PDA

View Full Version : Since joining the UCP Forums.....

fpv_gtho
03-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Since joining the UCP forums, do you feel that you've changed as a person, or that you've learnt more about yourself? For me personally i think that i've changed heaps from the influence of others such as Egg Nog, crisis, NoOne, Wouter and Matra. Go back to my pre-1000 post days and you could probably pick alot of Ford-bias in my posts, especially in the Australian cars section. Now that i've got 3500+ posts, i feel that i express my opinions alot easier and can see both sides of a story alot clearer.

One thing though that keeps getting me whenever its brought up, is everyone's perception of my maturity. It all started ages ago last year, but i forget what the discussion was. Falcon500 noted that he was blown away when he realised that i was only 15, and to this day i still get the red face happening whenever someone mentions i've either got alot of maturity or its hard to believe im so young, and i keep asking myself "what is it that everyone ele sees that im not?"

IBrake4Rainbows
03-04-2004, 01:50 AM
dude, your reading waaaaay to much into this place.

Granted, i do enjoy it, but has it changed me as a person, no. i may be more knowledgeable about cars and certainly better off with my car pic collection, but in reality i am not that changed.

don't let the young thing stop you, i'm only 15 as well, maturity does not come with age, as most wines, but with experiance. you are a good poster, reflected in your reputation, and i hope the website has helped in your argument building abilities, but in reality, don't let it take over your life, get out there in your community and join a club, or something more personal. god, i sound like and ad!

one thing though, the website has changed me in one respect, i've never been able to gather peoples opinions on certain subjects from around the world so easily. sweet.

henk4
03-04-2004, 04:40 AM
UCP has changed my life considerably, but for reasons that only some of you are fully aware of. ;)