PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall (Opel) Monaro

Rambo_2007
02-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Have look at this car and see what you think

jorismo
02-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I think that you just created 3 the same threads...

But nonetheless, Welcome to UCP! Hope you stick around!
Please watch out with your 'back' button next time ;)

Rambo_2007
02-08-2006, 09:03 AM
whoops 2 many threads

jorismo
02-08-2006, 09:06 AM
whoops 2 many threads

That's ok, you're new here. You're not the first who did such thing :p

Vaigra
02-08-2006, 09:07 AM
yes, Jorismo, I'm sure you've done it before :p

BTW, welcome to UCP, Rambo :)

nota
02-08-2006, 09:09 AM
I've never seen a european car like that before :eek:

Pando
02-08-2006, 09:11 AM
First impression of the picture? The number plate looks chopped. But it's probably just reflection playing tricks.

Welcome to UCP, Rambo!

Pando
02-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I've never seen a european car like that before :eek:
Yep, we made it. We crazy Europeans. Now let's change subject. :)

jorismo
02-08-2006, 09:17 AM
yes, Jorismo, I'm sure you've done it before :p

At least I dare to admit I did so (in a dark past)

nota
02-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Yep, we made it. We crazy Europeans. Now let's change subject. :)
Orrite :)

Saw 'Riot On' the docco on Riot Entertainment. You guys are definitely crazy ..

Rambo_2007
02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
if you want anymore infomation on the engine in the car, it has 6.0L V8 engine.

dydzi
02-08-2006, 09:41 AM

yea... and you boring aussies should stop talking and make a car as good as this one

Pando
02-08-2006, 03:10 PM

But that would just be us Finns... :D I havn't even had a chance to see the movie "yet", but I've heard the wild stories behind it... Quite funny idea if you ask me. :D

edit:
Why did I find Adelaide Film Festival as the first related option when I googled Riot On?? Oh well.

For the people not familiar with the movie/true story:

Riot On! shows what happens to a bunch of nobodies from Finland who believe they will become billionaires by creating a company with 20 million dollars invested in them by corporate giants like Nokia, News Corporation and the Bush and Bin Laden families.

Basically they hired all their friends and burned millions in having fun. :) I wish I had friends like that.

2ndclasscitizen
02-08-2006, 09:38 PM
if you want anymore infomation on the engine in the car, it has 6.0L V8 engine.
or you could go to http://www.hsv.com.au

Volvoman
02-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pando

Yep, we made it. We crazy Europeans. Now let's change subject.

A Vauxhall or Opel badge does not a European car make. It is still a True Blue Aussie car. Built in Melbourne no less.

Pando
02-15-2006, 08:00 AM
A Vauxhall or Opel badge does not a European car make. It is still a True Blue Aussie car. Built in Melbourne no less.No, it's... err... based on the Vectra... yeah, that's right the Vectra and built by hmm... German engineers using French parts under British supervision and I'm pretty sure they had some Italians on the payroll aswell... and some Poles supplied the vodka so the Finns could get drunk... while the Swedes were debating. So there you go: European. :rolleyes:

clutch-monkey
02-15-2006, 08:13 AM
No, it's... err... based on the Vectra... yeah, that's right the Vectra and built by hmm... German engineers using French parts under British supervision and I'm pretty sure they had some Italians on the payroll aswell... and some Poles supplied the vodka so the Finns could get drunk... while the Swedes were debating. So there you go: European. :rolleyes:
i'd have sworn it was built by a pair of trained madagascan cyber monkeys using parts salvaged from VW and SEAT under neo-nazi supervision in a tool shed in denmark.

Matra et Alpine
02-15-2006, 08:14 AM
No, it's... err... based on the Vectra... yeah, that's right the Vectra and built by hmm... German engineers using French parts under British supervision and I'm pretty sure they had some Italians on the payroll aswell... and some Poles supplied the vodka so the Finns could get drunk... while the Swedes were debating. So there you go: European. :rolleyes:
The Monaro is pure Aussie. You have to go back to a tenuous link to the Opel Commodore.

We didnt' have a hand in it other then the Brits demanding it and buying every one they were willing to ship :D

nota
02-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Pando

A Vauxhall or Opel badge does not a European car make. It is still a True Blue Aussie car. Built in Melbourne no less.
Welcome to the Volvoman :)

Just a minor technicality I know .. but about 45% of your True Blue Aussie car is fully imported, including engine/transmission

Btw Holdens are manufactured in Adelaide - a 9 hour drive from Melbourne

MrKipling
02-15-2006, 09:52 AM
He swings.... he misses.

I need to drive that Monaro at some point. It looks like fun, but I'll need an airfield I think.

Welcome to UCP. And all that.

SlickHolden
02-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the Volvoman :)

Just a minor technicality I know .. but about 45% of your True Blue Aussie car is fully imported, including engine/transmission

Btw Holdens are manufactured in Adelaide - a 9 hour drive from Melbourne
But how is this for a shock, My mate delivered the first bunch of 6LT Monaros to be shipped overseas, This was before it was ready to go, Down here that was 2, He had his Phone removed truck checked and truck searched, Plus he had a Security guard with him, He said it was the Monaro it looked like a BMW front grill with 6LT badge on it. The rest was coverd. I said that's the GTO. He said the guy loading them on board said these engines are to powerful for Australia:p Cough. 6LT HSV GTO:p

nota
02-15-2006, 01:25 PM
He said the guy loading them on board said these engines are to powerful for Australia:p Cough. 6LT HSV GTO:p
:D

*cough* 2001-on HSV GTS (400hp Callaway C4B) *cough gasp splutter burp* :rolleyes: