PDA

View Full Version : Noble M14 Scrapped!!! (Long live the M15!)

Jack_Bauer
02-27-2006, 08:19 AM
True, the M14 is no more. :(

But don't worry, it's gonna be supplanted by an even better car, the Noble M15!!! :cool:

The M14 was essentially a development of the superb M12 chassis and engine, designed to be a bigger, more comfortable "GT-like" sort of car (including luggage space for the first time). However Lee Noble has decided, after much development work on his 'M12-ish' racing car he raced in the BritCar series last year, that an entirely new chassis was the order of the day. It still follows the same sort of design brief (well-specced and luxurious, yet still lightweight with outstanding performance and handling) but now with a thumping 455bhp/455lbft of grunt on tap, and a chassis spaceframe reportedly 57% stiffer than that of the M12. :eek: :D

It'll be priced in the region of the Porsche 911, Aston V8 Vantage, and probably the upcoming Lotus Esprit. It's a bold departure into a totally different (and fiercely competitive) market for Noble, but the basic stats seem to stack up incredibly well. Now all we need to do is wait to see what they've done with the all important styling. My fingers are well and truly crossed for something special! :)

More info in the new issue of Evo Magazine (in the UK at least) and at Pistonheads (http://www.pistonheads.com/noble/default.asp?storyId=13244).

Jack_Bauer
02-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Just found a pic of the current Noble test-mule, spotted hot footing it round Monza. You can see the wheel base seems a little longer compared with that of the M12 due to the new longitudinal layout. Apparently one of the big advantages of the new layout is that they can now have TWO intercoolers, mounted in those side-pods, instead of the single unit that used to sit just below and infront of the rear spoiler. Also it means they have much more options with the gearbox now, the Getrag boxed used previously was one of the few let downs of the car.

RISE AGAINST
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I've heard that it has 550hp and a top speed north of 200.

d-quik
02-27-2006, 03:38 PM
YES!!!!

PrevlingPushrod
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Whats new on the car? It looks cool, and is really fast.

h00t_h00t
02-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I don't think it looks as nice as the Aston Martin, it will have more power and I assume will be lighter too BUT you can't sell a GT on performance because that is missing the point abit.

aNOBLEman
02-27-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't think it looks as nice as the Aston Martin, it will have more power and I assume will be lighter too BUT you can't sell a GT on performance because that is missing the point abit.

But don't forget that it will also have luxury which is in line with what the M14 was. It sounds like it will be a very nice successor to the M14 what with improving nearly, if not, everything. I hope that it will also have a nice design.

Cyco
02-28-2006, 12:35 AM
The new Noble is dead - Long live the new Noble :D

Sounds good - but trying to judge appearances from the test mule is not going to be 100% successful.

2ndclasscitizen
02-28-2006, 01:05 AM
I've got a Clarkson DVD and he drives the 3R in it and he said it was, and it looked, very nicely appointed

Coventrysucks
02-28-2006, 01:40 AM
I've got a Clarkson DVD and he drives the 3R in it and he said it was, and it looked, very nicely appointed

Clarkson's wrong though.

clutch-monkey
02-28-2006, 01:56 AM
i loved the tacho on the M14, the LCD one that changed colour i think it was

h00t_h00t
02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
But don't forget that it will also have luxury which is in line with what the M14 was. It sounds like it will be a very nice successor to the M14 what with improving nearly, if not, everything. I hope that it will also have a nice design.
But it won't have prestige like Aston Martin or Porsche do. People buy cars like that because everyone knows its a fast expensive, car even if they don't know much about cars. How cool would you look at the cliched dinner party for the yuppies that "made it" where the topic of what you are driving comes up, and you have to explain that its actually a very fast luxurious car to people who are already thinking "geek."

The woes of being rich. :(

Jack_Bauer
04-01-2006, 10:52 AM
So, who's got their new issue of Evo Magazine then?

It contains the first studio pics of the new M15 along with a ride in the M15 test mule pictured in post #2, driven by creator Lee Noble. The first impressions are that it is one SERIOUSLY eye catching piece of design. It is far more aggressive looking than I was expecting, especially in profile view. The profile is almost dart-like, very rakish and imposing. The front retains some of the look of the M14 concept but with a bit of Farboud GTS and Ascari KZ-1 thrown in IMO. The back of the car will undoubtedly be the big talking point though. It has a very sharp cut-off with a flat rear, similar to a Corvette in profile. It also has a subtle rear wing integrated into the rear end. I don't know why but for some reason the rear reminds me of the Maserati MC12, possibly down to the deep navy blue of the car. The middle section of the car is dominated by some very prominent and aggressive slats just ahead of the engine and intercooler intakes. Again, very striking stuff.

A much improved interior is vital for Noble as they move into the top-end GT market, and let's just say the results are, erm, 'interesting'! It has a very unique Modernist/minimalist style to it with a single aluminium-look fascia covering the whole of the centre console and curving round to incorporate the behind-the-wheel driving displays. It looks highly unusual, especially as the dials and displays behind the wheel don't seem to have any real cowling to speak of over the top. There are lashings of leather everywhere, and it certainly looks comfy enough, but I'm worried they might've been a bit too daring with the highly stylised design. Maybe it'll grow on me. :rolleyes:

As for the description of the passenger ride with Noble it all seems very positive. The car is unsuprisingly blisteringly quick in every way possible, with Noble claiming it's actually quicker on track than the M400, despite wearing more road-biased rubber. You have to love Lee Noble's totally unashamed, un-PC attempts at marketing.....

I'm not trying to beat Porsche or Ferrari, but this car will give a unique, madly, stupidly fast hit. Seriously, on B-roads that you'd just back off on in some other supercars, you can have some real fun in this thing. I've never been in anything as fast. It's the bollocks!

I would scan the photos in for you but I don't have a scanner. :o If nobody else does it for you then you'll have to wait until Tuesday 4th April when the official pics are released on the Noble website and in Autocar magazine. :)

matek
04-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Yes as the title says Noble are now planning to build a M15 rocket of a car.

This will be placed in the same rnage as the M14 was suposed to but will look more agresive Imagine lights from a Sagaris, The back end from an Ascari, The sides from the M14 but with more slits to cool that V6 with those twin turbo'.

Again like the hartge i just read it from Evo that just got through my door and pics are in the magazine so In a bit theyll be on the Evo website so pics will be available.

As a testing mule they used the Body of the m12 but imagine instead of the M400 scoops on either side imagine the scoops from the harrier jump jet directing airflow into the engine:p

Inside you'll find sat nav and some other luxuries, Placing it against Ferraris F430 and the Lambo Gallardo, undercutting them by £45,000. Which is quite a considerable margin even if you are willing to spend £100,000 for a car.

Engine: V6, twin turbo
Displacment: 2968cc
Cylinder block: aluminium alloy,
Cylinder head Aluminium alloy, doch per bank, four valves per cylinder.
Fuel and Ignition: Electronic engine managment, multi- point fuel injection.
Max power: 455Bhp @6800rpm
Max torque: 455lb ft @ 4800rpm
Transmission: Graziano six speed manual, rear wheel drive, lsd, traction control.
Front suspension: Double wishbone, coil springs, dampers
Rear suspension: double wishbone, coil springs, dampers.
Tyres: 225/40 ZR18 front, 285/40 ZR19 rear, Pirelli P zero Rosso
Weight (kerb): 1250kg
Power-to-weight: 370 bhp/ton
0-60mph: sub-4sec (claimed)
Top speed: 185mph(claimed)
Basic Price: £75,000(tbc)
On sale: Autumn 2006

NuclearCrap
04-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Please confirm that this isn't for April fools. :D

matek
04-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Nope im readin my EVO right now and it looks mean:)

Subscriptions rule:p

Clique
04-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Read about this in one of the older EVO editions...What will be the difference between the M14 and the M15? Will they differ only on looks or in mechanics etc?...

Vindesh17
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM
can you scan the pic?

matek
04-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah but they wont be the best quality as theyre from a mag. but give me a minute:)

Vaigra
04-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Read about this a 3 weeks ago, but haven't come across a pic yet, I'm waiting Matek :)

Jack_Bauer
04-01-2006, 01:53 PM
I merged the two threads. Didn't seem much point in having two virtually identical threads. :rolleyes:

matek
04-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Hehe i got lost for a sec there:p
Here ya go guys feast yeh eyes on this

Ginja Ninja
04-01-2006, 02:10 PM
they should put that 3L TT engine in the mazda MPS 6

noble is just too expensive these days

matek
04-01-2006, 02:12 PM
For what you get it definatly isn't expensive. Think about it you save yourself £45,000 on a Gallardo or a F430, which may be marginally faster but still you have amazing value for money.

Jack_Bauer
09-21-2006, 10:31 AM
An interesting update on the development of the long-awaited Noble M15. Looks like it's gonna put the release of the car back again by a fair bit, let's hope it's worth the wait! :p

Noble is planning a new, faster version of the 455bhp M15, with the help of a new, anonymous investor -- even before the M15 has been released to customers.

Details are scarce. Noble spokesman Peter Boutwood said: "The time we have had with the Noble M15 prototype has enabled us to do some further research and development. During the course of this positive and informative R&D we have found some significant improvements which we are implementing to the production M15.

"The car will look visually almost identical to the press prototype. Obviously we could have continued with the production of the original M15 and released the uprated version at a later date. This we felt would be both counter productive and unfair to our current customers awaiting delivery of the M15."

Boutwood confirmed that the car would based on the M15 chassis and outline, but that it would have more power with other components such as suspension and brakes uprated to match. It will remain a road car, not a track-only tool.

Boutwood couldn't say whether the engine would be new or if the existing three-litre V6 would be tweaked to suit. However, while he refused to rule out the possibility that Noble might at some point design its own engine, he also said that early prototypes of the uprated M15 were planned to be up and running early in 2007 -- too soon to produce and build a new engine.

The news came out as a result of company owner Lee Noble issuing a rather cryptic note to the Noble Owners Club as follows:

"As enthusiastic and loyal Noble owners I wanted you all to be one of the first to know that there have been some exciting and positive changes within the business structure of Noble Automotive.

"For some time now I have been working towards assuring the continued financial security that would enable me to further develop the Noble brand. I am very happy to announce that I have now, with immediate effect, successfully teamed with a dedicated owner who shares my commitment, passion and vision for the future of Noble cars and their continued production and development.

"We are now in the best place we have ever been…the world’s best affordable supercar is about to get even better."

Boutwood also couldn't say who the new investor was -- he wants to remain private -- but the amount involved would appear to be above £1 million. The investor is not a PHer, according to Boutwood.

According to an interview with Car magazine (see link below), Lee Noble said that the new backer replaces David Jones, chairman of high street fashion chain Next. "He's gone and it's a good thing too", said Noble.

Coventrysucks
09-21-2006, 12:13 PM
I think if I'd of put down a deposit on an M14 when it was announced, I'd be rather annoyed right now.

Are they going to release the car, or just press releases every 6 months?

CdocZ
09-21-2006, 03:05 PM
This car makes me happy. Veerrrrryyy happy.