PDA

View Full Version : Good websites for pictures

Manik
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Considering I get most of my pictures from UCP and Swiss car sightings I would like to know where you people go to get high res pics from. But this is not including official manufacturers multimedia sections, from Ferrari, Porsche etc...

Piacki_117
03-03-2006, 02:21 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22543&highlight=sighting

^^this thread had been created some weeks ago, there you can find some good sites.

Personnaly I like Supercarfrance.com

dydzi
03-04-2006, 06:50 AM
http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/ of course ;)

RazaBlade
03-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Personnaly I like Supercarfrance.com

I second that. Very good site.

Manik
03-04-2006, 01:46 PM

Great site!:D

Distress
03-04-2006, 03:15 PM

Ruined by watermarks...:(

dydzi
03-04-2006, 03:43 PM

well we need to advertise some way... it's like (c) - people should now where the pics come from

ucp is using same strategy

Distress
03-04-2006, 07:25 PM
well we need to advertise some way... it's like (c) - people should now where the pics come from

ucp is using same strategy

In my view, a car is very soulful, beautiful, a work of spectacular machinery. I cherish the car, and want nothing interfering. Sorry, but I would have added the site to my bookmarks and would have been exited if it was not otherwise.

I don't like UCP's watermarks either, but there is some make of good information.

Thankfully I have UCP multimedia section, and my very own passwords..:)

r1ckst4
03-05-2006, 12:20 AM
www.rsportscars.com Great site!

tuk3410
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
evo.co.uk is a good site for pictures. they don't have many but the cars they do have sometimes there are some excellent pics.

ExoticCarSite
03-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Agreed.
I can't stand websites that watermark their images. It pisses me off SOOOOOO much. Sure its a marketing trick, but I don't care, I will never watermark any my images.

My site, www.ExoticCarSite.com , www.dieselstation.com , www.serioushweels.com , and www.rsportscars.com are the only high resolution websites without watermarks, and as a result, they are the only websites I myself visit. Placing a watermark on an image ruins the image, looks un-natural and unprofessional.

/end rant.

Wouter Melissen
03-09-2006, 06:29 AM
I will never watermark any my images.

Calling them 'my images' is the best joke I read all day.

ExoticCarSite
03-09-2006, 06:31 AM
you know what I mean :p

They shouldn't be watermarked,because they are not MY images to watermarl. I do not hold the copyright on those images, and so no stupid logo should be placed on the image for that reason.

Atleast with your pictures watermarks, you actually take them yourself.

Wouter Melissen
03-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Atleast with your pictures watermarks, you actually take them yourself.

How is that unprofessional?

ExoticCarSite
03-09-2006, 06:40 AM
How is that unprofessional?

Its not? :confused: Thats my point. You own the images, and you have every right to watermark them.

95% of the images on my site, are media released images [as I'm sure you of all people here are aware]. They are not my images to place watermark url copyright images on, unlike othe rsites like desktopmachine and allcarwallpapers.

For the fact it looks ugly, completely ruins the image, I will never watermark any images found on my server.

But this is all a personal opinion I guess.

shockwaveracing
03-09-2006, 06:52 AM
children children settle down...

although i have to agree with ExoticCarSite on this one Wouter, watermarking images that you didn't take is crap, and THAT is unprofessional, but watermarking images that you actually took is entirely acceptable and i have no qualms with it...

Wouter Melissen
03-09-2006, 06:56 AM
children children settle down...

although i have to agree with ExoticCarSite on this one Wouter, watermarking images that you didn't take is crap, and THAT is unprofessional, but watermarking images that you actually took is entirely acceptable and i have no qualms with it...

I watermark any image I publish mainly for leeching reasons. With a high profile site like Ultimatecarpage.com it is very usual that images get leeched. The bandwidth this takes can get very expensive. So from a publisher's point of few it is very professional to brand images. Every image here gets the credits they deserve, so I don't ever claim media shots to be mine.

McReis
03-09-2006, 09:05 AM
After all, media shots are the worst UCP has! :)