PDA

View Full Version : Hertz rental mustang

mattmacklind
05-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm planning a trip to LA and reserving one of the Hertz rental mustangs for one or two days. I'm kind of exited about it. Its about 100/day plus the extra insurance. I'm not going until August, but I'll be sure to post pics once it actually happens! Here's a link to some info:

http://www.stangnet.com/Ford-Mustang/Hertz-Shelby-GT-H-Mustang-41206.html

baddabang
05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Wow I had no idea you could rent those!

F1_Master
05-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Ugh yeah, lol.

None of them are for sell. All 1,000 of them are given to Hertz to be rented around the world.

This was done with a 1,000 Shelby GT350s years ago.

Quiggs
05-06-2006, 02:30 PM
You should go totally 1967-style on Hertz and take the rental car drag racing. That's what I'd do...

2ndclasscitizen
05-06-2006, 04:42 PM
I thought that's what you do with rentals anyway?

DesmoRob
05-06-2006, 05:35 PM
That'll be awesome.

mattmacklind
05-07-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm going to try to coordinate this trip. I may fly to Vegas and drive to LA, keep the car overnight and tur it in the next day. I'm visiting my brother and he lives in an apartment, so its on street parking for the car which I don't like so much, even if it isn't mine. I'd also like the drive from Vegas to LA, maybe the long way, but I'm sure there's a big fee for returning the car to a different Hertz in a different city.

The thing is, these cars will be sold after a certain period of time, I don't remember what it is. That's what they did back in the day. I'm not much of a straight line racer, but I may try to schedule the trip to join in on an LA/San Diego area autocross. I think that would be a lot of fun. My only concern is whether the cars are GPS equipped, alowing Hertz to track speed and location. Some rental agencies do that, and then try to add fines/fees if you drive over posted limits. Something tells me they're not doing that with these, though, but I'm kind of afraid to ask.

I think it would be totally cool to be able to say I rented one, long after they've all been sold. Plus the experience of driving one, of course. Believe me, once I do it, I'll take tons of pics and I'll post them along with some reflections on the car and the experience.

jcp123
05-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Not bad for a rental.

Too bad the car is such a hideous rapage of the original. I'd rather be seen in an Element or an Aztek. Hell, maybe even a Scion Rolling Toaster.

Schmallz
05-14-2006, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=mattmacklind]The thing is, these cars will be sold after a certain period of time, I don't remember what it is. That's what they did back in the day. I'm not much of a straight line racer, but I may try to schedule the trip to join in on an LA/San Diego area autocross. I think that would be a lot of fun. My only concern is whether the cars are GPS equipped, alowing Hertz to track speed and location. Some rental agencies do that, and then try to add fines/fees if you drive over posted limits. Something tells me they're not doing that with these, though, but I'm kind of afraid to ask.[QUOTE]

Come down to San diego friend, we'll go to race legal at Qualcomm stadium.:cool:
(Legal drag racing in the parking lot where the chargers play)

check the times

www.racelegal.com
hope this comes in handy
i know the owner's son and many employees so i might be able to get you in for free.