PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...

adrenaline
03-09-2006, 11:57 PM
A while ago there was alot going round about the 2008 Falcon's Design. There was the fusion/ Corporate look, and there was the iosis look...
Well i found something that fits both of those...3 bar chrome grille, and design hints from the iosis...

(Next Gen Ford Mondeo)

Blitz_
03-10-2006, 01:26 AM
I will be VERY HAPPY if that is what the next falcon will look like. Looks great, although very different, especially from the BA, and i really wonder what a FPV version would look like...still, killer looks compared to the VE, Aurion, or 380.

syko
03-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Isn' that just a chopped iosis, though it does look very nice

adrenaline
03-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Its an artists impression of the all new Ford Mondeo...

I think the VE's body shape will become very outdated in the years to come. Its too typically sedan..boring if you ask me. The coupe-sedan look is the next big hit in large sedan design...im hoping so badly that ford oz do something similiar with orion...

NuclearCrap
03-10-2006, 01:48 AM
It looks like a Lexus to me.

nota
03-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Hmm lets see ..

RX8 front is ok with AU grille, but saddled by the disappointingly high beltline that sweeps up to ridiculous levels at C pillar - why not drop the sideglass as with XD-XF? Back door opening is tiny, lousy access. And it seems like rear vision is again a non-priority, as with BA

I'd have to see the ute version before further judgement :D

fpv_gtho
03-10-2006, 02:45 AM
It seems to radically different from the BA/BF to realistically be a Falcon. Maybe if it was in Falcon proportions with more aussie flavour to the styling...

matek
03-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Its losing the family image of ford from the past ten years, in my mind for the better.:)

syko
03-10-2006, 04:53 AM
I'd have to see the ute version before further judgement :D

Thats a good point i didn't think about whether the design was ute friendly, it doesn't look it to me

Niko_Fx
03-10-2006, 06:48 AM

Ditto

SlickHolden
03-10-2006, 06:55 AM
It's not all that far off the VE if you ask me, Flared front guards, Smaller looking rear wheel and not much of a rear hatch like almost.
But that low roof wont work as the AU-BA has always come under criticism over head hitting. But other then that i cant see a Falcon out of that past the front guards.

The VE's body wont look outdated by the time the New Falcon arrives, Lets not forget the outdated VT still is selling strong:p

adrenaline
03-10-2006, 11:22 PM
The VE's body shape will grow stale by around 2009/ 2010. The only reason the commodore is selling right now is because it is a commodore...if the VZ was a falcon it wouldnt sell. The falcon is a far superior car to the commodore yet the commodore still outsells it. Life sucks.:D:D

fpv_gtho
03-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Thats a good point i didn't think about whether the design was ute friendly, it doesn't look it to me

Try imagine a LWB or Wagon whilst your at it:o

IBrake4Rainbows
03-11-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm Trying to Imagine it as a Territory :D

It will need to be a more open-to-modification design than the Iosis concept, although I have no doubt that will sell quite highly if left in such a design condition.

But Ford will have learnt there lesson from the AU and BA in that being conservative does not lose you sales. Being hateable does.

SlickHolden
03-11-2006, 05:41 AM
The VE's body shape will grow stale by around 2009/ 2010. The only reason the commodore is selling right now is because it is a commodore...if the VZ was a falcon it wouldnt sell. The falcon is a far superior car to the commodore yet the commodore still outsells it. Life sucks.:D:D
It's been amazing what Holden has done with the VT. And keep that in mind with the VE. This car right now will have a slight look of the VZ because it's to keep the old cars that are still going to be around with it not looking to far out of place. That's one place you have to give Holden credit they have a million ideas to make older cars look new.

But the reason the VZ sells is because it is still a very good car.

But that Pic that front screams Falcon stick a Bonnet boldge on it and bang you have a falcon. But not that roof no way. Mold that front into the Fusion with some Focus???? Anyone good at that:D Cutting bit of cars on to others:D.

Blue Supra
03-12-2006, 05:23 PM
my first thought was that exactly.

Copying people is baaaaaaaaad.