PDA

View Full Version : My ride

oodis
05-04-2003, 05:09 AM
I didnt post these pics on any site before so here they are. Not that many outer mods but a few engine mods

oodis
05-04-2003, 05:13 AM
the only way i could resize is from the camera so here they are.

oodis
05-04-2003, 05:18 AM
9ff rear spoiler. Because i tryed to fix the wing on my own, i f**ked up the two bars that lift it up and down just like the stock wing. I will fix it tomorrow. Too lazy today

oodis
05-04-2003, 05:57 AM
more

oodis
05-04-2003, 06:02 AM
those buffers cant be taken off unless i get a new bumper.i wont get a new stock bumper, that would be pointless.

oodis
05-04-2003, 06:18 AM
just a nice shot i guess

oodis
05-04-2003, 06:21 AM
best pic from the others imo

oodis
05-04-2003, 06:47 AM
from the inside

oodis
05-04-2003, 06:58 AM
A stock 996tt gets 0.8 bar at most. This is nothing but i tryed to show how much boost i had. the area was a big parking lot so i couldnt show the most boost. its only 85kmh and its at 0.9.

Nogger
05-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Nice pics man. When did you get that wing? Looks really good. I saw that on the Stockholm auto show. (The pic is in the slide show if you care to bother...)

Egg Nog
05-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Is this the same person as TURBO_FREAK from supercars.net a long time ago?

EDIT: I just read that you are in fact turbo_freak in the miscellaneous forum. As a long time forum drifter at SC.net, I remember you and all that crap you had to post because all those losers never believed it was your car :) Classic. Just classic. Anyway, gorgeous car. I like what you've done with it, especially the look of that new rear end.

Let's just say your Porsche is a "little bit" faster than mine. Hey, I can always dream :)

elfangor
05-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Very nice! :D

oodis
05-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Thanx for the comments guys.
Nogger- I had that rear spoiler on since april. The side intake fin is from techart and the rear spoiler is from 9ff. I didnt like the 9ff front look but its nice to look at once in a while but never to have it on a car i would want to drive. I was going to go with the strosek front which i think is the best so far but i spent money on engine mods. The car currently has a turbo diverter valves upgrade, pagid racing brakes, brake lines too, GT2 intercoolers, K&N air filter, and an ECU upgrade. The car is currently 535bhp. The part that sux is that I bought the K24 turbos thinking that i would have enough for an exhaust system....well www.europipe.be got a better rating then the ruf exhaust and is the top and i need to save up a couple more thousand to get that. When the exhaust and the turbos are fitted, it will then be 560bhp. After that I guess would be headers and an cold air intake, and I should reach 580 which is the max the tiptronic gearbox will hold. RUF is supposedly supposed to come out for a tiptronic gearbox solution but by that time i should be focusing on an upcoming car.

Egg nogg- post pics of the porsche man. its still a porsche :D
what was your name on SC.net?

Nogger
05-05-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by oodis

Sounds very neat. Make sure to change that gearbox into a manual aswell... You sure have taste in cars man. Really tasteful styling there. Are you in bahrain now or in the Us?

oodis
05-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Nogger
Sounds very neat. Make sure to change that gearbox into a manual aswell... You sure have taste in cars man. Really tasteful styling there. Are you in bahrain now or in the Us?

I have thought of switching to manual but there are a few reasons why i wont.
it costs way too much and so many things need to be altered
I am using it as my every day car
a new car will arrive by the next year and that is only available in manual.....:D

Egg Nog
05-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Egg nog- post pics of the porsche man. its still a porsche :D
what was your name on SC.net?

Actually, I was never a member :) I just used to read posts there, but I was hesitant to join because it was too busy and there seemed to be a lot of ignorant morons.

Anyway, I've only posted one picture of my car so far, but you can see it here:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152

I added you to my buddy list :)

Wouter Melissen
05-06-2003, 09:05 AM
It's awesome to see members owning such nice cars. Oodis, I made your car POTD for today (05-06) and Egg Nog, yours was POTD a couple of days ago.

For the rest of you, keep the good images coming and maybe your car is show to thousands of car enthusiasts as well!

Viperz Rule!
05-06-2003, 09:23 AM
dam ilove ure car oodis! are u still livin in bahrain or have u moved? i live in dubai, U.A.E. myself, and i have to admit.........i dont think ive seen a better car on the streets of dubai yet!

oodis
05-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Wouter- looking good as POTD :D thanx

Viperz rule- There are some pretty nice cars in dubai but not a lot of people tune them until the warranty is over. I didnt really care about warranty. I took the ECU out myself and sent it to FVD in Dubai. They sent it back to me with the other parts I ordered. I just ordered a cold air intake great flow(thats what its called) part from them which they claim to add 15bhp but as always, i will stay on the safe side and just say 5bhp. I will race on the track tomorrow and maybe get better pics too.

by the way, who is the strosek dealership in dubai? any idea? :confused:

Nash
05-07-2003, 02:39 PM
I remember you. :D

I also remember when you first ordered those muffler tail pipes. :D

You're Turbo looks sweeter than ever.

Nogger
05-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Nash
I remember you. :D

I also remember when you first ordered those muffler tail pipes. :D

You're Turbo looks sweeter than ever.

hehe. That was quite a while ago... Back in the sc.net time for me and oodis...:rolleyes:

Nogger
05-07-2003, 03:37 PM
I have thought of switching to manual but there are a few reasons why i wont.
it costs way too much and so many things need to be altered
I am using it as my every day car
a new car will arrive by the next year and that is only available in manual.....:D

hehe... I hope you're not talking about the S3... ;)
Which color will you get? (not talking about S3...)

badboybarge
05-07-2003, 11:01 PM
that's a rather nice car you have there fella, but what are those things pretruding front the front bar, opposite the number plate?

oodis
05-08-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Nogger
hehe... I hope you're not talking about the S3... ;)
Which color will you get? (not talking about S3...)

no not the new S3.......the murc ;)

oodis
05-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by badboybarge
that's a rather nice car you have there fella, but what are those things pretruding front the front bar, opposite the number plate?

thats the american specs for 2001. for 2001 all 911 turbos had american specs and the ones that arent in america has the bumperetee, american specs. I cant take them off, they are bolted on the bumper but the bumper will be changed and instead there will be a strosek one

amenasce
05-08-2003, 08:12 PM
oodis , really nice wing u put on ur 996 ! I really like 9ff , their mods are sublte yet aggressive.

How have u spec'd ur Murcie ?

oodis
05-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by amenasce
oodis , really nice wing u put on ur 996 ! I really like 9ff , their mods are sublte yet aggressive.

How have u spec'd ur Murcie ?

they have some nice stuff but not when it comes down to tuning.
yellow with blue interior and yellow piping. I saw it on a 360 and fell in love.
Here is a more professional shot

Misho
12-22-2003, 11:45 PM
so where r u from odis ???

anyways, can u turn an auomatic into a manual and vice versa ???
what will be the potential problems?

Swissbeatz
12-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Oody, you got a very nice car. But your front bumper is a little bit too extravagant. But the othe sides of the car are very nice. You TT has 550hp?? Woow!!! I got a Porsche carrera 4, and I plan to add a TT wing but it's too expensive, my dealership tell me that it will cost more than 2000$ cause he must change many parts on the rear of the car. I plan to put a TT front bumper, a new exhaust system and modify my engine. Now my car is STOCK, it just got 320hp and I want to reach 460hp on a Carrera 4. What do you recommend me to add??

Egg Nog
12-24-2003, 03:54 AM
I plan to put a TT front bumper, a new exhaust system and modify my engine. Now my car is STOCK, it just got 320hp and I want to reach 460hp on a Carrera 4. What do you recommend me to add??

Well, I hope you guys don't expect a hurried reply... Oodis hasn't posted here in 7 months :)

Anyway, I've got somewhat of a warning for you: From the factory, Porsche refuses to install a single-piece front or rear aerokit; rather, you have to get neither front nor rear, or get both.

As an option on the 911 Turbo, if you opt for the aero-package, you cannot get a front lip or the additional rear spoiler on its own due to "potential high speed instability".

Motorer1
12-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Is this the same person as TURBO_FREAK from supercars.net a long time ago?

EDIT: I just read that you are in fact turbo_freak in the miscellaneous forum. As a long time forum drifter at SC.net, I remember you and all that crap you had to post because all those losers never believed it was your car :) Classic. Just classic. Anyway, gorgeous car. I like what you've done with it, especially the look of that new rear end.

Let's just say your Porsche is a "little bit" faster than mine. Hey, I can always dream :)
Jezz, wish you believed me about the Skyline. lol.

Egg Nog
12-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Jezz, wish you believed me about the Skyline. lol.

Well, I remember that this user posted a lot of stuff on Supercars.net, including a peice of paper with his username on it inside the car. :) :D

This was all done after people had doubted him, and it took him quite a while, including dozens of hi-res pictures of it from different angles in different places, for him to finally earn some respect and belief. :)