PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break : Recommendations

Rockefella
04-06-2006, 04:18 PM
My friend's got his house to himself for the next 10 days, and I'll be drinking every one of those nights. Give me beer/liquor ideas, I'll need some help here. Cost isn't TOO much of a problem for me.

Wouter, if you want me to delete this thread, just tell me. ;) It may not be a proper UCP thread, which I understand.

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Guinness.

Buy Guinness and keep it safe.

Also, if you can get a-hold of some absynth, that would go down a storm. Absolut Vodka is amazing, particularly the vanilla one.

Rockefella
04-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Guinness.

Buy Guinness and keep it safe.

Also, if you can get a-hold of some absynth, that would go down a storm. Absolut Vodka is amazing, particularly the vanilla one.
I was expecting you to say Grolsch. ;)

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-06-2006, 04:40 PM
I was expecting you to say Grolsch. ;)
Just because I drank that on St. Pat's doesn't make me a hardcore Grolsch fan!!

... much :D

Get Grolsch too :) but not Stella. Stella is pike. *eyes up the 12 cans of Stella he has left in porch*.

:Exige:
04-06-2006, 04:46 PM
A man of good taste I see. Guinness fills a gap, absynth burns the gap to oblivion in an enjoyable manner :)

Personally its always a laugh to get as many different drinks you can and cocktail it. Always provides some interesting results methinks.

bmwpower
04-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I have never tried it but I've heard that Smirnoff Green Apple is in a leugue of it's own, i'm planning on trying it soon enough.

mclaren_crazy
04-06-2006, 04:50 PM
just straight tequilla....or a beer funnel, those are always fun

kko
04-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Jack And Baileys.

clutch-monkey
04-06-2006, 05:50 PM
for breakfast, never forget to use kahlua with your cocopops instead of milk.

CHEESE-TACULAR
04-06-2006, 05:51 PM
hold off on friday and go to the autoshow :)

DiabloVT
04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
you can always get some jagermiester! jagerbombs (jagermiester+red bull) will kill you and leave you bleeding out on some random persons doorstep.
as for drink ideas, dont go for anything too expensive, that way you can buy more! really wish you overseas fellas got to have the australian beers i enjoy, not that fosters "crap in a can".
we know how to make a good beer, we're a nation of binge drinkers afterall:D

coolieman1220
04-06-2006, 07:45 PM
ok or how about we sign you into an Alcohol Annonymous club?

PsychoChimp22
04-06-2006, 07:48 PM
My drink of choice is rum & coke, although many people dont like it.

I LOVE beer too, and RS6 is right when he says Guinness, Guinness Extra Stout is probably the best beer ive ever had lol. Not sure how much it costs tho, i didnt buy it the one time i had it.

I usualy buy MGD, Guinness or Bud Light. Ive had some others, like coors, blue ribbon.. and some mexicans: corona, pacifico.. and red hook, local Seattle beer. But the reason i go for the main stream beers is because you can get 18 packs at 7-11 for $13 lol.

If you wanna get drunk fast and cheap, the way to go is Hard-A. You can take shots but thats hardly enjoyable imo haha, thats why i usualy mix. Just double the alcohol you put into your drinks and youll be experiencing personal injury via stair diving in no time!

BTW: Getting drunk 10 nights in a row, bad idea - but have fun :)

shee10
04-06-2006, 07:49 PM
kokanee....a sick canadian beer.. and its not a bad price

clutch-monkey
04-06-2006, 07:50 PM
rocke may be missing more than a few brain cells by the end of spring break. Its not like he can spare any :D

Rockefella
04-06-2006, 08:24 PM
BTW: Getting drunk 10 nights in a row, bad idea - but have fun :)
Don't worry, I drank about 70-80% of the nights in the summer. However, I don't drink to get retarded, but drink enough where at least I know what I'm doing to an extent. On an average party night I'll drink anywhere from 9-12 beers.

Matt
04-06-2006, 11:56 PM
This sounds nasty, but I promise everyone will want you to share it by the end of the night.

Go buy a big bottle of Welch's white grape juice. Pour half of it out (or drink it if you want, I guess). Fill the jug the rest of the way up with whiskey and make sure it's mixed well. It's great and the plastic bottle is good to have at parties. Plus, if the party happens to get busted, you're just caught carrying a juice bottle. :)

Spastik_Roach
04-07-2006, 04:15 AM
hold off on friday and go to the autoshow :)

No. Just no.

henk4
04-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Get some bottles of Chablis:)

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-07-2006, 08:41 AM
If you can get Green Frog in America... do so. My word, what a drink :D

I had some at a friend's birthday party earlier this year, and it was trippy. After a few glasses of it, things were appearing as they were not.

Quiggs
04-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Captain and Coke for the win.

h00t_h00t
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Skittle Brau!

Rockefella
04-07-2006, 03:37 PM
UPDATE

Thursday Night: Just had 6 cans of Coors Light considering I had school the next morning. Just got a buzz from it.

Friday (so far): Went and bought a 12 of Stella Artois. I've never had it before but I've been pleasantly surprised, although it's too sweet for my tastes. I'm going back out to drink in about an hour.

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Friday (so far): Went and bought a 12 of Stella Artois. I've never had it before but I've been pleasantly surprised, although it's too sweet for my tastes. I'm going back out to drink in about an hour.
YOU BOUGHT WIFE BEATER!!!

Haha!!! I'm drinking that right now :D

Rockefella
04-07-2006, 04:12 PM

Haha!!! I'm drinking that right now :D
Is it a cheap beer? Lol, it cost me 15 bucks for a 12 in bottles, which is quite expensive for a teen like me.

Egg Nog
04-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Cost isn't TOO much of a problem for me.

it cost me 15 bucks for a 12 in bottles, which is quite expensive

Hilarious :)

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Is it a cheap beer? Lol, it cost me 15 bucks for a 12 in bottles, which is quite expensive for a teen like me.
The adverts here refer to it as "Reassuringly Expensive" :p and it's just an OK price. The real scum of beer is Carling Black Label...

I've drunk far too much Stella tonight. It's a pike beer. Beware the pikes.

magracer
04-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Being young I suppose that you like sweet drinks so I suggest:

- white rum with sprite or similar
- "black" rum with coca cola
- vodka and orange juice (Absolut)
- gin and tonic or ginger ale (beware, tastes like candy but hits hard!) (Tanquerai)

But also being young I also suppose that one of those nights you are going to drink silly and there's nothing like tequila for that.;)

my porsche
04-07-2006, 05:29 PM
while i personally havent tried any of these in large quantities, these are some that taste nice...

kalhua
dark rum
scotch
lemonchello (is that what its called? make belinis out of it?)

beer tastes terrible to me, dso cant make any suggestions there

Jack_Bauer
04-07-2006, 05:48 PM
while i personally havent tried any of these in large quantities, these are some that taste nice...

kalhua
dark rum
scotch
lemonchello (is that what its called? make belinis out of it?)

beer tastes terrible to me, dso cant make any suggestions there

I'm assuming you mean Limoncello, Italian liqueur from the Amalfi coast. It is very tasty, but not something you really go drinking vast quantities of, mainly because it's VERY sweet and ideally it needs to be served VERY chilled. Not much fun at a party spending the whole night going to and from the freezer! :p

my porsche
04-07-2006, 08:21 PM
thats it! yeah i like it, sweet, just get a cooler chock full of ice water, duh... :p

Quiggs
04-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Dear Rock,

Since I'm going to be in New Jersey on Sunday, you should invite me over to drink.

<3 That is all.

IBrake4Rainbows
04-08-2006, 01:43 AM
It's expensive stuff, but since I don't like getting heavily drunk I've always gone for Asahi Beer.

Good to get if you can find it.

but since your planning to get hammered, hire a full keg and a funnel - you'll not remember the taste of what your drinking after a while, and you won't care.....

DiabloVT
04-08-2006, 03:05 AM

is Stella considered wife-beater overseas? its pretty bloody expensive here, $18 for a 6 pack (roughly 6 pounds for you limies).
the REAL aussie wife beater is Emu Export:cool: and trust me, its so horrendously bad that i doubt any country would accept it as an export of beer. cheaper than water tho, and its the beverage of choice for our indegenious population (that and goon (aka. cask wine)):D

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-08-2006, 03:13 AM
is Stella considered wife-beater overseas? its pretty bloody expensive here, $18 for a 6 pack (roughly 6 pounds for you limies).
the REAL aussie wife beater is Emu Export:cool: and trust me, its so horrendously bad that i doubt any country would accept it as an export of beer. cheaper than water tho, and its the beverage of choice for our indegenious population (that and goon (aka. cask wine)):D
It is the beer of scum. And I paid £8.99 (that's AU$21.49) for 20 cans, 440ml. I think that's fairly cheap!

The_Canuck
04-08-2006, 08:38 AM
all the Canadians should be suppoting our beers: get labbats blue, kokanee and that honey lager thats like 24 Canadians dollars for 24 lol

Rockefella
04-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Hilarious :)
Trust me, we normally spend 5 bucks a night drinking from 30 packs that cost like 13-15 bucks. Getting 12 for 15 may sound cheap to you guys, but it's expensive for my lifestyle. (considering I don't frequent bars ;))

matek
04-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Ha Ha reading over i see none you have done the cheapo race of kings:p

Go buy four packs from every Supermarket ie get theyre own brands like tesco value, sainsburys basic(4 pack is 88p, worryingly cheap) and run round an athletics track you have drink a can every 100m very bad at the end of the night but loads of fun:p

Our skool also has the Oratory mile which is running from wimbledon village to the bottom of wimbledon which is a mile going into every pub drinking a pint the first to the bottom without throwing up wins:p

Also at new years we were bored two years ago so raded a mates house went through all cupboards mixed every thing looked apauling:

Contained:
port
wite wine
red wine
whiskey
skotch
coca cola
vodka, the usual smirnoff
Absolute (flavours, which i actually enjoy very fun drinking on its own)
a mixture of beers( i know sacrilage but it was bet)

I think that was about it plus a few spirits, by the end i was naked in a downstairs bed room very bad every one that drank it cant remember a part of the night very bad when u get people walking up to saying wow that was amazing what u did and you cant rememebr:s

So any ways try every thing have fun, remeber the extremists saying

"you havent lived until uve tried it"

:p