PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Challenge 3.1

RazaBlade
02-21-2006, 02:34 AM
The winner for Challenge 2.10 is: shockwaveracing

END OF SEASON TALLY
Position this week: name: time: total points (points for this race): overall position:

1st. shockwaveracing--------------3'18.648--------85 (11)----------1
2nd. HondaNSX----------------------3'19.116---------9 (9)---------10
3rd. RazaBlade--------------------3'20.953---------75 (7)-----------2
4th. SolidStradale-----------------3'22.381---------40 (5)-----------3
5th. lordofDskyline-------------------3.23.433--------25 (2)---------6
6th. vantage-v8---------------------3'28.469----------1 (1)--------14
7th. magracer-----------------------3'26.512----------28 (1)--------4
N/A Leenis24----------------------------------------3 (0)----------12
N/A Lord&Master-----------------------------------19 (0)-----------7
N/A Knuto------------------------------------------9 (0)------------9
N/A Radoman---------------------------------------1 (0)-----------14
N/A Dino Scuderia----------------------------------28 (0)-----------4
N/A fa22_raptor------------------------------------12 (0)-----------8
N/A PoRsChEnUt-------------------------------------8 (0)----------11
N/A PerfAdv-----------------------------------------2 (0)----------13

The Rules:

GT4 Challenge 3.1 will start on Wednesday 22nd February 2006.
GT4 Challenge 3.1 will end on Sunday 5th March 2006 at midnight in your respective areas. All times must be submitted by this deadline.

All times submitted must be from Arcade Mode.
The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tyres, aids of the new comp, and also the date for entry submissions.
All future comps will allow unlimited Quicktuning and softest tires in Arcade mode.

You will PM your best time to RazaBlade.
You MUST PM your time to me if you wish for it to be included.

The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
If you have a time that you think will win, take a picture as proof. If you win you will have to present this photo as proof.
If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.

Scoring goes like this:
1st place receives 10 points.
2nd place get 8.
3rd gets 6.
4th gets 4
5nd gets 2.
Everybody else who submits a time receives 1 point.
There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will receive an additional 1 point.

The target time this week, as set by shockwaveracing, was 3'23.000.

Many congratulations to shockwaveracing for very comprehensively wrapping up the Season! Awesome to see so many new names, hopefully you will all continue to enter!! Best of luck for the new Season!

GT4 Challenge 3.1, as set by shockwaveracing

Car: Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
Track: Seoul Central Reverse
No Driving Aids

RazaBlade
02-21-2006, 02:36 AM
Many apologies to the eager ones out there, my internet decided to die on me. Very sorry for the delay.

HondaNSX
02-21-2006, 09:39 AM
damn, i was second.. :)

shockwaveracing is a good driver... :D

magracer
02-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Did a last minute effort for 2.10 which gave lame results. I'm back full time for season 3 opener.

HondaNSX
02-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm back full time for season 3 opener.

So am i.. :D

RazaBlade
02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
as a request shockwave, any chance of making this challenge a 2-weeker? Im going on a road trip to London, leaving Thurs afternoon and back on Sun, so wont have time to even try. Would appreciate it, but its cool if not.

vantage-v8
02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
I cant wait for the next challenge! It is a very fun formula... :)
And well organised..

shockwaveracing
02-22-2006, 01:03 AM
as a request shockwave, any chance of making this challenge a 2-weeker? Im going on a road trip to London, leaving Thurs afternoon and back on Sun, so wont have time to even try. Would appreciate it, but its cool if not.

yeah of course we can make this one a 2 weeker, i will think of a combo later and post it, as for verification, again i will have to get a video made, due to my denseness in not taking the damn photo... :mad:

shockwaveracing
02-22-2006, 05:10 AM
GT4 Challenge 3.1

Times are to be submitted by Sunday 5th of March, 2006, at Midnight in your respective areas

RazaBlade
02-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks very much dude...

painterr
02-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey this looks like fun! Can anyone race? It has been a couple of years since I did any racing on the net!

Radoman
02-25-2006, 04:17 PM
^^^ If you mean racing others over the internet, your shit out of luck. GT4 does not have an online mode.

painterr
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
^^^ If you mean racing others over the internet, your shit out of luck. GT4 does not have an online mode.

Sorry! but I ment I use to race GT on other racing sites. Like you all are doing here. Years past!

shockwaveracing
02-27-2006, 12:44 AM
yeah anyone can participate in these comps...

lordofDskyline
02-28-2006, 05:56 AM
shockwaveracing next challenge choose a race car I hate these stock cars especially this zonda

shockwaveracing
02-28-2006, 07:05 AM
i was unsure or using race cars because i didn't know how many and what types people had, but if i win this challenge i will pick a race car next week...

vantage-v8
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
GT4 Challenge 3.1

Times are to be submitted by Sunday 5th of March, 2006, at Midnight in your respective areas

Yuk!

I hate this track, I hate this car... :(

Yesterday night I did the Nurburgring with a Type-E Jaguar, no mods and confort tires. What a great ride! :D

Hope next car (race or not!) and track you choose will be more near the reality...

This is the cockpit I "play" with:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75986

lordofDskyline
02-28-2006, 10:11 AM
allways pick race cars

RazaBlade
02-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Still havent tried it yet, but picking race cars every time is just as boring. I recall a lot of really fun Challenges in the past that used stock cars, the Suzuki GSX and M3 to name a few. A mix is best, keeps everyone relatively happy!

painterr
02-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Would it be against the rules to discuss driving technics?

magracer
02-28-2006, 11:56 AM
A mix is best, keeps everyone relatively happy!

I agree totally, a mix is best.

Race cars are fast out of the box, and that mixed with the "full quicktune" rule, can make them very hard to handle, which in turns makes the experience not as fun or valuable.

Would it be against the rules to discuss driving technics?

The rules don't say anything against it, but it being a competition I think few people would be eager to help, that is, unless you have prooved you are no harm to their position. Recently, I got a request for tips through a PM when I placed well in a comp, and I answered it joyfully, but that was after it was over.

Nevertheless, I would love it if this was "open source" and we could share driving lines and techniques.

p.s. I got a Max Drive now so I'll be able to share my (admittedly no so fast) laps with other max drive owners. :D

painterr
02-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Got a question for everyone in the race! What are you runnin Manuel or auto??

Radoman
02-28-2006, 07:48 PM
There are people that run auto? :)

painterr
02-28-2006, 07:57 PM
I always run using manuel! I found that I can run faster times doing it.

shockwaveracing
03-01-2006, 12:38 AM
am running manual and have been for about 8 months now... am at least 2 seconds a lap quicker with it...

and Vantage-v8: jump in the WRS on GTPlanet if you want to see some SUPER fast racing...

as for techniques here is a quick lap of mine in this curretn race...

- change up to fifth just before the line and power on down to the first right hander, start braking right on the start of the big diagonal shadow, change down to 3rd and feather through on the apex for a quick burst
- then on the brakes again into the apex of the next right hander, still in 3rd (stops the wheelspin), cut across the corner rumble strip, you can do this coz the wheels won't start spinning in 3rd
- change up to 4th through T1 at around 18 seconds flat and
-then brake hard at the corner before the right-left combo, take the right-left in 3rd to maintain momentum and negate as much understeer as possible sticking as clost to the inside of both of these corners as possible to also negate the understeer
- power down to T2, should get there at around a low 33.xxx, brake pretty much at T2 or slightly after and keep close to the wall around the hairpin, in second gear, feathering the throttle to stop the wheelspin, as soon as you are fairly straight power away to the finish line...

you are on your way to a nice quick time if you can do this stuff...

RazaBlade
03-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Good stuff shockwave, nice to see some friendly competition.

Ive been using manual since I gave it a go half way through GT2, never turned back. Occasionally switch it to auto for endurance races, but thats rare.

magracer
03-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I have never used any kind of aids (braking, acceleration, auto gearbox). My only exception to this is the F1 car in bumpy tracks (such as the 'ring), given that it's extremely hard to control (hence no fun) without a some acceleration aid dailed in. Besides, if the real F1 drivers are allowed aids, why shouldn't I???? :) :) :)

I haven't even touched the wheel for this weeks change, but what sort of lap times are you guys running?

(for the new guys: we are allowed to mention rounded lap times [1'11.XXX] but not exact lap times [1.11.111])

shockwaveracing
03-01-2006, 11:45 PM
mid-high 54.xxx if i remember correctly...

magracer
03-02-2006, 06:49 AM
mid-high 54.xxx if i remember correctly...

I'm mid 56s so that means I'm losing 1 sec to T2 (34s vs 33s) and another sec in T3. Most of it, I think, is because I'm braking too late for turn 1 and last turn; in both I get severe understeer.

lordofDskyline
03-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I was going to say. Whats the matter no times yet. Ok Ill start it off. Am in the very low 0.58.xxx and obviously shockwave is in the 0.56s as usual. But I now read you all post are you using the same car as me , 56s I got that time easyly with driving aids. Its more fun to drive it with the aids ,well for me it is. Mid-high 54.xxx how does he do it.

magracer
03-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Its more fun to drive it with the aids

It's more challenging without the aids. Actually, I feel I'm getting quite good at controlling wheel spin.

RazaBlade
03-02-2006, 02:15 PM
When you get it right you feel so good. Still gotto give this challenge a shot!

And shockwave, dont forget to take a photo this week!!!

shockwaveracing
03-03-2006, 03:38 AM
lol, i already took a photo, just in case... :) won''t forget again...

shockwaveracing
03-03-2006, 03:40 AM
I was going to say. Whats the matter no times yet. Ok Ill start it off. Am in the very low 0.58.xxx and obviously shockwave is in the 0.56s as usual. But I now read you all post are you using the same car as me , 56s I got that time easyly with driving aids. Its more fun to drive it with the aids ,well for me it is. Mid-high 54.xxx how does he do it.

generally trying out a few techniques to get the best lines for the corners, but with this car especially is getting as much corner speed as possible, the understeer it exhibits can be scary at times and will cost you plenty of time, also the Driving Force Pro helps a whole heap... and definitely NO AIDS, coz it will add a second a lap to your time, maybe even more...

anywayz i am fairly busy this weekend so TIME SUBMITTED

lordofDskyline
03-03-2006, 04:19 PM
shockwave remember next week think RACE CAR right. How else am I supposed to keep up with you all. AND o yeah don't try so hard next week.

shockwaveracing
03-03-2006, 09:16 PM
shockwave remember next week think RACE CAR right. How else am I supposed to keep up with you all. AND o yeah don't try so hard next week.

lol i will keep that in mind... :p