PDA

View Full Version : These cars are on FIRE!

CarNewbie
03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty much a sports car newbie so bare with me.

Anyway, I'm getting a car soon and I have found 2 possible options now.

Max I can spend is about 32,000.

Anyway, I'm primarily looking for a car with lots of MOJO. Hahaha, yeah, I wont be racing or anything, I just want mojo.

I was thinking of a new crossfire!!! 6 cylinders not bad, and it definately looks cool.

I was also thinking of finding an old firebird and fixing it up. It has to be covered top.

I was searching the web and I found one that I really like and I can't find anyone selling it.

here is the link:

http://www.pontiac.com/firebird/index.jsp?source=old

It's the black one on top. Does anyone have any idea what model it is? What year it is? Specs? Or what the value would be for one in decent condition?

Thanks!!!!!!

mechanixfetch
03-07-2004, 04:26 PM
It's the last model that they ever made.

CarNewbie
03-07-2004, 04:30 PM
It's the last model that they ever made.

Any idea what the model name was? Year?

Value, specs or any of that?

Thanks

Batmobile_Turbo
03-07-2004, 04:31 PM
the one in the link that you have is the newest firebird there is, it has a V8 and whatever, i'm not sure about the performance specs though. another car that is wicked is the C4 Corvette which is ceaper than 32,000, maybe ther is a used C5 Corvette somewhere that is as cheap as 32,000. there is also the new Pontiac GTO which i think is under 32,000.
which kind of "mojo" are you looking for? American Badboy muscle car mojo, or rice rocket rapper mojo? :rolleyes:

mechanixfetch
03-07-2004, 04:34 PM
2002 Trans Am I believe and you can find the value of it and many other cars at www.intellichoice.com

Pimp racer
03-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Heres a few cars the acura TL, TSX, RSX Mazda RX-8, Lancer EVO 8, S2000

CarNewbie
03-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks a ton for the responses.

I'm not a big fan of all muscle cars. But some of them are just awesome!!!

I don't like a lot of new cars.

Thanks for the info on the firebird.

Has anyone test driven a crossfire yet?

NAZCA C2
03-07-2004, 05:53 PM
The Subaru STI and WRX offer really good performance and practicality for the money, also the Mustang Mach 1 would be a good choice (it has a 320hp dohc aluminum V8), and the Honda S2000 is also a good car.

GT500
03-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Yes, the STi is great, not for long distance transport though....just something fun to drive, perhaps a tad bit expensive. Well, with 32k you can get a lot! For something more "everyday" I'd go for a Mazda, but since you appear to be wanting "mojo," I'd look for an Infiniti G35, maybe a Lexus IS300, those are quite nice from what I've heard.....
Can't think up much else.... :(

Slicks
03-08-2004, 02:59 PM
If you want "mojo" i wouldnt recomend a Mazda, acura(except the NSX) or honda(expecially s2k). Being that they all sound like a weedwacker and most are really "girly" cars. Any of you fans out there dont take this to offence this is just my opinion, there great for perfomance, but he did say he didnt care about that. Go for the Trans Am, or camaro, corvette, GTO, Supra(turbo) Rx7, or something like that.
Ive also got some specs on the T/A
0-60 aound 5 seconds
1/4mile 13-14seconds
MPG 18/27
5.7L LS1 V8 350hp, 350ft-lbs torque
This car sounds friggen increadable and drives pretty nice. Id say go to a bunch of car dealers and test a crap load of cars you like.