PDA

View Full Version : Alpine-Renault collection (part)

Matra et Alpine
03-15-2004, 05:20 PM
OK, can't get to my bigger models which are in storage, but from my 1/43rd collection ..

The A610 needs some 'repair' from over-zealous building - I wasn't used to this scale.
The GTA is missing the rear wing - running repair needed. Lesson learned, don't show models to relaitives after a few glasses of wine :(
The A310 is a treet version of the final Group IV V6. I can't claim the body colour which is georgeous, this one came as a painted shell.
The A110 is cheating as it was ready built and is actually a SLOT CAR, pretty good for that :)

This thread has made me finally work out how to take good macro images with the digital camera and revisit my models. I'll try to find some time to do the repairs and post full 360 of each.

Niko_Fx
03-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Nice cars Matra :)

I'm still deciding which one I like the most.... A610 or A110....??....

Matra et Alpine
03-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Nice cars Matra :)

I'm still deciding which one I like the most.... A610 or A110....??....
I know what you mean, it's a nice problem to have :)

Thanks, look out for the factory Le Mans collection coming soon.
Then my Matras :)

henk4
03-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Nice, but too small for my taste. (that's prejudice because I never tried one actually). When looking at the GTA I get a feeling that either the skirts are out of proportion or the track (especially rear are too narrow. Has that to do with the camera?

I'll prepare some pics of the 442 and the A110 (both Tamiya and Heller) in 1/24. May be I should start on the 1/12 F1 Matra.

Matra et Alpine
03-17-2004, 05:33 AM
Nice, but too small for my taste. (that's prejudice because I never tried one actually).
I'd never been a 1/43rd collector until I came across the Alpine series. The GTA and A610 were only ever in that scale. So I started. Since then I've found a nice range much wider than in other scales.
Still struggling to get it 'right' though ( and they can be expensive.

When looking at the GTA I get a feeling that either the skirts are out of proportion or the track (especially rear are too narrow. Has that to do with the camera?
Only partly :(
This kit was built using the supplied wheels and the don't sit as wide as they should/could. I plan to purchase upgraded wheels for it.
Taking photos this close up to 1/43rd is asking for trouble and criticism :)
I've seen things that I hadn't noticed when it sits on the shelf.
Moral of the story - if building skill is not so good then photograph from arms length, grasshopper :) :)

henk4
03-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Taking photos this close up to 1/43rd is asking for trouble and criticism :)
I've seen things that I hadn't noticed when it sits on the shelf.
Moral of the story - if building skill is not so good then photograph from arms length, grasshopper :) :)
Fully agreed, that's why I hesitate to post more models ;)