PDA

View Full Version : Any Car and Any Engine

MrVette83
03-11-2004, 06:57 PM
If you could combine any car and any engine what combo would you choose? There are no parameters to follow here, if you wanna put a big block Chevy in a Honda CRX by all means let that be your pick.

sandwich
03-11-2004, 07:14 PM
i want a geo metro with a 427 sohc

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Matra et Alpine
03-11-2004, 07:22 PM
F1 Renault 1500cc Turbo in an A110.

The engine started development there before being moved into the F1 program.
unfortunately, it never made it into A110 production.

If only .... 1000bhp in 600kg driving the rear wheels :)

Now THAT would have made an interesting car !!!!

Niko_Fx
03-11-2004, 07:27 PM
I think I would get an "Euroworks The Attack"

It looks awesome and it only weights 1,870 lbs (850kg) due to the fact that it's made out of carbon fiber mostly. That's about 700lbs less than a Honda Civic.

I would put a big 12 cylinder 680hp McLaren F1 LM engine and have the ultimate supercar.

sutton4481
03-11-2004, 07:30 PM
How bout a Caterpillar C15 in a Civic? It probably weighs more than the Civic and its got 1850 lb-ft of torque and 928 cubic inches.

MrVette83
03-11-2004, 07:36 PM
How bout a Caterpillar C15 in a Civic? It probably weighs more than the Civic and its got 1850 lb-ft of torque and 928 cubic inches.

I know the engine you're talking about, but, in a civic, why not go for a Cummins ISX? 600hp, 2200lb-ft, i mean granted now, we're gonna have a bias of about 90%-10% where ever the engine is placed in the chassis. I'd also like to see where it would be mounted, that back seat and trunk area? Where? But all in all not a bad idea. lol.

Spastik_Roach
03-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Can we have more than one engine in this? Cause I would put a Bugatti Veyron engine in a Mini, fit 4 turbo's to it, then in the back of the car I would put a Cadillac Sixteen engine in the back, and fit 4 turbo's to it aswell. After that, I would fit a Rolls Royce jet engine to each side of this. Then I would make it RWD! Then I would get a few tanks of 200 shot NOS. Then I would fit a performance chip to the engines. Ofcourse it wouldn't move an inch but it would make an incredible noise and probaly kill the driver because of the heat, but it would be awesome!

Doza
03-11-2004, 08:31 PM
I know the engine you're talking about, but, in a civic, why not go for a Cummins ISX? 600hp, 2200lb-ft, i mean granted now, we're gonna have a bias of about 90%-10% where ever the engine is placed in the chassis. I'd also like to see where it would be mounted, that back seat and trunk area? Where? But all in all not a bad idea. lol.
Probably have so much torque, it'd twist the body apart.
-------
Mine would probably be an old Datsun Z series car(240Z) with a Chevrolet 383 in it. If possible the racing 572 from SD. 900hp-768ftlbs of torque. This of course, would be a death machine.

MrVette83
03-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Ok, maybe there are some parameters, in the form of how it is at the moment people are treating the thread like a farce, I was merely joking myself in reply to the ISX Cummins in the civic, let's try and see if we can keep this to feasible applications. Truthfuly this is my fault that it turned out this way and I appologize. Some applications I can think of that I've seen right off hand are LS1s in RX-7s and BMWs, maybe a 2JZ in an Elise(don't know how that would work dimensionally, but it is merely an example). I personally have not come up with a reply to this thread yet because there are so many directions one could take. Tell me what you think you would do. Thank you.

crisis
03-11-2004, 09:59 PM
If only .... 1000bhp in 600kg driving the rear wheels :)

Just as god intended.

henk4
03-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Just as god intended.

To get his creatures back to him earlier?
I think in this case he would have preferred a mid engined layout.

There have been some interesting applications of aero engines in the past, may be we should think into that direction again. Unfortunately I know very little of modern aero engines. For car engines I think I would put an upgraded VAG V10 TDI into an Enzo.

fpv_gtho
03-12-2004, 03:49 AM
How about a Renesis in an MX-5?

MrVette83
03-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Not a bad idea on the Renesis. I had guy tell me his choice would be a rotary used my Mazda in the 80's for racing(I think it was a 22 or 26B 4rotor). He said the car he would install it in would be an R34 Skyline b/c it has the drivetrain that puts the power where you need it.

MrVette83
03-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Well, since this is my thread and I started it I guess I'll share what i think i would do. I'm pretty sure this is possible if you look at the dimensions. I would take a 2JZ and place it in an MR2. MRWD and that engine combination would be killer. The engine itself can be tuned to high horsepower numbers, while the car is fairly light weight. I believe that the two of those could make a pretty good combo.

sutton4481
03-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Well I guess if we have to be a little more realistic, then I thnk it would be pretty cool if I got a Crown Victoria and put in a Vortec HP3 8100 (I know its a marine engine and its a Chevy, but Ford doesn't have any good engines that I could use to make an awesome sleeper sedan and chevy doesn't make a rear wheel drive full size anymore). That thing would be killer.

Batmobile_Turbo
03-12-2004, 11:29 PM
i would put the V12 of the Enzo in a Corvette. or put the Enzo V12 into the mid of a VW GTI MK1.

NAZCA C2
03-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Maybe a F1 engine in a Miata.

Hot Rod Magazine recently put a 5 liter V8 in a Ford Focus and converted it to rear drive, it looked stock from the outside also.

Niko_Fx
03-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Maybe a F1 engine in a Miata.

Hot Rod Magazine recently put a 5 liter V8 in a Ford Focus and converted it to rear drive, it looked stock from the outside also.

I saw that, it was a 500hp V8. And yes, the car looked stock from the outside.

Imagine that little focus reving harder than a Mustang Cobra :)

Ferrari Tifosi
03-13-2004, 05:03 PM
The 250 series Ferrari V12 engine and put it in a Nissan Sentra.

Egg Nog
03-13-2004, 05:09 PM
I'd see if it would be possible to shoehorn a tailored version of Wally Larson's twin-supercharged 2000+ horsepower Lexus V8 into the middle of a circa 1990 Mazda 323. Naturally, a RWD conversion would be completely necessary.

Matra et Alpine
03-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Would you consider putting a 1500HP turbine engine into a go-kart ?

Common-sense may suggest no.

Not for this guy ......
http://www.meditech.ch/exoticthermoengineering/ete05.html

But if you watch the video at the end, then maybe he's reconsidering it while he recovers :(

MrVette83
03-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Would you consider putting a 1500HP turbine engine into a go-kart ?

Common-sense may suggest no.

Not for this guy ......
http://www.meditech.ch/exoticthermoengineering/ete05.html

But if you watch the video at the end, then maybe he's reconsidering it while he recovers :(

Now that guy is absolutely nuts, but i like it.

Matra et Alpine
03-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Now that guy is absolutely nuts, but i like it.Agreed :)

Here's the still from the critical moment.
Hope he was wearing 3-layer nomex !!!

fpv_gtho
03-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Well I guess if we have to be a little more realistic, then I thnk it would be pretty cool if I got a Crown Victoria and put in a Vortec HP3 8100 (I know its a marine engine and its a Chevy, but Ford doesn't have any good engines that I could use to make an awesome sleeper sedan and chevy doesn't make a rear wheel drive full size anymore). That thing would be killer.

if you want a RWD then you dont want a crown vic, ive heard theyre bloody awful. my choice would be either a BA Falcon or Fairlane, more than likely the Fairlane as its easily the stiffest body to come out of Australia

mooseTSi
03-14-2004, 04:55 PM
I saw that, it was a 500hp V8. And yes, the car looked stock from the outside.

Imagine that little focus reving harder than a Mustang Cobra :)

last summer, some guy brought one to a auto-x event. all he did was smoke them tires.

i would like to see a 2jz or some other turboed-or non- high hp engine in the back of a hatch, like an eclipse or metro etc.

sutton4481
03-19-2004, 11:55 AM
if you want a RWD then you dont want a crown vic, ive heard theyre bloody awful. my choice would be either a BA Falcon or Fairlane, more than likely the Fairlane as its easily the stiffest body to come out of Australia

If I lived in Australia, then I would have a lot more choices for a full size, rear wheel drive sedan, but in America all we have is the Crown Vic, although now the CTS is rear wheel drive too now that I think of it.....

fpv_gtho
03-20-2004, 12:05 AM
well the CTS-V is probably a good choice, heaps of people like them so they cant be all that bad. i think theyre a fiar bit smaller than a crown vic though, if that might be a problem

MikeMcLarenF1
03-20-2004, 12:27 AM
just for fun, I'd take a renault 5 and stuff Zonda's AMG engine in it for RR.

realistically, I'd take a RX-7's engine and mount it in the rear cabin of a Mini Cooper, making it MR :D

Egg Nog
03-20-2004, 01:11 AM
If I lived in Australia, then I would have a lot more choices for a full size, rear wheel drive sedan, but in America all we have is the Crown Vic, although now the CTS is rear wheel drive too now that I think of it.....

Mercury Marauder? ;)

Matra et Alpine
03-20-2004, 06:14 AM
...a Mini Cooper, making it MR :D
For a Mini, I'd take two Yamaha R1 bike engine and put them in.
No wait THAT's been done !!!!! 320bhp in a Mini :) :)
and road legel in the UK :) )
http://www.zcars.org.uk/graphics/mintwpicd.jpg

Just to bring a smile to everyone :)

sutton4481
03-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Mercury Marauder? ;)

Oh ya, I forgot about the Marauder, but it is pretty much just a crown vic with the new Mach 1 Mustang engine anyways.

I doubt a big block would fit in the CTS's engine bay though, I read that Cadillac had to move some AC belts or something on the front of the LS6 to get it into the CTS.

HemiCuda500
03-22-2004, 09:41 AM
I love the pro-street look and would probably have a blown 528 inch Hemi in a 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda. If it's possible, I'd also have it fuel-injected.

megotmea7
03-22-2004, 07:01 PM
naturally id take a FD and stuff a R26b or a 20b behind the seats and make it MR and ~700hp. or take an elise and throw a twin turbo porsche flat-6, f that is even possible(space limitations and all) and tune it to well over 1000hp. my absolute fav. would be (sorry not a car and the engine is already in it) would be a turbo hayabusa making anywhere from 400-700hp :eek:
that is one ride you'd never forget :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/vs_rdp.jpg
http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/vs_dp.jpg
http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/vs_lpro.jpg
http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/velo_raptor3.jpg
http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/velo_tmt.jpg
"It is built to make well over 400 hp and 240lbs of torque"
"Past record holder of Maxton Speed Trials - 225 mph"
sold for only $20,000.

and thats one of SK's "mild" bikes :cool:

Matra et Alpine
03-23-2004, 03:42 AM
....my absolute fav. would be (sorry not a car and the engine is already in it) would be a turbo hayabusa making anywhere from 400-700hp :eek:
Nice for drag strip, but with that length of swing-arm I'd hate to ride it on a bumby road or twisties !!!
Nice pics, thanks :)