PDA

View Full Version : Name theft?

Doza
03-10-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm starting to glean from the posts since my absence that someone's trying to hack into people's accounts. Someone tried to get mine. And then now there's the thing with bat. Anyone else attacked too?

Batmobile_Turbo
03-10-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm starting to glean from the posts since my absence that someone's trying to hack into people's accounts. Someone tried to get mine. And then now there's the thing with bat. Anyone else attacked too?
i really hope he doesn't hack into yours too soza, he hacked into wertys origionally, and when i tried to defend werty he threatened to hack mine and carlovers(who was also defending werty) anyway, werty is now ENZOMAN.

carlover
03-11-2004, 06:17 AM
i really hope he doesn't hack into yours too soza, he hacked into wertys origionally, and when i tried to defend werty he threatened to hack mine and carlovers(who was also defending werty) anyway, werty is now ENZOMAN.

Do you think asdfgh just guessed peoples passwords? Or do you think he had some special way of finding out?

baddabang
03-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Do you think asdfgh just guessed peoples passwords? Or do you think he had some special way of finding out?

im sure he had a way to find out its would take alot of work to guess a password

TrueChaoZ
03-11-2004, 04:05 PM
you don't have any information about the HACKS?

what is he trying to do? do you know anything?

Matra et Alpine
03-11-2004, 04:15 PM
im sure he had a way to find out its would take alot of work to guess a password
oh yeah ?
I'm not going to state the obvious ones on public.
:)
But password 'guessing' is easy as so many people make obvious passwords.
It's best to NOT use words, dates . . if you are going to use words, replace some of the I's with 1s ( eyes with ones ) or eclamation marks and o's with 0s ( oohs with zeros ). Not all, some and that makes it hard to manually attack and helps protect it from computerised hack.

carlover
03-11-2004, 04:15 PM
you don't have any information about the HACKS?

what is he trying to do? do you know anything?

All of the hackers that we know of have been banned. A guy called asdfgh started posting rude and immature posts. Then he somehow found out another guy called werty's password. Me and Batmobile_Turbo were online at that moment and defended werty, who (after the attacks) changed his name to ENZOMAN. A super moderator cleared everything up but not before there had been a lot of renaming and new accounts including werty2, werty3, and asdfgh2. All the trouble makers were banned except for asdfgh2 who caused some more trouble. He is banned now and everything, I think, is back to normal. But now that I've heard that doza got attacked I'm not so sure it is... I don't know how asdfgh accsesed werty's account but I don't think he guessed the password...

carlover
03-11-2004, 04:16 PM
oh yeah ?
I'm not going to state the obvious ones on public.
:)
But password 'guessing' is easy as so many people make obvious passwords.
It's best to NOT use words, dates . . if you are going to use words, replace some of the I's with 1s ( eyes with ones ) or eclamation marks and o's with 0s ( oohs with zeros ). Not all, some and that makes it hard to manually attack and helps protect it from computerised hack.
My password is probaly the least obvious on this site. No way anyone is hacking into this baby! :)

TrueChaoZ
03-11-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't think that too.
Maybe some one is going to be looking into the security of the forum.
Who's gonna be the ONE?

:cool:

Batmobile_Turbo
03-11-2004, 04:37 PM
My password is probaly the least obvious on this site. No way anyone is hacking into this baby! :)
i will tell everyone my password: it is a series of these **** :D
anyway, i think asdfgh is just trying to scare us because if he has a way to hack into accounts, i would be hacked by now, and he has only tried to, so i don't think he will. my advice to everyone with an obvious password is to change it immediantly.

TrueChaoZ
03-11-2004, 04:48 PM
yep that's so true.
obvious passwords are always dangerous
and you have a point, IF he could break into the account easily he would break into many, then he already should have done that
OR he is SO smart to not do that so that we think he cannot do that :confused:

You better be watched!....uhmmmm

You'd better watch out! ;)

Matra et Alpine
03-11-2004, 05:03 PM
i will tell everyone my password: it is a series of these **** :D
anyway, i think asdfgh is just trying to scare us because if he has a way to hack into accounts, i would be hacked by now, and he has only tried to, so i don't think he will. my advice to everyone with an obvious password is to change it immediantly.
I was tracking him at the time - an early baptism of fire foryour latest SuperMod :)
Anyway, he was NOT hacking anything.
He was SAYING that he was, but he wasn't.
Unfortunately, the threat of being hacked is enough to cause mistrust.
Personally I'd force every hacker to drive a LADA for the rest of their life as punishment !!!

TrueChaoZ
03-11-2004, 05:14 PM
LOL :D :cool:

Batmobile_Turbo
03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
how did you find out that someone has tried to get yours anyway??

I am curious about that too...

baddabang
03-11-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't think that too.
Maybe some one is going to be looking into the security of the forum.
Who's gonna be the ONE?

:cool:

what do you mean that you want someone to look into forum security???
and iv never seen you around and your admin?? how often do you come on :p

TrueChaoZ
03-11-2004, 05:41 PM
what do you mean that you want someone to look into forum security???
and iv never seen you around and your admin?? how often do you come on :p

yeah yeah....you see my reputation.... IT IS THE ONE :P
and my number of posts is also not very very much...I can change that :p

I am the new technical operator on the site, working on a huge update, but you(the visitors) will never see that ;)
I am admin(super admin :p) since the opening of this forum, but I didn't have much time to express myself on this forum. AND
I don't know much about cars, so in that kind of forums you will not see me talking ;)
offcourse I did mean myself looking into the security.... :eek:

baddabang
03-11-2004, 06:43 PM
oh thats cool. Well welcome to UCP im badda

Doza
03-11-2004, 08:04 PM
how did you find out that someone has tried to get yours anyway??

I am curious about that too...
I got an email saying someone tried to access it five times and failed and it was locked for 15 minutes. I put two and two together.

Falcon500
03-13-2004, 03:45 AM
At schhol w had our own personal accounts so i just chose things that people wouldent get eg like and this isnt mypassword so dont bother T A S M I N with a space between each letter.

asdfgh2
03-13-2004, 08:59 PM
All of the hackers that we know of have been banned. A guy called asdfgh started posting rude and immature posts. Then he somehow found out another guy called werty's password. Me and Batmobile_Turbo were online at that moment and defended werty, who (after the attacks) changed his name to ENZOMAN. A super moderator cleared everything up but not before there had been a lot of renaming and new accounts including werty2, werty3, and asdfgh2. All the trouble makers were banned except for asdfgh2 who caused some more trouble. He is banned now and everything, I think, is back to normal. But now that I've heard that doza got attacked I'm not so sure it is... I don't know how asdfgh accsesed werty's account but I don't think he guessed the password...

man u couldn't be more wrong

IBrake4Rainbows
03-13-2004, 09:15 PM
hmmm, maybe you need to be banned perminatly, and i know you'll come back, but we have ways of making you stop.......

carlover
03-13-2004, 09:18 PM
man u couldn't be more wrong
man u couldn't be more ****ed up

fpv_gtho
03-16-2004, 05:30 AM
So Matra's saying the guy is faking it and only threatening to hack into accounts, whilst Doza's said someones tried to get in, so whats the official story? ive been getting a few weird emails lately, things like emails with attachments that have been locked by MSN Hotmail or other things like emails with all this crap on (just random characters i guess you could describe it as) so im wondering if theres any link here.....

Matra et Alpine
03-16-2004, 05:40 AM
So Matra's saying the guy is faking it and only threatening to hack into accounts, whilst Doza's said someones tried to get in, so whats the official story?
A wee bit of clarification.......
A user trying to guess someones password by hand I don't consider an attempt to 'hack'.
Any decent password makes that near impossible to get in.
A 'hack' would be exploiting a weakness in the system, bypassing the password authentication, reading the password files or computer-generated multiple password guesses.
He wasn't doing any of that and he was only claiming to be in. he wasn't.

ive been getting a few weird emails lately, things like emails with attachments that have been locked by MSN Hotmail or other things like emails with all this crap on (just random characters i guess you could describe it as) so im wondering if theres any link here.....
This is the worst nowadays :(
Any time you put your e-mail into the public domain you WILL be attacked.

For $10 you can buy a cd with 10million e-mail addresses.
The people who make these trawl newsgroup, forums, etc and extract e-mail addresses to include in the lists they sell.
Some viruses use your own address book to send more e-mails ( and spread the knowledge of you and your friends e-mail addresses to the 'listers' )

Best protection from these automatic scanners is to de-spam your address.
Soem of the common ones are to add the word spam or nospam to your e-mail domain address. BUT, some of the scanners are now removing the obvious changes like these :(. Make it unusual and have instructions in your sig on what to add/remove. None of these are guaranteed protection and the industry does have to find a way to limit this somehow.

fpv_gtho
03-16-2004, 05:46 AM
A wee bit of clarification.......
A user trying to guess someones password by hand I don't consider an attempt to 'hack'.
Any decent password makes that near impossible to get in.
A 'hack' would be exploiting a weakness in the system, bypassing the password authentication, reading the password files or computer-generated multiple password guesses.
He wasn't doing any of that and he was only claiming to be in. he wasn't.

This is the worst nowadays :(
Any time you put your e-mail into the public domain you WILL be attacked.

For $10 you can buy a cd with 10million e-mail addresses.
The people who make these trawl newsgroup, forums, etc and extract e-mail addresses to include in the lists they sell.
Some viruses use your own address book to send more e-mails ( and spread the knowledge of you and your friends e-mail addresses to the 'listers' )

Best protection from these automatic scanners is to de-spam your address.
Soem of the common ones are to add the word spam or nospam to your e-mail domain address. BUT, some of the scanners are now removing the obvious changes like these :(. Make it unusual and have instructions in your sig on what to add/remove. None of these are guaranteed protection and the industry does have to find a way to limit this somehow.

well thanks for clearing that all up, i can see how i got it mixed up. one of my friends reckons he's hacked into certain things, but all he's admitted to me is he hacked into a former version of the Nitto 1320 Drag simulator game and just increased his statistics etc on the game. of course he hasnt shown me any of this and barely mentions it anymore so im led to believe hes feeding me BS.

I dont think you could ever protect yourself from whats hiding out there on the net. they say the moment you install the latest edition of Norton Anti-Virus or other such programs that theres already viruses hiding out there that aren't covered by the programs and i suppose that its unfortunate that people get stuck recieving these viruses before something can be done about then

Pliz
03-21-2004, 03:14 AM
if you find my someone from my username swearing hardcore in public and being very rude then IT WONT BE ME!!! seriously people it wont be me and if you've been on the forums for a while then you'll know why...besides i know of a website that will give you free hacking tools and software and also free software to protect from hackers plus i also found this article on how hackers get passwords from your computer...not just the computer ones but the ones you use on the internet like your ultimatecarpage password etc so i think i know where that kid is getting his stuff from...oh yeah NEVER save your passwords eg in UCP when you click 'remember me' (or something) your password automatically gets saved on your computer making it much easier for hackers gaining your passwords...