PDA

View Full Version : VE Commodore SS Ute

bency
03-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm really keen to see what the new design brings in jan 2007, anyone seen any preview pictures of the ute??

fpv_gtho
03-30-2006, 11:19 PM
The sedan is supposedly carrying alot of muscle in its design over the basic sedan, so alot of that would carry over to the ute. It remains to be seen though the true look of the VE so making muscle on a boring base might still be boring, so we'll have to wait

adrenaline
03-31-2006, 04:06 AM
anyone know approx dates/ quarters when the other variants of the VE (such as the statesman) will be released? i didnt think that the utility or wagon would be replaced for a long while after...i heard last year that the VZ wagons/ utes would sell alongside the VE sedan for quite a period of time....

if the VE is going to sell alongside VZs then i would say thats the reason for the (so far) sedated design...so it doesnt alienate the rest of the range too much.

SlickHolden
03-31-2006, 08:40 AM
I think August i herd? 1 month later Statesman i think.
I don't know if Holden even has the green light for the Ute yet? But it's close i think, Now if they don't make one it will be a silly as leaving a base model sedan out. The crewman's have been pretty much a winner for them, Can't count the amount i have seen but they still don't fit long ways into a car park and i don't like that when cars won't fit into parks. If you park infront of them and they are over then your car sticks out 2 meters:eek:

nota
03-31-2006, 09:13 AM
but they still don't fit long ways into a car park and i don't like that when cars won't fit into parks. If you park infront of them and they are over then your car sticks out 2 meters:eek:
Crewman driver: Does my arse look big in this? :o

SlickHolden
03-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Crewman driver: Does my arse look big in this? :o
LOL:D Yes:D
My brother went in his friends Crewman SS last year, He said it was hot the people just keep looking at it but it bows bad and made lots of creaks:eek:? First model maybe?

nota
03-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Dunno mate but you reminded me of a road test on a Volvo C70 convertible; the reviewer said it "had the torsional strength of a mattress' :D

SlickHolden
03-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Dunno mate but you reminded me of a road test on a Volvo C70 convertible; the reviewer said it "had the torsional strength of a mattress' :D
Was it a double bed, Cause i need one:D

fpv_gtho
03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
The Crewman's unlikely to continue without the One Tonner as much of the same tooling's used for both rear ends. If they couldnt justify the one tonner anymore than the Crewman's got no chance of going it alone

2ndclasscitizen
04-01-2006, 02:43 AM
I duuno, Holden's sold shit loads of crewmans, I see them everywhere, though I work in an industrial area, but there's bugger all 1-tonners around

Mr. Jinx
04-01-2006, 05:47 AM
I think August i herd? 1 month later Statesman i think.
I don't know if Holden even has the green light for the Ute yet? But it's close i think, Now if they don't make one it will be a silly as leaving a base model sedan out. The crewman's have been pretty much a winner for them, Can't count the amount i have seen but they still don't fit long ways into a car park and i don't like that when cars won't fit into parks. If you park infront of them and they are over then your car sticks out 2 meters:eek:
stato would have more than a one month delay me thinks

SlickHolden
04-01-2006, 08:36 AM
I duuno, Holden's sold shit loads of crewmans, I see them everywhere, though I work in an industrial area, but there's bugger all 1-tonners around
I'm the same i see them all the time and I'm away from most of the industrial sights, And i have not seen one Onetonner.

gustov
04-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Holden wants to release the stato close (about a month after i'd say) to the VE because they are a huge exporter for holden and they would like to keep them updated. The statesman is sold as a daewoo in korea and as a chev in the middle east

Mr. Jinx
04-02-2006, 12:19 AM
And as a Buick in China. On China, how pussy are we not bringing up their human rights abuses?

nota
04-02-2006, 12:41 AM
And as a Buick in China. On China, how pussy are we not bringing up their human rights abuses?
We are pragmatic pussys, considering China is our 2nd largest trading partner and soon destined to overtake japan. And at least the Chinese haven't obliged our involvement towards the illegal/immoral ruination of Iraq - unlike another of our partners, those "you're either with us - or against us" paragons of virtue & 'democracy' :rolleyes:

adrenaline
04-02-2006, 02:47 AM
on the subject of big vehicles...i saw something i didnt quite understand lastnight.....a V8 adventra TAXI!! LX8 it was.

LOL...the guy must be spending all his profit on PETROL!!

fpv_gtho
04-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Technically he wouldnt, as petrol costs would be included in the operating costs so his profits would be calculated after they were deducted

adrenaline
04-02-2006, 02:51 AM
Yeah i dont know the technicalities...but overall, i dont understand why you would use a V8 crossover as a suburban taxi...its just...not smart!! :D

nota
04-02-2006, 05:41 AM
Recent AMC magazines have show pics and recollections of a Ford XR GT which was bought brand new in 1967 for use as a Launceston taxi

"With reference to the photos of the XR GT Taxi I remember the car well. The owner was a very good friend of mine. His name was Barry Sulzburger .. etc. I was the owner of the very first XR GT to be delivered in Tasmania, and when he saw it he just had to have one, so he got one and wheeled it straight out of the showroom onto the Taxi rank. I told him at the time he was a dead set dickhead, but guess what? He had people lined up to get a ride in it and he told me that it paid for itself in a very short time. I can hear all the GT fanciers moaning now but big Barry had a ball."

I once drove a near-new XC Fairmont 4.9 (Cleveland) taxi, it was great

SlickHolden
04-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Hope the Adventra runs on Gas:D

gustov
04-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Picture of a computer generated ve ss ute, sedan exec wagan and sedan aswell in drive.

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=11333&vf=7&bg=24&pp=0

fpv_gtho
04-06-2006, 10:27 PM
New info already featured here: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22388&page=5

2ndclasscitizen
04-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Picture of a computer generated ve ss ute, sedan exec wagan and sedan aswell in drive.

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=11333&vf=7&bg=24&pp=0
Those are such shitty chops

SlickHolden
04-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Do you mean the Ute and waggon?? Cause i think they look like turd on a plate lol:D Go back to chop chop school:p But if they are what they might look like I'm not buying one thats for sure.
But i like the SS and exec is alright.

Blitz_
04-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Those are such shitty chops

Watch what you say you 'tard, seriously get a grip, i'd LOVE to see you do a better ground up chop, yes you heard me.

I am a member of PSU and Geary was the one whom did all of them.

http://www.photoshopedup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65778#65778

SlickHolden
04-08-2006, 02:34 AM
Is this going to turn into a cat fight? Gloves on or off:p Can i be the ref??:D

Blitz_
04-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Yes, yes you can :)

SlickHolden
04-08-2006, 07:04 AM
LOL:D Thank you . I want a good clean fight no ball tagging:p. Round 1 ding ding

2ndclasscitizen
04-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Ground up, sure, I believe that. It just seems to me that all that this "Geary" did was add a flat colour to the spy shots of the the VE SS and then make a terrible ute out of it. The exec one its too bad, but it just gets worse from there. There's not a lot of sense of perspective

SlickHolden
04-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah your right it's this shot he worked off.
I didn't like the Ute myself as it leaves a cut 2 doors off look that just doesn't quite look right.

Blitz_
04-08-2006, 09:44 PM
What do you mean though, you still haven't answered me, you couldn't do a better job, they are made from scratch, he has airbrushed the majority of the car from only scraps of spy shots and written detail. And by flat colour, mate its a ****ing studio shot, its not like there's going to be an abundance of colour evident all over the car. If he did add a flat colour to the spy shots, then it would deffiently would NOT look like the final result that he came up with. Yes, there is perspective, his perspective is fine, draw the parrallel lines across the picture that outline perspective and show any mistakes, you would be hard pressed to find them. Im a chopper m8, you're not, you simply think there should be an over done chop everytime an artist impression is done. Its not a tuner chop, its an impressionist one, and he's done it very, very good.

fpv_gtho
04-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Watch what you say you 'tard, seriously get a grip, i'd LOVE to see you do a better ground up chop, yes you heard me.

I am a member of PSU and Geary was the one whom did all of them.

http://www.photoshopedup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65778#65778

What what YOU say before you find yourself on the other side of a ban.

I dont care what the circumstances are, personal attacks are absolutely not tolerated by any of the mods.

Consider yourself warned.

2ndclasscitizen
04-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Im a chopper m8, you're not, you simply think there should be an over done chop everytime an artist impression is done. Its not a tuner chop, its an impressionist one, and he's done it very, very good.
Where did you get that impression that I "simply think there should be an over done chop everytime an artist impression is done"? To me, an artist's impression of a car would be a sketch or CG taken from hints only, not just colour and a bit more detail added to a spy shot. You're right, I'm not a chopper, I have no interest in doing them and have no idea how long they take, but, I can still express an opinion. Did ya think about that?

Oil
04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I think the chops are awsome, great work mate:)