PDA

View Full Version : which race car have u seen?

silverhawk
03-15-2004, 03:19 PM
we all have seen race cars on tv, magazines but im talking about seeing race cars in the flesh. probably at a motorshow, on the race track etc. so tell me bout it. the cars can be lemans, rally ,f1 or any other race.
the race cars that ive seen are:
le mans:
audi r8
bmw lm v12
cadillac LMP
bentley EXP speed 8
F1:
jaguar
honda
toyota
bmw
Rally:
peugeot 206 WRC

Matra et Alpine
03-15-2004, 03:24 PM
we all have seen race cars on tv, magazines but im talking about seeing race cars in the flesh. probably at a motorshow, on the race track etc. so tell me bout it. the cars can be lemans, rally ,f1 or any other race.
the race cars that ive seen are:

Do you know how many of them were the real cars ?
It is common now for an F1 car to be a development chassis with this years panels fitted to make it look real.
WRC cars are shown and if yo look under the wings you see standard suspension :(
There is a lot of 'show' and no 'go' with a lot of the cars.

Authenticated, my list is huge as I'm lucky enough to get the chance to go to some of the best historic/classic rallying and racing in the world where pretty much everything has turned up and is real.

Le Mans, GT, WRC, Group B, F1, F2, F3, Can-Am and saloon ( now BTCC/ETCC etc etc )
Never thought to try to list the individual cars before....

... nah ... too much hard work, sorry :(
one for my retirement as I finally find the time to organise all the photos and videos :)

kiwitt
03-15-2004, 03:25 PM
The "Bentley 4 1/2 Litre - Supercharged"

One of the first supercars. History in the flesh.

In NZ, we can hire it for NZ$500 per 1/2 day and additional NZ$100 if you want to drive it.

Coventrysucks
03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Highlights from various events (Mostly Goodwood FOS) include:

Napier Railton
Bentley 4 1/2 litre Blower
Jaguar D Type
Jaguar E Type Low Drag
Ford GT40
Porsche 917K 1970
Porsche 917/30
Porsche 962C
Jaguar XJR9
Jaguar XJR12
Jaguar XJ220C
BMW 3.0 CSL Batmobile
Jaguar XJ5.3C Broadspeed
AMG Mercedes Benz CLK DTM
Audi Quattro Sport S1 Evo
Renault 5 Maxi turbo
Lancia Delta S4
Peugeot 205 T16
Audi R8
2000 Cadillac LMP
ORECA Viper GTS/R GT2
Cheverolet Corvette C5-R
2000 Subaru Impreza WRC
2000 Ford Focus WRC
1999 Peugeot 206 WRC
2000 Skoda Octavia WRC
McLaren Mercedes MP4/14 (2)
McLaren TAG Turbo MP4/2
Williams BMW FW22
Jordan Mugen Honda 199
Jaguar Cosworth R1
Porsche 993 911 GT1
Marcos LM600
Porsche 993 911 GT2

And my all time favorite
Mclaren F1 GTR longtail at Silverstone
Best Sounding Car Ever

NAZCA C2
03-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Cart cars are awesome up close. I have been to several Cart races in the past. At Burke Lakefront Airport the Cart cars would go screaming by at close to 200mph!!! 900hp turbocharged horses and only 1500 lbs!!!

The Panoz LMP is also pretty cool, its louder than loud. I saw the Panoz at Mid-Ohio. I was there for a Cart race and after the race they had a bunch of ALMS cars do a demo ride. I'm going to have to go to an ALMS race this year.

fpv_gtho
03-16-2004, 02:15 AM
Ive only seen the BA Falcon V8 Supercar prototype, plus a couple of other press cars from the V8 Supercars

fpv_gtho
03-16-2004, 02:16 AM
Ive only seen the BA Falcon V8 Supercar prototype, plus a couple of other press cars from the V8 Supercars

i forgot to add i saw a GT40 at the same time as the BA, it was the 2002 Syndey Motor Show

the real deal
03-17-2004, 01:41 AM
I have seen so many racing cars over the last 6 years but there are three that i will always remember seeing. The first is the Johanson Gulf Audi R8 which i saw racing at donington when the old ELMS series was still in action, the last race b4 Le Mans of that year. the second two i saw both on the same day. The cliff Opel Calibra ITC car and the Pikes Peak rallye car the Toyota Tacoma. Both of these i saw at the GoodWood festival of speed. There are many others that i have seen but these are the best.(And i wudnt like to boast) ;)