PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Request

Manik
02-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I have gathered some funny gifs from the Ownage pictures thread and some from the avatar resizing thread. I was wondering if anybody could put a few of them together as a desktop wallpaper. You know what a I mean? Like a white background with the four gifs evenly spaced near the center of it. Please just leave the gifs thier original size.

I've uncluded the disgn I want in the attatchment, oh and I would like one of the desktops with a white background and one with a black background please. It doesn't really matter what the resolution is, just something that will fit a desktop, prefferably 1280 or 1024 pixels.

Thanks in advance, I've wanted something like this forever.:)

Matra et Alpine
02-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Why make it so difficult>
just click on your desktop go to properties, then "Desktop" tab and "Customise desktop".
Then click on the "Web" tab and click New and add each of the four animate gifs.
And it's done.
You can even have them over a picture background or anything else you fancy.
XP Desktop is neat - BUT be prepared for it to soak up CPU cycles :)
You dont' get all that moving stuff for nothing ..... oh and your SANITY as you are likely to take an epileptic fit with so many moving things all the time :(

PBB
02-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Why make it so difficult>
just click on your desktop go to properties, then "Desktop" tab and "Customise desktop".
Then click on the "Web" tab and click New and add each of the four animate gifs.
And it's done.(
Even easier than that, just right click on the pics you've attached there and select "Set as Desktop Item", click "Yes" then "OK". Repeat for all four.
Screenshots attached. :)

Manik
02-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Wow! Thanks for the tips guys!

I'll go give it a try!:D

Matra et Alpine
02-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Watch out for versions differences. XP doesn't present the "save as item" and earlier versions of Windows required you to enable web as desktop. Internet Explorer DOES present it.
It's these stupid differences that upset many Windows-bashers and one fo those things Bill has said they worked on Vista to resolve.
If it's not clear from either of these isntructions then let us know your OS versions when you ask for more :D

Manik
02-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I had them working untill I had to restart my computer. It took forever for the animations to appear an my desktops icons, so I think I'm just going to ditch the idea, it's seems to be too much of a hassle.

Matra et Alpine
02-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I had them working untill I had to restart my computer. It took forever for the animations to appear an my desktops icons, so I think I'm just going to ditch the idea, it's seems to be too much of a hassle.
If you save them on yrou computer and THEN assign them to the desktop you shoudln't have any timing problems.
By dragging and dropping a web image then the destop will need/want to synchronise --- not really what you wanted for your gigfs but VERY useful if you set a web page as an item. The "default" just wasn't what you wanted that time. Save the image and THEN assign it. It won't be slow then