PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the new Honda Fit

Gtek-i
04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Good job Honda! Another Yaris killer! 1.5 litre 109hp I4 engine, EBD (and no I'm not making this up). Already a Yaris killer, but I don't know about the 2 speaker audio on the base model and the Fit looks like a messed up Odessey. Toyota's gotta start putting tachs on their Yarises.

2ndclasscitizen
04-25-2006, 01:08 AM
So, how is it a Yaris "killer"? And tachos aren't important on cars like this, they aren't supposed to be driven hard, just economically

NSXType-R
04-25-2006, 04:03 AM
I think that the Fit/Jazz is a great economy and a great beginner's car. Its interior is very flexible and useful. What more could you want?

pimento
04-25-2006, 04:38 AM
My mate drives a Jazz, it's a great little car. Just so long as you're not after a great drive.

fa22_raptor
04-25-2006, 06:15 AM
My friend's Jazz isn't a bad little thing, but the suspension is waaay too stiffly sprung.

ScionDriver
04-25-2006, 02:41 PM
My problems with the Fit:
-Kind of Expensive for a cheap car (Starts at USD $14,000 some)
-Paddle shifters on an economy car?
-Sport package only cosmetics

Yaris is cheaper and in my opinion looks better because it doesn't come standard as a boy racer.

PerfAdv
04-25-2006, 10:17 PM
C&D gave it the win in a recent comparison test.

link to PDF of article at Honda site:
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/awards.asp?ModelName=Fit&Num=0

from above article:

The Fit sailed through out lane-change test 6 mph faster than anything else here---faster, in fact, than a Corvette Z06.
hehe :D Honda!!!??

Kooper
04-26-2006, 08:10 PM
It is a gem of a car. It fares extremely well in numerous surveys, regularly trouncing competitors higher up in the food chain. The last survey I saw, it scored top marks in quality, reliability, fuel economy, after sales service etc. The Jazz has been on the market for a while now elsewhere in the world, but in my opinion the leader in it's class (and a few others), easily.

And while we're comparing it to Toyota's Yaris, this:
The Yaris isn't a bad car, but consider that it has the exact same engine as a Daihatsu Sirion (might be differently named in some markets), has less interior space, has fewer stow-away compartments, I think it has a smaller tank AND is more expensive... What gives? And to top it all, neither the Yaris nor Sirion can compete with the Jazz even if the Jazz has a price-premium. In my book, Jazz wins hands-down, my second-choice in this segment would be a Daihatsu Sirion, then a Yaris.

h00t_h00t
04-27-2006, 03:32 PM
The 1.3 Yaris/Sirion engine is rated at 110hp according to the Parker's guide.

Kooper
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I think it's closer to 86hp... Could be wrong though. I heard Toyota actually had Daihatsu de-tune their 1,3 engine. So the engine is carried over from a previous generation Daihatsu if you think about it.

Not necessarily a bad thing, since Daihatsu knows a thing or two about creating small pressure-cookers. And besides, they tuned the engine specifically for drivability in or around town, precisely what it's going to be used for.

Honda though, well, Honda is in a league of their own really. I think it's a toss-up between Honda and maybe BMW for building the best engines in the world. Honda definitely builds the most engines in the world, from cars to bikes to lawnmowers to jetskis to power-generators... They know how to engineer & build engines. With the Fit, you get a powerful yet frugal 1.5 which you can have with a CVT if you choose. Combine it with a wonderfully executed MPV-like body & excellent customer-care and you can't go wrong.

I know that sounded awfully close to a Honda-sponsored ad, but that's how highly I regard the Jazz/ Fit. And I'm not really a Honda-nut, but credit where it's due, they really excelled with the Jazz.

jcp123
04-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Anybody got a pic? If it looks anything like the Yaris, Echo, Scion box thing, or Honda's own Element then I'm gonna have to go thumbs down on this. Otherwise it sounds like a nice enough little car.

Kooper
04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12940

Lots of pics courtesy of Matt.

jcp123
04-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Eeeeeeech...don't like the looks. Too much front rake. Again. Looks practical though, so I guess in a car like this, form follows function.

Niko_Fx
04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
It was rated 1st among "econo" econoboxes (that's a new econobox category ;)) by some magazine, R&D IRRC.

It's like a good-looking Chevy Aveo :o (although that really isn't a good thing). I would never buy it, but it has arrived -along with the Yaris- at the perfect time to the US. As oil prices hit the World, 40mpg for $14k from a gasoline car can come in handy to some of us in the non-diesel country.

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/fit/interior_gallery/large5.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/fit/exterior_gallery/large6.jpg

KnifeEdge_2K1
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
lol i think my family's getting it to replace our piece of junk mystique this summer ^^

i said i wanted an NSX Type R but they just laughed :(

Gtek-i
04-30-2006, 11:42 AM
It was rated 1st among "econo" econoboxes (that's a new econobox category ;)) by some magazine, R&D IRRC.

It's like a good-looking Chevy Aveo :o (although that really isn't a good thing). I would never buy it, but it has arrived -along with the Yaris- at the perfect time to the US. As oil prices hit the World, 40mpg for $14k from a gasoline car can come in handy to some of us in the non-diesel country.

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/fit/interior_gallery/large5.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/fit/exterior_gallery/large6.jpg
looks like a screwd up odessey:p

h00t_h00t
04-30-2006, 03:56 PM
lol i think my family's getting it to replace our piece of junk mystique this summer ^^

i said i wanted an NSX Type R but they just laughed :(
Tell them a Fit is a vagina in Sweedish, then the NSX will be yours!

Gtek-i
04-30-2006, 10:28 PM
not if NSX stands for Not So...........Xylophonish??

KnifeEdge_2K1
04-30-2006, 11:22 PM
not if NSX stands for Not So...........Xylophonish??
... WhAt !?!?!? :eek: