PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Caliber, hot or not?

Gtek-i
04-30-2006, 10:47 PM
2007 Dodge Caliber...I really don't know what's happenin' in the market these days...PEOPLE ARE GETTING OBSESSED WITH MAKING ECONOBOXES!!! I can't say they suck...but what happened to good ol' sedans and coupes?? The Caliber is an example, Dodge...stop convincing your buyers that they are purchasing a pimped up tuner car! 'Cause their not! Tailgate speakers, meh. Who would buy a Caliber for big tuner nights? On the SRT-4, 300hp...on an ECONObox? And reviews say that this car is scared of rough roads. Meh...

Gtek-i
04-30-2006, 10:50 PM
the replacement for the Neon couldn't be more different...

bmwpower
04-30-2006, 11:06 PM
it's ugly..i mean so incredibly rediculously heidous. From the pictures i imagined it looking pretty nice..but omg in real life it was horrible and that was the front, the rear is another..even sadder story to tell.. basically wouldn't be caught dead in one and would be ashamed to even be seen standing remotely near one.

Gtek-i
05-01-2006, 12:09 AM
the rims are disgusting too...and Dodge said that 172hp is a lot

drakkie
05-01-2006, 02:00 AM
the rims are disgusting too...and Dodge said that 172hp is a lot

for a light econobox yes :)

oops, sry ,even us cars have obesitas :D

Ferrer
05-01-2006, 02:30 AM
It's easy to see why they did it, to appeal europeans you need a hatchback in this segment, you'll be going nowhere with a small saloon. You can see the european sales of the old Neons to see what I mean.

Slicks
05-01-2006, 08:03 AM
2007 Dodge Caliber...I really don't know what's happenin' in the market these days...PEOPLE ARE GETTING OBSESSED WITH MAKING ECONOBOXES!!! I can't say they suck...but what happened to good ol' sedans and coupes?? The Caliber is an example, Dodge...stop convincing your buyers that they are purchasing a pimped up tuner car! 'Cause their not! Tailgate speakers, meh. Who would buy a Caliber for big tuner nights? On the SRT-4, 300hp...on an ECONObox? And reviews say that this car is scared of rough roads. Meh...
IMO the the tailgate speakers are cool, if your ever having a bond fire, or party on the beach they would be handy.
And I wouldnt want to drive any car out to a "tuner night", souds like a rice fest.
And the Neon SRT-4 had almost as much power, whats the big deal? Numbers sell.

Matt
05-01-2006, 10:22 AM
I so wish we could ban for stupidity.

Niko_Fx
05-01-2006, 01:54 PM
It looks kinda nice imo. The Caliber SRT-4 seems like a little beast... 0-60 in 5.5... I wouldn't mind owning one :)

The_Canuck
05-01-2006, 08:20 PM
It's not bad, a little high of a ride height don't you think? plus the SRT should be Awd for its size, apparently with 300 hp its got massive torque steer.

Gtek-i
05-01-2006, 11:04 PM
300hp or 172, it's supposed to be an ECONObox!! for me, i'd rather have a Neon SRT-4. The Caliber looks very similar to the Magnum, and thats not good :-[ ( the Magnum reminds me of a hertz...)

2ndclasscitizen
05-02-2006, 03:23 AM
A Neon isn't an Econobox?

Gtek-i
05-02-2006, 10:39 PM
A Neon isn't an Econobox?
well Dodge should have not said that the Caliber was the replacement for the Neon. When they say the Caliber is the replacement for the Neon, that means you can compare them.

Slicks
05-03-2006, 07:59 AM
well Dodge should have not said that the Caliber was the replacement for the Neon. When they say the Caliber is the replacement for the Neon, that means you can compare them.
I think its a strange replacement as well, but both SRT4s have about the same acceleration, and both are based on econoboxes, so whats your argument?

Vaigra
05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I so wish we could ban for stupidity.you wouldn't have much spare time left on your hands.

mattmacklind
05-04-2006, 12:03 AM
The first review I read was for the SRT-4 (in C/D), and it photo'd well and looked impressive numbers wise. But then there was the next mag (Automobile, I think) who did like a 6 car comparo and the Dodge came in 5th or 6th (the regular one). Then I saw one yesterday. Holy cow, it doesn't look good. The Neon SRT-4 at least had some attractive design features, while still using the design language of the Neon. This Caliber is really too tall. I will say its different. I don't know if anyone has seen the Hornet concept? Similar Dodge style, huge flying brick Borg spaceship front end. With so many attractive and well performing hatches out there (WRX wagon, Mazdaspeed 3, MINI, and Focus SVT to name a few), I don't think Didge is going to see good numbers on this one, even the SRT model. Maybe I'm wrong though, who knows.
Price point is a selling point for it, though. For my money on a regular, non tuned cargo capable economy car, I'd go with a Scion xB. I for one think the design of that car is right on.

jcp123
05-04-2006, 09:58 AM
It's okay looking. There's better, there's worse. 172hp isn't bad though.

Can't say I agree about the Scion Rolling Toaster though. I'm not sure what people see in those.