PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring In Car Video

motorsportnerd
03-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Great find thanks to Video.google.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4007192757320389487&q=Motorsport

This is a whole lap of the combined new/old Nurburgring circuit from the in-car camera in a BMW M3. Footage is from the 2005 Nurburgring 24 hour race - this is early evening practice for the race.
First time I've watch the in-car of an entire lap of the Nurburgring. It interesting how exact the old circuit is represented in GT4 - I knew exactly where the car was thanks to the game.
Watch for the old Minis. How much traffic there is (over 150 cars start the 24-hour race). The traffic backs up at one stage as it passes an accident scene. Watch out for the insane speed difference as some faster BMWs and Porsches fly past. How the car bottoms out on the Carossul bend. And the insane speed on the long straight.
Video is 15 minutes long - so probably best suited to high-speed broadband.

motorsportnerd
03-21-2006, 04:42 AM
This one is perhaps even better:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1825304184341781221&q=motorsport

This time its a louder and much faster V8-powered V8-Star Jaguar. The V8-Star cars were prepared for a short lived German national series (2000-2001), and utilised tube-frame V8 powered control chassis with a saloon body over the top - in this case an S-Type Jaguar.
The speeds are much higher than in the video with the BMW, but the traffic is less intense. Enjoy.

motorsportnerd
03-21-2006, 05:49 AM
I noted that there's heaps more videos showing in-car laps of the Nurburgring - including a lap with Hans Stuck in a BMW M3 GTR. Worth checking out.

drakkie
03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
I noted that there's heaps more videos showing in-car laps of the Nurburgring - including a lap with Hans Stuck in a BMW M3 GTR. Worth checking out.

if only i wouldnt have posted that two months ago :D

FWA2500
03-21-2006, 09:24 AM
heres a video you guys might like :D its the best Nordschliefe on-board footage i have found yet....its in a Porsche 956 with a lap time of 6'41 and average speed around 120mph (he gets passed by Jacky Ickx near Fuchsrohre too!)

http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/item/predownload/882/1/free-racing-videos/derek-bell---rothmans-porsche-956.html

huge file, but it is definatly worth the d/l wait :D figured this would be the thread to post in

motorsportnerd
03-21-2006, 07:17 PM
if only i wouldnt have posted that two months ago :D

I searched the forums to see if the first BMW or the Jag link had already been posted - but only put "Nurburgring" into the search engine. Upon trying again today with "Nordschliefe" I found the M3 GTR link, but nothing to the first two. Just as well I didn't put a link to Stuck's lap...
I don't think one can ever get sick of watching the in car of the Nurburgring (or for that matter, Spa or Bathurst), and the way the BMW driver in the first thread has to deal with the traffic makes that worth viewing all by itself.