In any case, can someone post some interior pics when they find some?

Batmobile_Turbo
03-03-2004, 09:08 PM
the bottom line is: the thing is ugly, no matter how wicked the performance is, i think it is ugly but i still respect it because of its performance. oh and speaking of lines the hood line on that thing is BOGUS.

carlover
03-04-2004, 06:06 AM
the bottom line is: the thing is ugly, no matter how wicked the performance is, i think it is ugly but i still respect it because of its performance. oh and speaking of lines the hood line on that thing is BOGUS.

Finnaly somone who agrees with me.

Swissbeatz
03-04-2004, 08:30 AM
the Project ... damn I love this car. :D :cool: :p :) :D :D