PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi considering 4cyl "380"

fpv_gtho
05-10-2006, 04:11 AM
A frugal four-cylinder engine is being considered for the Mitsubishi 380. Mitsubishi Australia has confirmed it is considering a plan to fit the 380 with a smaller engine by 2008.

The 380 is currently only available with a 3.8-litre V6. A four-cylinder would not only increase the sales of 380s to fleet buyers worried about fuel prices in Australia, but would also be a core part of a plan to export significant numbers of 380s to parts of Asia where motorists pay less tax for cars with smaller engines.

Mitsubishi is pushing ahead with plans to export the 380 to Malaysia, either as complete cars or in parts for assembly in Malaysia by Proton. Back at home, Mitsubishi has slashed 380 prices to give the large car a chance against its rivals.

It launched the car last October with a starting price of $34,490, but dropped the price of the base car to $27,990 last week.

There are similar savings across the range. Mitsubishi president Rob McEniry had promised he would not cut 380 prices to boost sales, but performed a backflip last week when announcing the price cuts.

McEniry also announced the company would wind back production again at its Tonsley Park plant, reducing its daily production to just 75 cars and shedding another 30 jobs. He admits the 380 will fall well short of its launch target of 32,500 sales a year and is likely to sell between 15,000 and 20,000 a year.

"After many years of selling about 25,000 cars a year, Mitsubishi's volume dropped with the introduction of the TL Magna to about 15,000 units and has stayed in that general vicinity. Nothing has moved it, not the $26,990 pricing on the old Magna, not launching the new 380," McEniry says. "Last December we were thinking, in fact hoping, that the market conditions suppressing 380 would be relatively short-lived and that by March we would be back on track. But that is not going to happen."

McEniry says the new pricing structure, which follows a limited edition 380 launched at the Melbourne Motor Show in February, is here for the long term.

He says the four-cylinder 380 could help, if approved, but not straight away.
"It is under consideration, but it would be a two-year program. It is not going to solve our problems this year, so we have to manage what we have got."

Mitsubishi says it will give 380 customers, who bought their cars before the prices were cut, cashback offers including between $1000 to $2000 and limited free servicing, depending on the model and price paid.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,19014763-21822,00.html

charged
05-10-2006, 04:36 AM
A 4 cyl with Mivec would be alright, may help sales, what engine would go in it hopefully not the old 2.6 astron:eek:

fpv_gtho
05-10-2006, 04:37 AM
Probably the 2.4L out of the Outlander and Lancer

SlickHolden
05-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Would Ford and Holden consider anything like this?
Maybe a 4cyl turbo engine??
Do they both have any for RWD cars.

fpv_gtho
05-10-2006, 05:02 AM
4cyl turbo's in massive cars are only going to highlight the lag. They'd more than like run a shorter stroke version of the current 6's

SlickHolden
05-10-2006, 05:15 AM
anychance ford might use the new V6??

So what type of power is the 4cyl expected to have?.

Mr. Jinx
05-10-2006, 05:37 AM
So what type of power is the 4cyl expected to have?.
Not enough :p

fpv_gtho
05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
No reason why it cant make 120kw

syko
05-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Ford could use its smaller inline 6 volvo engines if they wanted a more fuel economic engine

Zrina11
05-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Does anyone really care about 380?

Blitz_
05-10-2006, 09:13 AM

Yes, why not? It's a crucial product for Mitsubishi Australia, and I, like many fellow Australians would not like to see Mitsubishi simply fade from our shores.

SlickHolden
05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Not enough :p
True but it's funny that 120kw isn't much but then my car only has 127kw:eek: Back in the early 90's it was heaps now a days it's very low for a family car in Australia.

No reason why it cant make 120kw
Pretty good power from a 4cyl engine:)

Ford could use its smaller inline 6 volvo engines if they wanted a more fuel economic engine
The 5cyl in the Focus turbo?

Yeah i got a little soft spot for it, It's not a bad car it's just mitsub are doing bad and the car is suffering from that.

fpv_gtho
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
No no, iirc its a 6 cylinder from the same family of engine as the 5cyl in the volvo. Ford would more than likely be paying more for one of them, than even a Barra190 and theres also importing them into the country to consider. Reinventing the 3.3L I6 could be better for them financially

SlickHolden
05-11-2006, 02:05 AM
It's something Holden and Ford could consider a smaller 6. Not just dieseal and LPG.
If both had Say A base engine for option,
Ford 3.3LT I6 155kw 315Nm Runs 10 lt's per 100 average. + The barra I6.
Holden 3.2LT V6 i don't know it's power but it should be better on fuel. + the 3.6LT V6 200??

Then both have a decent powered engine with good fuel economy. But still have the bigger 6's for the ones that don't want little power. Even if the cars a heavy a smaller powered engine for some is fine, My mum hasn't seen the power of my car, My mate has only gave it to his old VR Berlina once. Some just don't mind a little less for better fuel economy now,
And as long as the engines aren't stretching themselves to move the cars it should be OK?.
Might lower the base price also?

fpv_gtho
05-11-2006, 03:24 AM
Well im stuck driving mums Camry around, and that has barely any movement in the throttle compared to a Falcon, so i think that would take some getting used to. If you think though that Toyota sell a fair few 4cyl Camry's though, which are also 2.4L (they used to be 2.2L iirc) and theyre economical. In the city especially though it could have alot of benefit where you could be more worried about the traffic than opening the throttle up..

nota
05-11-2006, 03:56 AM
Remember those Holden four-pot triers - the Sunbird and Commodore 4cyl? Magnifico!

Mitsu's post-1995 Magna 4cyl with the 2.4 went quite well, in all but sales. Gee the whole 380 story has been one botch-job after another since MD Tom Phillips left, and any of the brand-optimism he miraculously re-established has been blown away

Mitsu Aust reminds me of Piggy in Lord of the Flies - unloved, underappreciated, unfairly persecuted .. and soon to die :(

fpv_gtho
05-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Haha...and if Holden make the VE as good as they'd have us believe, they'll be the ones pushing the boulder...

nota
05-11-2006, 04:26 AM

Model intros are crucial events for any car range as they tend to shape public opinion, an opinion which lingers. VE was conceived before fuel went mental so in a climate of rising petrol prices (and resultant buyer aversion) I'm going to be very interested to observe what kind of accent Holden attaches to VE advertising, and what emphasis they (attempt to) project ..

fpv_gtho
05-11-2006, 04:29 AM
And Ford have another 18 months to sit back and observe..

It wouldnt surprise me too much of Toyota manage to go under the radar with the Camry and Aurion...

nota
05-11-2006, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if (as far as the public awe-factor goes) after launch the much-ballyhoo'd Camry/Aurion will require sonar, not radar :p

It'll be just like all previous wow-NEW-Camry spektakulaas .. here today, forgotten tomorrow, wake me saturday for my benzadrine and lawn bowls

:rolleyes:

Revolution
05-11-2006, 05:25 AM
on the 380 4-cylinder topic, the 2.4 MiVEC from the Lancer wouldn't be too bad, its a good engine, does a great job in the small bodyshell.

fpv_gtho
05-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Its also in the Outlander, which could be a tad lighter than the 380, but is as close as youre gunna get to seeing it already in a heavy-ish vehicle

Daz27
05-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Its my sworn mission in life to set those crappy astron 4 pot's souls free and let them go to motor nirvana in a 6000 rpm, brick on the accelerator, smokey valve bounce, with no oil or water. Its good to see that my fun is going to continue for sometime yet, and, as well as that, I may be able to share this fun with my as yet unborn offspring, assuming the fuel keeps flowing... Thankyou Mitsubishi, for more 4 pot, largish shitbox's for me to kill in later years...

SlickHolden
05-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Well im stuck driving mums Camry around, and that has barely any movement in the throttle compared to a Falcon, so i think that would take some getting used to. If you think though that Toyota sell a fair few 4cyl Camry's though, which are also 2.4L (they used to be 2.2L iirc) and theyre economical. In the city especially though it could have alot of benefit where you could be more worried about the traffic than opening the throttle up..
More throttle to get moving more petrol wasting?.
I drove the old VB from 16 to 29. One thing i notice over the VP is my foot is used much much less to go as fast:) But unfortunately I'm still not saving petrol:(

Remember those Holden four-pot triers - the Sunbird and Commodore 4cyl? Magnifico!

Mitsu's post-1995 Magna 4cyl with the 2.4 went quite well, in all but sales. Gee the whole 380 story has been one botch-job after another since MD Tom Phillips left, and any of the brand-optimism he miraculously re-established has been blown away

Mitsu Aust reminds me of Piggy in Lord of the Flies - unloved, underappreciated, unfairly persecuted .. and soon to die :(
I drove the 4cyl Commodore my brother owned one, One POS it was so crap.

motorsportnerd
05-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if (as far as the public awe-factor goes) after launch the much-ballyhoo'd Camry/Aurion will require sonar, not radar :p

It'll be just like all previous wow-NEW-Camry spektakulaas .. here today, forgotten tomorrow, wake me saturday for my benzadrine and lawn bowls

:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter how far the Camry/Aurion fly under the radar - they'll sell, and sell in huge numbers, particularly the Camry. No other Aussie built car has as good a reputation for quality, reliabily and resale value. And being 4 clyinder will help the Camry in the current climate of increase petrol prices.
Still, I'm not going to buy one. The Mazda6 has much more style and panache and is just as high quality and reliable.

nota
05-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Doesn't matter how far the Camry/Aurion fly under the radar - they'll sell, and sell in huge numbers, particularly the Camry.
:D >Locally manufactured< vehicle sales 02/2006

Ford (Falcon etc)
7,728 (-14,4%)

Holden (Commodore etc)
6,862 (-15.3%)

Toyota (Camry etc)
2,611 (-26.9%)

Mitsubishi (380)
1,111 (-31.3%)

Where are these "huge numbers" of Camry sales ..? :confused:

They do not exist on Australian sales charts thats for sure .. in fact the February '06 sales figures show that Camry sales suffered more of a percentage-loss than either Falcon or Commodore!

Camry exports are going ok, but total locally-produced Toyota sales amounted to barely one-third of Falcon .. a less than huge figure imo. Traditionally, Camry sales are very much at a 'second tier' level compared to the main players, ie Falcon and Commodore. Without their exports to prop it up the viability of Toyota-Altona would look rather fragile imo

(Source - most recent I could find) http://www.autoindustries.com.au/sales.php/2006/02/origin.html

Like you I'd much prefer Mazda 6 over bland Camry ;)

nota
05-12-2006, 01:36 AM
I drove the 4cyl Commodore my brother owned one, One POS it was so crap.
Yeah I know what you mean .. they were all fan noise and no motor .. the dinky little 13" wheels .. that dreadful whooshing exhaust sound, like Mum's Hoover on full boost

Amazing as this might sound but the Sunbird was even worse, because at least Holden-engined Commodore 4cyls did keep going. Sunbirds began with this incredibly bad Opel 1.9 litre 4cyl motor which shook and leaked oil, never stayed in tune, and to cap it off the donk usually wore out within 5 years - they were shockers!

SlickHolden
05-12-2006, 01:37 AM
The Mazda6 has much more style and panache and is just as high quality and reliable.
With Turbo:D.

john14
05-12-2006, 03:33 AM

Yes, I care. The Mitsubishi 380 is arguably the best car which is Made in Australia and the arguably the best car ever made in Adelaide.

fpv_gtho
05-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Yes, I care. The Mitsubishi 380 is arguably the best car which is Made in Australia and the arguably the best car ever made in Adelaide.

Youve got that right. Arguably...

charged
05-12-2006, 05:32 AM

What about the Charger and the Pacer;)

Hemi Pacer family racer:)

charged
05-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Thankyou Mitsubishi, for more 4 pot, largish shitbox's for me to kill in later years...They are actually a fairly underratted motor, mate has one he races and with decent pistons and rings the only smoke they make is off the back tyre's as they hose the V8's;)

P.S Its racing next weekend at Mallala in the second state round, racings Sat and Sun, come out if you enjoy motorsport.

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/cars/Peddey.htm

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?13/11/2005.MALL.R43

nota
05-12-2006, 06:13 AM
What about the Charger and the Pacer;)

Hemi Pacer family racer:)
Good friend of mine has a limelight VJ Charger 770 cloned to E55 specs .. and then some! It's a really good example too. I went along when he bought (ten years ago!) it had a nicely warmed 340 with 4speed which did mid 14s on the 7" mags. Since then he tidied it by fitting P/S and the factory push-button A/C, then Commodore R&P, a brake/wheel upgrade and E48 diff etc etc. Currently just took delivery of an unassembled Mopar 400 B-block bored/stroked to 511cid:eek: with alloy heads & lots of good bits, a Tremec 5speed ..

I've owned three Hemi Pacers. All those old Vals still look really cool imo, I should make a post of his :)

charged
05-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Nota, I had a VG Pacer as my first car and absolutely loved it, white duco , 3 speed hemi with a 3.5 lsd, also had a CL Charger 264, 4 speed, cam, head blah, blah pulled low 15's down the quarter. Also had a couple of CM Regals.

Once my kids get older would like to build up a charger with a 4l lexus V8, twin turbo's, 5 speed and IRS rear end.

SlickHolden
05-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah I know what you mean .. they were all fan noise and no motor .. the dinky little 13" wheels .. that dreadful whooshing exhaust sound, like Mum's Hoover on full boost

Amazing as this might sound but the Sunbird was even worse, because at least Holden-engined Commodore 4cyls did keep going. Sunbirds began with this incredibly bad Opel 1.9 litre 4cyl motor which shook and leaked oil, never stayed in tune, and to cap it off the donk usually wore out within 5 years - they were shockers!
Them little ugly wheels made it look like one of them American pimp rides the ones that have the hydraulics with them real small wheels:D.

nota
05-12-2006, 07:03 AM
My 3 Pacers were all VG E31s, two sedans and a Hardtop. This was back in the day when Vals were dirt cheap. Both sedans were Bondi Bleach White, for $200 and $112 respectively .. with rego! They were in quite reasonable condition too. The Hardtop in Hemi Orange was a VERY nice example, like you rarely see today. Faded blackouts but otherwise virtually faultless in/out and super original, bought from a Nissan dealer in the early '80s, for $400 !! I really liked that car, it handled well and went like .. well it went like a Hemi :)

Not wishing to brag ;) but I've owned around 30 Valiants over the years. Most were registered goers, ranging from a VF manual 160hp Hardtop with 3 weeks reg for -get this- $30 dollars (!) also two CH 360 coupes, a couple of CJs (one 5 y/o & 80,000kms, in black .. for $900!), a green S-Series manual, AP5s, VEs, VFs, a modded VG Regal Safari 2 BBL which was only 7 years old, various VHs & VJs (including a top-cond 265 factory-4speed wagon in red) CL, CM, a neat ex-SA Highway Patrol VK Charger V8 - you get the picture. Even an AP3 V8 pushbutton in black :cool:

I'm a fan of VH-on 'whale shape' Vals, but Chargers never seem to 'settle' in the back end like the longer wb's do, so not surprised you want a (Jag?) IRS

Daz27
05-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I would kill for one of those Chrysler by Chrysler Coupes, I reckon a black one of those with a big fat old Hemi V8 and 3 speed auto, slammed on its guts with some nice chrome and a decent set of wheels, as long as there wide... I seriously think that would look awesome... I got a thing for those big aus coupes though, hell, I'll even by a HQ 2 door to make the set...Already got the XA...

nota
05-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I would kill for one of those Chrysler by Chrysler Coupes.
Best I can do today is this crappy compilation pic with the better one (top left) a very straight & original one-owner CH coupe in that rare candy colour - the pic doesn't do it justice. Inside was black with the brocade cloth still in exceptional condition. I bought it off a old lady (husband recently died) with an average motor for only $1250, very soft and quiet to drive with 90mph in 2nd. The other coupe in russet metallic for $850 was quite good, I lent it to a 'friend' who stacked it within 200 yards. :mad: The huge boots of these coupes would make for a great LPG conversion

It just goes to show the risks of late-night posting, as I completely forgot about my fourth VG Pacer - the best one too, with 340 4speed! About $3500 iirc but didn't own it long and upsold for profit soon after. I had all cars in this pic except the little red Alfasud. The P76 was $500 V8 4speed ex-police and I've written about my VK Group A previously. That red CJ (also a one-owner @ $2250) was same colour as the VJ wagon, I fitted widened sportswheels, dual exhaust etc with eventually a thermoquad carby on LPG - a tidy unit imo. That's me back in the day with the linamint LC XU-1, a tidy & super original car the seller insisted had raced in the 1970 Bathurst 500 (no confirmation, although it did find rollcage evidence to correlate its vintage/rare Rainsford harness belts). I sold this really neat XU1 complete with non-original engine # (but still X-2 block with tri-carb) in the late '80s for a pathetic $2200 :rolleyes:

(sorry for off topic blab-boosting, although btw there's an excellent net-video of VH Pacer I can re-find if anyone is interested .. back to 380 4cyls!)

2ndclasscitizen
05-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Damn it nota, first the VK Grp A, now a XU-1. I'm seriously jealous. Is that you in the photo with the hose?

SlickHolden
05-13-2006, 12:38 AM
I would kill for one of those Chrysler by Chrysler Coupes, I reckon a black one of those with a big fat old Hemi V8 and 3 speed auto, slammed on its guts with some nice chrome and a decent set of wheels, as long as there wide... I seriously think that would look awesome... I got a thing for those big aus coupes though, hell, I'll even by a HQ 2 door to make the set...Already got the XA...

If you can find a side on pic i can slam it on the guts:D

charged
05-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Got that right nota the old chargers have some trouble putting power down out of corners, I used to have a road behind my work with a big sweeping bend, I could do a massive drift in 2nd for a hundred metres with smoke pouring off the rear bags:D :D :D . Wished you could buy cheap chargers and pacers and coupes now:mad: . Mate at work is doing a VH 2 door up with a 440, progress has stopped now because he and his wife are breeding like rabbits.

2ndclasscitizen
05-13-2006, 05:22 AM
mate of mine from college is a big Val fan. Had a 265 (IIRC) Regal that he always drove, as well as beat up Charger. Got rid of that one, and is building a new one. Built 265 EFI Turbo with nitrous and a 3-spd auto. It's gonna be insane

nota
05-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Damn it nota, first the VK Grp A, now a XU-1. I'm seriously jealous. Is that you in the photo with the hose?
Yes, but I'm just another enthusiast who's been at it for years - made a lot of money out of cars, but lost a helluva lot more. :p Had some pretty good cars but alas they're all mere memories now

On a Newcastle/Melbourne trip in the XU1 I recall bombing down the Hume near Junee - a pretty rough section in those days. I was really pressing on, cruising on 90-100mph and getting bounced about something terrible, when up behind comes this XA GT Tudor which followed me for maybe 5 miles, then swept past and disappeared serenely into the distance at what must have been a sustained 120+ ... I never saw it again ;)

The thing I liked best about XU1s was their fantastic controllability during slides. No wonder they were such great rallycars. Honestly even on narrow suburban streets in the wet you could get them sideways in a straight line and just hold them there on full oppy-lock - for as long as you liked - then with the merest tweak it'd come back perfectly straight with no dramas at all, and no subsequent fishtail either. It was easy to look good in XU1s

Maybe you'll get a smile from this crap pic of the Torana and my blue Hemi-powered MGB, with mate's old MG Magnette parked between in green. Check out all those parking tickets - we're in the process of burning 'em :D

Falcon500
05-14-2006, 02:19 AM
They'd more than like run a shorter stroke version of the current 6's
I must of done something right your begging to sound like me :p
It worked for fleets and taxis from the first falcon all the way to eb i cant see why a detroked lump built for ecconmy wont work now (as uninspiring as it may sound) and holden wouldent have much devolpment required seeing
as how theres already smaller versions of the alloytech used by other branches and shit their even being built here.

A 4 banger wouldent hurt the 380 and the astron is better then the sirius motors (and both are still in production and the sirius is still being used in vans and the majority are carbied:eek: ) at least the astron doesnt have half the strange hoses for pollution gear and so on.

lol nota you arnt doing too bad all ive had was a rusty XY falcon(when i was 14 drove it a fair bit too :P) 80 datsun sunny (shitest car id ever owned) and my current 84 Nissan Gazelle i like the gazelle but i got diddled i was told it had the rear IRS (rare for the year model standard since mid 85) but for $1200 with 11 months rego and a new clutch i couldent complain....if only it was irs i would of done an FJ20 conversion on it ;)

nota
05-14-2006, 02:42 AM
lol nota you arnt doing too bad all ..
Mate I reckon there's a really good chance I also owned your Dad's old red Studebaker ..?

Please see 2nd to last para of my post here http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=525970&postcount=31

Falcon500
05-14-2006, 02:59 AM
Mate I reckon there's a really good chance I also owned your Dad's old red Studebaker ..?

Please see 2nd to last para of my post here http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=525970&postcount=31
No our old red stude was a local car but it was orgionally green and we got it as a rolling shell and we also got our siamese cat of the same person but i had a
quick word with my old man and he recognizes the description of the car (i didnt mention it was a 64 but he added that scary) and said it was in cambell in the late 70s but thats the last he saw of it....both ours a 65s

And we stumbeld on that one before i read that but thanks....also from a good source (and make note i dont give out bibliographys :P) i also have pictures of studebakers at bathurst also what they didnt mention in australian muscle car was in 67 our mate in the studebaker came 3rd outright but was regulated back to 5th on the technicality that his car was old (holden and ford didnt like being out done by and older car froma dead marque so they winged bitterly and even made threats)

But seeing as how you seem intrested ill make a thread in users rides and try and give you as much info ill keep you posted :)

nota
05-16-2006, 07:43 AM
i also have pictures of studebakers at bathurst also what they didnt mention in australian muscle car was in 67 our mate in the studebaker came 3rd outright but was regulated back to 5th on the technicality that his car was old (holden and ford didnt like being out done by and older car froma dead marque so they winged bitterly and even made threats)
Sorry but I don't believe that

In reality the Studebaker qualified 10th in 1967, and finished six laps down in 11th place. That edition of AMC magazine featured the very bloke (Warren Weldon) who drove the Studebaker in the 1967 Bathurst race. Weldon claims the car "was reasonably competitive, at least in practice and the early laps" but admits it required an incredible six disc-pad changes (in 500 miles!)

Considering those six pad-changes how could Weldon's Studebaker have achieved anywhere near 3rd, or even 5th? :confused:

http://www.nmrm.com.au/fact.cfm?ID_Race=8&

But seeing as how you seem intrested ill make a thread in users rides and try and give you as much info ill keep you posted :)
Looking forward to it! :)

Weldon/Hall Studebaker Daytona @ Bathurst 1967
http://www.studebakerracing.com/internat.html

69six-pack
06-09-2006, 09:18 PM
I think that the 380 should come with the choice of a 4-cyl and a V-8 the only thing is that if they had a 4-cyl they may have to think about making it lighter at the moment it weights in at 1625kg :eek: even though 4-cyl will make it lighter thats still a lot of mass for it to move, as for putting in a small or big block V-8 in it Holden and Ford would have to really worry, the great thing about the 380 is that Mitsubishi have really tried there hardest and have not held back and any way I think that if the 380 had a V-8 it may be one of the best car's around... Being that they are owned by Chrysler :D imagine if they had a hemi in it.

fpv_gtho
06-09-2006, 09:59 PM
It would still be FWD though.

69six-pack
06-10-2006, 02:27 AM
I did not know that they were fwd, they would really amazing if they were a awd like in the magna surly it would not be hard to swap them over... but still i still think the 4 cyl could not do it justice.

SlickHolden
06-10-2006, 04:10 AM
Up there sales by 30% if these things happen.
Mitsubishi is guaranteed long term in Australia.
1 RWD car:D

Falcon500
06-11-2006, 01:56 AM
I did not know that they were fwd, they would really amazing if they were a awd like in the magna surly it would not be hard to swap them over... but still i still think the 4 cyl could not do it justice.
AWD was optional on earlier magnas and only became standard on 03 vrxs and are only available in auto.

And yes it wold be hard the 380 is a completly diffrent car...and your right performance wise but in todays markets somethings need to be considerd especially if we dont want mitsu to go.

And as a queastion what does a big block superbee have to do with this section:confused:

69six-pack
06-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Im not really sure but it sure is a cool picture though... oh I mean it is what I think of when i see the mistsu 380

69six-pack
06-11-2006, 02:24 AM
and do you mean that the AWD would be a bad thing?

Falcon500
06-11-2006, 02:34 AM
and do you mean that the AWD would be a bad thing?
In this case yes the AWD system would have to be developed as there is little to no similarity between the 380 and the magna (the magnas system was made easy by its similarity between the early galant and lancer models)

It is a pretty cool picture though.

SlickHolden
06-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Make life easy and buy the Torana off holden GM:D??? Holden buys it off them cheap and they don't need to outlay to much money mitsub gets a mid size RWD car and holden and GM gets it to.?