PDA

View Full Version : Engine tuning for GS430?

KM2
04-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Given the pretty low and Japan limited 290 or so bhp rating, I was wondering if any tuning kits existed for the engine (or the brothers in Toyota Crown Majesta)? I imagine some 330 hp could be had from the engine.

2ndclasscitizen
04-20-2006, 03:20 AM
Do you have an engine code? There's plenty of tuning around for the 4L Lexus V8, but i'm not sure if the 4.3 is just a bigger version of the 1UZ-FE 4 litre or an entirely new design. Your biggest problem with tuning the GS430 would be the stack of electronic safety devices built into that car, and tuning and modifying the engine electronics could throw these out of whack. Do you own one of these? I'm interested to hear from an owner if all the safety systems actually make it as boring to drive as the reviews say.

KM2
04-20-2006, 09:07 AM
I do not own it yet but my father has it as one of the choices - he's replacing his car at around the end of May. I haven't driven it yet, so unfortunately I cannot give you more on that. It wouldn't be my first choice but convincing my old man to get an Infinity M45 or potentially an Acura RL, both of which should be a lot more fun to drive (I tried the Acura and it was superb - over an identical test route in the Swiss hills it managed corner speeds of 80 kmh being rock steady, where you could do 75 or so in a Legacy Spec B (also rock steady) and 60 with massive rear movements in an Audi A4 3.2 quattro :( The only problem was the engine, which has too little torque) is next to impossible, since they would have to be imported from the US, which makes him somewhat reluctant (he wouldn't mind the Mustang, though, so go figure ;) ). The problem is also that we need to replace 3 cars at almost the same time, so budget is a bit more of a problem than it would usually have been :\

KM2
04-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I cannot seem to find any engine codes :(

www.tte.de also doesn't seem to offer any engine tuning for the new GS430 :\

PerfAdv
04-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Try here: http://www.lextreme.com/
They specialize in Lexus V8s.