PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4-Door vs 2004 Mustang Standard Coupe

deziking
03-05-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm ganna buy a car soon and i want a good car you know, take the car to school. And when i looked at the ad for mazda 3 damn that car looks good but then theres mustang which is good too and theres mazda 6 thats pretty good too better than mustang and i don't know which one to get so confusing want a nice sporty car. So can you guys tell me which ones good. thanx alot

2004 Mazda 3 s 4-door vs vs 2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 2004 mustang standard coupe :confused:

Spastik_Roach
03-05-2004, 01:47 PM
You have a fair bit of money to spend on a car don't you? I'm a bit confused. You are comparing a Mazda 3 hatchback. with a big old V8 Mustang? Seems a little queer to me...

Well you only need to take a car to school, I suggest one of the Mazda's...

ThoughtlessX8
03-05-2004, 03:07 PM
There is a reason why over the years people have been able to think of about a million negative acronyms for the letters "F-O-R-D". They are are horrible cars. I have driven everything from a Focus to an F-150. And can you guess why they both start with the letter "F". Even though they are unleashing a swarm of new vehicles including the F-150, Mustang, and the new Falcon, their engineering tactics will still be the same: American cost effectiveness. So they are also horrible. While Mazda is owned by Ford, so the two share a lot of the same faults, at least in buying a Mazda, you can say you don't own a Ford. Besides the Mazda 6 handles like a champ. I recently test drove one, and their smooth. The only thing I didn't like about it was the steering was too rigid. The braking left little to be desired as well. All around a nice car to take back and forth to school.

toyota_trevor
03-05-2004, 05:53 PM
There is a reason why over the years people have been able to think of about a million negative acronyms for the letters "F-O-R-D". They are are horrible cars. I have driven everything from a Focus to an F-150. And can you guess why they both start with the letter "F". Even though they are unleashing a swarm of new vehicles including the F-150, Mustang, and the new Falcon, their engineering tactics will still be the same: American cost effectiveness. So they are also horrible. While Mazda is owned by Ford, so the two share a lot of the same faults, at least in buying a Mazda, you can say you don't own a Ford. Besides the Mazda 6 handles like a champ. I recently test drove one, and their smooth. The only thing I didn't like about it was the steering was too rigid. The braking left little to be desired as well. All around a nice car to take back and forth to school.

Hmm...Lets first off say that this is your opinion and its not necessarily true. I would disagree with you that Fords are 'horrilbe cars.' I also have driven everything from a focus to a F-650, and I would not say that everyone is horrible. I could say that some are not my cup of tea, but then again that is my own opinion.

I would also disagree that Ford makes cars for "American cost effectiveness.' I dont need to say anything other than the new Ford GT, but I will continue with the Mustang Cobra R and the F150 SVT Lightning. These cars and truck are not made for cost effectiveness. They are made to fill the void in there lineup and cater to customers tastes. I can be said that the GT has not been easy or cheap to build at all.

And lastly, your comment on owning a Mazda over a Ford, and the two having common faults. I disagree, do you see Aston Martins, also owned by Ford, having the same problams as a mustang.

Overall, I think that you need a little lesson on posting. Dont post your opinion unless asked for it. Also if you are going to post some info, have some facts to back it up.

My pick would be the Mazda 3. I like the hatchback look and the new stlye of the 3 series. I also like the 160 bhp engine and the handling of the previous 3 was excellent. I will say that I dont think that you can go wrong with any of these choices for a car. All have there up and downs, just a matter of finding what fits your driving stlye and what fits into your finance situation.

silverhawk
03-05-2004, 11:45 PM
i own a 92 mazda 929. it drives perfectly & is quite comfortable. dont buy a ford coz itll consume lots of petrol & will have a very low re-sale value- so low that u'll be stuck with it for months trying to sell it. even the spare pasrts are expensive. my dads friend owns an expedition & he rarely uses it bcoz of its high fuel consumption. i would suggest the mazda 6. its not very expensive , looks sporty & the handling is excellent.

fpv_gtho
03-06-2004, 12:27 AM

can i just ask, but what country are you from?

fpv_gtho
03-06-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm ganna buy a car soon and i want a good car you know, take the car to school. And when i looked at the ad for mazda 3 damn that car looks good but then theres mustang which is good too and theres mazda 6 thats pretty good too better than mustang and i don't know which one to get so confusing want a nice sporty car. So can you guys tell me which ones good. thanx alot

2004 Mazda 3 s 4-door vs vs 2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 2004 mustang standard coupe :confused:

i would take the Mazda3, if possible, the SP23

deziking
03-08-2004, 09:06 AM
thank you all for posting your opinions and i think that mazda 3 is best for me i really like that car better than mustang and plus i will add sport package on mazda 3 with 17" alloy wheels whoohoo thanx alot guys one more thing the new 2004 mazda 3 is all of them manual or automatic too. cause i want a automatic one.

crisis
03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
What an idiotic post. You could have actually saved us a lot of trouble by just posting the ubiquitous "Fords suck". It would have been as valid. There are some "horrible" Fords out there but there are plenty that suit more positive adjectives. Paradoxically (yet not surprisingly) you go on to praise a Ford owned companies car , although with some difficulty. By the way, Im a GM fan. Wann give then a spray while your at it?

crisis
03-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Overall, I think that you need a little lesson on posting. Dont post your opinion unless asked for it. Also if you are going to post some info, have some facts to back it up.

While the aptly named ThoughtlessX8's post was lacking in most areas that would constitute a quality post, I dont think that one neccesarily needs an invitation to post an opinion. Understand though, that you will be judged by you words, and as you say , you may need to back up your opinion with a few actual facts , as opposed to sweeping assumptions if you do not wished to be buried.