PDA

View Full Version : Chop Help

Zondaboy1
03-18-2006, 01:18 PM
i'm chopping a 300C hemi and i was putting some rims (Asanti AF 115's) on it and i got the first one on no problemo. the thing is the cars at a 3/4 angle and the rear rim is hard to find... can someone help me or will i have to airbrush it/find another rim?
the rims are just chrome not the stone black color

johnnynumfiv
03-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Why don't you post it so we can see what you are talking about.

Zondaboy1
03-19-2006, 12:09 PM
i did in another thread but here it is

the rim
the chop
the prechop

Rockefella
03-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Don't use those rims, they have a watermark over them, and the overbrush you did on it looks bad.

Zondaboy1
03-19-2006, 12:20 PM
ok, i'll do that right now...

Rockefella
03-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Much better, but that back rim is still messed up. BTW, that front grille looks really fake/weird.

Zondaboy1
03-19-2006, 01:35 PM
iknow i have to work on the grille but if you read the first post i was asking for help with the back rim..

Rockefella
03-19-2006, 02:02 PM
iknow i have to work on the grille but if you read the first post i was asking for help with the back rim..
The only thing you can do about the back rim is to find another picture of the same rim, or, just use a new set of rims on the car.

I just pointed out the grille because it doesn't look good.

Zondaboy1
03-19-2006, 02:37 PM
ok thanks this is gona take a few hours to find a new set of matching rims but whatever :(

see my other thread with the ZB1's startech 300C

Rockefella
03-19-2006, 03:08 PM
I could find you a set of matching rims in prob. 5 minutes. Just look at tuner car websites, or resource threads on chopping sites like www.digimods.co.uk. (the forum)

Zondaboy1
03-19-2006, 03:24 PM
thanks. i meant it would take forever to find one i liked on the car :p

Ali Baba
03-20-2006, 12:36 PM
thanks. i meant it would take forever to find one i liked on the car :p
My guess is that You took the front mesh grill from a low resulution image and increased it size in order to fit the replacement space of the previous grill,otherwise,you just found an image of car in motion and the blurr is a result of (relatively speaking)low shutter speed,Patience is very important in the creative process,so take it easy,and take your time,You may ask the Chrysler dealers in Alexandria,(Next door to Vienna)to provide you with a custom options brochure for scanning,What ever You do DON'T put dual Weave Mesh grill(ASD's) on it,it's the one that I reckon' it's inside Your ChryslerC300,it's confusing the eye!.

Zondaboy1
03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
well, you called that real quick.... i took it off low res and its dual mesh. the other grills i have are not up to par but i'm gona try to get a brochure from alexandria. dont know when i'll go down there but i'll try a website
kinda fixed it up a little. grille looks worse now if you ask me

Ali Baba
03-21-2006, 09:58 PM
well, you called that real quick.... i took it off low res and its dual mesh. the other grills i have are not up to par but i'm gona try to get a brochure from alexandria. dont know when i'll go down there but i'll try a website
kinda fixed it up a little. grille looks worse now if you ask me
Not to worry too much,You improved it,if You are able try for a change a vertical bars grill (like a "Rolls Royce") better for this model then horizontal!.
I Myself design cars with both type of grills but not a mesh one,which is now a styling'fad',remember mesh is cheap!but even'Bentley' have it now,My designs are focused on quality,try to imagine what an Iranian or Cuban,and or Vietnamese manufactured car'll look or project with a cheap mesh grill?! For Instance I design 'Habanera'(A female from Havana) Car for cuba,it looks solid using horizontal bars,so is a design I finished as a surprise gift that I plan to send to the Iranian company "Iran Khodro"(They currently assemble French made caes),as well as manufacturers of Bus bodies!.
You'll be better off try to draw cars so when You'll be successfull,You'll become a Car designer,There are few quality car design colleges in the USA&other countries,Why don't You start right now,and be more successful?!

Zondaboy1
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
im not the best at drawling but practice makes perfect... i drew an awesome imo car but cant find the notebook. will post when find

Ali Baba
03-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Try drawing directly into the computer,like i've done,It may take time,but it's excellent experience,please check my new thread,this'll give you an idea,I even allow you to use My 'napkin(style) sketch'and modify it to your likings!.
Here's the link,(you may copy it and paste it,into the browser's slot.(or just double click on the link).
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24309