PDA

View Full Version : most comfortable car ever!

austinreed2
05-02-2003, 05:10 AM
the most comfortable car ever would have to be the maybach 62 with the lazy boy back seats its so comfy looking it looks just like a limo here are some pics of it!

austinreed2
05-02-2003, 05:13 AM
here this too:)

Kossy
05-03-2003, 02:53 AM
Ive got a mate who got a private viewing of the Rolls Royce Phantom and the Maybach 62 and he says the Roller was at least twice as good.

LEGALLYINSANE
05-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Kossy
Ive got a mate who got a private viewing of the Rolls Royce Phantom and the Maybach 62 and he says the Roller was at least twice as good.
If I had to pick looks too, I'd go with the Rolls. I mean the logo in the center of the wheels stays straight up when it is moving! How cool is that!?

elfangor
05-04-2003, 03:07 PM
The Phantom looks really impressive, but I've sat inside my friend's Rolls Royce and the seats were not really that ergonomic.

austinreed2
05-04-2003, 06:34 PM
well i think elfangon is cool,but not kossy well im not an idiot,does the phantom have the lazboy back seats and dvd players on the front seats !!!!

Meluion
05-07-2003, 01:01 PM
The most comfortable car I was ever in, was a Opel Zafira; the reasonably high seating position was excellent for my back.

kinan.f
05-08-2003, 07:12 AM
The Rolls Royce is just comfortable but I think the Maybach is much better...Yes the Maybach 62 is the most comfortable car....

ltauam
05-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Maybach or Rolls ?

I would never comment on how comfortable a car is before I've actually sat in one for a long trip. Pictures tell you nothing.

astondbr9
04-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Nope. The Rolls Royce Phantom is the most comfortable car ever.

astondbr9
04-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Some Pics Of The Phantom...

http://www.frankdale.com/6448/images%20%5B6448%5D/17%20Rolls-Royce%20Phantom%20V-interior%206448.jpg

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/misc/roller_phantom3.jpg

http://www.vgdauto.com/phantom/SideFrmRear.jpg

http://www.nextcar.com.au/i.rollsroyce.100EX.and.phantom.04oct.JPG

Coventrysucks
04-04-2005, 06:43 AM
It isn't as comfy as an SLR.

drakkie
04-04-2005, 07:10 AM
the most comfortable car ever is the Citroen DS or the CX.very comfy (french) seats, and offcourse the Hydropneumatic suspension make it very very comfy.

dydzi
04-04-2005, 07:41 AM
i bet bugatti royale is veeery comfortable, it was made especially for kings and queens only

Misho
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Nope. The Rolls Royce Phantom is the most comfortable car ever.

what a great post to revive an almost 2 year old dead thread !!

anyways, thanks for the pics. its the first time i see that Phantom Limo.
judging from pics, the Maybach backseat LOOKS more comfy than the Phantom. as said earlier by ltauam, pics do not tell the whole truth about the comfort of back seats.

can anyone verify LEGALLYINSANE's comment "I mean the logo in the center of the wheels stays straight up when it is moving! How cool is that!?"
If true, then that is definitely cool !!

VtecMini
04-04-2005, 09:56 AM
The Rolls Royce Phantom is the most comfortable car ever.Sat in every single car ever, have you?

No. Precisely. Now go rethink your statement and come back when you have a balanced viewpoint. There's a good chap.

dydzi
04-04-2005, 11:44 AM
anyways, thanks for the pics. its the first time i see that Phantom Limo

its made by von genaddi

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12098

Coventrysucks
04-04-2005, 11:48 AM
can anyone verify LEGALLYINSANE's comment "I mean the logo in the center of the wheels stays straight up when it is moving! How cool is that!?"
If true, then that is definitely cool !!

Yes, it is true. The badge at the wheel centre is weighted so that is always vertical.

MrBikerMan
04-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Some body please correct me if I'm wrong

The Maybach was originally designed by Mercedes before they merged with chrysler. But it has been manufactured and produced by Chrysler. So totally different from a rolls royce.

I always kinda thought spinners was a cool idea, just way over "pimped". The badge at the center is such a good idea!!! its like the opposite of spinners and its not for acting like a black guy on MTV or BET.

targa
04-06-2005, 01:12 PM
The Maybach was originally designed by Mercedes before they merged with chrysler. But it has been manufactured and produced by Chrysler.i dont know, the prototypes debut under Mercedes-Maybach, so ~

MrBikerMan
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
i dont know, the prototypes debut under Mercedes-Maybach, so ~

Chrysler owns the Mercedes name, so couldn't they call it that if they wanted?

targa
04-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Chrysler owns the Mercedes name, so couldn't they call it that if they wanted?i think, technically, daimler ownes chrysler, and daimler also owns mercedes, and maybach....

since daimler owns chrysler...they own all facets of it

Matra et Alpine
04-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Chrysler owns the Mercedes name, so couldn't they call it that if they wanted?
You and a few million other Chrysler stock owner thought that was the deal.

It wasn't, Daimiler OWNS Chrysler, the strings are pulled in Stuttgart

There is ONE ex-Chrysler person on the board of Daimler !!

QuattroMan
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
the most comfortable car ever would have to be the maybach 62 with the lazy boy back seats its so comfy looking it looks just like a limo here are some pics of it!

to bad it's also called the most ugliest car,it better be the most comfortable car if im going to spend $300k ;)

Coventrysucks
04-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Some body please correct me if I'm wrong

The Maybach was originally designed by Mercedes before they merged with chrysler. But it has been manufactured and produced by Chrysler. So totally different from a rolls royce.

Parent company:
DaimlerChrysler

Brands:
Mercedes Car Group:
Maybach
Mercedes Benz
Smart

Chrysler Group:
Chrysler
Dodge
Jeep

The Maybach is from Mercedes, but they decided that they would simply nick all the bits out of the S-Klasse parts bin and then put them in a slightly longer car, and up the price by 100%.

Rolls Royce on the other hand is almost completely bespoke - apart from things like nuts, bolts and a few oily bits and wires it doesn't share much with any other BMW.

carlover
04-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I think this thread just took the record for oldest revived thread. Congrats, astondbr9! :rolleyes:

targa
04-06-2005, 07:45 PM
to bad it's also called the most ugliest car,it better be the most comfortable car if im going to spend $300k ;)ha ha, you said "most ugliest"

kennyknoxville
04-07-2005, 01:50 AM
just looking at the interior of the maybach makes me feel comfy

MrBikerMan
04-07-2005, 03:12 AM
You and a few million other Chrysler stock owner thought that was the deal.

Hahaha I would NEVER own any stock from DaimlerChrysler or any subsidaries, even if they were booming. (which I believe they are now) I cant stand that company!!!!! Especially the Jeeps!!!!! ARGGGHH

Fleet 500
04-07-2005, 09:12 PM
The rear compartment of my '76 Cadillac limo is pretty comfortable. And, the seat seems to be longer... 21 inches... (front to back/fore and aft) than the Maybach in the photo. My limo also has fold-up footrests, reading lights, rear radio control, rear (separate from the front) climate control and power-operated glass partition window.

Lagonda
04-08-2005, 10:26 AM
The most comfortable car I was ever in, was a Opel Zafira; the reasonably high seating position was excellent for my back.

Really, that's maybe the most uncomfortable car I've ever sat in. Extremely hard seats. They hurted my back and ass.

Most comfortable car: about any big Citroën with hydropneumatique. I can tell you for a fact that the Maybach seats aren't wonderfull. The Roller's seats are good.

QuattroMan
04-08-2005, 11:01 AM
ha ha, you said "most ugliest"

great minds think alike :D

McReis
04-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I can't say much about modern cars. But there were some classic cars in wich I made some trips that really were outstanding. Some were old Bentley and RR's of people I know. They were fantastic for their age.
But the cars that really were out of this world were, obviously, the old Citroens. The TA 11cv 6 cylinders was the most fantastic surprise, because I wasn't expecting a car of that age to be so quiet and feel so modern. It's really great.
Of course the DS is a class apart. Other surprises were a ride in an 80's Mercedes 300d with pneumatic suspension fitted (it was heaven. But it wasn't stock) and a ride in a Peugeot 604. Yes you read it right.

Turbonutter55
04-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Probably 1 PR 75 (General De Gaulle's personal Citroen DS). American limo technology only just caught up and the current Prezmobile (meant to be a Cadillac DHS) is based on some kind of military vehicle AND is on old-style runflat tyres with steel discs inside so the ride can't be that good.

jcp123
04-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I might be biased but I think even the good ol '66 Cad I'm gettin would give that thing a run for its money. Cloud-like suspension, power everything...

MRR
04-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Maybach 62

Fleet 500
04-08-2005, 07:29 PM
I might be biased but I think even the good ol '66 Cad I'm gettin would give that thing a run for its money. Cloud-like suspension, power everything...
One of my Cadillac friends owns a '66 Fleetwood Brougham. Really nice and comfortable interior: