PDA

View Full Version : another (proposed) blow for the U.S. car enthusiasts.

kingofthering
02-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I read in the paper today that this guy believes that we should ban all car commercials because it causes people to be obsessed with cars and be motivated to buy new ones, thus causing americas problems. He compared it to cigarette commercials and he said that its necessary and blah blah blah.

h00t_h00t
02-06-2006, 05:10 PM
If people stopped buying cars the world's economy would be crippled.

cmcpokey
02-06-2006, 05:13 PM
and besides, who would be obsessed with cars??

nobody here

h00t_h00t
02-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Anyone who has a picture of a car as there desktop is obsessed....

.... Arse

Wolf03
02-06-2006, 05:16 PM
.... Arse

And what would you recommned as a desktop picture...:rolleyes:...you know...I'm just curious what other people have as their desktop...

cmcpokey
02-06-2006, 05:17 PM
(sarcasm there buddy)

ruim20
02-06-2006, 05:19 PM
car fanatic... what's that? :p

i have no ideia... speaking of cars...

"Clevor" Angel
02-06-2006, 05:36 PM
People obsessed with cars, what a stupid inclination. Next they'll be telling us there are whole websites dedicated to cars!:rolleyes:

taz_rocks_miami
02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I read in the paper today that this guy believes that we should ban all car commercials because it causes people to be obsessed with cars and be motivated to buy new ones, thus causing americas problems. He compared it to cigarette commercials and he said that its necessary and blah blah blah.

Next thing you know, this guy will be telling people to stop buying food cuz their too fat. ;)

Blue Supra
02-06-2006, 05:42 PM
whats a car?

NSXType-R
02-06-2006, 06:06 PM
That's kinda hard to impliment. With GM depending on them I don't see how they're going to market their Red Tag event.

deffenbaugh03
02-06-2006, 06:24 PM
.... Arse

I'm an arse then and proud of it

kingofthering
02-06-2006, 08:09 PM
whats a car?
you are on the wrong forum:rolleyes:

Sweeney921
02-06-2006, 08:55 PM
so "this guy"'s gonna singlehandedly force all of the car companies from making commercials, and the TV channels from airing them?

2ndclasscitizen
02-06-2006, 08:58 PM
that's so f'ing stupid, that's the whole point of advertising

eyebrows
02-07-2006, 12:18 AM
yes we all need TV ads to be obsessed with cars... what a noob!

TVR IS KING
02-07-2006, 12:51 AM
I would say, most of everyone here...judging on the desktop thread.
It isnt obsession, its just what we're interested in. What do you expect our desktops to be?

Yes and...if you can find a reason to ban car commercials...then you could find a reason to ban anything. The Pepsy Max add on at the moment? ITS WRONG, it may have no sugar, but thers fats and other shit in it I dont quite understand...
And the Cereal add thats on now...How dare they call her a "Kellogs Crunchy nut"? And that poor milk! :'(

Coventrysucks
02-07-2006, 01:14 AM

Why just car commercials?

Why not commercials for PCs, washing powder and Coca Cola?

Stupid people who think that car ads are the root cause of America's problems are the root cause of America's problems.

Why would no car ads be a bad thing anyway?

Few of them are worth paying attention to.

Matra et Alpine
02-07-2006, 05:20 AM
British TV ads are not longer allowed to demosntrate excessive speed and have for a while. It's why you get so many funny, quirky, clever ads these days.
I long for the days of the Peugeot ad where it was shown driving so fast it set fire to cornfields behind it :D

Never understimate what the church-going, politically correct, small minded minority activist can achieve :(

kingofthering
02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
it seems that in america as long as you have a politian backing you and several supporters you can ban anything you don't like or if its politically incorrect, such as gay marrige or handguns in san francisco

VtecMini
02-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Gawd bless the land of the free!

h00t_h00t
02-07-2006, 05:20 PM
British TV ads are not longer allowed to demosntrate excessive speed and have for a while. It's why you get so many funny, quirky, clever ads these days.
I long for the days of the Peugeot ad where it was shown driving so fast it set fire to cornfields behind it :D

Never understimate what the church-going, politically correct, small minded minority activist can achieve :(
That Saab V6 turbo advert ONLY advertises how fast it is.

2ndclasscitizen
02-07-2006, 05:27 PM
tv ads have been an issue in oz for a couple of years now. The manufacturers signed off on a sort of voluntary code of conduct, saying they won't show speed and dangerous driving in their ads. Mitsubishi pulled an ad featuring an AWD Magna racing a Commy and Falc on a dirt road, but interestingly, Holden keeps on flogging ads with SS utes doing doughies and burnouts to AC/DC tracks

h00t_h00t
02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow, australian ads are so classy.

2ndclasscitizen
02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow, australian ads are so classy.
the Holden are ads are just being realistic, thats why you buy an SS (or XR8 as well)