PDA

View Full Version : hahahaha unintentional racism :p

d-quik
02-12-2006, 03:13 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/nword.wmv

"niggahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA loser

Matra et Alpine
02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
A teacher claims he is "trained to insult" ??
WTF ???
NO wonder you guys are so screwed up about education !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least "upon reflection" he realised it was "not good".
Sorry, he should have been trained a helluva lot better than THAT.

The losers IMHO are those who think it's OK to use and repeat the word that SO MANY find offensive.

Anyone know what else he was suspended for ?
Maybe bringing a gun to school and shooting someone ? After all others did THAT too once :(

Matra et Alpine
02-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Now if it had been THIS about censorship it woudl have been funny !!!

http://www.break.com/index/kimmel28.html

Wolf03
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't get it...what's the big deal. I mean, even at my school, all the people swear and say whatever they want and it has no impact. That's because everyone accepted the words and I don't get this thing with "swear" words...one day, gay means happy, the next, a homosexual.

In Romanian, the colour black is called "negru" and that's the colour black...now does that mean I shoud get suspended or whatever for speaking in my language?

My point is that people take "swearing" way too seriously.

d-quik
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
what parta canada u from?

Matra et Alpine
02-12-2006, 05:05 PM
You have to put it into context Wolf ...

Would you feel comfortable being called a gypsy by a teacher ??

Wolf03
02-12-2006, 05:40 PM
You have to put it into context Wolf ...

Would you feel comfortable being called a gypsy by a teacher ??

But that's the thing...I'm not a gypsy...

My point was about the so-called offensive words....the definition of the n-word is an "offensive" term used to call black people...this is not about calling someone something they're not.

Plus...if a teacher would call someone a gypsy...I really doubt they'd get suspended and get as much attention as this teacher. The thing is...gypsy is not an offensive word...it's a word describing a select group of people living in Romania...The fact that gypsies steal, cheat and make Romania look bad, is a whole nother idea.

Matra et Alpine
02-12-2006, 06:08 PM
But that's the thing...I'm not a gypsy...
And the "N" word has a history of a totally different meaning and why it has been raised as objectionable by many.

So you are NOT a Gypsy, what if you were getting called it.
( BTW this is a common problem in teh UK and Gypsies over here are treated abysmally )
I had a Romanian friend and colleague.
To himn beign labeledd Gypsy/Romany was a major offense - that was why I asked ( maybe it's not so much for current generations )

it's a word describing a select group of people living in Romania...The fact that gypsies steal, cheat and make Romania look bad, is a whole nother idea.
and that's the point I was making.
You would feel happy being called a thief every day in school and work ?
BTW, having also had this conversation with PROPER Romany-stock then I have to also defend the Gypsy as not all are thieves !!!!!

Imagine the worst racial insult you have experienced. Now imagine that in a classroom. That was the point being made. "N" may mean little to you or me. Perhaps you are too young to have experienced racism, I dont' know.

PS Coucesu and his supporters are what made ROmania look bad !!!!!

my porsche
02-12-2006, 07:14 PM
ok well heres what i think

the guy's an idiot, there are some things you just dont say, even though its seemingly totally acceptable for blacks and hispanics to go around calling eachother niggers, and us Honkeys and crackers, you just cant say the N word

i dont know why, it seems like either it should be accepted or NO ONE should say it, but you dont see whites going around calling each other honkeys and crackers why should it be any different for blacks

d-quik
02-12-2006, 07:18 PM
well its cuz in north america black people DID get cracked by white people, so it isn't really the same

Viper007
02-12-2006, 07:24 PM
A teacher claims he is "trained to insult" ??
WTF ???
NO wonder you guys are so screwed up about education !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least "upon reflection" he realised it was "not good".
Sorry, he should have been trained a helluva lot better than THAT.

The losers IMHO are those who think it's OK to use and repeat the word that SO MANY find offensive.

Anyone know what else he was suspended for ?
Maybe bringing a gun to school and shooting someone ? After all others did THAT too once :(

Great generalization there, because one teacher does it the whole Education system of America is screwed up. I'm so glad that just because one American did it we all must be further stereotyped.

Matra et Alpine
02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Great generalization there, because one teacher does it the whole Education system of America is screwed up. I'm so glad that just because one American did it we all must be further stereotyped.
Read CAREFULLY what I said.

It was the "trained to insult" part I mentioned.

Not the rest. I won't be tempted to suggset a slight on the teaching of English or Logic :D

coolieman1220
02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
it makes no sense. everybody of every race says nigga. get over it. since when are black ppl sensitive?

ZeTurbo
02-12-2006, 08:58 PM
it makes no sense. everybody of every race says nigga.
i dont say nigga. its disrespectfull. saying niga is like talking don to a black person. a black person can say nigger whenever he wants but no one else cann call him niggerr.

Its like talking about mothers. I can say " my mom is good looking", but if u say "your mom is hot" you better start running ...

Matt
02-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Read CAREFULLY what I said.

It was the "trained to insult" part I mentioned.

Not the rest. I won't be tempted to suggset a slight on the teaching of English or Logic :D

Aren't you the one who advocates dealing with spammers and trouble-makers on the forums by giving back to them what they deal the rest of us?

my porsche
02-12-2006, 10:47 PM
i dont say nigga. its disrespectfull. saying niga is like talking don to a black person. a black person can say nigger whenever he wants but no one else cann call him niggerr.

Its like talking about mothers. I can say " my mom is good looking", but if u say "your mom is hot" you better start running ...
no thats what im saying, blacks SHOULDNT be allowed to call eachother nigger, or then it should just be allowed period. But how is it talking down to black to say it and ok for them to say it, and ok for them to call us derogetory (SP) terms?

d-quik
02-13-2006, 12:25 AM
because their ancestors earned that right

sorta like social reperations <sp?>

Rockefella
02-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Swear words are touchy. Although I swear a lot in my personal life, I rarely ever mean it with intent. For example, me, being of Polish descent, gets playfully called Polock(sp?) as a nickname once in a while. However, if someone was to call me a stupid polock and insult my family/heritage through the negative connotation, I'd be deeply affected.

Matra et Alpine
02-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Aren't you the one who advocates dealing with spammers and trouble-makers on the forums by giving back to them what they deal the rest of us?
ONly as a last resort if you remember the FULL recommended handling options :D We are not in each others space. This is the internet !!

And besides I'm not hear as a "qualified teacher" nor was I "trained to do it".

Remember it was the comment that somewhere along the line of his training as a teacher he got told that was OK I was pointing out. When I work in schools the FIRST THING we're reminded is never to get to their level :D It doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Matra et Alpine
02-13-2006, 03:49 AM
no thats what im saying, blacks SHOULDNT be allowed to call eachother nigger, or then it should just be allowed period. But how is it talking down to black to say it and ok for them to say it, and ok for them to call us derogetory (SP) terms?
aha, now on the latter point you are 100% on.
But because some call "us" deroatory terms doesn't give the right to "us" to call "thmen" derogatory terms !!
Using that as a=priori justification is way off base :(