PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap

7<0m9
05-15-2006, 12:34 AM
would it be possible to swap a 13btt into any all wheel drive car? more specifically maybe an eagle talon?

Egg Nog
05-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Anything is possible with enough money and custom fabrication work.

"Does it make sense" is another question which desperately needs asking - if your goal is to build something unlike anything done before and you've got the skills or the money to back the concept, go for it. If you're shooting for a performance goal, the stock turbo Talon engine is a good platform to build from.

2ndclasscitizen
05-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Depends. What's the engine configuration in an Eagle Talon? I don't think I've ever heard of a FWD or AWD rotary, so mounting it transversely may require a LOT of custom fabrication and experimentation

Blue Supra
05-15-2006, 02:56 AM
do it! i dont know anything about the Talon being aussie but any rotar swap (if you do it right) would be mad!

diner
05-15-2006, 05:04 AM
need to know that if any1 knows about cressida. need 2 put a supra 1JZ or JZ engine into her..

Falcon500
05-15-2006, 06:25 AM
need to know that if any1 knows about cressida. need 2 put a supra 1JZ or JZ engine into her..
go the 1jz Its and excedingly easy swap from what ive been told if i recall correctly youll need the fornt sump version to clear the crosmember but other then that all you have to do is pilfer some engine mounts (its a combination between the 4 door and the 2 door car cant rember which never had to find out)
and from there its wiring.

The 2jz is slighty harder (done less time and less raw dato on the conversion into that car) and fair bit more involved but the finished product would be a bit better.