PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to revive Plymouth

Classic Anycar
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
CARS

Neon- Since the Caliber is replacing the Dodge Neon, Plymouth should have the Neon, but based on the Caliber.

Fury- Create a Hemi powered car based on the Magnum and 300. Also, how about having all three of them have both wagon and sedan available in the US?

Barracuda- Base it on the new Challenger. If it is successful, create an AAR version.

Roadrunner- Base it on the Charger. If all goes well, you could maybe create a Superbird.

Howler- Produce the attempted replacement for the Prowler, but this time with a Hemi.

Pronto Cruiser- It doesn't have to be a clone of the PT Cruiser, but it would be nice if you had something else retro.

Pronto Spyder- It doesn't have to have the Viper engine, but a roadster would be nice.

TRUCKS

Trail Duster- Base it off of the Durango and you will be fine.

Arrow- Simply rebadge the Dakota.

Scamp- Rebadge the Rampage.

VANS

Voyager- Bring it back, once again based on the Caravan.

Grand Voyager- After bringing back the Ram Van as the Pioneer, bring back the Grand Voyager as a full-size van.

Wolf03
02-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Why would you want Plymouth back?:confused:

Classic Anycar
02-01-2006, 11:16 AM
More variety.

Matra et Alpine
02-01-2006, 11:25 AM
GWB says no :D

d-quik
02-01-2006, 11:26 AM
useless

bluedak98
02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
More variety.
How does rebadging other chrysler products equal more variety? One of the reasons Plymouth went down was that all the cars were just rebadged from other brands. There's no point to bring it back, especially with your suggestions.

PerfAdv
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
I think simply sticking a Plymouth badge on an existing Dodge would sell a few more Chryslers. DaimlerChrysler, do it.

Reviving old names might help too; Fury, Valiant, Reliant, Barracuda, Duster, Road Runner...

pAinTrAin
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Why not just bring the whole company back?, don;t know why they shut it down in the first place. Eagle I can under stand.

2ndclasscitizen
02-03-2006, 04:27 AM
so you're idea's for reviving an old brand involve taking old badges and slapping them on cars from with chrysler's existing range? nice one.

i think that's the basis of the problem with the US domestic car market. They try and sell what's basically the same car with a few visual tweaks under different marques. Just reduce the line ups to one, maybe two brands. That's it. Down under, you buy a Ford or a Holden. There's no Mercury Falcon's or Pontiac Commodores.

Pando
02-03-2006, 07:21 AM
i think that's the basis of the problem with the US domestic car market. They try and sell what's basically the same car with a few visual tweaks under different marques. Just reduce the line ups to one, maybe two brands. That's it. Down under, you buy a Ford or a Holden. There's no Mercury Falcon's or Pontiac Commodores.
Hmm... that is one of the oldest tricks in the book, to sell an almost identical product under different brands usually owned by the same company giving the customer a false sense of a wide range. Then people can feel different by buying the same product as everybody else. I don't think they've lost anything on this, on the contrary I think this is one of the reasons American companies have done well in North America until the past few years. In my opinion the problem is the companies got comfortable with the situation but forgot that once a customer is fed up with one of the products, that customer is fed up with them all.

pAinTrAin
02-04-2006, 01:06 PM
so you're idea's for reviving an old brand involve taking old badges and slapping them on cars from with chrysler's existing range? nice one.

If that was meant for me, all i was saying put the old bange back on the cars that where plymouth before!

2ndclasscitizen
02-05-2006, 01:28 AM
no it wasn't pointed at you, it was too Classic Anycar

Dan Flynn
02-05-2006, 02:39 PM
This is locking up the barn after the horse got out. Thoughts of reviving Plymouth should've come while it was still around. I remember that brand getting starved of product, losing models left and right, until all that remained was the Neon and Voyager. Like Oldsmobile, it exists with Eagle, Checker, DeSoto, Edsel, and countless other marques only in history books.

jcp123
02-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I would have supported bringing back DeSoto, or Imperial (ex-Chrysler brands both), or Oldsmobile, but Plymouth just doesn't have the oomph. It was always a grandma's car, even back in the day. Granted, they made some exciting cars in the late-'60's, but that's not really enough. I say let it die, better luck next time.

austin healey
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
i would say for plymouh to come back make a plymouth cuda and base it on the challenger but put a 600 horse power V12 and make tha car 3 inches wider 2 inches sorter and 5 inches longer also put 20 inch black rims. that would be sweet. but what i think what mercury needs to do is make a new cougar and base it on the mustang