PDA

View Full Version : New Ford Escape...

adrenaline
02-09-2006, 04:02 AM
https://www.ford.com.au/motorshow/melbourne2006/newescape/

Kinda looks like a kluger...IMO its boring...but definately better looking than the last one...lets hope they've changed the interior!!

SlickHolden
02-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Got Territory headlights, Why don't they just let this go it's toast who would buy one over the Territory anyway?.

Mr. Jinx
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
lets hope they've changed the interior!!
with you there! the current one is awful!
The shame is, the Mercury Mariner had a decent, AND a floor mounted gear box! we should have got that lol

EDIT: i refreshed my memory of the manirer, and its as hopeless as the escape

fpv_gtho
02-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Looks ugly, definately a step back from the ZA/ZB.

And who does Ford think theyre kidding calling it a genuine SUV? A centre diff a genuine SUV does not make.....

Mr. Jinx
02-10-2006, 12:25 AM
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i1059/105907_3mg.jpg
new tribute interior....same should go for escape
the amazing thing is, its nice!

adrenaline
02-12-2006, 12:01 AM
omg thats actually nice...and slick, id say people would buy it because they cant afford a tezza...the escapes 7k cheaper isnt it??

fpv_gtho
02-12-2006, 12:05 AM
7K Sounds about right, plus the Escape is far better as far as fuel economy goes, thanks to the 4cyl

SlickHolden
02-12-2006, 12:43 AM
omg thats actually nice...and slick, id say people would buy it because they cant afford a tezza...the escapes 7k cheaper isnt it??
I would rather go broke just so i could get the territory:p, Much better all round car to drive i like it:)

adrenaline
02-12-2006, 12:46 AM
That i agree with..

fpv_gtho
02-12-2006, 12:51 AM
At least theyve gotten rid of the column shift now in the Escape/Tribute. That brought constant criticism

SlickHolden
02-12-2006, 12:58 AM
I have only ever known U.S cars with column shifts:p
All there movies column shifts:D

fpv_gtho
02-12-2006, 01:00 AM
I think everyones had them at some point in time, just not for a very long time without a bench front seat....

SlickHolden
02-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Last i remember was my grandfathers old????? HR i think I'm bad with older model cars:D.

fpv_gtho
02-12-2006, 01:12 AM
my mum had a 73 Fairmont with a column shift.

you have to wonder why some manufacturers didnt do T-bars as soon as they could when they were still using hydraulic auto's

SlickHolden
02-12-2006, 01:17 AM
They used to be great fun until they got jammed and you only had 1st gear:p jump out and pop the linkage out of 1st worked everytime:D.

Revolution
02-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Ughh, ugly. The big chrome grille does nothing for me, its too much like a truck.
On a different note, the Mitsubishi Colt CVT has the gear lever on the column.

2ndclasscitizen
02-12-2006, 02:17 AM
it looks like a Tezza fuc*ed a Forester

fpv_gtho
02-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Column or dash? Alot of new cars have a T bar coming out of the dash to make it more ergonomic

IBrake4Rainbows
02-12-2006, 04:39 AM
Today's "In" interior treatment, Black shiny plastic, courtesy of Ford Australia.

Seriously though, the wheels are terrible, the front looks tacked on, and the interior is a marked improvement, but the new RAV4's got it all over this car.

fpv_gtho
02-12-2006, 04:43 AM
I'd take black anyday over a US style beige on light grey :p

SlickHolden
02-12-2006, 06:48 AM
It's a good thing there are Aussies over in the U.S designing cars:D

fpv_gtho
02-12-2006, 05:47 PM
If your thinkin Mike Simcoe, i reckon alot of his stuff went downhill after the Monaro...

SlickHolden
02-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Wolf is it max wolf?. I think he done the?? something:)

IBrake4Rainbows
02-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Max Wolff, creator of the SSX concept?

adrenaline
02-13-2006, 05:31 AM
If your thinkin Mike Simcoe, i reckon alot of his stuff went downhill after the Monaro...
Yeah he isnt that great....his favourite project was/ is the VE according to him...and from what everyone has seen it doesnt look 'revolutionary' as he described it a year or so ago....

SlickHolden
02-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Max Wolff, creator of the SSX concept?
He might have done the other AWD the TX2? The ugly one:p

adrenaline
02-14-2006, 03:05 AM
The new face of the escape is a ford Oz affair, right?? Because it really suxxxx. i was just thining about it...if this is really the newest work of ford oz then im getting worried....bring back the old less ugly one!!!

fpv_gtho
02-14-2006, 03:16 AM
I doubt it was something Ford Oz would do...I'd hope they'd know you cant cut and shut designs to that degree...

Mr. Jinx
02-14-2006, 05:11 AM
The new face of the escape is a ford Oz affair, right??
looks pretty american

SlickHolden
02-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Ugly:D Inside isnt to bad.

Blitz_
02-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Its american allrite, how can you tell?? the three bar grille of course, part of Ford US's global look. I pray at night that it wont carry over to the next falcon, it simply ins't a part of Australian styling.

Mr. Jinx
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
indeed, that grille holds a bit of resemblence to the F truck

adrenaline
02-15-2006, 12:39 AM
The redesign is an australian exlusive...so id think that oz had something to do with it...but yeah that grill is very much their corporate look...so i think dearborne has stuck their finger in too far....

and sorry but id say theres a 99% chance that the falcon will have the 3 bar grille....thats all i can think of...because J mays said the falcon would take the nose off the fusion...but take it a step further...and then theres all this crap about the iosis...so i think what mays was referring to was ford's corporate look grille...

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 12:46 AM
I think its starting to grow on me you know...From the original pic though you'd swear theyve drastically increased the front overhang..

Blitz_
02-15-2006, 03:11 AM
The redesign is an australian exlusive...so id think that oz had something to do with it...but yeah that grill is very much their corporate look...so i think dearborne has stuck their finger in too far....

and sorry but id say theres a 99% chance that the falcon will have the 3 bar grille....thats all i can think of...because J mays said the falcon would take the nose off the fusion...but take it a step further...and then theres all this crap about the iosis...so i think what mays was referring to was ford's corporate look grille...

mmm i really hope not, i can't, at this stage, really imagine a falcon with that kind of grill, a new one anyway. The iosis, geez, it really isn't a ford, you can see the HEAVY design cues from jag and aston martin a mile away..so you should really be saying the next falcon is half jag, half aston ;) hehehe

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 03:54 AM
The iosis, geez, it really isn't a ford, you can see the HEAVY design cues from jag and aston martin a mile away..so you should really be saying the next falcon is half jag, half aston ;) hehehe

NOT TO MENTION ALL THE RX-8 IN THERE

adrenaline
02-15-2006, 04:46 AM
if orion has a 3 bar grill it could look good...depending on how they do it..maybe texture the chrome...

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 04:54 AM
The grille could be the best thing in the world but it wont mean anything without matching headlights and lower grille. Theyre 3 critical areas that MUST work together....look at the BF's current performance face. XR, FPV and V8 Supercar all share a common look of having the lower grille like an inverted upper grille and can look pretty scary from a rear bumper cam :p

adrenaline
02-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah...im sure that they wont screw up the design...over the last few years ford have showed everyone that they men business in design...

BTW is there any info about FPV's V8 upgrade or replacement...?? I've heard its at it's peak....

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 05:07 AM
If only their marketing backed up their design department...

You know its interesting that the defecit between the Commodore and Falcon sales is almost all accountable in V8 sales, Holden had about 16000 last year to 5000 for Ford.

FPV were saying the engine is near its limits for power extracted through increased efficiency, and due to the long stroke, forced induction is the way forward. Its a load of bull, FPV for some reason or another dont think we want an engine that can rev to 8000rpm. All it needs is some better internals which are readily available in the US.

adrenaline
02-15-2006, 05:14 AM
All it needs is some better internals which are readily available in the US.

Last time FPV went shopping for parts in the US they took home an AP racing twin plate clutch....hahaha

**Im pretty sure it was the US...correct me if im wrong

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 05:15 AM
They only ran into trouble when they tried to personalise it :p Aston Martin amongst others dont seem to have any problem with it

SlickHolden
02-15-2006, 05:16 AM
If only their marketing backed up their design department...

You know its interesting that the defecit between the Commodore and Falcon sales is almost all accountable in V8 sales, Holden had about 16000 last year to 5000 for Ford.

FPV were saying the engine is near its limits for power extracted through increased efficiency, and due to the long stroke, forced induction is the way forward. Its a load of bull, FPV for some reason or another dont think we want an engine that can rev to 8000rpm. All it needs is some better internals which are readily available in the US.
Holden sold 16000 V8's last year?
That could count for 1000 less sales this year with no V8 yet?

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 05:20 AM
I was off 1000 units for both figures, it was 17000 vs 6000 and i read it here:http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/car-review/ce7980.aspx

Go straight to "Mechanical"

SlickHolden
02-15-2006, 05:26 AM
That's amazing, When Fuel prices are up they still want V8's:eek:

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 05:30 AM
I keep telling you, Holdens marketing could sell Hinduism to the Pope....

The only thing they failed with was the Vectra, and ive got a feeling its because its not a local product and the majority of Holdens appeal is because of its supposed "100% Aussie" status

SlickHolden
02-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Also the vectra was priced to high it was at times a direct competitor to a Commodore even if they didnt see it.
It was a much bigger car then most thought.

But i don't see Holden V8 ads anymore since the ute did the thunderstruck ad they got shitty or something?.

How is this part it will go down well:D.

Most car manufacturers would push and prod an ageing model across the line in its last six months of production with minimal changes but not Holden. Instead, the company has made the VZ Commodore the first application in the world of the new L76 version of the Generation IV V8 engine. In the process, Holden has created not only the best factory Commodore model since the nameplate's 1978 introduction, but possibly the best V8 family car ever produced in Australia.

fpv_gtho
02-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Well i think thats where there image came in, people found it hard to believe they should pay more for a smaller car than the Commodore.

SlickHolden
02-16-2006, 06:11 AM
Well i think thats where there image came in, people found it hard to believe they should pay more for a smaller car than the Commodore.
If i was after a med priced car say a Berlina or Acclaim, A CDXI Vectra would also come into consideration well priced, But at the same price it's nuts a little less it's good, More Get ****:p

adrenaline
02-17-2006, 04:28 AM
the majority of Holdens appeal is because of its supposed "100% Aussie" status

It annoys me that so many people say Holden is so great because ALL of their cars are fully australian...lol Ford has more aussie developed models than Holden....lol i predict by 2015 holden will be 99% Korean :D:D:D:D:D

fpv_gtho
02-17-2006, 06:19 AM
Alot of people assume what theyre told rather than find out for themselves, its the nature of society. Apparently Holdenhave so much demand for their "new" korean Barina's that theyre running out of stock

SlickHolden
02-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I seen my first parked Viva the other day, Cute but just like your sister you dont wanna be seen in public with her until your a adult:p
J/k's it's not all that bad looking it's just something i wouldn't buy. Maybe the ladies might grab one there small enough with 4 doors.

fpv_gtho
02-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Well someone with a good eye will still pick it as a Daewoo, especially the new Barina, and associate it with something thats been on the market several years now but being pawned off as a new car

adrenaline
02-18-2006, 06:47 PM
I just found some spy shots of the revised AMERICAN ford escape. I was surprised because it actually looks decent.

The one in the photo is missing the grille...i imagine it would look quite nice with the grille attatched...it looks meaner than the old escape :mad: :mad:

adrenaline
02-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Alot of people assume what theyre told rather than find out for themselves, its the nature of society. Apparently Holdenhave so much demand for their "new" korean Barina's that theyre running out of stock

I expect it to sell hot...$12 990...lol people with low budgets arent looking for high quality aussie built/ designed lol...ive seen a few about too

thatdbeme
02-18-2006, 06:58 PM
i think people, saying the vectra didnt sell because it couldnt compete with a commodore or because it not aussie kinda missed the mark, infact if they stuck Opel badges in them i think they might have sold more, it is competing with a bunch of japanese mid sized cars, and having a euro badge might have helped.

fpv_gtho
02-18-2006, 07:08 PM
That goes without saying though, Opel built the car to sell it against more luxury based cars and Holdens image wasnt ready for that...

fpv_gtho
02-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I just found some spy shots of the revised AMERICAN ford escape. I was surprised because it actually looks decent.

The one in the photo is missing the grille...i imagine it would look quite nice with the grille attatched...it looks meaner than the old escape :mad: :mad:

That looks more like an overhaul than a revision, it looks like theres no carryover panels

SlickHolden
02-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Well someone with a good eye will still pick it as a Daewoo, especially the new Barina, and associate it with something thats been on the market several years now but being pawned off as a new car
The cow next door to me has a daewoo and it looks like the new one still.

i think people, saying the vectra didnt sell because it couldnt compete with a commodore or because it not aussie kinda missed the mark, infact if they stuck Opel badges in them i think they might have sold more, it is competing with a bunch of japanese mid sized cars, and having a euro badge might have helped.
The old vectra sold fine, This new one was a step forward in euro looks, And a big leap in price, My mum wants one and i would Love to drive it myself i think they are a mice car and it's a shame to see them go.

adrenaline
06-08-2006, 04:39 AM
ZC Ford Escape officially revealed (7/6/06)

http://www.americancarfans.com/news/2060607.002/2060607.002.mini1L.jpg

http://www.americancarfans.com/news/2060607.002/2060607.002.mini2L.jpg

(More Images)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/acf/newsID/2060607.002/ford/new-ford-zc-escape-suv-revealed-au

-------------------------------------------------------------

Certainly a much better looker this time around!! The interior looks great, very very classy especially with the 2 screens and the volume knob inspiration from the falcon/ territory. Indicators on the mirrors look good too. They've styled it toward the tezza...hopefully they can get some solid sales out of it now!!

IBrake4Rainbows
06-08-2006, 04:45 AM
I don't like the wheels, and the exterior's 'mini-explorer' look won't do it any favours, but that interior ain't half bad - the wood looks contemporary and non-plastic, which marks a nice change.

Would I buy one? No. but i think other people will.

SlickHolden
06-08-2006, 04:50 AM
They almost nailed the interior there minus one thing, Where the vents are and it's wood grain that should have come to meet the centre console like holden and ford do with there cars, And maybe a steering wheel? But i like brighter colours more appealing now a days they are, Yeah you can see Territory in the lights and it's slightly in the overall look as much as they could do without making the territory.
Hey them dials look VY:eek: But they look good in it.
I wish Aussie built cars would use the blinkers on the mirrors some day it really keeps your eyes up higher in stead of looking low down.
It's better then the old thing forsure hope it runs better to.

They called it a AU?? Action utility:) now i get it.

adrenaline
06-08-2006, 06:28 AM
I wish Aussie built cars would use the blinkers on the mirrors some day it really keeps your eyes up higher in stead of looking low down.

*Screams out E8*....well hopefully anyway

It's better then the old thing forsure hope it runs better to.
You get taiwan engineering on the mechanical side (Dont know if thats good or bad) and a whole 1kW increase:D

Just wondering if ford called the '99 falcon "AU" because AU is the chemical symbol for gold....just a thought!!:D Then there was COPPERhead...Im sensing a pattern here!!! (Or maybe I'm really bored)

SlickHolden
06-08-2006, 10:05 AM
*Screams out E8*....well hopefully anyway

You get taiwan engineering on the mechanical side (Dont know if thats good or bad) and a whole 1kW increase:D

Just wondering if ford called the '99 falcon "AU" because AU is the chemical symbol for gold....just a thought!!:D Then there was COPPERhead...Im sensing a pattern here!!! (Or maybe I'm really bored)
I feel a song coming onn..... You better stay away from copper head road:D

They got a whole 1kw!:eek: Wooooooo I'm going to them i need 1 also:D

Someone said the VE was going to have the blinkers on the mirrors but i cant see that anywhere maybe next time:)

adrenaline
06-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Someone said the VE was going to have the blinkers on the mirrors but i cant see that anywhere maybe next time

The only VE mirrors we have seen are carry over. I doubt that they would use VZ mirrors on the VE (Its not like they're running on a tight budget...:D) So theres still a chance of new VE mirrors...

Mr. Jinx
06-09-2006, 05:37 AM
I think its the website who did that, just to signify this is destined for the Australian market, since they don't have an Australian section on their site.

I think the model designation is ZC.

fpv_gtho
06-09-2006, 09:24 AM
The only VE mirrors we have seen are carry over. I doubt that they would use VZ mirrors on the VE (Its not like they're running on a tight budget...:D) So theres still a chance of new VE mirrors...

I thought they confirmed awhile ago the VZ mirrors were carryover...

If Ford stick them in for '08, Holden could have them lined up for VF, or wait till 2010-ish with the mid life model, provided theyre still working on an 8 year cycle

PerfAdv
06-09-2006, 09:32 AM
It looks the same as before except for grill and headlights.

I like the center console design. The interior looks more like the Mercury Mariner, a nicer re-badged Escape.

Also, for 2005 Mazda Tribute got this interior minus the super-modern looking HVAC/stereo controls...

Mr. Jinx
06-09-2006, 10:14 PM
They are actually the same, but just silver on the Escape. Kind of a role reversal considering the BA/ZB Escape had a black centre console, and the Mazda had a silver one :p

I think I posted the Tribute interior pic in one of the earlier pages.

SlickHolden
06-10-2006, 04:04 AM
I think its the website who did that, just to signify this is destined for the Australian market, since they don't have an Australian section on their site.

I think the model designation is ZC.
Ohh yep i see now:D Silly me must have been the hit to the head last night:p

If Ford stick them in for '08, Holden could have them lined up for VF, or wait till 2010-ish with the mid life model, provided theyre still working on an 8 year cycle
I wonder by VF will we see the full torana front end?
I had a blew with some GM guys on the GM insiders. They all won't a peace of what holden has + cheap. My one and only question was whats in it for holden? You would have thought i started a international fight:p.
Many said these things.
1: Cheaper development.
2: Lower cost at the dealers.
3: Larger profits.
4: Helping GM out worldwide.
5: More Aussie jobs.
6: More options standard offered at cheaper prices.
bla bla bla.

I said there is nothing cheaper, There was no real help in the development on the Commodore, There was a helping hand with the statesman, Holden can't be a single hand in helping GM out, They shouldn't be used and dragged down, They laid of a whole shift, More content is going overseas, The VE is about the same spec or slightly more across the range, It's more expensive, Fairenought the suppliers they do have will get more work then ever before with more exports.
But overall there is nothing for Holden and Australia it's all to be honest GM/NA. Went down like a KKK member in Harlem.

Maybe the next all new Commodore might get some help in the development but that is a long time away. Something as global as the Commodore should give Holden a guarantee to build here for a long time.

I had some tell me that i should be happy to have holden share there cars, I said nowhere did i say i don't want holden to export or share the platform they just should get something in return, One guy apologised on behalf of all Australians for me:eek: I went ell crappy on him:p, I wasn't rude flaming or anything nothing, But i did let that bloke have it:D

adrenaline
06-10-2006, 09:42 PM

OOPS...Dammit I must have missed that