PDA

View Full Version : A Small 914 Update

Egg Nog
03-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Just in case someone besides me cares about my car ;):

I paid a visit to my car today, and much has progressed... most of the front half of the car is primered, and almost all of the underbody coating has been applied. There was a lot of rust repair done, as well as the replacement of the passenger side headlamp assembly.

I think the total will work out to be somewhere around three-and-a-half grad (CAD)... I hope I can bring you some pictures as soon as it's back on the road.

crisis
03-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Just in case someone besides me cares about my car ;):

I paid a visit to my car today, and much has progressed... most of the front half of the car is primered, and almost all of the underbody coating has been applied. There was a lot of rust repair done, as well as the replacement of the passenger side headlamp assembly.

I think the total will work out to be somewhere around three-and-a-half grad (CAD)... I hope I can bring you some pictures as soon as it's back on the road.
Its so hard being seperated from the one you love.

henk4
03-16-2004, 04:41 AM
Its so hard being seperated from the one you love.

especially when it is rusting.

fpv_gtho
03-16-2004, 05:21 AM
is this still some repairs from that minor crash you had with it (if i'm remembering correctly) or just some routine restoration work?

Niko_Fx
03-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Hope you get it back soon ;)

Egg Nog
03-16-2004, 10:52 PM
is this still some repairs from that minor crash you had with it (if i'm remembering correctly) or just some routine restoration work?

Still finishing up the repairs from the accident, but I'm having them throw on a little extra paint and apply the underbody coating where I had welded on a series of pieces before... it was bare steel, so naturally it was rusting a little. You're probably not so familiar with this concept in Australia, but Vancouver is one of the world's wet major cities... :) You lucky bastards :D

fpv_gtho
03-16-2004, 10:57 PM
i think its a process thats known here, but not implemented all that much, as not many people really take much pride in what they drive. with like 90% of the population here being on the coast, rust is a major issue with the salinity of the ocean water and all that

crisis
03-16-2004, 10:59 PM
irust is a major issue with the salinity of the ocean water and all that
But we dont have salt thrown all over icey roads. Rust proofing in new cars is also pretty good these days.

fpv_gtho
03-16-2004, 11:01 PM
thats true, the closest would be sand thrown on oil slicks