PDA

View Full Version : TVR 350 c

austin healey
04-22-2006, 07:33 AM
hi, does anyone know of any lhd tvr t350c, also how much would it be to convert one to lhd.

:Exige:
04-22-2006, 07:45 AM
hi, does anyone know of any lhd tvr t350c, also how much would it be to convert one to lhd.
The people at http://www.tvrdeutschland.de/ would be your best bet. They convert TVRs to LHD. I don't think anyone else does it and if you were to do it yourself, i suspect it would be extremely expensive ... probably as much as the Sagaris which TVR is making a LHD version of for the US market.

Vaigra
04-22-2006, 08:04 AM
You keep asking about cars and what you could buy etc...have you purchased anything yet?

austin healey
04-22-2006, 08:24 AM
i'm trying to find the right one.

Street_Dreamer
04-22-2006, 08:56 AM
if you're going to buy a TVR, buy a sagaris, plus, TVR are making a LHD one

04-22-2006, 08:59 AM
if you're going to buy a TVR, buy a sagaris, plus, TVR are making a LHD one
a Sagaris is about £20k more than a T350 ... I doubt that is an option.

Vaigra
04-22-2006, 09:21 AM
If he see's an Iso Grifo as a viable option, I'm sure a Sagaris won't break the bank.

Matra et Alpine
04-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Does law prevent you driving a RHD ?
It's not an issue.
It's dead easy to drive a car from "the wrong side" on a countries roads.
You just learn a slightly different driving style esp when hazard-watching - and it's great fun to panic your passengers :D
I drove LHD for years in teh UK, no problem and no problem switching between.

austin healey
04-22-2006, 09:37 AM
i am looking for a 2+2 so sagaris is not an option and the grifo might have reliability problems.

Jack_Bauer
04-22-2006, 09:40 AM
i am looking for a 2+2 so sagaris is not an option and the grifo might have reliability problems.

The T350c is not a 2+2 though. It is the 'basic' car on which the Sagaris is based. :rolleyes:

04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Ah - I didn't know he had THAT much to spend. I think the last 2+2 TVR was the Cerbera. Not as reliable as the T350 but has much more oompf. Personally I'd be tempted to get a Morgan if I was looking at a TVR and an Iso. They're 2+2 and have an excellent V8 soundtrack.

austin healey
04-22-2006, 01:10 PM
which morgan? and also when will the tvr sagaris be in the U.S.?

austin healey
04-22-2006, 01:11 PM
it is a 2+2 check carfolio

Rockefella
04-22-2006, 01:13 PM
You don't own an Iso Grifo. And you're not going to buy a TVR.

austin healey
04-22-2006, 01:15 PM
I dont own an Iso Grifo and i never said that I did and I might buy a TVr so why don't get off my case, hey

Jack_Bauer
04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
it is a 2+2 check carfolio

It's not a 2+2, check the real world. :rolleyes:

austin healey
04-22-2006, 01:27 PM
thanks I should stop reading carfolio specs, do you have any of those kind of pictures for the sagaris. Also when is the Sagaris making an LHD version? I am goin to the NY auto show in 10 minutes I'll get some pics and post them by the end of the week if my camera works right.

Rockefella
04-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I dont own an Iso Grifo and i never said that I did and I might buy a TVr so why don't get off my case, hey
I will continue to be on your case because I HIGHLY doubt you own or intend to own these cars. Call me cynical, but that's the way I am.

Jack_Bauer
04-22-2006, 01:47 PM
thanks I should stop reading carfolio specs, do you have any of those kind of pictures for the sagaris. Also when is the Sagaris making an LHD version? I am goin to the NY auto show in 10 minutes I'll get some pics and post them by the end of the week if my camera works right.
I don't know about the timescale of a lhd Sagaris for the US market, but I do know that the Sagaris will also be a 2 seater only.

TVR do not currently produce a 2+2 model, the most recent were the Cerbera and also the small handful of T440s that were produced.

04-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Morgan actually have a proper 4 seater now, but I don't rate it much as with the roof up it looks too boxy
http://www.perranwell.co.uk/moghtml/0carsales.htm

But the model to go for is the 4/4. They come in 2 seats and 2+2 with early models having bench seats in the back and newer models having bucket seats in the back. Theres a variety of engines to choose from, my personal favourite being the 3.9L Rover. A lot of info can be found here http://www.mscc.uk.com/modelhistory2.htm

Oh - and if you like them and think you could sacrifice the extra 2 seats, look at the Plus 8 Morgans. More power, bigger engine.

@Rockefella - Might want to read this and get off of his case http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18353
Innocent until proven guilty.

austin healey
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
does anyone know when the sagaris lhd is coming to the USA, and does anyone have any sagaris pictures from behind the front seats?

Rockefella
04-22-2006, 05:51 PM
@Rockefella - Might want to read this and get off of his case http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18353
Innocent until proven guilty.
You don't have to point out the rules to me, I know and understand them.

He's been asked multiple times to egg-nog his cars and his responses have been similar to Ali baba's, just off-topic and useless. I have reason to doubt him, and will continue to unless he posts some proof.

Jack_Bauer
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
does anyone know when the sagaris lhd is coming to the USA, and does anyone have any sagaris pictures from behind the front seats?

The Sagaris' interior is identical to that of the T350c bar a few bits of carbon trim here and there maybe. It'll look exactly the same as the picture I posted previously, so it ain't a 2+2.

KonaGreen
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM

Check here:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7510

04-23-2006, 04:39 AM
You don't have to point out the rules to me, I know and understand them.

He's been asked multiple times to egg-nog his cars and his responses have been similar to Ali baba's, just off-topic and useless. I have reason to doubt him, and will continue to unless he posts some proof.
Alright - I'm starting to agree with you now. What he has been saying does seem far fetched.

*Joins Rockefella*