PDA

View Full Version : Antonov An-225

Sauc3
02-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Antonov An-225 #1

Only 2 pictures I have...

1. Dream retrievers
LAJES FIELD, Azores -- Portuguese and American workers tend to the Antonov An-225 Mriya, or "Dream," April 28 on the flightline here. The aircraft landed here to refuel and get serviced. Currently the world's largest aircraft, the An-225 was designed mainly to transport the Russian space shuttle and its components from a service area to a launch site.

2. Pakistan Earthquake Relief
United States Air United States Air Force Airman, Pakistani soldiiers, and Ukrainian aid works offload a Russian AN-225 full of floor loaded blanks at Chaklala Air Base, Pakistan, Oct. 21, 2005. The United States government is participating in a multinational humanitarian assistance and support effort lead by the Pakistani Government to bring aid to victims of the devastating earthquake that struck the region Oct 8, 2005.

bum
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Russian AN-225
RUSSIA AND UKRAINE IS THE TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm angry! AN-225 is a Ukrainian aircraft, and it was built in Kyiv. As I know there only one AN-225 in the world, in the Antonov Airlines (Ukraine!!!). And information for all Western people: xUSSR and Russia is not same! There was a many countries. And Antonov is UKRAINIAN firm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm vary very angry!!!

Matt
03-03-2006, 12:35 PM
RUSSIA AND UKRAINE IS THE TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm angry! AN-225 is a Ukrainian aircraft, and it was built in Kyiv. As I know there only one AN-225 in the world, in the Antonov Airlines (Ukraine!!!). And information for all Western people: xUSSR and Russia is not same! There was a many countries. And Antonov is UKRAINIAN firm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm vary very angry!!!

I would prefer that you didn't act like an idiot in my Hide-Out. Thanks.

smxi
03-03-2006, 12:51 PM
He does have a point, though it could be expressed calmly.:)
Russia and Ukraine are not parts of the same country anymore therefore airplane is Ukrainian, I still don't think that it is a big deal, however.:)

PerfAdv
03-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Was it made when the Ukraine was part of the USSR?

dracu777
03-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Was it made when the Ukraine was part of the USSR?
Let's not open up another can of worms :) Just enjoy the pictures :)

PerfAdv
03-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Let's not open up another can of worms :) Just enjoy the pictures :)
I didn't realize it would be...

It is an impressive plane nonetheless.:)

DarkPhenix
03-04-2006, 11:45 AM

And I see that you still act like a king in your Hide-Out. :rolleyes:

henk4
03-04-2006, 12:20 PM
The Ilyushin 76 was built in Tashkent, anybody here would call that an Uzbek plane?

Digimods
03-04-2006, 01:32 PM
And I see that you still act like a king in your Hide-Out. :rolleyes:

That because it is his hangout..

And he is trying to maintain a sense of order in here, anyone can see that..

bum
03-05-2006, 08:50 AM

I will not write in YOUR thread if you think that u is a king. OK. But............. OK, i keep silence. If you cannot view the difference. OK. U think that USSR=Russia, OK, but it the same like tell that England=Ireland, USA=Canada, Australia=New Zealand etc. It not so simple as u think. But ok, i go away, bye.

henk4
03-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Bum, the problem is that you were getting emotional about it, and it is difficult to understand for Americans, who have never been to your country. The Americans may also not have suffered from cutting gas supplies.

So I think you might want to stay here, all considered:)

bum
03-05-2006, 09:17 AM
OK. Maybe u're right. :) There are two absolutly different worlds..............

henk4
03-05-2006, 09:28 AM
OK. Maybe u're right. :) There are two absolutly different worlds..............

and I know, because I visited both of them:D

bum
03-05-2006, 09:41 AM
and I know, because I visited both of them:D
I know this, thanks :)

dracu777
03-05-2006, 05:11 PM
...England=Ireland, USA=Canada, Australia=New Zealand etc...

And Moldova is Romania :D

smxi
03-05-2006, 05:21 PM
And Moldova is Romania :D
Wow, wow, easy.:D

Maxx
03-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Very interesting and veru emotional thread! :D But where is pics?
Let me share some of them ( not a hi-res enough :( )

The An-225 was designed by Antonov's Design Bureau in 80's It was developed to transport the Soviet Union's space shuttle - the "Buran". It is an enlarged Antonov An-124 "Ruslan" with wing root inserts supporting two further engines, and a twin tail assembly to cater for the "Buran" and other outside loads carried dorsally. Plane was built with participation of all Soviet Union (People who knows Soviet history will comprehend me)First flight was performed on 21.12.1988 (Former Soviet Union !!) After USSR breakdown Ann-225 passed into Ukrainain ownership. Presently 2 An -225 are operate by Ukrainian cargo transport company.

bum
03-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah, it's really true, thanks.

henk4
03-06-2006, 12:45 PM
after the dissolution of the Soviet Union the plane was parked somewhere for quite some time. When it was decided to make it airworthy again an almost complete overhaul was necessary. Where was that done?

smxi
03-06-2006, 12:52 PM
after the dissolution of the Soviet Union the plane was parked somewhere for quite some time. When it was decided to make it airworthy again an almost complete overhaul was necessary. Where was that done?
In Ukraine, and Bum told me exactly by what factory, but I forgot. :)

henk4
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
In Ukraine, and Bum told me exactly by what factory, but I forgot. :)

a Zavod, no doubt:D

Z0RR0
03-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Love those russian planes.

:D

henk4
03-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Love those russian planes.

:D

in that case a Tupolev 134 and an Ilyushin 76, at the Manas Airport near Bishkek,(Kyrgyzia), which is also used a US Air base

KonaGreen
03-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I just love all of those Russian aircraft. Especially the millitary stuff. The classic Bear-D, the Backfire-M, Flanker's and Fulcrums.... Such tough, robust equipment man... I saw that giant Antonov at the Abbotsford Airshow one year. I was thoroughly amazed at it, I walked over to where it was parked after it's flight display and was just stuned at how huge it was!!!!!!!

http://www.airliners.net/

I'm sure that some of you know that site, there are tons of pictures of aircraft from around the world, civil and military.

You can also look at
http://www.flightlevel350.com/
For a ton of vids of aircraft.