PDA

View Full Version : Comp 59 Weekly Automotive Photo Contest

Cotterik
02-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Congratulations to Sauc3 for winning comp #58

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=166633&stc=1&d=1137924031

Standings so far:

Fastautos:4, Egg Nog:1, Rebirth of Xar:8, McReis:5, SPH Ferrari:3, Niko Fx:1, Titanboy 24:7, Pterps:1, Karc:1, Pinin 1, Sauc3:3, henk4:4, carrera_gtcrazy:4, Wouter Melissen:1, VtecMini:1, spi-ti-tout:1, werty:3, Speedracer38:3, Sl55kleemann:2, BMW325:1, Rijoh:1, noppassn:1. Fumacher:1.

• The proposed picture must be your own and not found on the net.
• Only the photographs taken the month in progress and the past month are accepted.
• Only one photograph per person and weekly contest allowed; you may not change your photograph once it has been entered
• The photograph must be the original upload and not edited in any way other than to resize.
• There are 5 days to submit your photograph, a poll will be created after 5 days for people to vote on.(Monday)
• Your image must be a resolution of 800x600 or lower. If it is not, your picture will not be in the voting thread.
• Each photographer cannot vote for himself, they must vote for the others.
• Any users who enter and vote for themselves automatically recieve a 2 week penalty from the competition and all votes previously given to his/her photo are removed.
• Speedracer38's entry for comp #58 will be entered for comp #59, alongside his/her entry for this week (if entered)
• The picture should be submitted with following information in the same order: the name of the car, where it was taken or at what event, the date, and the type of camera.

user name
Name of car
Where taken (or event)
date taken
Camera type & name

mclaren_crazy
02-01-2006, 10:01 AM
where do we subit a picture if we want to enter?

EDIT: Thanks McReis

McReis
02-01-2006, 10:03 AM
where do we subit a picture if we want to enter?

Let me think.... Here!? :D
This is the thread to post them. ;)
Don't forget to post date, place, event and equipment.

mclaren_crazy
02-01-2006, 10:07 AM
This is the only way i know how to upload, i dont know how to make the image appear in the post

McLaren_crazy
Old Bentley
British Car Show
Last September
Nikon D70

Cotterik
02-01-2006, 10:13 AM
that has to be about the 5th bentley-emblem photo thats been entered in this competition :rolleyes:

mclaren_crazy
02-01-2006, 10:14 AM
sorry, ill put a different one next week

Cotterik
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
not saying its wrong, just commenting that is all :)

Piacki_117
02-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Piacki117
Ferrari Enzo
My Town
Sunday January 29th
Sony Cybershot DSC-W1
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169342&stc=1&d=1138814351

Cotterik
02-01-2006, 10:20 AM
hey that enzo's got a megane body kit. awesome.

adamfraser
02-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Nice Enzo!

;)

Piacki_117
02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Nice Enzo!

;)
I was sure you would love it!:D

mclaren_crazy
02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
man, who knew i would be going againt a FERRARI ENZO!

adamfraser
02-01-2006, 10:27 AM
I was sure you would love it!:D

Looks sexy in blue!!:p

netburner
02-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Fiat 126
Poland
last week
HP PhotoSmart 735

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169354&d=1138823233

derekthetree
02-01-2006, 01:04 PM
hope this counts as automotive :)

derekthetree
ricoh r2
go karting

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169357&stc=1&d=1138824329

SPHFerrari
02-01-2006, 01:17 PM
i missed speedracers entry in the last comp. i guarantee it is edited. im positive. i have a very similar camera. while his has a slightly different/bigger sensor, i know that isnt how photos look when they come out of canon's dslrs. there is no doubt in my mind. i dont care. i wish it could be entered. but if people refuse to except anyone elses pictures if they have been edited even the slightest bit, then there is no way that entry can be accepted. and that is highly edited. contrast and saturation have gone way up in post.

Rockefella
02-01-2006, 01:38 PM
i missed speedracers entry in the last comp. i guarantee it is edited. im positive. i have a very similar camera. while his has a slightly different/bigger sensor, i know that isnt how photos look when they come out of canon's dslrs. there is no doubt in my mind. i dont care. i wish it could be entered. but if people refuse to except anyone elses pictures if they have been edited even the slightest bit, then there is no way that entry can be accepted. and that is highly edited. contrast and saturation have gone way up in post.
Agreed, I did the detective work in that thread. :D

McReis
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Fiat 126
Poland
last week
HP PhotoSmart 735

After this great one we should let the Civic rule go and bring up the Fiat 126 rule! :D

I like and I like the car. It brings memories of my old black one...RIP! :(

#1 Mustang Fan
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Hercmostar (On behalf of my brother)
Zigen Skyline
manfeild, feilding, new zealand
12/1/06
fujifilm finepix-4900

spi-ti-tout
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
spi-ti-tout
NFS: SX
Back alleys of my house
01/02/06
Sony DSC-W7

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169484&stc=1&d=1138894416

Cotterik
02-01-2006, 05:25 PM

we can decide in future whether (if it earns a victory) the win be kept on speedracers behalf. For now i dont want to be kicking user's entries from the competition without proper investigation.

rev440
02-01-2006, 07:54 PM
rev440
YFZ450 big bore race quad
at the track
12/5/06
cannon

werty
02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
1969 Camaro Z/28
1-30-06
Canon SD550 7.1MP

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/werty_1962/Copy2ofIMG_0963.jpg

SPHFerrari
02-01-2006, 08:10 PM
whtie balance looks off. sky is very blown out as well. probably isnt allowed in the comp but for photography's sake next time u go out try the multiple exposure trick i was talking about in the other thread.

Rockefella
02-01-2006, 09:43 PM
we can decide in future whether (if it earns a victory) the win be kept on speedracers behalf. For now i dont want to be kicking user's entries from the competition without proper investigation.
My investigation wasn't enough? There were obvious signs of blurring.

mclaren_crazy
02-01-2006, 09:46 PM
dammit not wertys camaro

Piacki_117
02-02-2006, 08:35 AM
1969 Camaro Z/28
1-30-06
Canon SD550 7.1MP

this is the first nice pic of the week!:p

Cotterik
02-02-2006, 02:31 PM
My investigation wasn't enough? There were obvious signs of blurring.

Havent heard from speedracer yet, whats the rush?

SPHFerrari
02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
you havent heard from him because he knows he edited it and he was called on it. he has posted since the validity of his entry was questioned and hasnt responded, and i dont think it is because he didnt see.

Speedracer38
02-02-2006, 05:50 PM
dude take the stick out of your ass:rolleyes: Oh no my picture was edited the world is over!! Want me to go look in old competitions for pictures you edited in PS and no one noticed?? You have done it to.....in fact all your pictures are edited in PS so STFU.

Niko_Fx
02-02-2006, 06:06 PM
dude take the stick out of your ass:rolleyes: Oh no my picture was edited the world is over!! Want me to go look in old competitions for pictures you edited in PS and no one noticed?? You have done it to.....in fact all your pictures are edited in PS so STFU.

I used to think that some of your pics were too good to be true... Thanks for letting everyone now.

Rik, you happy now? So much for going against the flow on something so obvious. What now?

Anyway..

Niko_Fx
Wife's Scion XA
About 2 weeks ago
Park / Boca Raton
Kodak Z740

Speedracer38
02-02-2006, 06:17 PM
I used to think that some of your pics were too good to be true... Thanks for letting everyone now.

Rik, you happy now? So much for going against the flow on something so obvious. What now?

Thats the only picture that i have ever entered that was photo shopped. I dont care if you guys accuse me but SPH was just a dick about it. Ill enter something tomorrow though.....when does the picture have to be taken again?

werty
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
all you guys need to take a chill pill, speedracer38 is a great photographer regardless of PS and the same goes with alot of other poeple in these comps

so just shut it and and sumbit your pics already;)

SPHFerrari
02-02-2006, 06:48 PM
i said originally i dont care speedracer. im not trying to be a dick. but everyone else is so uptight about not letting us enter any edited photos that im not gonna just let other people tromp all over that. i have argued relentlessly to let photos like yours (and mine) into the competitions to no avail.

so STFU you dick :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: :p :mad: . how old are you? jesus.

EDIT:

you know what, after reading my posts again, i realize, i WAS trying to be a dick. because i hate speedracer. and you know what? i dont care. i dont care what you think jason because you are the most immature person ive ever met. i cant even begin to explain how childish you are. if i wanted to put in the effort to try and explain, it would only be in vain. dont get so mad that you got called on it. you knew it was coming come on were not ****ing stupid. but you know, neither me nor anyone else are going to do anything about the fact that you tried to trick everyone. because were sensible people. i guarantee nobody on this board is going to go out of their way to effect your real life by contacting people you have done business with, with the intent on getting you in trouble. that is more than anyone can say for you.

Speedracer38
02-02-2006, 06:56 PM
how old are you? jesus.

I'm old enough to know smoking is bad for you....I guess our parents didn't teach you very well.

SPHFerrari
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
good lesson speed!!! well done!! smoking kills!

Speedracer38
02-02-2006, 07:05 PM
i guarantee nobody on this board is going to go out of their way to effect your real life by contacting people you have done business with, with the intent on getting you in trouble. that is more than anyone can say for you.

what are you talking about??

karc
02-02-2006, 07:15 PM
what kinda stupid rule is that? no editted photos? how can you prove a photo isnt editted anyways? you can make subtle changes and have no idea. are u saying peoples photos have to be of such shitty quality that theres no way it can b editted and we pick the worst looking one? wtf... its not like professional photos arent editted. learn to use photoshop.. its pretty easy.. and change this rule. i havent entered photo comps in months and i still felt this is a dumb enough rule to post about having it changed.

SPHFerrari
02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
what kinda stupid rule is that? no editted photos? how can you prove a photo isnt editted anyways? you can make subtle changes and have no idea. are u saying peoples photos have to be of such shitty quality that theres no way it can b editted and we pick the worst looking one? wtf... its not like professional photos arent editted. learn to use photoshop.. its pretty easy.. and change this rule. i havent entered photo comps in months and i still felt this is a dumb enough rule to post about having it changed.
THANKYOU

SPHFerrari
02-02-2006, 07:17 PM
you cant seriously not know what im talking about. you got kicked off a website for it. and i know u dont forget getting kicked off a car forum, particularly this one.

Speedracer38
02-02-2006, 07:20 PM
you cant seriously not know what im talking about. you got kicked off a website for it. and i know u dont forget getting kicked off a car forum, particularly this one.

which forum?? I truthfully forgot.

Niko_Fx
02-02-2006, 07:48 PM

Is a simply and easy to follow rule. Some of us don't know how to use photoshop and some of us don't even have photoshop. It's like bringing a modified car to stock-car race... NOT ALLOWED.

There's a comp going on right now where editing is allowed, in this one it isn't. It's all about your abilities with a camera and not photoshop. If you guys can't get that then is not anybody's problem any longer, and I believe this shouldn't even be discussed any further.

werty
02-02-2006, 08:19 PM
this is ridiculous

johnnynumfiv
02-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm begining to loose respect for UCP as the days go on, it's not like the good ol' days on here anymore so I'm probably going to be leavin sometime soon.

werty
02-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm begining to loose respect for UCP as the days go on, it's not like the good ol' days on here anymore so I'm probably going to be leavin sometime soon.
I have been doing it slowly, i figure by this time next year i wont use ucp, or maybe i will, just to piss off the liberals;)

spi-ti-tout
02-03-2006, 12:49 AM
If it makes any of you happy (perticularly SPH / Rik), the PEdit competition's rules are going to be a bit more relaxed. I've suddenly understood why editing is needed sometimes, so I'm revising the rules. The only way to settle this is to have two competitions: One disallowing edit like this one so a majority aer happy and one edit-allowed one for the others, including me. Not my fault if anyone thinks it's silly, it's the only way I see.

For those who still don't understand, I've attached a picture of a Cayman S I took recently. Here, have a look at example 1 first, then 2. A lot of times you have to edit your picture because something comes in the way of opportunity. For example, look at the Cayman I've uploaded. On preedit, it was dark, dull, dusty and there was a Nissan Maxima in the background ruining the look. In the edited photo, I've covered the Maxima with the very same wall and made the picture, on a whole, much much brighter.

In the book "The world's greatest hundred photos", I think the 56th photo, was a brilliant picture with a gigantic iceberg, perfect blue underneath and a few penguins here and there, but the sky was strangely a reflection. I read the summary and the photographer was describing why he edited off a very dull and uninspiring sky because it would ruin the look of the amazing iceberg pic he took. I'll try and see if I can find it, but that was just another example.

2ndclasscitizen
02-03-2006, 01:27 AM
does Photoshop remove photo data (its called EXIF for my camera), all the info on shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc.? Cause if it does, that'd be an easy way to tell. Just ask for the original file with the intact data

spi-ti-tout
02-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Not all of us photoshop, 2ndclass.

2ndclasscitizen
02-03-2006, 04:27 AM
i'm not accusing any of photoshopping spi, i'm just forwarding that as an idea to determine if someone has shopped a photo if there is doubt. I hardly know PS at all, don't have it at home and don't use it

spi-ti-tout
02-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Never accused you of accusing, mate :)

I was just trying to imply that while PS may be the most common program, there are other edit programs too which are used by people. I hardly know PS / ever use it myself, so you never know, there are other programs which work differently. But however I believe if we follow my suggestion there won't be any need to edit the photos in the normal comp.

McReis
02-03-2006, 05:37 AM

I don't know wether you were alive or not when photography wasn't a digital affair. On those times, a good pic was only a good pic and that was it. You couldn't edit, and still, competitions existed.

This is the 59th competition! Wake up! Accept the rules or leave the comp.

johnnynumfiv
02-03-2006, 12:39 PM
There are a lot of things you can do in the dark room to change a picture.

Don't you think things some things should change even tho its the 59th comp? It's getting incredibly boring.

One problem with exif data thing 2ndclass, usually pictures are to big to upload in an unedited state.

karc
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't know wether you were alive or not when photography wasn't a digital affair. On those times, a good pic was only a good pic and that was it. You couldn't edit, and still, competitions existed.

This is the 59th competition! Wake up! Accept the rules or leave the comp.

i didnt say you cant take good photos... i said theres no way to prove a photo hasnt been editted to look good. the only way would be to have all crappy photos that no one would bother to edit and pick the best one.... it was a bit of an exageration to make a point that the rule is stupid... and btw i left the comps quite awhile ago.

Titanboy_24
02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
i guarantee nobody on this board is going to go out of their way to effect your real life by contacting people you have done business with, with the intent on getting you in trouble. that is more than anyone can say for you.

:rolleyes: you know full well what hes talking about, but im not gona start into that again.

In the end if someone just adjusts contrast and other small sh!t no one will ever know, its once you start blurring and stuff when people notice. PS is a new photography tool, I'm just not sure how it fits into this comp.

VtecMini
02-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Just incase anyone's still pondering the exif data thing, don't bother.

There's programs that you can use to edit it, so the exif data can tell just as many lies as the image.

suzq044
02-03-2006, 05:01 PM
does this count? im an SLR noob..
suzq044
Street Corner Slow Shutter
Olympus E300 EVOLT slr
Photoshop used to crop & level adjust
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=169731&stc=1&d=1139011266

2ndclasscitizen
02-03-2006, 08:34 PM
nice shot, pretty good for an SLR noob :p How does the E-300 go? I was considering one then went for the *ist DS, cause it was very well recommended and cheaper?

suzq044
02-03-2006, 09:55 PM
its pretty good.. same stuff a sony SLR has.. 8 megapixel w/ the same lil options.. you just gotta know how to use em :) [ so far... i likey :D ]

Rockefella
02-03-2006, 10:08 PM

Cry. You guys do understand that photoshop is a $600+ program, and not everyone downloads things illegally or has the funding to buy the program. Submit your picture according to the damn rules, and don't cheat your way through it. Everyone else submits (or is supposed) unedited photos, and by you editing the pic, gives you an unfair advantage. It's like running for President w/ 1,000,000 votes guaranteed your way. I'll let the picture do the talking.

http://tell.fll.purdue.edu/JapanProj/FLClipart/Verbs/cry.gif

karc
02-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Cry. You guys do understand that photoshop is a $600+ program, and not everyone downloads things illegally or has the funding to buy the program. Submit your picture according to the damn rules, and don't cheat your way through it. Everyone else submits (or is supposed) unedited photos, and by you editing the pic, gives you an unfair advantage. It's like running for President w/ 1,000,000 votes guaranteed your way. I'll let the picture do the talking.

http://tell.fll.purdue.edu/JapanProj/FLClipart/Verbs/cry.gif

ok well photoshop is just used as a common word for "image editor program" most people are talking about using photoshop... but you could also use many cheaper and free programs to touch up images....

btw i havent broken the rules.. im just arguing for a change in them.

my porsche
02-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Don't you think things some things should change even tho its the 59th comp? It's getting incredibly boring.

i think its getting boring simply because of the repitition of subject matter, every sees a picture that won, takes a picture of the same thing and hopes to win!

or maybe the competition has just run its course

so am i, stupid quarrels, the f'ing jelly things, random crap, the competitions becoming boring and people cheating, its just not as good anymore

my porsche
02-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Cry. You guys do understand that photoshop is a $600+ program, and not everyone downloads things illegally
haha you're talking about me, arent you? :p

Rockefella
02-04-2006, 11:00 AM
haha you're talking about me, arent you? :p
Not necessarily, people like Wouter, you, McReis (I think), etc are against piracy.

johnnynumfiv
02-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Photoshop elements is 99 bucks, and usually free with scanners. It has almost everything CS does and a great alternative to paying 600 bucks for CS.

my porsche
02-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Not necessarily, people like Wouter, you, McReis (I think), etc are against piracy.
oh i was thinking it was you, cuz we had that whole discussion about why i wont steal it...or maybe that wasnt you

hercmostar
02-04-2006, 06:35 PM
almost everyone edits their photos with some sort of program to resize them anyway :-)

If you want to post edited photos go to the photo-edit compitition... not here. it is as simple as that.

johnnynumfiv
02-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Even in the photo-edit comp there are limitations, which there shouldn't be.

werty
02-04-2006, 09:40 PM
the problem with "using the p-edit photo comp" instead of this comp is that people here that have one the comps are listed so in the first post....they almost all used some sort of saturation and contrast edit to win, i know i did for my 3 victories

so people dont want to start another comp after being in this one for so long, i think a p-edit comp is a good idea, however, i do believe minor editing should be allowed for this comp, and if not, then ALL of the past victories for this particular comp MUST BE erased to be fair

so either allow minor editing in this comp or erase all past comp wins (you cant change the rules at comp 59, thats too late in the game!)

hercmostar
02-04-2006, 09:58 PM
The purpose of this comp is to demonstrate camera skills based around automobiles. So that means the picture shouild come straight off the camera, resized and chucked into the competition. If you wanted 'That picture lighter or darker' etc. then use different camera settings. THIS COMP IS FOR SKILLED USE OF A CAMERA, PHOTOSHOP IS NOT PART OF A CAMERA!! It should be only used for resizing the picture to 800x600 or less to meet the requirements.

anyway, here's my pic:

Niko_Fx
02-05-2006, 01:08 PM
the problem with "using the p-edit photo comp" instead of this comp is that people here that have one the comps are listed so in the first post....they almost all used some sort of saturation and contrast edit to win, i know i did for my 3 victories

That sucks Werty.

Anybody else wanna let everyone know how their cheated their way into winning?

johnnynumfiv
02-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I use settings on my camera for brightness/contrast/saturation for everyone of my photos but that is done on the camera when I shoot the photo. Does that mean I cheated too?
And for those who can't do that on the camera when they shoot the picture why can't they do it afterwords?

Niko_Fx
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I use settings on my camera for brightness/contrast/saturation for everyone of my photos but that is done on the camera when I shoot the photo. Does that mean I cheated too?
And for those who can't do that on the camera when they shoot the picture why can't they do it afterwords?

1- You can do much more on an editing software than on your camera.

2- It's all about the moment and not what you can do afterwards. If you can quickly set up your camera and take a great photo in seconds during a car race or something then you have skills and that's what the comp is all about... If you take a crappy photo and make it just perfect by playing around with it 20 minutes on photoshop then what's the point?

johnnynumfiv
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm just curious, who has entered a real life photo competition before?
There are no rules except size and having it matted on a board. Why should this photocomp be so different? Why should those of us who actually want to move on in photography have to lag behind because of those who happen to see a car and take it with thier cheap ass point and shoot and have no clue about post processing?

PS most people don't even notice post processing unless it smacks it in their faces.

netburner
02-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm just curious, who has entered a real life photo competition before?
There are no rules except size and having it matted on a board. Why should this photocomp be so different? Why should those of us who actually want to move on in photography have to lag behind because of those who happen to see a car and take it with thier cheap ass point and shoot and have no clue about post processing?

PS most people don't even notice post processing unless it smacks it in their faces.

Maybe because it is the rule in this comp?

My god you are talking like little children in the Kindergarten "oh, lets do it this way", "no, lets do it that way", "mummy, he took my teddy"...

READ THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM OR GO OUT AND CRY!

It can't be to difficult to take a good picture with your cams and then show it to us in here. If I can do it with a 3.2 MP digicam, you can also do it with more expensive cams.

And don't tell me something about "good photographers are editing, too"... Somebody, who is editing his photos will never be a good photographer, because he isn't better than everybody else who can use PS or other progs!

So, back to topic: when will the comp come up?

johnnynumfiv
02-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Maybe because it is the rule in this comp?

My god you are talking like little children in the Kindergarten "oh, lets do it this way", "no, lets do it that way", "mummy, he took my teddy"...

READ THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM OR GO OUT AND CRY!

It can't be to difficult to take a good picture with your cams and then show it to us in here. If I can do it with a 3.2 MP digicam, you can also do it with more expensive cams.

And don't tell me something about "good photographers are editing, too"... Somebody, who is editing his photos will never be a good photographer, because he isn't better than everybody else who can use PS or other progs!

My question is why can't these rules change?

netburner
02-05-2006, 02:59 PM
My question is why can't these rules change?

We had 58 comps and we are in comp 59, my question is: why should we change them now? There were 58 comps before while you had the chance of give your opinion about bad rules. But there were only some minor rumors, specially since around comp 50. So there were 49 comps without any bad meanings about the rules AND there is another new comp for pictures you can change as much as you would like to.

My opinion is, that this rules are ok, and the only thing I change in my pics are license plates, because there are people, who won't like to see them in the internet.

johnnynumfiv
02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
We had 58 comps and we are in comp 59, my question is: why should we change them now? There were 58 comps before while you had the chance of give your opinion about bad rules. But there were only some minor rumors, specially since around comp 50. So there were 49 comps without any bad meanings about the rules AND there is another new comp for pictures you can change as much as you would like to.

My opinion is, that this rules are ok, and the only thing I change in my pics are license plates, because there are people, who won't like to see them in the internet.

It's time for a change, thats why we should change them now. The new edit comp is still limited in what you can do, it's not really the answer to this competition's rule.

werty
02-05-2006, 03:25 PM
That sucks Werty.

Anybody else wanna let everyone know how their cheated their way into winning?
I'm not admitting to cheating, nor did i say it was cheating. I only admitt, that my past 3 victories i did use minor saturation changes. But no more than anyone else had OBVIOSLY used too.

So DO NOT single me out, everyone that has one, well at least 50 of the 59 comps there was contrast or saturation editing, and just now the sucky photographers are complaining about it.

My point is, my past victories would have won just as easily without saturation enhancement, and even then it was done with the Camera, not PS.

werty
02-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Fastautos:4, Egg Nog:1, Rebirth of Xar:8, McReis:5, SPH Ferrari:3, Niko Fx:1, Titanboy 24:7, Pterps:1, Karc:1, Pinin 1, Sauc3:3, henk4:4, carrera_gtcrazy:4, Wouter Melissen:1, VtecMini:1, spi-ti-tout:1, werty:3, Speedracer38:3, Sl55kleemann:2, BMW325:1, Rijoh:1, noppassn:1. Fumacher:1.

lets see here, i know for a fact that fast autos, rebirth of Xar, Titanboy, speedracer38, and more of you have used some sort of saturation in their photo's, and they are some of the biggest winners

but saturation isn't what got them to win, it was superb photography, you guys should be taking lesson's from these guys, not telling them to stop being good at what they do

I am not taking my Camaro picture out of this weeks comp, it was edited on the camera, i only used PS for resizing.

Niko_Fx
02-05-2006, 03:46 PM

lets see here, i know for a fact that fast autos, rebirth of Xar, Titanboy, speedracer38, and more of you have used some sort of saturation in their photo's, and they are some of the biggest winners

but saturation isn't what got them to win, it was superb photography, you guys should be taking lesson's from these guys, not telling them to stop being good at what they do

I am not taking my Camaro picture out of this weeks comp, it was edited on the camera, i only used PS for resizing.

Seems like you actually want to single me out when you say "you guys"...

johnnynumfiv
02-05-2006, 03:53 PM
You're pathetic niko.

Cotterik
02-05-2006, 05:00 PM

monday evening, as the rules state.

this debate is getting out of hand. in the next week or so I'll post a detailed poll to decide what the majority of users wish the comp rules to be, then it will be settled. no more bickering.

Niko_Fx
02-05-2006, 06:37 PM
You're pathetic niko.

No, YOU and your childish attitude are. You guys love to whine and cry over every single little thing even after 59 comps. Get over it already and follow the rules.

johnnynumfiv
02-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Yay I have a childish attitdue!!! w000000t.

shockwaveracing
02-06-2006, 12:04 AM
shockwaveracing
Ford Falcon Futura (EF Series II) my car
Canon Eos 350D
Straight off of the camera, used photoshop to resize

did the shoot at dawn up in Kings Park, near the DNA Tower (if Perth users are curious as to where i took the picture)

Cyco
02-06-2006, 03:49 AM
This is a comp for good photographers.

If you want a comp for those who like to fiddle with their photos then start another comp.

Niko_Fx
02-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Straight off of the camera, used photoshop to resize

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

McReis
02-06-2006, 06:42 AM
it was a bit of an exageration to make a point that the rule is stupid... and btw i left the comps quite awhile ago.

Then why complain if you're not a part on this discussion? You decided to put yourself out of the comps, and so did I for a while as I understood the results were unfair. But I decided to come back and accept things as they are, just for the fun of competing.
Of course it's almost impossible to say if a pic was edited or not. But the idea behind the rule is to avoid those in wich the digital manipulation is way too obvious.

Fumacher
02-06-2006, 10:54 AM
come on guys....this competition is not something to earn your money with ....
Keep it nice and friendly :)

johnnynumfiv
02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
You people act like you can't be a good photographer and use photoshop at the same time.

suzq044
02-06-2006, 09:51 PM
u guys do realise, photoshop was designed as a digital darkroom right?.. made for photographers... anyways.. lets stop the arguing and get back to the comp!

derekthetree
02-07-2006, 02:27 AM
You people act like you can't be a good photographer and use photoshop at the same time.

i think everyone is saying that you can be a good photographer and not use photoshop at the same time.

whiteballz
02-07-2006, 03:04 AM
holy shit.. this is mental. here is UCP the WORLDS BEST car forum, and we are all bickering about photography comps.

PERSONALY - everyone could have gone a better and smoother route to the end of a discussion. why couldnt someone take the initiative to start a poll, to see what people want? just for this i am making a poll now, to see what comps are wanted.

whiteballz
02-07-2006, 03:23 AM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=483813#post483813