I dont know about you guys but i have started collecting brochures
i asked for some from GM and they got me the new GTO the CTS-V and the
'all new V'
it's an STS-V
i scanned it and here it is
looks niice

6'bore
01-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Looks like a Crossfie designed with a ruler to me.

EDIT: It is a Crossfire designed with a ruler.

Zondaboy1
01-30-2006, 03:50 PM
you gotta point there 6 bore

"Clevor" Angel
01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
They're not the prettiest cars but they can really knock you back despite the FWD. I think they look better with the top up though.

ZeTurbo
01-30-2006, 05:15 PM
They're not the prettiest cars but they can really knock you back despite the FWD. I think they look better with the top up though.
erm...The xlr is not FWD

F1_Master
01-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Nothing more than a very overpriced Cadillac.

Why pay $100K when you can just go and buy a Corvette? It's the same d*mn base as the XLR and is so much cheaper.

If I pay $100,000 for a Cadillac, it better have more than 443 Hp.

Hell, even the regular XLR ($78,000 and 320Hp) is not worth the cash.

I'd rather spend that kind of money on a new Viper Coupe for 500 horses.

PerfAdv
01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Very impressive car. GM should be advertising and cashing in on this engineering Tour de Force. It has a very advanced suspension: electro-pnuematic-nitrocharged-something but it really works is what I've read.

If GM want to sell more cars then they should offer this type of cutting edge technology in their lower priced cars.

Slicks
01-30-2006, 06:15 PM

You havent seen one IRL have you?
It looks nothing like a Crossfire, more like a Corvette with edgy, Cadillac styling.

Slicks
01-30-2006, 06:16 PM
As mentioned the XLR is not FWD, and since you probably dont know this, the CTS, and STS are not FWD either.

aNOBLEman
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I sat in this car at Detroit and it is very nice inside with good quality materials and such (especially the suede seats which were very comfortable). :) I think that it is a bit overpriced but people that want near Corvette power but Cadillac image and luxury will surely like this. I've seen a few on the road in my home town.

CSL
01-30-2006, 09:18 PM

Its the otherway around, the Crossfire looks like the XLR, the XLR has been around a lot longer than last years crossfire concept

CSL
01-30-2006, 09:20 PM

Why pay $100K when you can just go and buy a Corvette? It's the same d*mn base as the XLR and is so much cheaper.

Why buy a Ferrari when a echo will do? Really why pay for a Viper Coupe only to get raped by a cheaper Z06

LTT
01-30-2006, 10:28 PM
I sat in this car at Detroit and it is very nice inside with good quality materials and such (especially the suede seats which were very comfortable). :)

Didn't know that...big pimpin baby. Seriously though, I really enjoy the XLR's styling (espically the V), moreso than the new C6. Just personal preference though. But if it came right down to it, I'd probably be sitting in a Z06 instead of this.

fpv_gtho
01-30-2006, 10:39 PM

I seriously dont think you'd look twice at a Viper if you were interested in a Cadillac

TVR IS KING
01-31-2006, 12:23 AM
it's an STS-V

Its an XLR-V*

QBridge
01-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Hell, even the regular XLR ($78,000 and 320Hp) is not worth the cash.I'll take an M3 over that. Maybe even an M5.

silverhawk
01-31-2006, 01:26 AM
sure there are other cars like Z06, vipers, M3 & M5 but i think that cadillac is doing the right thing & making their cars better.

Dan Flynn
01-31-2006, 02:28 AM
XLR-V? Absolutely love it!!!

Coventrysucks
01-31-2006, 03:03 AM

Maybe because you'd like a car where the interior is covered with cheap fake leather and aluminium, rather than cheap fake plastic?

MSRP is not proportional to bhp, why do so many people find this hard to understand?

F1_Master
01-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Why buy a Ferrari when a echo will do? Really why pay for a Viper Coupe only to get raped by a cheaper Z06
I'm talking in terms of sports cars.

If you had a $100,000 to spend on a sports car or "luxury" car, would you spend it all on this XLR-V, or XLR, or on a Corvette, Viper, Jaguar, Merc. BMW, etc.

There's so much more out there worth the money.

F1_Master
01-31-2006, 06:17 AM
Maybe because you'd like a car where the interior is covered with cheap fake leather and aluminium, rather than cheap fake plastic?

MSRP is not proportional to bhp, why do so many people find this hard to understand?
The fact is there are so many better cars for the money out there.

If I'm spending $100,000 on a sports car, that car better have at least 500 horses, such as the M5 (which can also be considered luxury), Z06, Viper, and then the used sports cars of course.

Matt
01-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Why are you people acting like this car is brand new?

The Crossfire concept was not last year. That was Firepower. However, the original concept for the XLR (the Evoq) did predate the concept Crossfire by two years.

Comparing the XLR and the M5 is completely irrelevant.

Stop relying on your thoughts of past Corvettes and Cadillacs to judge new ones. Companies ARE allowed to improve.

And I'd choose the CTS-V or STS-V over a Corvette, Viper or Porsche anyday. The M5 is another story, but that's just because I'm a BMW guy.

Slicks
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Why are you people acting like this car is brand new?

The Crossfire concept was not last year. That was Firepower. However, the original concept for the XLR (the Evoq) did predate the concept Crossfire by two years.

Comparing the XLR and the M5 is completely irrelevant.

Stop relying on your thoughts of past Corvettes and Cadillacs to judge new ones. Companies ARE allowed to improve.

And I'd choose the CTS-V or STS-V over a Corvette, Viper or Porsche anyday. The M5 is another story, but that's just because I'm a BMW guy.

Because the XLR-V is new.

Zondaboy1
01-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Its an XLR-V*
i realized that minutes after posting and logging of and i'm too lazy to correct it

CSL
01-31-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm talking in terms of sports cars.

If you had a $100,000 to spend on a sports car or "luxury" car, would you spend it all on this XLR-V, or XLR, or on a Corvette, Viper, Jaguar, Merc. BMW, etc.

There's so much more out there worth the money.

You are just ignorant to how good the XLR is, chances are you have never sat in one, driven one ect. You can not compare the XLR to a Viper or Corvette, its not even in the same class. Everyone buys the SL because it has precieved quality and it has the name tag. i love the fact that i can go out and buy a SL55 and say that it has the same engine in the C class, the lowest offering in America.

CSL
01-31-2006, 05:53 PM
The fact is there are so many better cars for the money out there.

If I'm spending $100,000 on a sports car, that car better have at least 500 horses, such as the M5 (which can also be considered luxury), Z06, Viper, and then the used sports cars of course.

What makes the XLR not worth the money because you have the notion its inferior so far up your ass

What makes the Viper better? its cheap interior? It has the name viper? it makes 500hp for by far the most displacement of them all?

F1_Master
01-31-2006, 06:40 PM
What makes the XLR not worth the money because you have the notion its inferior so far up your ass

What makes the Viper better? its cheap interior? It has the name viper? it makes 500hp for by far the most displacement of them all?

Wow, everyone wants to bash me because I find it rubbish to pay $100,000 when I could spend that on a better car for the money.

I never said Cadillac hasn't improved Matt. Don't stick the words in my mouth. I like the V models, but a $100K is not worth it.
But you're telling me you'd rather spend $100K on the XLR-V than a M5 that is cheaper, more comfortable (imo), and faster? Alright, if that's what you wish to do, so be it then.

I have sat in XLR and yes, it's a nice car. But when I pay $100,000 for a car that's a sports car, I need more than what it's got.

You all can bash me because I find the XLR and XLR-V extremely over priced all you want, I don't care.

Being the XLR is practically a luxury Corvette in another form, I'd rather spend that money on an actual Corvette and use the extra to buy my own comfort seats if I wanted too.

IMOPINION, the XLR(-V) does not have enough features stock to be worth $80,000-$100,000.
Maybe if the XLR was $50,000 and the V was $60,000-$70,000, it might be worth it.
I'd be better off buying the CTS-V instead.

CSL
01-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Wow, everyone wants to bash me because I find it rubbish to pay $100,000 when I could spend that on a better car for the money.

I never said Cadillac hasn't improved Matt. Don't stick the words in my mouth. I like the V models, but a $100K is not worth it.
But you're telling me you'd rather spend $100K on the XLR-V than a M5 that is cheaper, more comfortable (imo), and faster? Alright, if that's what you wish to do, so be it then.

I have sat in XLR and yes, it's a nice car. But when I pay $100,000 for a car that's a sports car, I need more than what it's got.

You all can bash me because I find the XLR and XLR-V extremely over priced all you want, I don't care.

Being the XLR is practically a luxury Corvette in another form, I'd rather spend that money on an actual Corvette and use the extra to buy my own comfort seats if I wanted too.

IMOPINION, the XLR(-V) does not have enough features stock to be worth $80,000-$100,000.
Maybe if the XLR was $50,000 and the V was $60,000-$70,000, it might be worth it.
I'd be better off buying the CTS-V instead.

You continue to compare the M5 to the XLR and they are not even close to being in the same class. The M5 is a sedan the XLR is a roadster. i have added 2 pictures to show the difference. Faster dosent make a car better, all the euro fanboys scream this when the Z06 is brought up and how it beats some of the best from europe. Go search for the options lists and whats standard and compare it to your worthy 100k car list and then tell me it dosent have all you need.

Matt
01-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Because the XLR-V is new.

It's a 2006, yes - but it was introduced nearly a year ago.

F1_Master
02-02-2006, 05:41 PM
You continue to compare the M5 to the XLR and they are not even close to being in the same class. The M5 is a sedan the XLR is a roadster. i have added 2 pictures to show the difference. Faster dosent make a car better, all the euro fanboys scream this when the Z06 is brought up and how it beats some of the best from europe. Go search for the options lists and whats standard and compare it to your worthy 100k car list and then tell me it dosent have all you need.
I'm comparing the XLR-V
And both are luxury sport cars, so yes, they are remotely in the same class. So what if one's a sedan and one's a coupe, that never stopped comparisons before. Only real difference is one can hold 2 extra people. They're still performance luxury vehicles.

And maybe you should do some research.
The XLR-V has absolutely NO options according to their site.

Now here's the sad part. The M5 offers even more luxury for even less.

A tricked out M5 will cost you $92,000, $8K less than the XLR-V.

Now you can continue to say, "1's a roadster, the other's a sedan." Big d*mn deal.

Now, the new V right now is new, so a 0-60 and Top Speed have not been recorded though both cars are under 5 seconds in 0-60 (as are all the V-Series), the M5 at 4.5 seconds and 155 Mph, limited of course.

But
Horsepower:
XLR-V=443bhp @ 6,400 RPM
M5=500bhp @ 7,750 RPM

Weight:
XLR-V=3,810 lbs.
M5=4,012lbs.

So let's look again.
The M5 is heavier, of course, due it's extra passenger room, but the better car.

1)$20,000 cheaper, $10,000 cheaper with all options AND destination charge.
2)More power
3)And most likely, more comfortable with or without the heated seats option.

And if you wanted to, more room for future family.

You can continue to say, "well, 1's a roadster" crap, but that's really no matter. The M5 has to take on the weight where the XLR-V gives it the edge.

The V also has NO options. Everything's standard. There's no better seats, no better engine, no better stereos.

The M5 is even a better choice than a Viper. Less horses, a little more expensive, but so much nicer.

Yes, I know the V Series are fantastic cars and will change the way people think of them. But the XLR models are still not worth their price.

Everything else is fine. Even the CTS-V can keep up with the M5 which really says something.

PerfAdv
02-02-2006, 05:58 PM
I'd compare the XLR-V with SL55 AMG. Roadsters both, supercharged V8s both, and still the "V" is bettered.

The problem with the XLR in general is price. Lower it by 25% for both models (S/C and plain) and you've got a decent car.

F1_Master
02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
I'd compare the XLR-V with SL55 AMG. Roadsters both, supercharged V8s both, and still the "V" is bettered.

The problem with the XLR in general is price. Lower it by 25% for both models (S/C and plain) and you've got a decent car.
That's what I've been saying. The regular XLR is really nowhere near it's high price.

I might be able to see the XLR-V somewhere near $100K, though you could probably pitch it up against a Porsche worth the price, but the XLR is just not worth that huge tag.

$50,000 still seems like a reasonable price to me.

PerfAdv
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
That's what I've been saying. The regular XLR is really nowhere near it's high price.

I might be able to see the XLR-V somewhere near $100K, though you could probably pitch it up against a Porsche worth the price, but the XLR is just not worth that huge tag.

$50,000 still seems like a reasonable price to me.
Absolutely right. The decaf for 50K and caffeinated for 75K, then they may actually sell a few. I'm not in the market but why would someone pay more to buy a less respected brand? I daily see SLs of all designations (SL500, 600, 55, and even one 65) and I've seen only one XLR, it's rarer than Maybachs in SoCal...

F1_Master
02-02-2006, 06:20 PM
At least you've seen 1.

That last time I saw a XLR on the road was near Cadillac's dealer and I don't count that as a sighting since it was on a test drive.

rev440
02-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I think it the car looks great and the hardtop vert idea is sweet. Maybe a LS7 would make it the ultimate bargian of a car.

aNOBLEman
02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
I think it the car looks great and the hardtop vert idea is sweet. Maybe a LS7 would make it the ultimate bargian of a car.

It would not be an ultimate bargain car but it would justify the 100K list price of the XLR-V.

pAinTrAin
02-02-2006, 08:15 PM

Wasn't the XLR out before the crossfire?

As mentioned the XLR is not FWD, and since you probably dont know this, the CTS, and STS are not FWD either.

There has never been a cady with FWD, that I remember.

Slicks
02-02-2006, 09:23 PM
There has never been a cady with FWD, that I remember.
huh??? Almost all Pre-2003 Caddies of the 90s were FWD cars. Deville, Seville, Eldorado. The Catera was the only RWD one.
And the 'new' DTS is FWD.

PerfAdv
02-02-2006, 10:52 PM
The last convertible that topped the Cadillac line was FWD, the Allante.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Allante.JPG

pAinTrAin
02-03-2006, 01:35 AM
huh??? Almost all Pre-2003 Caddies of the 90s were FWD cars. Deville, Seville, Eldorado. The Catera was the only RWD one.
And the 'new' DTS is FWD.

Shows you how much I care about Cady...lol

I spent way to much time in the 90's with my women.

Matt
02-03-2006, 06:47 AM
I don't understand why people make statements about something they later admit they know nothing about. If you don't know, don't say it.

CSL
02-03-2006, 03:04 PM

Its bettered which way?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=735&page_number=9

The XLR-V is alone worth the money because not every rapper and every other rich moron has one. " ill get a Mercedes because they are good? eventhough on long tern reports they keep falling and falling and falling

CSL
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM

Ya ignore the fact that the Z06 is 30k cheaper, lighter and all that

CSL
02-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Shows you how much I care about Cady...lol

I spent way to much time in the 90's with my women.

what a couple hours with her?

CSL
02-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Absolutely right. The decaf for 50K and caffeinated for 75K, then they may actually sell a few. I'm not in the market but why would someone pay more to buy a less respected brand? I daily see SLs of all designations (SL500, 600, 55, and even one 65) and I've seen only one XLR, it's rarer than Maybachs in SoCal...

that because people cant be differnt and need to have the same thing eventhough the product is inferior

F1_Master
02-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Its bettered which way?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=735&page_number=9

The XLR-V is alone worth the money because not every rapper and every other rich moron has one. " ill get a Mercedes because they are good? eventhough on long tern reports they keep falling and falling and falling

Hmm...maybe some rappers were smart enough to know it's not worth the price, or has no options, or maybe because it has an engine they don't want.

Same could be said with rich "morons."

Mercedes are bought because of the image, the badge. Like Ferrari. How do you know the XLR-V won't fail?
I'm not saying it will, but there aren't any long term tests on it yet, so there's no point comparing those types of tests.