Weight 2570 lbs | 1165.8 kg

Performance
0-60 mph 4.5 seconds.
Top Speed 140 mph | 225.3 km/h

Engine
Engine Configuration V
Cylinders 8
Aspiration/Induction Normal
Displacement 4601.00 cc | 280.8 cu in. | 4.6 L.
Valves 32 valves.
4 valves per cylinder.
Valvetrain DOHC
Horsepower 305.00 HP (224.5 KW) @ 5800.00 RPM
Torque 300.00 Ft-Lbs (406.8 NM) @ 4800.00 RPM
HP to Weight Ratio 8.4 LB / HP
HP / Liter 66.3 BHP / Liter
Bore 3.55 in | 90.2 mm. | 0.1 m.
Stroke 3.55 in | 90.2 mm. | 0.1 m.
Compression Ratio 9.8:1

Transmission Information
Gears 5
Transmission Manual

Dimensions
Seating Capacity 2
Exterior
Length 159.001 in | 4038.6 mm.
Width 77.001 in | 1955.8 mm.
Height 52.001 in | 1320.8 mm.
Wheelbase 104.001 in | 2641.6 mm.
Front Track 66.901 in | 1699.3 mm.
Rear Track 63.701 in | 1618 mm.

Steering
Rack and Pinion with Power Assist

Brakes
Front Brakes Vented Discs with ABS
Front Brake Size 13.001 in | 330.2 mm.
Rear Brake Size 10.001 in | 254 mm.

Tires / Wheels
Tires Front : 245/40ZR18
Rear : 295/35ZR18

Slicks
04-28-2006, 08:22 AM
That car is teh secks! And I love the fact that it uses Ford's 4.6 (such a good sound).
Vid:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4704725156756405109&q=panoz&pl=true

DesmoRob
04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
I like the prowler better for its style than this.

aNOBLEman
04-28-2006, 12:36 PM

The Prowler is very good looking, but I think that this looks better and it has something the Prowler never had....a V-8.

go.pawel
04-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Looks suspiciously similar to Rinspeed Roadster. Is there any link between them?

Suka
04-28-2006, 02:01 PM
This thing seems like it has been overstyled. A little ugly.
I rather have a Luego Viento LV350 (RIP) if i had to.
Luego LV350 (http://www.luegosportscars.com/cars/viento/lv350/main.htm)

carsnut
04-28-2006, 08:04 PM
the prowler is great but i don't think it had performance to match the AIV Roadster. if only they were still building it.......................:(

rev440
04-29-2006, 07:09 AM
I saw this car one year at auburn and let me tell you its pretty cool. Plus not alot of engines sound better then a 4.6 with a different cam and exhaust.

pAinTrAin
04-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Driving one of them aroudn this city you would get laughed at:(

Slicks
04-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Why???

henk4
04-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Why???

because of the front bumpers may be?

Esperante
04-29-2006, 03:01 PM
The Prowler was Chrysler attempting to rehash Panoz' idea into mass production. The original AIV came out in 1989.

Looks suspiciously similar to Rinspeed Roadster. Is there any link between them?
Rinspeed used the Panoz as a base for the Rinspeed Roadster.

This thing seems like it has been overstyled. A little ugly.
I rather have a Luego Viento LV350 (RIP) if i had to.
Luego LV350 (http://www.luegosportscars.com/cars/viento/lv350/main.htm)
Mind you, the AIV is much bigger than the Lotus 7, and shouldn't really be compared.

pAinTrAin
04-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Why???

You would have to live here to know why!!

to many dick-heads live here

Esperante
04-30-2006, 08:13 AM

not many dick-heads live here
Thanks for explaining yourself. Preferably, next time you don't like a car, don't blame it on 'dick heads' that would drive it. You've just made yourself look like an asshole, and you make me want to drive a Panoz just for the sake of pissing you off.

pAinTrAin
05-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for explaining yourself. Preferably, next time you don't like a car, don't blame it on 'dick heads' that would drive it. You've just made yourself look like an asshole, and you make me want to drive a Panoz just for the sake of pissing you off.

What I was saying that if I drove it people in town would laugh at me... I didn't say the car was ugly.

Slicks
05-03-2006, 09:45 PM

not many dick-heads live here
So only dickheads drive this car??? How many Panoz owners do you know? I cant say I know any, hell, Ive never even seen a Panoz.

Suka
05-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Mind you, the AIV is much bigger than the Lotus 7, and shouldn't really be compared.
The Luego Viento is much bigger than your average 7, thats why i made the comparison.

Matt
05-03-2006, 11:34 PM

You'd only be laughed at by people who know nothing about cars. So who cares? Let them laugh. They're the ignorant ones who have no idea what they're missing.

2ndclasscitizen
05-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Elfin MS8 Clubman is much better looking

Ferg
05-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't think much of the styling to be honest, it has a lot of quirky touches that don't really mesh together.

Mind you.....it's the weight that worries me!!:eek:

pAinTrAin
05-04-2006, 10:51 PM
So only dickheads drive this car??? How many Panoz owners do you know? I cant say I know any, hell, Ive never even seen a Panoz.

That was a spelling error.

And the guys im talking about are the ricers, I would like to own one then race them and blow there doors off. That would shut them all up! If anything looks different then there riced out PO.S. jap cars they laugh, untill you put them in there place!

I'm sry if anyone took it the wrong way and thinks I was calling them and dickhead for wanting/owning one of these cars that not what I was trying to say! I'm saying I live in a city full of them.

99PanozAIV
05-11-2006, 09:40 AM
I have a 1999 Panoz AIV and I've not had anyone laugh. I've had little old ladies smile nostalgically (if they only knew), knowing dads tell their kids it's a Prowler, and the rest are like "what the hell was that". I've had people turn around and follow me to the next light to ask about it.

It's a complete, rude, loud, kick in the crotch and I love it. You can see mine here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282827

and you can find more than you ever want to know about them here:
http://www.panozroadster.com/

Sauc3
05-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I have a 1999 Panoz AIV and I've not had anyone laugh. I've had little old ladies smile nostalgically (if they only knew), knowing dads tell their kids it's a Prowler, and the rest are like "what the hell was that". I've had people turn around and follow me to the next light to ask about it.

It's a complete, rude, loud, kick in the crotch and I love it. You can see mine here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282827

and you can find more than you ever want to know about them here:
http://www.panozroadster.com/
Great looking car you have there. Do you use it mainly for the road, or have you taken it out for some track days as well?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you test drive other cars of similar nature before deciding on this? If so, how do they compare?

99PanozAIV
05-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Great looking car you have there. Do you use it mainly for the road, or have you taken it out for some track days as well?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you test drive other cars of similar nature before deciding on this? If so, how do they compare?

It's a weekend driver. I've had other full use cars ('68, 383 'cuda, Audi TT) but I always resented having to use them for daily commuters; just impossible to keep nice. So this time, my work car is a Nissan Murano and I got this strictly for fun.

The top, and the general nature of the car, really restrict it to fair weather, open top driving. I haven't had it to a track yet (no roll bar) but there is a track near here that has a "street machine" night. Bring what you drive and it's doesn't have to meet any sanctioning body regulations. I might try that. I should be getting a G-tech this week and will collect some base performance info prior to getting an ignition upgrade, cooling mod and SCT tune, then see what kind of improvement I've got. It should be interesting trying to compare because it's pretty much traction limited already all through 1st and 2nd.

I wanted something really different, had been looking at used NSXs, Ultimas, Nobles, but everything was too much trouble or too expensive. This was just a serendipitous find for me; very rare, tremendous bang for the buck. I've been having a blast with it at local car shows (just picked up another trophy yesterday). I had not had much opportunity to drive other vehicles to compare. On the other hand, my only concern with this was whether I would fit OK. My usual problem is that, although I'm not that tall, I'm so tall in the torso that my head hits the roof liner on many sports cars. Obviously not a problem on the roadster. The only thing I wanted to check is that my shoes are 5E width and I heard the pedals are very close together (they are!) and I have accidentally caught my right foot, when it's on the brake pedal, when trying to push in the clutch pedal. But, my view is that all cars are different, and there's always things I like and dislike about any of them. For this level of performance, my concern was just physical accomodation being OK, which it has been. The rest is just learning the car, part of what makes the whole experience fun. I still have to figure out how to really control it well in first and second. It's very loud and it's not the kind of thing where you can practice WOT in low gears and be inconspicuous. Anyway, thanks for the kind words on the car. It's a blast. You might want to check out www.panozroadster.com.

Matra et Alpine
05-14-2006, 05:21 PM
WHere are you located 99 ? ( PS PLEASE put location in profiles folks, it saves us getting annoyed having to ask the obvious :( )

ANYWAY, we drive 7s here in Scotland -- AND IN WINTER TOO.
Cant' see any real reason not to use it :D

Likewise track time. You dont' need a roll cage to take it to 95% and it will be enjoyable and fast. 7 copies take a LOT to get them to roll :D

Slicks
05-14-2006, 05:29 PM
WHere are you located 99 ? ( PS PLEASE put location in profiles folks, it saves us getting annoyed having to ask the obvious :( )

ANYWAY, we drive 7s here in Scotland -- AND IN WINTER TOO.
Cant' see any real reason not to use it :D

Likewise track time. You dont' need a roll cage to take it to 95% and it will be enjoyable and fast. 7 copies take a LOT to get them to roll :D
CarDomain profile: "New Market, Maryland".
Some tracks require roll bars, I know almost all dragstrips require them if your running quicker than 12s.

2ndclasscitizen
05-14-2006, 07:21 PM
I think in Australia, if your car runs into 12s, you have to run a cage and get your ANDRA licence as well

Matra et Alpine
05-15-2006, 03:20 AM
CarDomain profile: "New Market, Maryland".
Some tracks require roll bars, I know almost all dragstrips require them if your running quicker than 12s.
Yeah I could see a pro track recognising that a sub 12 is a serious modded car with high risks at launch and high terminal speeds and require a compulsory cage. Don't know about Santa Pod ( the major UK drag vbenue ) BUT our local drag strips have NO requreiments regardless of how fast the car is.

Competitive track racing requires roll cage, BUT sprints and hillclimbs do NOT require it for production class. NO trackdays require roll cages in the UK. Only helmets are mandatory.

99PanozAIV
05-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Also, just the fact it's a roadster, means some tracks require roll bar period. The only track close to me is Mason Dixon (drag strip) and I called out there and he said if it's an NHRA sanctioned event, I have to have a roll bar. Here's the rules from LA County Raceway regarding "convertibles".

Roll Bars
Unless otherwise required by your class: Roll Bars required on convertibles running quicker than 11.00 - 13.99. Roll Bars required on all cars running quicker than 11.00 - 11.99.

Monty_Burns
05-27-2006, 08:16 PM
This car is on Midtown Madness!! It rocks!!

98 Panoz AIV
06-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Also, just the fact it's a roadster, means some tracks require roll bar period. The only track close to me is Mason Dixon (drag strip) and I called out there and he said if it's an NHRA sanctioned event, I have to have a roll bar. Here's the rules from LA County Raceway regarding "convertibles".

Roll Bars
Unless otherwise required by your class: Roll Bars required on convertibles running quicker than 11.00 - 13.99. Roll Bars required on all cars running quicker than 11.00 - 11.99.

FYI: I have a 98 Panoz AIV (blue) that I autocross. I've also installed a roll bar and a harness. Let me know if you're interested in doing this, and I'll send you some photos.

henk4
06-08-2006, 12:29 PM
welcome to UCP, posting them here would also be nice. I reckon you took off those silly bumpers that were shown in one of the first posts here:)

99PanozAIV
06-08-2006, 07:32 PM
FYI: I have a 98 Panoz AIV (blue) that I autocross. I've also installed a roll bar and a harness. Let me know if you're interested in doing this, and I'll send you some photos.

Hmmm, might you be on page 2, 3rd picture on 3rd row at http://www.panozroadster.com/Panoz_Roadster_Gallery.php?si=12

I don't see a roll bar on any of the 3 blues ones pictured there. Was that before? If yes, great pic. That's how they should be photographed. If not, please post a pic of your car there. I'd love to see it; haven't seen one with a roll bar yet. I talked (e-mailed?) JRD Tuning down in GA and he said they had a design they'd worked out for Panoz but had never done one yet.
http://www.jrdtuning.com/PanMST.html

Jarod_C
06-08-2006, 11:00 PM
That's a sweet car, but the video that was posted, I'm crying. That guy needs to learn how to drive his car. I loved the sound, but listen to the clutch. :eek: That's how I treat my 93 festiva, sad.

99PanozAIV
06-09-2006, 07:31 PM
That's a sweet car, but the video that was posted, I'm crying. That guy needs to learn how to drive his car. I loved the sound, but listen to the clutch. :eek: That's how I treat my 93 festiva, sad.

Huh????

What video? I'd love to see it. Can you provide a link? The only video I've seen of an AIV was of a red one and the quality was very poor.

Jarod_C
06-09-2006, 11:45 PM
That car is teh secks! And I love the fact that it uses Ford's 4.6 (such a good sound).
Vid:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4704725156756405109&q=panoz&pl=true
2nd post

98 Panoz AIV
06-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Hmmm, might you be on page 2, 3rd picture on 3rd row at http://www.panozroadster.com/Panoz_Roadster_Gallery.php?si=12

I don't see a roll bar on any of the 3 blues ones pictured there. Was that before? If yes, great pic. That's how they should be photographed. If not, please post a pic of your car there. I'd love to see it; haven't seen one with a roll bar yet. I talked (e-mailed?) JRD Tuning down in GA and he said they had a design they'd worked out for Panoz but had never done one yet.
http://www.jrdtuning.com/PanMST.html

Yes, that is my car, and it was taken prior to the roll bar/harness being installed. I've attached a picture of the roll bar.

aNOBLEman
06-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Yes, that is my car, and it was taken prior to the roll bar/harness being installed. I've attached a picture of the roll bar.

That is one nice car. Glad to see that you're improving it and driving it how it should be driven. :)

wesmc3
02-07-2007, 10:15 PM

That is beautiful, I have always wanted one of these but I track my car and didn't think the bar would look that good.
Who did your bar? I see some pins, does it come out at the floor?