PDA

View Full Version : Supercharge VS Twin-Turbo

mdk87
03-05-2004, 11:21 AM
I was wondering..between those two, which one's more eligible for G35 sedan?

my old friend has g supercharged, and it beats up m3 with no difficulty..

i juss wonder if twin turbo's better than supercharge.. :cool:

fpv_gtho
03-06-2004, 12:31 AM
my knowledge of the 2 suggests that a twin turbo setup can be alot better, but a supercharged setup is easier to get better the first time. for a G35 though i think it would be easier and more effective to go twin-turbo

mooseTSi
03-06-2004, 01:25 PM
i think a supercharger would be easier to install, but i dont think you would be able to get the power from it that a twin turbo set up would give you. do they make both set ups? check out stillin or somthing they might have specs on it :confused: in my opinion turbos are bettrer

Niko_Fx
03-06-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm going to get a "Twin-TurboCharged Supercharger" :D

Nildo
03-07-2004, 09:22 AM
There are actually cars that are turbo and supercharged. Nissan built a racing Micra, known in japan as the March Super-turbo. The biggest problems with such set-ups are reliability and space.

I think twin turbo will produce more power, but supercharging (which normally I don't support) will give a very fast, livable package with less headaches. The best people to ask are any garages which have already modified the same car either of these ways, to ask about problems, the cost and the results.

megotmea7
03-07-2004, 05:32 PM
i havent heard of a supercharger out for the VQ but i have seen several twin turbo kits surfacing making ~400hp on stock internals, personaly id love to have a twin turbo G35. a supercharger just doesnt look too apealing on that car. it already has a reletivly torquey motor and a "little" top end power couldnt hurt ;)

Nildo
03-08-2004, 09:21 AM
400 hp on stock internals is pretty good. I do wonder though how long it would hang together making that sort of power. I guess it would all come down to tuning and keeping things cool. It would be something to own such a car, that's for sure.

As a very distantly related subject I saw a 240 z with a 1JZ-GTE fitted into it! Now that is different. It was a pretty neat swap, and bloody fast, as you can imagine.

Nildo
03-08-2004, 09:22 AM
400 hp on stock internals is pretty good. I do wonder though how long it would hang together making that sort of power. I guess it would all come down to tuning and keeping things cool. It would be something to own such a car, that's for sure.

As a very distantly related subject I saw a 240 z with a 1JZ-GTE fitted into it! Now that is a twin turbo Z with a difference! It was a pretty neat swap, and bloody fast, as you can imagine.

rikikin
03-24-2004, 04:39 AM
The main thing you have to think about is what you want the t-turbo will give you more top end power but it will take about an 3000-4000rpm to get the hp. when the supercharger will give you the power straight from the start.

1000bhp1000nm
03-24-2004, 11:12 AM
yeah, twin turbos will get you more power and better efficeintcy compared to the super charger, cause tt's run on power that are otherwise wasted down the pipe...while ss's runs directly on the crank...killing efficeintcy ( is that how you spell it? hehe.. :D ) but ss's have intantanoues throtlle respond, and tt's have more top end power...hmm...some thinking needed then... :)

and then it depends on whether you like more power or more reliability,of course theres always a trade off...more power means less reliability and higher cost, less power means better reliability and lower cost...and uh, ss's require less mantainess then tt's thou...

BUT the most important it that you must get a well match turbo for you motor...other then that, get good parts and even better tuning done...with luck, you'll be smoking your friends g-ss's in no time muahhahaa...:D
good luck with the mod..:) please post some pics of your car after the monster mod..:) :cool: