NuclearCrap
05-13-2006, 10:26 PM
.............................okay? :confused:

johnnynumfiv
05-13-2006, 10:30 PM
You tell em!

pimento
05-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Holden? Besides the Conformadore (which you basically had there as the GTO anyway) they're all rebadged Opels and Daewoos. MG don't exist, Rover don't exist, and.. someone will have to clarify this for me, but I'm not sure Vauxhall do anything original anymore. A bunch of Opels are pretty much there as Saabs, and most SEATs are VW Golfs anyway, with Skoda being similar.

Alfa definately though.. They're great.

F1_Master
05-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, here's good news.

Alfa Romeo plans to come to the states in '07.
And GM will be replacing the Ion with an Opel.

Rockefella
05-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Did you name every company that isn't sold in America, sans the Chinese and a few oddballs here and there?

fpv_gtho
05-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Didnt you make one of these threads awhile ago?

RazaBlade
05-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Rover? Good luck with that. Even we dont get that over here!

Ferrer
05-14-2006, 02:38 AM
Rover? Good luck with that. Even we dont get that over here!
MG is going to be difficult as well...;)

drakkie
05-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Missing out on the best :D Citroen :) I'm sure the C6 would sell well under the californian rich folks...

cmcpokey
05-14-2006, 06:16 AM
i think citroen, peugeot, and renault i think would all do well over here. alfa is one that i am excited about their return to the US market, and I am on the bandwagon for TVR to come to the states, one that oddly has not been mentioned here yet

coolieman1220
05-14-2006, 08:12 AM
RUF! thats what im talkin bout!

my porsche
05-14-2006, 08:15 AM
ill take alfa and seat, but i cant say the rest are desireable what-so-ever

F1_Master
05-14-2006, 08:50 AM
RUF! thats what im talkin bout!
Rufs are sold here.

They have the only dealer in the US right here in Texas.
It's not that long of a drive from me.

Viper007
05-14-2006, 09:14 AM
TVR, thats pretty much it.

SlickHolden
05-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Alfa Romeo
FIAT
Holden
Lancia
MG
Opel
Peugeot
Renault
Rover
SEAT
Skoda
Vauxhall
Hmmm sell of GM's only money making car company's:p.
Still wont save GM in the U.S.
If i went to the U.S and Bought Budweiser would it be a Aussie company???

FerrariPrinze1
05-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Srew tvr

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Srew tvr
TVR > Ferrari.

cmcpokey
05-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Srew tvr

i think you missed a "c"

and i thought you were banned?

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 11:53 AM
i think you missed a "c"

and i thought you were banned?
Temporary I think.

Ferrer
05-14-2006, 12:00 PM
TVR > Ferrari.
Indeed, and it's shame that they just closed their factory...:(

FerrariPrinze1
05-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I have luv 4 tvr ...don't get me wrong...yet tooo many people give them the ultimate make title bacause of the speed 12.....and as far as FERRARI and tvr...there is a FERRARI in every class of there cars that will shit on tvr...and y isn't the speed 12 on ucp anymore...

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I have luv 4 tvr ...don't get me wrong...yet tooo many people give them the ultimate make title bacause of the speed 12.....and as far as FERRARI and tvr...there is a FERRARI in every class of there cars that will shit on tvr...and y isn't the speed 12 on ucp anymore...
Ferrari's prices are nearly double that of the TVR though. (In the competitive classes, which may only be the Sagaris and 360/430.) Ferrari's only good car is the F430.

F1_Master
05-14-2006, 12:18 PM
No they don't.

They think of Ferrari as the Ultimate Car manufacturer.

90% of the US has never even heard of TVR.

:Exige:
05-14-2006, 12:18 PM
You get 4x the performance from a TVR as compared to a Ferrari. The top of the range TVR Sagaris could do fairly well against the Ferrari Enzo, but costs 10x less.

No .. TVR isn't given the ultimate make title ... that is just bullcrap you have made up. And if they were given it, the Cerbera Speed 12 still wouldn't be the reason. But anyway, the Cerbera Speed 12 could piss all over an Enzo and if it went into full production, would have cost 4x less than the Enzo.

FerrariPrinze1, you are the most biased fool I have ever had the dishonor of laughing at. Now I'm going to laugh a bit more at your ignorance.

05-14-2006, 12:20 PM
TVR, thats pretty much it.
Your wish is their command. It will be coming in the near future if the factory closure doesn't end the company.

cmcpokey
05-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Temporary I think.
damn, i was hoping permanent

05-14-2006, 12:37 PM
damn, i was hoping permanent
We all were. Hehe - could say that we were hoping he'd become the UCP poster formerely known as FerrariPrinze

Another Prince I want banned ...
http://image.listen.com/img/356x237/2/8/4/7/507482_356x237.jpg

Ferrer
05-14-2006, 12:38 PM
People like you are part of the problem of Ferrari. Not having people like you is part of the appeal of TVR.

FerrariPrinze1
05-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Naaaa

FerrariPrinze1
05-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Name how tvr is better than ferrari....the sagaris would get raped against 430...go play sum pgr3

kko
05-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Your right - an arcade styled racing game should determine the better of to cars youve never driven, infact why dont we just put stage 8 turbos on both.

05-14-2006, 02:38 PM
F430 - 0-60 in 3.9s
Sagaris - 0-60 in 3.5s

F430 - 1450kg
Sagaris - 1140kg

F430 - 330bhp/tonne
Sagaris - 350bhp/tonne

FerrariPrinze - Pwned

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I think they did this Comparo in Motor Trend, let me check my collection.

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 02:47 PM
F430 - 0-60 in 3.9s
Sagaris - 0-60 in 3.5s

F430 - 1450kg
Sagaris - 1140kg

F430 - 330bhp/tonne
Sagaris - 350bhp/tonne

FerrariPrinze - Pwned
Not sure of the source so I figured I'd post 'em directly off of UCP.

TVR Sagaris (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2048)

Ferrari F430 (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2063)

05-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Not sure of the source so I figured I'd post 'em directly off of UCP.

TVR Sagaris (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2048)

Ferrari F430 (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2063)
The only disagreement is the 0-60 times ... even then the Sagaris is still faster. I sourced my information from Autocar magazine.

Ferrer
05-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Name how tvr is better than ferrari....the sagaris would get raped against 430...go play sum pgr3
What you've got to understand is that, IMO, at that level of peroformance the figures are more or less meningless for everyday driving and the owning experience. It's not like you're going to notice if one car gets to sixty 2 tenths of a second slower than the other, or if one does 189mph and the other 191mph. What's more in everyday you don't usually do 0-60 or test the top speed of your car very often (unless you live in Germany, but that's not the point).

All that matters when choosing a car is personal preference, and this can be motivated by endless factors such as looks, noise, price or image of the car/brand amongst others. As such you cannot say something is better than something else (Ferrari than TVR in this case), because the person you're telling it to might very probably have different priorities and tastes, thus rendering your statement useless, even more if you don't provide some arguments or reasons to your opinions.

05-14-2006, 03:49 PM
What you've got to understand is that, IMO, at that level of peroformance the figures are more or less meningless for everyday driving and the owning experience. It's not like you're going to notice if one car gets to sixty 2 tenths of a second slower than the other, or if one does 189mph and the other 191mph. What's more in everyday you don't usually do 0-60 or test the top speed of your car very often (unless you live in Germany, but that's not the point).

All that matters when choosing a car is personal preference, and this can be motivated by endless factors such as looks, noise, price or image of the car/brand amongst others. As such you cannot say something is better than something else (Ferrari than TVR in this case), because the person you're telling it to might very probably have different priorities and tastes, thus rendering your statement useless, even more if you don't provide some arguments or reasons to your opinions.
I was talking in performance. And if every debate went like that, nothing would get done. We have to find something that can be compared between cars if we want a debate to be a debate instead of a pussying out session.

Performance figures are a way of comparing cars. Of course, FerrariPrinze is guilty of not comparing cars and generally being a closed minded twunt ;)

F1_Master
05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
You are a complete dumbass.

Please tell me you did not just base a comparison off a game.

Ferrer
05-14-2006, 04:27 PM
I was talking in performance. And if every debate went like that, nothing would get done. We have to find something that can be compared between cars if we want a debate to be a debate instead of a pussying out session.

Performance figures are a way of comparing cars. Of course, FerrariPrinze is guilty of not comparing cars and generally being a closed minded twunt ;)
I agree that performance figures are a way of comparing cars, but as I suppose he was thinking that the Ferrari would be faster, even if that was the case (which it isn't as you pointed out), that wouldn't necesarily make the Ferrari more appealing, that was the point I was trying to make.;)

FerrariPrinze1
05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Ur a dumbass..I wuzzz kiddin asshole....I say the 430 would win on track........the 430 does a 3.5 not 3.9....in many comparos it has won....the 430 beat the ford gt on many occasions....and I doubt the sagaris could beat a gt..

2ndclasscitizen
05-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Ur a dumbass..I wuzzz kiddin asshole....I say the 430 would win on track........the 430 does a 3.5 not 3.9....in many comparos it has won....the 430 beat the ford gt on many occasions....and I doubt the sagaris could beat a gt..
I doubt the 430 would win on a track. The Sagaris has lighter and has a higher power to weight ratio. And there's not a chance the 430 does 0-60 in 3.5 secs. To do that in an Enzo you'd have to be perfect at launching it.

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 04:41 PM
You have to give us legitimate resources, not unfounded Bullshit flying off your fingertips.

F1_Master
05-14-2006, 04:47 PM
I did it just because you said so, and seem to know everything.

Full F1 Circuit:
F430: 1:47.58
Sagaris: 1:49.32
Then, again, PGR3 isn't even real.

It's never been in a Comparison against a Sagaris, and last I checked, a Ford GT was NOT a Sagaris.

And who gives a sh*t if you say it wins. I say I boned 14 women in one night, make it true? No, that's what I thought.

FerrariPrinze1
05-14-2006, 08:02 PM
The enzo does a 3.3 manual....the f1 sequencial trani does into the higher 2s with launch.....if u really wannat compare cars...the cebera speed 12 does a 3.5 and has never won against an Enzo in many tests...they're all on the net...go get them yourselves.....the cebera would also get slapped by the f50gt with over 1000bhp....go to supercars .net....that's all I gotta say.......and dare I not say the FXX....so in naming in wut I juzt did how is tvr better??the "Ultimate Ferraris" are cars that even with the "1st"level hp which was 750 til' they retuned it to 1000 naturally aspirated 4.7LITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killed a 917 on a site I saw on google...let youpotheads do this shit!!!1!

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 08:34 PM
The enzo does a 3.3 manual....the f1 sequencial trani does into the higher 2s with launch.....if u really wannat compare cars...the cebera speed 12 does a 3.5 and has never won against an Enzo in many tests...they're all on the net...go get them yourselves.....the cebera would also get slapped by the f50gt with over 1000bhp....go to supercars .net....that's all I gotta say.......and dare I not say the FXX....so in naming in wut I juzt did how is tvr better??the "Ultimate Ferraris" are cars that even with the "1st"level hp which was 750 til' they retuned it to 1000 naturally aspirated 4.7LITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killed a 917 on a site I saw on google...let youpotheads do this shit!!!1!
Are you slow?

We've provided our share of proof. You said that the F430 would KILL the Sagaris heads up, and we've provided bhp/litre, bhp/pound or kg, 0-60, 1/4, price, etc. In most of the specifications, the TVR was better than the Ferrari.

Now, if you're gonna rant even more about the Enzo and the FXX, show us the god damned proof! For all I know, it doesn't exist, and I sure as hell ain't looking for it. This is where I expect a death threat towards me from you and ya' boys, like you usually do in threads, but remember, me and 'my boys' are a half hour drive to Harlem, and we don't like posers. :p

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Oh well, I decided to find proof for you, because you're that cool.

The absolute fastest time I've seen for the Enzo (0-60 mph) is 3.3 seconds from UltimateCarPage.com (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1321), WebCars (http://www.web-cars.com/enzo/specifications.html), Road&Track (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=627&page_number=7), plus many others.

SuperCars.net (http://www.supercars.net/cars/1934.html) quoted it at 3.4 seconds and Ferrari's official website has the 0-62 mph listed at 3.65 seconds. Now I ask you to prove this sub 2-second claim.

These Cerbera Speed 12 vs Ferrari Enzo tests I will not look for, seeing as the Speed 12 is not road-legal, and is practically out of existence... with like 1 or 2 copies still alive IIRC.

The last comment about tuning a Ferrari over 1000 horsepower to beat a 917 is useless, because then we're dealing with tuned vs. stock.

It's your turn Prince.

Almost forgot, Q.E.D.

Rockefella
05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
You signed offline, figures.

2ndclasscitizen
05-14-2006, 10:13 PM
The enzo does a 3.3 manual....the f1 sequencial trani does into the higher 2s with launchYou do realise that the Enzo was only available with the F1 gearbox

.....if u really wannat compare cars...the cebera speed 12 does a 3.5 and has never won against an Enzo in many tests...they're all on the net...go get them yourselves.....the cebera would also get slapped by the f50gt with over 1000bhp....go to supercars .net....that's all I gotta say.......and dare I not say the FXX....so in naming in wut I juzt did how is tvr better??the "Ultimate Ferraris" are cars that even with the "1st"level hp which was 750 til' they retuned it to 1000 naturally aspirated 4.7LITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killed a 917 on a site I saw on google...let youpotheads do this shit!!!1! And I doubt an F50 could hit 1000bhp. It's engine was based on the F1 car engine, that never reached 1000bhp

clutch-monkey
05-14-2006, 10:32 PM
lol i was gonna say no enzo came in manual... this guy is a fanboy of cars he doesn't even know the specs of.

fpv_gtho
05-14-2006, 10:35 PM

This is the second time ive banned you for being abusive towards other members. If you do not improve your attitude you may find yourself permanently banned.

Pando
05-15-2006, 12:12 PM
People like you are part of the problem of Ferrari. Not having people like you is part of the appeal of TVR.
[/end thread] :D

main_man989
05-30-2006, 06:21 AM
i completely agree that all those companies should be brought to america. another thing i HATE is how certain car companies that are based in other countries (such as nissan, toyota, etc...) withhold certain cars from us, like the supra and skyline and so on and so forth. what prevents them from selling those cars here?

Slicks
05-30-2006, 06:44 AM
i completely agree that all those companies should be brought to america. another thing i HATE is how certain car companies that are based in other countries (such as nissan, toyota, etc...) withhold certain cars from us, like the supra and skyline and so on and so forth. what prevents them from selling those cars here?
Both the Supra and Skyline were/are sold in America. The Skyline is dubbed "G35".
What stops companies from selling certain cars here is emissions, crash tests, whether or not they feel they will make a profit, also conversion to left hand drive.

henk4
05-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Both the Supra and Skyline were/are sold in America. The Skyline is dubbed "G35".
What stops companies from selling certain cars here is emissions, crash tests, whether or not they feel they will make a profit, also conversion to left hand drive.

Selling also requires after sales service. Setting up a complete dealer network, with trained staff is quite an investment. Hence many european companies do not want to get burned hands. The crash tests are not a problem, the emissions can be technically dealt with, and we have alreay LHD.

Ferrer
05-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Selling also requires after sales service. Setting up a complete dealer network, with trained staff is quite an investment. Hence many european companies do not want to get burned hands. The crash tests are not a problem, the emissions can be technically dealt with, and we have alreay LHD.
I think he had more in mind Japanese cars...:rolleyes:

main_man989
05-31-2006, 04:59 AM

yes i know that. i remember i used to see supra's all the time when they were being made available for sale here. im just saying that over time theyve taken some pretty awesome cars away from us, that they used to export here

henk4
05-31-2006, 05:15 AM
yes i know that. i remember i used to see supra's all the time when they were being made available for sale here. im just saying that over time theyve taken some pretty awesome cars away from us, that they used to export here

well, in a way the Japanese have stopped producing these awesome cars. There is no Skyline anymore, the Supra has gone and so has the Celica.
I guess the 350Z and the S2000 are about the only exciting cars you can buy, and these are sold all over the world.