PDA

View Full Version : Honda SuperCivic

Kooper
03-27-2006, 04:11 PM
OK, I'd like this to turn into a contest, so if anyone else wants to join in, please do! :) Afterwards, we can turn this into a poll and have the full deal. Only rules that will apply is that the background may not be changed and the chopped pic must be the same resolution as the original.

I took the 2006 Civic and thoroughly redesigned it. I know it's only a side-view chop, but give me time, still learning the ropes. ;)

Also, some technical changes I would've made:

Take two S2000 engines, re-engineer them to form a 4-litre V8 with roughly 350kW and 420N.m. Increase the rpm-ceiling to about 10000. Make liberal use of berrilium in the engine material.

Convert the drivetrain to be RWD. 4WD also an option, but personally I prefer RWD.

Beg Honda to create a 6 spd. twin-clutch manu-matic paddle-shifter and fit that.

Fit double-wishbone suspension all round.

Replace roof with CF unit, replace all cockpit glass with Plexiglass units, remove rearseats, replace frontseats with Carbon Kevlar reinforced racing buckets.

Fit Carbon Kevlar rollcage.

Remove sound-system and other items such as satnav.

Remove airbags and instead replace standard seatbelts with multipoint harnesses.

Replace hood and boot with CF units.

Replace standard bumpers with Carbon-plastic units.

Replace doors with CF units.

Fit engine behind front wheels' baseline.

Fit the gearbox at the rear diff. Target weight distribution: 51:49 f:r.

Fit magnesium O.Z. racing wheels fitted with 265/35 ZR 19s (f) and 295/30 ZR 19s (r). Tyres: Michelin Cup semi-slicks.

Lastly, go humiliate some Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche drivers... :D

Oh yeah, don't forget the Carbon-Ceramic brakes!

Man I keep forgetting stuff! Make sure the underside of the car is clean, in other words F1 racecar clean. Nothing that will interfere with the airflow beneath the car, except maybe two NACA-style ducts to feed cool air to the rear-discs. Also, make sure a functional rear aerofoil is fitted to the boot, as well as a truly monstrous rear-diffuser, hell yeah!

BlueSubaruSTi
03-27-2006, 04:16 PM
...............Why?

Kooper
03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Because it's totally wicked! Imagine Honda producing this in a very limited number, I'm thinking 100. Could be a great advertiser for the bog-standard Civic and Honda's F1 exploits.

But mostly because I'll find it ammusing and utterly brave.

kingofthering
03-27-2006, 04:54 PM
wow..... I want one. where do i sign up?

Kooper
03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Hehe! Glad you like it kingofthering! :)

2ndclasscitizen
03-27-2006, 05:57 PM
hmmmm, the engine sounds like a nice idea, but why not put it in a SuperS2000, or better yet, the NSX replacement if Honda make one? But then, why not do an F50? Stretch their new F1 V8 out a bit and make it road-usuable

Kooper
03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I thought about that.
Why have this when a new NSX is immenent? I don't know, I guess I like standard shopping-trolleys souped up to supercar-killing levels. No artificial power like turbos, supers or nitros (nothing against someone who does), but high-revving neck-hair-raising power!
Think of the possibilities... Honda can enter DTM, GT races and so much more, make it a pace-car for races, heck, have one-make championships...
Sort of like the CLK-DTM and the SLR, though not to the same degree as this Civic...
Just for interest's sake, I once heard this rumour of why Merc decided to restrict the CLK-DTM to 330. They knew it could do more, but felt it would be embarrassing to have their own supercar beaten by a model based on a "cooking" version... Don't know if there's any truth to that though.

But back to this car, the world will be a better place with more wacky cars, at least as far as I'm concerned. This car would fall under "wacky" and maybe "pointless", but hopefully under "ballsy" and "interesting" too. ;)

BlueSubaruSTi
03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Ah, see... I missed the RWD part. The civic (and countless other "sport economy " cars would be much more appealing if they weren't all wrong wheel drive. The GTi... Civic.. even tEh SrT4!!! I can understand why manufactures go with FWD for safetys sake. But couldn't they just dail in an insane ammount of understeer (make it easy to remove of course) and call it a day? Really if they got the weight balance correct in the first place it wouldn't have the incliment weather advantages at all.

Off topic i guess... carbon/kevlar rollcage huh? Has that ever been done before?

Kooper
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Carbon-Kevlar rollcage, uhm... not sure to be honest.
Thought it should be pretty kool, and I heard it's used in bullet-proofing applications. If it can withstand bullets, it should be up to the job of protecting the cockpit from bumps and grinds, plus being severely lighter.

I wonder if it's been done before, never thought of it until now... :confused:

NuclearCrap
03-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Can I draw one instead of PS'ing cause I donno how to do real PS stuffs? :D

I can get one drawn in about a day, sideview. :)

drakkie
03-28-2006, 04:49 AM
I can understand why manufactures go with FWD for safetys sake.

wrong,mainly they do it to create extra space in the interior and costs are also much lower AND the loss in friction is slightly less if engine is in the front :) AND offcourse its a bit safer.

Vaigra
03-28-2006, 01:27 PM
nice chop, that shortened snout looks so much better. What exactly is the nature of this competition though? It just seems like a normal chop comp to me...

Kooper
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Normal Chop Comp, Special Chop Comp, makes no difference to me. Even if anyone wants to submit a chopped Civic with a different background or resolution that's fine too. :)

@NuclearCrap:

Sure dude, I'd like to see it and I'm sure others will too.

If anyone does a chop or a drawing, if you want you can add some tech. specs as well of how you'd have done a SuperCivic. No limits.