PDA

View Full Version : Help

Blitz_
05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Anyone know about the school internet blockers? Well they have blocked me from viewing threads on forums, even this one, saying it was under the classification of a Global Chatroom site, which they presumably deem as inappropriate. Anyone know if there is any way around it ;)

targa
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
our school's doesn't block UCP, but there are a few sites it does block.

you might try refeshing the page about fifteen times or so, as quckly as possible. since it wont work using the mouse, on a PC, hit "F5" like I said, about fifteen times. The blocker should get over loaded and let the page slip through....it usually works. not really on game sites, but text, it should. also, it will work well if you get several other people to help you by going to a blocked site on their computer and doing the multiple refresh at the same time

good luck

DesmoRob
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM

you might try refeshing the page about fifteen times or so, as quckly as possible. since it wont work using the mouse, on a PC, hit "F5" like I said, about fifteen times. The blocker should get over loaded and let the page slip through....it usually works.

I'll be trying that for other sites:p .

05-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Anyone know about the school internet blockers? Well they have blocked me from viewing threads on forums, even this one, saying it was under the classification of a Global Chatroom site, which they presumably deem as inappropriate. Anyone know if there is any way around it ;)hmmm, try daveproxy.co.uk, works for some (but alas at our school its blocked as well), if the filterings on the local pc's just use a Linux live cd!

you might try refeshing the page about fifteen times or so, as quckly as possible. since it wont work using the mouse, on a PC, hit "F5" like I said, about fifteen times. The blocker should get over loaded and let the page slip through....it usually works. not really on game sites, but text, it should. also, it will work well if you get several other people to help you by going to a blocked site on their computer and doing the multiple refresh at the same time

good luckhmmmm, never tried that one!

VtecMini
05-09-2006, 02:42 AM
Back in my day we used to get the I.P. address of the website and use that. The filtering systems only blocked URLs, they weren't clever enough to block I.P.s.

You'll want something like this for looking up I.P.s:
http://www.zoneedit.com/lookup.html

Now the problem is, I've just tried it for UCP and I ended up at a page that wasn't the front page. Not really sure how to fix that. Anyone wanna shed some light?

Blitz_
05-09-2006, 05:56 AM
Cheers guys, im suprised this got through! I typed the thread, clicked submit, and came up with teh blocker page, and then and there I thought alas! it is all but lost :(

..but it got through!

Cheers for the help, ill try all of them, though, hmm linux, I wouldnt have a clue how to use that :D

IWantAnAudiRS6
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
I have a filter breaker that I use at college, I'll get hold of the link for that when I get a minute either tomorrow or on Thursday.

Rockefella
05-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Try www.sneak2.net or www.sneak2.com

adamfraser
05-09-2006, 12:39 PM
www.letsproxy.com and www.proxyking.net