PDA

View Full Version : New school vs. old school?

sandwich
03-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Ok, i'm faced with this question:

If I get this eagle...what engine to put in it? I'd prefer to tune the 258, but I doubt i can get 4-500 HP out of it.

I could get a new Hemi, my first choice, which comes with about 345hp or 290 at the wheels (dynoed). But what kind of mods can I get? It already has aluminum heads, fuel injection, I'm not sure outside of chips intakes and exhaust what else i could do to boost it. On top of that, it's supposedly 26" wide, which is 4.5 inches wider than a 360, which is supposed to be a tight fit. I don't know if it'll fit, and cost will be 3900.

The other option is an AMC 360 or mopar equivalent. I could get a block for cheap, and rebuild it, or try to find an already built bottom end and throw some indy heads, intake, and carb, as well as rockers. Projected cost would be ~1000 for block, ~2000 heads, 300 intake, rockers-? carb-? I already know this setup will fit. This might give me more HP.

Comments ideas? Old reliable or new excitement?

lithuanianmafia
03-06-2004, 06:23 PM
In my opinion, I'd go for the Hemi. Not only does it have alota performance potential, just the idea of it is pretty cool, lol. To tell the truth, I'd have no preference, but in the end I'd go for the Eagle. Probably cus of the lower insurance compared to an old-school Hemi powered car or the AMC, plus with todays modifaction market, you'd probably be able to find more aftermarket parts for it. IN the end, it's all up to you.