PDA

View Full Version : GT5 News!

6speed
02-21-2006, 10:39 AM
From the April issue of Playstation Mag:

The much revered Playstation title, Gran Turismo, has many new features set for the PS3, to be launched later this year. Speculated to feature over 500 more cars then the current game, the game will now include Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Koenigsegg, and Bugatti, and will contain many more tuner companies, including some for American cars. Graphics will be enhanced thanks to the PS3's new Nivita graphics card. It will also contain many new tracks, and photo mode will be much more expansive, and you will now be able to open the hoods, doors, and trunks of the cars, and see the tune-ups of the cars you own. Expect GT: Visions in February 2007.

McReis
02-21-2006, 10:43 AM
and you will now be able to open the hoods, doors, and trunks of the cars, and see the tune-ups of the cars you own.

????? What for?

6speed
02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
????? What for?

Who knows.:confused:

Maybe to look at the engine and interior...:cool:

HondaNSX
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
it sounds cool......

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2006, 10:56 AM
After driving cars in GTR I don't want anymore games where you drive from the roof, bumper or rear of the car, it's stupid.

If they have an in car driving view I might get interested but I doubt it, GTR is miles ahead of the Gran Tourismo series IMO.

coolieman1220
02-21-2006, 11:10 AM
damage would be cool and a bit of customising. sponsers, stickers, custom paint, carbon fibre to reduce weight, rims that reduce weight and handaling. those stuffs. can't wait.

Roy Visser
02-21-2006, 11:15 AM
i'll get it as always, just because i love driving standard cars :)

uh_huh
02-21-2006, 11:19 AM
500 MORE CARS then in GT4. :eek: I cant wait. and look at the big three names that will be added, ohhhhh. Plus Koenigsegg and Bugatti This will be the best racing game ever, yes even better then any computer game, hell what am i talking about the PS3 is a computer, a computer thats on steriods. I can even guess the physics of this game will be improved as well, so yes it will be the best racing game ever produced.

Rockefella
02-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh god, it's slowly turning into NFS:U

6speed
02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Oh god, it's slowly turning into NFS:U

I disagree, I think it'll turn out alright, and I've heard over the internet that it'll have an expansive F1 and Rock Crawling (yes, Rock Crawling) program in it, as they are growing more and more popular in motorsport. I would love to take a Hummer H1 to a 60 degree departure angle with one wheel sticking up... and then take a picture.:D

:Exige:
02-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Don't you mean Nvidia graphics card?

6speed
02-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah sorry, I just copyed that from my mag, must of made a mistake. :D

McReis
02-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Who knows.:confused:

Maybe to look at the engine and interior...:cool:

Sounds stupid to me. They should focus even more on the driving experience.

6speed
02-21-2006, 11:52 AM
It might be for the photo mode... :confused

Matra et Alpine
02-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Wouldnt' go holding your breath :(
The technical press is full of all the back-pedalling currently going on over PS3 delivery dates and the hardware components freeze dates.
Sounds like a few of the components aren't shaping up -- and it's gonna be clocking ( always is :) ) and that's a black art !!!!
Sony will be praying at the Shinto shrines :D

uh_huh
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
im sure everything will turn out fine, you guys worry to much:D

02-21-2006, 12:40 PM
500 MORE CARS then in GT4. :eek: I cant wait. and look at the big three names that will be added, ohhhhh. Plus Koenigsegg and Bugatti This will be the best racing game ever, yes even better then any computer game, hell what am i talking about the PS3 is a computer, a computer thats on steriods. I can even guess the physics of this game will be improved as well, so yes it will be the best racing game ever produced.meh, still take my pc, and LFS will always be better physics wise that GT4/5/whatever

baddabang
02-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Ferrari? Lamborghini? yeah like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.

NSXType-R
02-21-2006, 01:38 PM
We'll see when it comes out. In any extent the PS3 is a bit expensive but I like it more than the 360. I probably won't be able to afford it though lol.

NuclearCrap
02-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I hope they don't compromise anything the magazine mentioned. :rolleyes:

Zytek_Fan
02-21-2006, 06:09 PM
After driving cars in GTR I don't want anymore games where you drive from the roof, bumper or rear of the car, it's stupid.

If they have an in car driving view I might get interested but I doubt it, GTR is miles ahead of the Gran Tourismo series IMO.
Indeed.

I should have new comp this week :D

Revolution
02-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Oooh, sounds good. Hopefully all the mentioned features will make it to the final game!

fpv_gtho
02-22-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd be happier hearing it has 500 cars more whilst also featuring less from Japan

Radoman
02-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Yes! YES! WOOOOOOT! Porsche! Ferrari! Bugatti!! OMG OMG OMG etc..

Well, I'm about half-way sold on it, because that's always been my main gripe with GT, the exclusion of the good cars. Looks like that's not the case :)

I'm still holding out for a believable in-car view. That'll probably happen seeing as it's called "visions", and you can now fully explore the car. I don't think this is a stupid idea, the focus of the game will always be driving; but being able to study your car in detail to me is icing on the cake. I like being able to screw around, especially in car games. Playing with what there is to me is more fun than constantly focusing on just the racing aspect of it.

On that note, there are two little things they should do: I like nice smokey burnouts. I love doing brakestands and roasting the tires off the car. I pray that this new GT will let me screw around to the point of losing my car in a haze of smoke sparks. The other thing is they should let the gamer use whatever car they like to race in whatever the race or whatever track they like. There are too many cars in GT4 that you aren't allowed to use...

I'll stop there, I sound like a broken record. Oh man, I just hope they keep their promise with the inclusion of all those awesome cars.

But you know, The game is a long way off, it's on new hardware, it's all still being developed, and I have no doubts that this will be awesome.

Lotus_Luva
02-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Sounds gr8 except:
Expect GT: Visions in February 2007

Quiggs
02-24-2006, 03:17 PM
February 2007 = Polyphony Digital speak for Summer 08.

Rockefella
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
February 2007 = Polyphony Digital speak for Summer 08.
by summer 08 Quiggs means 3008. We probably won't live to see it's release.